Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,718 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo (11975 Views)

Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Your Failure Is Personal, Not A Generation Problem – Tinubu Replies Jonathan / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Alxmyr(m): 4:50am On Apr 07, 2010
The Presiding Bishop, Living Faith World Outreach Ministries, Dr. David Oyedepo, has said his visit to ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua on Monday is a personal issue that is not meant for public consumption.

Oyedepo, who spoke at the thanksgiving service for the 54th birthday anniversary of Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, in Abeokuta on Tuesday, denied giving details of the visit, insisting that it was a personal one.

Unlike the Islamic clerics, who visited the President last week and confirmed shaking hands with Yar’Adua twice, Oyedepo declined to confirm to newsmen whether the four-man Christian delegation saw the President.

Asked whether the team, reportedly led by the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Archbishop John Onaiyekan, saw Yar’Adua, Oyedepo said, “Yes, it is true (visit). The visit was personal, but I don’t owe any public explanation on the visit.”

Delivering a sermon during the birthday thanksgiving ceremony, the renowned cleric submitted that Nigeria lacked men of integrity in all spheres of human endeavour.

Oyedepo added that many men and women were occupying leadership positions in the country which they were not qualified for, pointing out that until Nigerians began to improve on their values, they were not likely to get desired results.

The bishop said, “Our foundation as a nation and people needs to be re-examined. Men and women of integrity are lacking in Nigeria. Nigeria is integrity sick at all levels, from the family to governmental levels.”

He posited that the nation’s founding fathers were men of integrity, who had great intelligence without high sounding education qualifications, saying that education qualifications had ironically enhanced corruption in Nigeria.

“Our forefathers were not ruffians; they are men of integrity. In most cases, qualifications enhance corruption. Our forefathers were men of character and integrity. They were very intelligent, that was why they could maintain their territorial integrity,” the cleric said.

Oyedepo noted that Nigeria had unlimited potential, wondering why at 50, the nation was still not among the developed nations in the world.

He said, “Nigeria has lost virtues and credit which must be recovered. Nigeria has unlimited potential. Why are we still crawling while we are supposed to be flying? Our problem in this country is largely based on our inability to test or prove who our leaders should be. We operate a leadership system without a formula.”

Dignitaries at the occasion included the Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro; Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Zambia, Chief Folake Marcus-Bello; National Coordinator, Oodua Peoples Congress, Chief Gani Adams; former Military Governor of Lagos State, Brig.-Gen. Raji Rasaki; and former Sole Administrator, Ekiti State, Maj-Gen. Tunji Olurin.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201004074562735
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 4:56am On Apr 07, 2010
Why didnt he just keep quiet on the "visit"? another disgraceful man of the cloth. What would Jesus Do? I doubt He would be aiding Herod to perpetuate a fraud.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by princekevo(m): 5:15am On Apr 07, 2010
The Presiding Bishop, Living Faith World Outreach Ministries, Dr. David Oyedepo, has said his visit to ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua on Monday is a personal issue that is not meant for public consumption.

Unlike the Islamic clerics, who visited the President last week and confirmed shaking hands with Yar’Adua twice, Oyedepo declined to confirm to newsmen whether the four-man Christian delegation saw the President.

Some so called men of God are really a disgrace to Nigeria. How can a man God who supposed to be the last source of the truth decide to conceal such an important information which is benefitial to an average Nigerian at the moment, including his church members. If he wanted to make the meeting person why going to the media in the first. We said the Imam lied abt what they saw, but i think they are better than the so called men of devil who chose not reveal the true situation of what the saw. They will never take Tunde Bakare to such journey.

The bishop said, “Our foundation as a nation and people needs to be re-examined. Men and women of integrity are lacking in Nigeria. Nigeria is integrity sick at all levels, from the family to governmental levels.”

Please pastor start by examining yourself, coz people like u are the reason why the Nation lack men and women of integrity. Chosing not to speak out the truth makes you a disgrace to the nation and to the christiandom, which you are called to defend. The bible said it, " If the foundation be distroyed what can the righteouse do?" When you conceal such an important information fem the people who look up to you for the truth, how do expect then to live a life of integrity.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 07, 2010
Integrity deficit demonstrated by the very David Oyedepo himself.

He should have gone into hiding in other not to comment at all than coming out in public to feel a little more important than he actually is.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by mbulela: 5:46am On Apr 07, 2010
i planned not to comment on this section of the forum again but i could not help myself on this topic.

I think i have finally given up on the state of the church in Nigeria.
church members can pack up and go home.
Deceit and lack of leadership has anchored in the Nigerian church.
What the heck is this guy doing in OGD's birthday?
What exactly is happening in the church?
Have we lost our senses?
What part of NO can't these men utter to the powers that be,if truly they stand as oracles of the God of all power and potential?

