Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions (44913 Views)

I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions / Nigerian Army Begins 2018 Recruitment Of 77 Regular Recruits: How To Apply / All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 31, 2017
fridayomali:

The minimum qualification for tge non-commission officers is SSCE while tge maximum is diploma certificate. The maximum rank for this is Master warrant officer. If you are able to further and get a BSc or HND, you will then apply for presidential commission to tge rank of lieutenant as the case may be.

NOTE
* nobody should deceive you that without godfather you cannot further your education. Is a lie.. I know a lot of other ranks who are BSc and MSc holders. Note that your salary as SSCE holder in the military is a level 8 basic salary of 50,000.00 or there about.

Ok sir how did they go about getting the bsc nd msc
How difficult is it?
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Diso60090(m): 11:52am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result
I would love to apply for the 77rri 2017/2018 army recruitment exercise

What should I expect during the screening/ exercise?
Am igbo,hope it won't affect?
What rank would I be given if I reg with my ssce?
Is it possible for me to attend a university while in the army?

If Its possible, when am done would I be offered promotion based on my new qualification?

If not what is the highest possible rank.I can achieve with throughtout if I apply with my ssce result?
Thanks

What is d salary structure like?

You never think about where them oga wan send you go na salary be your problem
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 31, 2017
Gentlesniper:

Lol, i just dey laff you. surviving your everyday cult has nothing to do with surviving in the millitary. I think your main aim of wanting to join the army is to prove a point to people who always undermine you, rather than to serve the nation, then u gats have a rethink. But then why not settle down and get your bsc, then go for the direct short service course since its age limit is i think from 21-35 or atleast within that range. I wish you all the very best

Bros naija cult no b here ooo
If there's anything, u lose d fear of dying
dats not my aim though
I have always wanted to be a millitary personnel , ever since comlag ipaja
Buh then I didn't give it a second thought or chance

Tanx , I appreciate
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by showboy2301: 11:56am On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Bros y did u quit / go awol na
no dear, I didn't quit. I went on a course under Army for all interested Military personnel and paramilitary. D 4yrs I spent was like hell. If u av beta optn, plsssss don't join Army
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 31, 2017
Diso60090:

You never think about where them oga wan send you go na salary be your problem

True oo
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:57am On Dec 31, 2017
To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing like non-combatant in the Army. Be you in the medical, engineering or finance corp, your primary assignment as a soldier is to defend your country. Hence, there's the possibility of you dying in combat. Or are you saying that since the beginning of Boko Haram, no medical, engineering of finance personnel has been killed?
IMASTEX:

You spoke brilliantly. Nice question and remark at the bolded. Though, if he performs excellently during the academic work at the training camp. He stands to pass out as non combatant. I.e admin, school, health, etc
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
tomtyte02:

He never talk true. Na admission into University him need.

See person

na d bsc zoology weh I go soon tidy
abi d elect elect engr weh I just get Admission to study

So which Admission I deh find again na

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2017
You forgot to ask him whether he has a godfather which is one of the criteria.Or you want to tell me that 80% of those who pass the screening are not base on man-know-man basis?This is Nigeria.
gbosaa:

You haven’t even applied or passed selection and you are here undermining the rank of a WO. That’s disrespectful. Do you even know what a WO does and how important he is? How are you sure you’d scale through?

Like I said, in an more organised environment, your suicide attempts will appear on your medical reports.

I don’t know how it’s done in Nig. In some countries, the army will normally send forms to your doctor which he has to complete about your health issues, once that’s done, you’ll be given a date to attend selection. If you pass, you’ll commence training.

Don’t compare military with your school or neighbourhood fraternity.

