Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. (543 Views)

Petrol Scarcity Looms Again As NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sack Of Workers / Petrol Scarcity Lingers As NNPC, DPR Search For Solution / Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. by Innovart: 5:52am On Dec 31, 2017
I don't know what direction we heading anymore.....
Some people have made it their life ambition to sabotage this great country NIGERIA.
NEPA is on the top of that list..... When it comes to NEPA in Nigeria, it's nothing good to write home about.
1. You don't get electricity but you must pay your bills
2. You get bills of 7k in a flat, that is simply outrageous.... (where is the light?)
3. Complain to NEPA, they would say write application and we would look into it. (case close)
4. Okay please give us prepaid meters (we are yet to distribute it to your area) but sir you are not yet to distribute the bills BECAUSE WE GET IT EVERY MONTH WITHOUT DELAY.. And refusal to pay any month, you would send thugs in uniform to cut off the little supply of electricity we have left embarassed..... (so NEPA has enough resources to collect money, but not enough to install our meters..)
WHO ARE WE DECEIVING

It's easy to take money for the services they have not yet rendered than to actually perform the services that THEY (NEPA) HAVE BEEN APPOINTED FOR which would help elevate NIGERIANS from poverty.....!!!

We talking about production and economy reformation and we forget that without light, this is close to OR intact fact IMPOSSIBLE.......

Look at all the countries that transcended to first world from Third World, they ALL made sure electricity was always available to their people so as to foster their growth....

But NIGERIA case is the reverse.... REVERSE.... almost everything about us is in that order....
Our best minds are in other countries,
Our rich men invest in other countries,
Our best university is not affordable to people who actually want to get educated,
We let our old road turn to dust due to lack of repairs and start building new ones..... (who told you NIGERIA is not beautiful?)
A law that protects the rich and punishes the poor.
A system that denies you the right to fight a wrong.....
And to cap it all

A COUNTRY WHERE YOUR HEAD OF NEPA or DISCO, HAS A GENERATOR IN HIS/HER HOUSE AND OFFICE WHICH RUNS EVERYDAY......

(NEPA GUY TOLD ME THEY ALSO RUN GENERATOR DAILY.... I was speechless and I could not even complain anymore....)

1 Share

Re: If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. by udumosam23(m): 6:41am On Dec 31, 2017
I believe people are playing politics with power (NEPA). For instance, I've lived in Calabar, i know the light situation, but during this carnival period it's constant. How did it happen? If it can be like this this period, it can always be.

In Ebonyi, there is regular light at the headquarters and other smaller communities.
But in Afikpo a town next to Abakaliki in size and population no light.

The worst case is that when it is month end, they'll bring the light like twice, go round with ladder forcing people to pay bills. After that moment, the light is gone for another month end.

In my street particularly, we've contributed money about 3 times to fix transformer. I was beginning to think they're doing it on purpose to extort money from us. Even when a pole fell, it wasn't raised until we contributed money for NEPA to raise it. Yet we pay outragious bills.

Tell me if this is not Corruption.

At a time the community got angry and decided not to pay, until light situation improves. But the situation got worse and they were forced to pay all accrued debt before they're connected to grill again. It was Maria who helped out.

Now we haven't seen light for like 2 months, they're here again with bills. Tell me if this is not witchcraf
Re: If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. by lordkush: 6:54am On Dec 31, 2017
fashola before 2015 was beating his chest and saying he could resolve light issuee within 6 months. till now no steady light.

if bubu could go to London to treat ear infection. guy forget no hope
Re: If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. by DLondonboiy: 7:16am On Dec 31, 2017
Sai
Re: If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. by respect80(m): 7:18am On Dec 31, 2017
lordkush:
fashola before 2015 was beating his chest and saying he could resolve light issuee within 6 months. till now no steady light.

if bubu could go to London to treat ear infection. guy forget no hope

That is what we call lies from the pit of hell.
Fashola or whatever he's called is just fooling Nigerians and nothing more. I thought we were the only ones experiencing the situation where NEPA will bring light only at month endings just to collect bills

God will judge between the masses, Fashola and the Govt.

Fashola is a disappointment indeed
Re: If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 31, 2017
This is not a battle you fight on nairaland, it's something you deal with physically, your area should unite and pester them for your rights, drag them before the NERC, and fight until something is done, complaining here won't solve anything.
Re: If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. by Vivere: 9:05am On Dec 31, 2017
udumosam23:
I believe people are playing politics with power (NEPA). For instance, I've lived in Calabar, i know the light situation, but during this carnival period it's constant. How did it happen? If it can be like this this period, it can always be.

In Ebonyi, there is regular light at the headquarters and other smaller communities.
But in Afikpo a town next to Abakaliki in size and population no light.

The worst case is that when it is month end, they'll bring the light like twice, go round with ladder forcing people to pay bills. After that moment, the light is gone for another month end.

In my street particularly, we've contributed money about 3 times to fix transformer. I was beginning to think they're doing it on purpose to extort money from us. Even when a pole fell, it wasn't raised until we contributed money for NEPA to raise it. Yet we pay outragious bills.

Tell me if this is not Corruption.

At a time the community got angry and decided not to pay, until light situation improves. But the situation got worse and they were forced to pay all accrued debt before they're connected to grill again. It was Maria who helped out.

Now we haven't seen light for like 2 months, they're here again with bills. Tell me if this is not witchcraf

Calabar is in Cross-River state, next door to Akwa Ibom State, where the Ibom power plant in Ikot Abasi is located. It generates an average of 105 Megawatts daily, which is added to Nigeria's total power generation. The plant is powered by natural gas from the 200 MMcfpd Uquo Gas Processing Facility, owned by Seven Energy's subsidiary Accugas. Could this be responsible for the constant power being enjoyed by Calabar??
Re: If We Survive Petrol Scarcity, We Can Never Survive Nepa Extortion. by Innovart: 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
Do you know fuel sells more than rice, beans, cocoa, and many other food stuffs in Nigeria?
Do you know that generators consumption of fuel in Nigeria is the most in the world......
Can you even imagine The amount of generators out there on sale?
Can you imagine how many THOUSANDS of people have to import generator for The whole of Nigeria...
( I would guess only 10 to 20 importers if not less)

How many of this generator is MADE IN NIGERIA
How many homes use generator in Nigeria....
Imagine how we are forced by NEPA and NNPC to enrich other countries while we remain in poverty and darkness....

Imagine what would happen if the government put a ban on the sell, use, and importation of generators.....

Your answer is as good as mine......

BLANK......

I am simply saying that this generator issue is also part of our NEPA problem....
Even NEPA patronize them......

(1) (Reply)

Plots To Halt Probe Of Suspended NHIS Boss Thicken / Buhari Reappoints Amaechi Campaign DG Against 2019 / Buhari Will Contest For Presidency In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.