To the issue of Yar Adua, i am too lazy and too uninterested to type another word to Oyedepo, i will just repeat the comments i directed at Nuhu Kure on another site.
This will suffice for Oyedepo.

[b]if i was to name three pentecostal preachers who are men of integrity, Nuhu Kure will be on the list. Irrespective of that, i refuse to be cowed either by the desperate act of the barbarians or the comments of Kure. Why did he not refuse the invitation if he knew that he was unable or uninterested to get involved in politics? Was he coerced or threatened to attend the meeting? Could he not pray for the man from his house? Why give credence to rascality and lawlessness? What does he hope to achieve by his half hearted comments? Why did he not start by praying for Turai and asking her to commit to a relationship with his lord and saviour and desist from her evil ways? Kure should remember his master's word on being neither hot or cold. Not a thousand Kures can legalize rascality and lawlessness. Nuru Kure needs to take a chill pill and ask for forgiveness from God for this wrong turn. We the people are too uninterested to even bother at these tales. However, the coming inferno continues its gradual surge unrelentlessly.[/b]

These men should be ashamed of themselves.
This is not an invitation to bash the Christian faith but the Nigerian church deserves all the bashings it can get.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by mbulela: 5:46am On Apr 07, 2010
Lagos Pastor and leader of the pro-democracy Save Nigeria Group, Tunde Bakare, has criticised the recent visits of Muslim and Christian clerics to President Umaru Yar’Adua as “the theatre of the absurd.”

Mr. Bakare, who spoke in Lagos on Tuesday, on the heels of Monday’s visit of Christian leaders to Mr. Yar’Adua, said: “It doesn’t matter the number of clerics and ‘babalawo’ taken there. The simple truth is there is something to hide. You know those who operate in the light cannot be afraid to come out.”

He said it is not a crime to be sick, but that Nigerians deserve to know the state of health of their president.

“My good wishes and prayers to the president, if he is truly recovering,” he said. “If they are playing a dangerous political game with his health situation, then nobody should give support to the foolishness that is going on.”

Citing the example of Fidel Castrol of Cuba, the clergyman said powerful world leaders had also found themselves in such situation before, but have been open about it. He said the cohorts taking care of the president should be asked: “what is wrong with allowing the acting president to see him at the Aso Villa?

“I think you journalists should do a serious investigative journalism on this. To be honest with you, I think everything is just becoming the theatre of the absurd; that is all that I could say.”

Last Thursday, some Islamic leaders have visited the ailing president. On Monday, it was the turn of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), whose leadership claimed they sighted and prayed with Mr. Yar’Adua.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by princekevo(m): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2010
Lagos Pastor and leader of the pro-democracy Save Nigeria Group, Tunde Bakare, has criticised the recent visits of Muslim and Christian clerics to President Umaru Yar’Adua as “the theatre of the absurd.”

Mr. Bakare, who spoke in Lagos on Tuesday, on the heels of Monday’s visit of Christian leaders to Mr. Yar’Adua, said: “It doesn’t matter the number of clerics and ‘babalawo’ taken there. The simple truth is there is something to hide. You know those who operate in the light cannot be afraid to come out.”

God Bless you Tunde. You really made my day. Am happy to know that there are still some pastors out there in Nigeria who can speak out the truth even when it hurts. I already said it that they will never take people like to see the half dead president as you will expose all their backside.

Yaradua and her Jezeebel should present themselves to the public, we dont care who they invited to see him in secret, to me he is a dead man until they prove otherwise. Bunches of devils in suits.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by rickie4us(m): 6:30am On Apr 07, 2010
another drama of shame ,
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 07, 2010
Just like he owes no one an explanation for buying a private Jet, Convoy of expensive Cars, and making his Church membersdonate their savings to start a University Their children cant afford to attend. Well, "God Has Belssed Him, and People who want to know why he went to the Villa Are just Jealous."
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by okeymadu(m): 7:38am On Apr 07, 2010
While people were been killed in Jos , no top pastor visited them to console those that lost dear ones,
because they wont make money from such trips,
But an invitation to Aso Rock will make these so called big men of God to lose their common sense.
I am begining to feel that these religious thing is being manipulated to favour the "men of God" to the detriment of ordinary guys without a pastoral "calling"
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by chosen04(f): 7:56am On Apr 07, 2010
Jesus Wept, Just pray Oyedepo doesnot cry!!!
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by stormm: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2010
Dignitaries at the occasion included the Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro; Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Zambia, Chief Folake Marcus-Bello; National Coordinator, Oodua Peoples Congress, Chief Gani Adams; former Military Governor of Lagos State, Brig.-Gen. Raji Rasaki; and former Sole Administrator, Ekiti State, Maj-Gen. Tunji Olurin.