I believe there are lots of members of Nigeria military here to answer your questions. I don’t work with Nigeria military and I do not have the knowledge and authority to answer questions about them.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by yoged(m): 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
Let's bagg d bsc nd d b.engr
First
I shld b 26 then for d b.engr
D bsc may nxt yr

Hope its good like that

Its d thrill am looking for
I have thought myself fighting ops
In syria ,iraq etc taking down bh squads
Being decorated with medals ,promotions

Its weird ba
Buh dats it oo

I like.d army ,
too much of hollywood
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Kennedy767(m): 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
gbosaa:

I disagree sir, there are lots of Nigerian youths with lots of energy and passion for the Army. Some waste that dream channelling that aggro into meaningless ventures. There are lots of talents lying waste in Nigeria. Those are the kinds that eventually become menace to society.

There raw talents can be tapped, they can be redirected. Military is the place to be if you have the opportunity, mental and physical fitness to withstand the rigours of training cos your mental and physical capacity will be stretched to their elastic limit but it’s worth it at the end.

If the young man love the army, he should try his luck. If however he wants to escape unemployment, military isn’t the place cos he will face the unspeakable. It’s not for the faint hearted.

My only problem with the op is his confession of having attempted suicide. Military isn’t for his kind.
come let me tell u....my Igbo in-law that joined the Army with ssce is in Maiduguri as am talking to u...he av applied for voluntary retirement 3x now... he later further his education I tink to ND degree or HND degree yet they did not promote him....I tink he is a warrant officer now...he is an Igbo guy of about 40yrs now....I wanted to apply with my Bsc degree wen I pass out of NYSC last month...but he keep adversing me not to try it.....my dear if that guy mistakenly join Nigeria army now with that ssce result ,believe me ,all ur training, screening n resuming of work will b in SAMBISA FOREST...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
yoged:
too much of hollywood

Lol no.b lie ooo
One bros call am silly fantasy nd mental issues oo

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
Kennedy767:
come let me tell u....my Igbo in-law that joined the Army with ssce is in Maiduguri as am talking to u...he av applied for voluntary retirement 3x now... he later further his education I tink to ND degree or HND degree yet they did not promote him....I tink he I'd warrant officer now...he is an Igbo guy of about 40yrs now....I wanted to apply with my Bsc degree wen I pass out of NYSC last month...but he keep adversing me not to try it.....my dear if u join army now with ur ssce believe me ,all ur training, screening n resuming of work will b in SAMBISA FOREST...

SAMBISA FOREST
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Kennedy767(m): 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
mainkendo:
How about the trade sector of the recruit. Pls can someone give an enlightenment on what it is all about.
Thanks
my bro u mean u don't read news?... OK lets assume u read news,those bombs bombs bombs & beheading beheading u c in the news paper/socia media about Boko haram.so u tink is Hollywood or Nollywood?....I tink is ur village people that is remoting u or u are just one of those mere ATTENTION SEEKER?...c let me tell u..u only live ONCE.....c there is this proverb in PIDGIN ENGLISH: NA SLEEP THEM THEY USE THEY TRY DEATH...my imidiete elder sister husband is a warrant officer in NIGERIA ARMY but now as I am commenting on this ur IGNORANT POST... he is in Maiduguri... we pray for him nite n day....b wise
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
Kennedy767:
come let me tell u....my Igbo in-law that joined the Army with ssce is in Maiduguri as am talking to u...he av applied for voluntary retirement 3x now... he later further his education I tink to ND degree or HND degree yet they did not promote him....I tink he is a warrant officer now...he is an Igbo guy of about 40yrs now....I wanted to apply with my Bsc degree wen I pass out of NYSC last month...but he keep adversing me not to try it.....my dear if that guy mistakenly join Nigeria army now with that ssce result ,believe me ,all ur training, screening n resuming of work will b in SAMBISA FOREST...

If you love the Army, being sent to Sambisa wouldn’t discourage you. There are lots of people who crave to be in such situation. There are people that I know who can’t live your everyday life. They find it too boring and melancholic. Send them to conflict regions and you see them come to life.

Sambisa is the place to be. If you love adventure and the military, you should pray they send you there. Your Igbo brother should focus and fight. He should not blink or get discouraged. That’s what military is all about.

I said the op was full of silly fantasies cos he wasn’t talking about being sent to conflict and troubled regions to show his guts, fury and patriotism rather he was thinking of being decorated with medals for doing nothing. He was already disrespecting the rank of WO. That’s a bad mentality and attitude to have.

