Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? (935 Views)

Why Most Christians Don't Have The Capacity To Perform Miracles / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 8:01am On Dec 31, 2017
I have encountered series of religious news in relation to christianity.
In my life as a christian, I discovered that men respect their clergy men more than God.
A man will feel somehow to kneel when praying in the church but will quickly kneel before the pastor for his prayer.
They will always try as much as possible to build up enough theory which will defend the pastor's decisions; not minding what's written in the Bible..
Make themselves to please the pastors but still remain unclean to God.
And so on...
Is it not wrong for my pastor to gain his own respect and even the one meant for God?
Why are those so called 'men of God' not not admitting they are just servants in the house of God?
*Just My View Sha*
Lalasticlala.

Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by stainlink(m): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2017
angry
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by hopefulLandlord: 8:06am On Dec 31, 2017
shocked
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by mighty2: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2017
you are totally wrong.how can somebody respect clergy more than God.my question to op,who created the clergies.if your answer is God then we didn't shows respect to clergies more Than God.In My Own View, Pastor Are Also A Man Like Me, Why Would I Respect Him More Than My Creator.there are some human nowaday that show more respect to pastors/alfas,that is there own problem
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by judedwriter(m): 8:11am On Dec 31, 2017
Its wrong. Pastors are just human beings supernaturally gifted by God to do ministry. I'm not saying pastors shouldn't be honoured, they should, but not over excessively which some people do.
In acts chapter 10, the apostle Peter was worshipped by cornelius the centurion when he first saw him. Peter went down to the prostrate roman, picked him up saying:"i too am also a man."
Some people worship their pastors because of the anointing or spiritual power they possess. The power of God is not entitled only to pastors, any bonafide child of God can exercise the anointing and heal the sick, raise the dead, etc. By exercising faith.
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 31, 2017
It Marvels me too
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by Sturmbannfuhrer: 8:20am On Dec 31, 2017
Anybody that's read the old testament knows the kind of power (even superhuman abilities) that comes with being a mouthpiece of God. It is the same regard that is accorded to pastors.

Add that to their masterful use of sophistry, staged miracles, oration to hold the minds of people; they've manipulated the control exerted over their followers so much that hardly would anyone question them.
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by udemejack(m): 8:29am On Dec 31, 2017
the female folks are more guilty of this. Quote me anywere
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by uboma(m): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2017
They are simply the gullible ones.

These same gullible fellows address their Pastors as Daddy/Mummy....
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 8:52am On Dec 31, 2017
mighty2:
you are totally wrong.how can somebody respect clergy more than God.my question to op,who created the clergies.if your answer is God then we didn't shows respect to clergies more Than God.In My Own View, Pastor Are Also A Man Like Me, Why Would I Respect Him More Than My Creator.there are some human nowaday that show more respect to pastors/alfas,that is there own problem

I am totally wrong?
Are you trying to say that my claims are not real?
That it's every christian that respects God more than his pastor?
That there are no eye service christians?
That most church members don't build theories to defend the wrong moves of their pastors?
Look, out of a thousand christian, those who worship God re less than 1%.
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by ysyowel(m): 8:59am On Dec 31, 2017
God place some people in high positions as his representatives, Judges, kings, Leaders, Security men, Doctors etc this people are giving authority over those God put under them.... Pastors a leaders and they deserve to be respected,l.
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by enilove(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2017
AuthoritySpeaks:

I am totally wrong?
Are you trying to say that my claims are not real?
That it's every christian that respects God more than his pastor?
That there are no eye service christians?
That most church members don't build theories to defend the wrong moves of their pastors?
Look, out of a thousand christian, those who worship God re less than 1%.

Are you an angel? Who gave you the analysis that made you to conclude that the percentage of those who worship God is 1℅?

If the members don't respect their pastors and at times fight breaks out, it is your type that will be first to come to nairaland to open a thread and say" confusion and wars in the house of God, members don't respect their pastors again......"

Why don't you just face your life , salvation is an individual thing, carry your own cross and follow Jesus , let the others follow their pastors , if they like.

We should stop working for the devil , ignorantly ,by posting things that brings down the churches of God gradually like that of Turkey.
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 31, 2017
ysyowel:
God place some people in high positions as his representatives, Judges, kings, Leaders, Security men, Doctors etc this people are giving authority over those God put under them.... Pastors a leaders and they deserve to be respected,l.
I have seen criminals who have occupied some of these positions you mentioned in your post and they are still there. The worst thing is that they have not changed from their criminal ways. Are you telling me that god chose and put them there?
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 10:32am On Dec 31, 2017
We should stop working for the devil , ignorantly ,by posting things that brings down the churches of God gradually like that of Turkey.[/quote]
No.. You re getting it all wrong.
When I said 1%, it was just a way to tell you that the true christians by heart are very few.
Secondly, I am not ignorantly working for the devil. A godly pastor won't permit some of the things we see in churches today; which is to say that some of the pastors are actually devil's instrument.
Thirdly, I never made mention that it's wrong to respect a man of God. Just take a look at that picture in my post to understand what am trying to speak against.
Lastly, you say salvation is a personal thing and we should mind our cross. But I tell you that, if you feel a wrong and refuse to speak it out, simply because you are minding your business, the guilt of that wrong will remain with and on you.
People like that will still speak against Catholic Church.
I only aired my observation.
Take it or leave it.
Thanks for contributing.
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by ysyowel(m): 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
yemi1261:
I have seen criminals who have occupied some of these positions you mentioned in your post and they are still there. The worst thing is that they have not changed from their criminal ways. Are you telling me that god chose and put them there?
whether a leader is good or not he deserve some respect, are telling me Baba no deserve respect?
Re: Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
AuthoritySpeaks:
I have encountered series of religious news in relation to christianity.
In my life as a christian, I discovered that men respect their clergy men more than God.
A man will feel somehow to kneel when praying in the church but will quickly kneel before the pastor for his prayer.
They will always try as much as possible to build up enough theory which will defend the pastor's decisions; not minding what's written in the Bible..
Make themselves to please the pastors but still remain unclean to God.
And so on...
Is it not wrong for my pastor to gain his own respect and even the one meant for God?
Why are those so called 'men of God' not not admitting they are just servants in the house of God?
*Just My View Sha*
Lalasticlala.
They don't fear pastors but respect the oil on them. If a pastor lacks anointing nothing would make people near such a person. Although many may over do it but they have ulterior motive behind it. Those men in those pictures knows what they are doing because they know the outcome of it. The Bible made it clear that we should honour God's prophet in 1 Th 5:12-14, Matthew 10:41,2 chr 20:20. These scriptures validate respect for God's servants.

(1) (Reply)

Student Wins Right To Talk About Jesus And The Bible In Graduation Speech / Did A Particular Carpenter Son Die For Your Sins? / Why Quran Reject Jesus Crucifixion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.