Dignitaries? I wonder. A gathering of idiots
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry

marginalization of the atheists

oya bawo - time to visit DOA cheesy cheesy
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Dominoifet(m): 8:35am On Apr 07, 2010
So that man will buy yet another jet?!!! He don hammer

I wish I'm a pastor

Licks and chops. Prosperity play

Serioiusly now.
By their fruits u shall know them, wolves in sheep clothing. Jesus has said all this things we don't listen. They will come in my name deceiving many, but they r not of me. And I will tell them depart from me ye workers of iniquity.

Charismatic Charlatans
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 07, 2010
okeymadu:

While people were been killed in Jos , no top pastor visited them to console those that lost dear ones,
because they wont make money from such trips,
But an invitation to Aso Rock will make these so called big men of God to lose their common sense.
I am begining to feel that these religious thing is being manipulated to favour the "men of God" to the detriment of ordinary guys without a pastoral "calling"
exactly as i thought!!
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by chiozor: 9:30am On Apr 07, 2010
honestly speechless!!!!!!!
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by ReachRich(m): 9:33am On Apr 07, 2010
No comments.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by presido1: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2010
Do not judge "Man of God" grin grin

Touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm grin grin grin grin
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Mbeki: 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2010
I always suspect that man for no reason. Now he's showing his true color as a man devoid of integrity.

Where are his Winners and Restoration 2010 members. Those fools and goons will soon come up to defend his actions.

Can someone advice this M-O-Gs (Men of God) to stop disgracing Jesus name?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by jaso1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2010
@ all,
The problem facing Nigerians today gain support of so call men of god. we all aware the level of poverty in our soil, this has bitten so deep to the extent that people seek God intervention forgotten that Nigeria prob. require physical Battle not spiritual. the perpetrators are the strong member of the church whom you celebrates. they are your enemy but what do you get? you have them sitting in a special place in the church been celebrated. If you fail to face the challenge now you will continue answering fools at the expense of your sweat. For a pastor who claim to be intermediary btwn you and God just an ordinary spouse call them and order them to not say what they met or saw and the were bold to succumb and still come to the populace and altered it loudly that their invitation was not for our consumption i guess you are all sleeping. your God in in your mind and stop patronising this enterprises.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nigerd(m): 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-426290.0.html

this is why i will not agree with some people about moderators and their powers,

Aisha2 u shouldn't ve locked the above thread,

this is one of the reasons people talk and it is assume to be against MODE.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by marvix(m): 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2010
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] WHAT TYPE OF COUNTRY IS THIS, WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO WE HAVE ON THIS FORUM, WHAT PART OF OYEDEPOS SPEECH DID WE NOT UNDERSTAND, HE DIDNT GO TO THE PRESS, THE PRESS CAME TO HIM TO CONFIRM IF HE HAD GONE TO SEE THE PRESIDENT NAD HE SAID THE TRUTH THAT HE INDEED SAW THE PRESIDENT AND THIS MEETING WAS A PERSONAL MEETING AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PRESS, WHERE DO WE NOW GET THE INSINUATION THAT TURAI ASKED HIM NOT TO SAY WHAT HE SAW.

I will give a short story it is about myself and a close friend who is very sick.
I went to his house yesterday and he was on drugs that made him weak and dizzy so his sisters entertained me but didnt wake him up and I also pleaded that he should not be disturbed for my sake i watched the football match in his house and left late, but if I were a pastor who was invited to pray for him they would have to bring him out not because the pastor cant pray without seeing him but courtesy demands that and belief that the man of God represents God, and should the man of God now go out and start describing how sick my friend is?

People pls give the president a break you cant love him more than his family members, you cant love him more than his children and ultimately cant love himmore than his wife of over 30yrs, It is a rare priviledge to bcom President and the man should be allowed to fight for his aspirations, he is president, he is sick, he believes he will get better and be able to return to his office. May i also state that my friend works in a bank and his prayer is that when he gets well after some months his job should wait for himand he has been out for abt 6 weeks now.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by deb(m): 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2010
Integrity deficit demonstrated by the very David Oyedepo himself.

He should have gone into hiding in other not to comment at all than coming out in public to feel a little more important than he actually is.

Just because somebody visited the president then he should not walk the street a free man?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by luchy: 1:23pm On Apr 07, 2010
let us learn to bridle our tongue.  Somebody said Bishop Oyedepo is a disgrace to christiandom cos he didn't reveal the outcome of their visit to the president. He did the right thing. Please mind how you throw stones on ministers so that you don't get the wrath of God. He is only a minister, he is not a politician.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by debosky(m): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2010
deb:

Just because somebody visited the president then he should not walk the street a free man?