My only concern with the likes of your brother is the lack of support, kits, welfare and motivation that I notice when I see badly equipped soldiers in the woods roasting snakes or eating bush meats and other stuffs.

Soldiers need to be motivated, equipped and the welfare taken care of before, during and post deployment to give their best.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by CloudResident(m): 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Tanx

So d promotion ain't regular ,nd certain?
is it d screening dat qualifies one for the main training ?

I wanted to get into the army then further my education nd get a better rank
Buh then u said no special consideration for those in the army already when they get a higher degree!

Promotion is regular and certain except in some cases of disciplinary actions or you do not pass the promotion or course you attended.

Yes. But amongst others, be prepared to run a distance of 4km under 12minutes,trying to withstand standing /sitting in the blazing sun for long hours.. must be medically fit eg hepatitis free, normal BP

It is possible, just keep your head high but you have the opportunity when you attain at least the rank of a corporal and you are under forty years of age.

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by okotv(m): 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:
I am 21
I have my ssce result
I would love to apply for the 77rri 2017/2018 army recruitment exercise

What should I expect during the screening/ exercise?
Am igbo,hope it won't affect?
What rank would I be given if I reg with my ssce?
Is it possible for me to attend a university while in the army?

If Its possible, when am done would I be offered promotion based on my new qualification?

If not what is the highest possible rank.I can achieve with throughtout if I apply with my ssce result?
Thanks

What is d salary structure like?
Hi, with a SSCE result, you can apply for the Nigerian Defence Academy... look for their thread in the education section and we would meet their
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by jacko007(m): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
PatrickOkunima:

Screening? Running, Medical Examination, Screening of Certificates, that may not be the order though.

Tribe does not affect, since each state has its own quota.

When you join with SSCE, you're a recruit. After POP, you'll become a Private.

In those days it was possible, if you're determined and are lucky to have a good boss. But you'll pass through a lot of challenges. Now, with the insurgency, Fulani herdsmen, and other internal security challenges, it has become even more difficult.

No promotion for additional qualifications acquired on the job, but after earning your degree or HND, you can go for DSSC. No special consideration will be given to you though.

With SSCE, its Army Warrant Officer (AWO). Only a few people attain such. The probability of you reaching that is very low. 4 or maybe 5 per intake.

My question to you is, are you ready to die for Nigeria? If No, please consider an alternative career. Do not join the military as a last resort or as a means to escape unemployment.

Al the best!

Wow, I wasn't opportune to see such post earlier enough.... where you a personal sir?
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
jacko007:

Wow, I wasn't opportune to see such post earlier enough.... were you a personal sir?
I served in the NN for 11 years before retiring voluntarily.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by jacko007(m): 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
PatrickOkunima:

Can we private chat please
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
PatrickOkunima:

: I saw reasons in what he posted
valid reasons
Thanks sir
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by jibs4lv(m): 12:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
tyup:

lol boko haram death is different bro....it's a type that seeing an example would make you forget what suicide means?

wait sef what ur sole purpose of joining army?
you keep discouraging him but devil is a lier, who know may be he's the future General .