Can you imagine? So as a 'Pastor' he has no ability to decide what is private and what is public to him?  

davidylan:

Why didnt he just keep quiet on the "visit"? another disgraceful man of the cloth. What would Jesus Do? I doubt He would be aiding Herod to perpetuate a fraud.

What are you on about David? How is he helping anyone perpetrate fraud? He said he visited Yar'adua and refused to say more - what have the comments made by the others who allegedly visited him done?

You guys and emotional responses - he has done NOTHING wrong by refusing to divulge matters he regards as personal. He is not a government official, neither is he answerable to anyone if he paid Yar'adua a visit in a personal capacity.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2010
Na wa oh
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nigerd(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2010
debosky:

Can you imagine? So as a 'Pastor' he has no ability to decide what is private and what is public to him?  

What are you on about David? How is he helping anyone perpetrate fraud? He said he visited Yar'adua and refused to say more - what have the comments made by the others who allegedly visited him done?

You guys and emotional responses - he has done NOTHING wrong by refusing to divulge matters he regards as personal. He is not a government official, neither is he answerable to anyone if he paid Yar'adua a visit in a personal capacity.

As a Public/Religious Figure, there is nothing personal what so ever he do or does has an eagle eye who is watching.

and if he has to visit the ailing presido. it must not be at the instance to balance religious equation.

He has no personal life.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
Niger_d:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-426290.0.html

this is why i will not agree with some people about moderators and their powers,

Aisha2 u shouldn't ve locked the above thread,

this is one of the reasons people talk and it is assume to be against MODE.
You need to read the rules of the forum, you cannot have two topics on the same issue. This is the same topic, I did not make the rules, I just enforce them.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Mbeki: 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2010
luchy:

let us learn to bridle our tongue.  Somebody said Bishop Oyedepo is a disgrace to christiandom cos he didn't reveal the outcome of their visit to the president. He did the right thing. Please mind how you throw stones on ministers so that you don't get the wrath of God. He is only a minister, he is not a politician.  

THERE THEY GO, FOOLS. did Jesus participate in politics on earth. Very soon, they'll convince Oyedepo to contest for President.

Christians that leaves Jesus to follow their pastors!
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by sesman(m): 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2010
I wish Yardua speedy recovery, it is not a crime to be sick and also we have a new acting president, who has taken over running the country.

I think we all should concentrate and support the new adminstration. we all have to remember that nothing stays hidden forever sooner or later we will all know the truth about Yardua's illness, be paitient my fellow NIgerians.  smiley
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by hexcraft(m): 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2010
Marvix, Please ready your Bible very well and if you don't have, you can get one at www.uccb.org.
Meanwhile, you are like one of those that have allowed the doctrines of self praise of these our so-called men of God to soak your brain.
Jesus Christ Heal, Dine and Prayed for the Sick. Was it done in secrecy? Our president is an ordinary human being that can fall sick and recover. Why should it be hidden from people. meanwhile, he is presently Nigerian's property.
The Scripture is very clear and understandable, so, stop deluding your self.
Given the number of religious "Men of God in this country", yet we are still among the poorest of nations. Also Don't forget that Jesus never owned cattles and sheep in his days (for we were his flocks) but that is the contrary to what we have today. and yet then, the men of God of those days could still preach and heal the sick.

We should call a spade a spade, and stop deceiving ourselves in this Country. I thank God, that in-as-much as we have those killing the country, alot are also doing good work to balance it out.

Never you look at the content of a man, but at the qualities and virtues of the MAN.

Our President is a very Good man, from the little I know, People should stop compounding his problem. He might be willing to come out, the frustration from those around him is highly weighing him down. They should allow this man to have his remaining days in bliss (if he has any left.)

May God grant him quick recovery (If he is alive)  - Amen.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2010
Mbeki:

THERE THEY GO, FOOLS. did Jesus participate in politics on earth. Very soon, they'll convince Oyedepo to contest for President.

Christians that leaves Jesus to follow their pastors!

Was that necessary?

If the man refuse to reveal his meeting with him, he has the right to anonymity though, doesn't he?
sesman:

I wish Yardua speedy recovery, it is not a crime to be sick and also we have a new acting president, who has taken over running the country.

I think we all should concentrate and support the new adminstration. we all have to remember that nothing stays hidden forever sooner or later we will all know the truth about Yardua's illness, be paitient my fellow NIgerians.  smiley

Well said, Nigeria has already moved on, but some people refused to move on and hang on to Yaradua being sick and this and that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mimiko Denies Rumours Of Moving To PDP / Shameful Photos Inside The Forest Of Italy Lies sexworkers Who Are Nigerians / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.