Guy go on your dream bro and add prayers too , the sky is your starting point .never listening to all this discourages cowards o.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
smiley
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by cutedharmee: 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2017
Akalia:
wish I were in the army,i tried my hands when I was younger and still a fresh graduate way back but I didn't succeed. I have moved on to other promising endeavors. Please I advice you to have a rethink ; is joining the army with just ssce really what you want as a promising young man? Go get a degree first if you are passionate about the army. If your interest is just to escape unemployment then I suggest you try getting a menial job, there decent menial jobs one can get with just ssce. Joining the army with just ssce is not an ideal path to toe, it's for people who have no other choice in life.
Did u jus say joining wit ssce means one have no other choice in life? That ain't true bro
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
Akalia:
wish I were in the army,i tried my hands when I was younger and still a fresh graduate way back but I didn't succeed. I have moved on to other promising endeavors. Please I advice you to have a rethink ; is joining the army with just ssce really what you want as a promising young man? Go get a degree first if you are passionate about the army. If your interest is just to escape unemployment then I suggest you try getting a menial job, there decent menial jobs one can get with just ssce. Joining the army with just ssce is not an ideal path to toe, it's for people who have no other choice in life.
See what you are saying, so u disregard those foot soldiers down in Borno who are fighting in the midnight, come rain, come shine while u are fast asleep just to keep u and ur family safe. Your comment is heart breaking.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Akalia(m): 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
agongajoseph:
See what you are saying, so u disregard those foot soldiers down in Borno who are fighting in the midnight, come rain, come shine while u are fast asleep just to keep u and ur family safe. Your comment is heart breaking.
bro I didn't mean to hurt no one's feelings. Maybe my choice of words or syntax wasn't clear but I only wanted the OP to understand that he can become more in career life than just joining the service with ssce. He is just 21 and he strikes me as an ambitious and brilliant fellow; so I was only suggesting he gets a degree first or venture into some enterprise.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Akalia(m): 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
cutedharmee:

Did u jus say joining wit ssce means one have no other choice in life? That ain't true bro
sis I didn't mean to hurt no one's feelings. Maybe my choice of words or syntax wasn't clear but I only wanted the OP to understand that he can become more in career life than just joining the service with ssce. He is just 21 and he strikes me as an ambitious and brilliant fellow; so I was only suggesting he gets a degree first or venture into some enterprise.
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by tomtyte02(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

See person

na d bsc zoology weh I go soon tidy
abi d elect elect engr weh I just get Admission to study

So which Admission I deh find again na

You are even confused sef. Youre almost true with Bsc zoology and you still went to seek admission to study engineering? And now its the Nigerian army. My brother, your confusion is unequalled. This must stop this year.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
tomtyte02:

You are even confused sef. Youre almost true with Bsc zoology and you still went to seek admission to study engineering? And now its the Nigerian army. My brother, your confusion is unequalled. This must stop this year.

Since u have difficulties understanding

I am actually done with zoology
i have a c/o am yet to Resit

Buh I have been offered Admission to study engr
Do u get it now??

Nd y do u think my question contained "would I b given time to study, attend university ?"
?
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by mastermaestro(m): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
Kennedy767:
my bro u mean u don't read news?... OK lets assume u read news,those bombs bombs bombs & beheading beheading u c in the news paper/socia media about Boko haram.so u tink is Hollywood or Nollywood?....I tink is ur village people that is remoting u or u are just one of those mere ATTENTION SEEKER?...c let me tell u..u only live ONCE.....c there is this proverb in PIDGIN ENGLISH: NA SLEEP THEM THEY USE THEY TRY DEATH...my imidiete elder sister husband is a warrant officer in NIGERIA ARMY but now as I am commenting on this ur IGNORANT POST... he is in Maiduguri... we pray for him nite n day....b wise

Please don't be offended. Just permit me to laugh. grin grin

Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by tomtyte02(m): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emzyme:

Since u have difficulties understanding

I am actually done with zoology
i have a c/o am yet to tidy
Got Admission to study elect elect , d course I wanted

Then I saw d nigerian army
And thought oo well
U always loved d army
Y not apply
U could take time off to study , tidy d bsc nd mayb d b engr
If possible get a promotion
So u get now

I assume you have age on your side. Go for the 5-6years stress of becoming an engineer only. Its not impossible you get posted to Maiduguri before you finish your B.Eng. My 25cent
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
tomtyte02:

I assume you have age on your side. Go for the 5-6years stress of becoming an engineer only. Its not impossible you get posted to Maiduguri before you finish your B.Eng. My 25cent

Ok now.u understand
Am 21 now
would b 26 wit d B.Engr
Re: I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions by jovial22(m): 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
what if I join with my degree, what position will I be given?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? / Grooming Centre Online Aptitude Test / Free Job Test And Interview Questions + Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.