Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents (11731 Views)

$2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria / Gbajabiamila's "Anointed" Emerges Candidate For Surulere Reps Bye-Election (Pics / Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Gjrich(m): 12:35pm On Mar 17
Governor, Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two Power Substations For Surulere Residents.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, yesterday, commissioned two 29MVA injection power substations in Surulere, Lagos.
The projects were facilitated by the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila.

Speaking at the ceremony, Gbajabiamila said that efforts that lead to the commissioning of the two substations is a significant milestone in the collective journey towards ensuring a reliable and sustainable power supply for the people and the nation.

Represented by Senator Wasiu Eshinlokun, he said: “I am happy, and particularly, enthusiastic about the expected improvement of the power supply this project would bring to my people in Surulere. When I briefed Mr. President about today’s event, he was pleased about this public–private sector partnership between the Federal Government and Eko Distribution company. We owe this dividend of democracy to Mr. President.

“As the Chief of Staff to the President, I am honoured to witness the culmination of a vision nurtured through collaboration, dedication, and unwavering commitment. The Tinubu administration has shown its dedication to solving the power supply challenges of Nigeria from the get-go with the signing of the 2023 Electricity Act just days into taking over the reins of power of our country.

“ Stakeholders and professionals have been engaged to achieve our dream of attaining a 24/7, uninterrupted power supply in our nation. Today’s commissioning is a testament to the power of partnership and the tireless efforts of all stakeholders involved.

“Our collaboration with Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC), alongside other stakeholders, has been pivotal in bringing this project to fruition. We have demonstrated what can be achieved when public and private entities join forces with a shared purpose. As earlier mentioned, one of the two units of the 20MVA Injection substation was facilitated during my tenure as Speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives to restate further our commitment to the improvement of electricity supply in our community.

“I commend the automobile technicians of Randle Mechanic Village for their understanding and cooperation in allowing us to put this facility in a section of their workshop.

“The Randle Injection Substation’s significance extends far beyond its physical presence. It represents progress, empowerment, and the promise of a brighter future for the residents of Surulere and beyond. With enhanced capacity and reliability, this substation will alleviate the burden of power shortages and catalyze socio-economic development in the constituency.”

Gbajabiamila maintained that access to reliable electricity is not a privilege; it is a fundamental right that drives productivity, fosters innovation, and improves the quality of life for all citizens.

“ I like that the mantra of Eko Disco resonates with that.While we celebrate this achievement today, let us reaffirm our collective resolve to build upon this success and continue to invest in projects that empower our people and propel our nation forward.”

Speaking at the event, Sanwo-Olu commended Gbajabiamila for facilitating the projects, noting it will positively impact the residents.

Represented by the Commissioner for Energy and Natural Resources, Mr. Gbenga Ogunleye, Sanwo-Olu said the state government is creating the environment and working towards ensuring that in less than two years sections of Lagos will bid farewell to darkness in all facet.

The governor implored residents of Surulere not to do anything that will make the DisCosto think twice when the government calls them for partnership. He enjoined them to pay their bills and not beat up DisCos staff or by pass metres thereby making their business unprofitable.

https://guardian.ng/features/greaterlagos/sanwo-olu-commissions-two-power-substations-for-surulere-residents/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by money121(m): 12:38pm On Mar 17
Eko for Show

10 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Nonybb: 12:41pm On Mar 17
What he knows is how to focus on Yoruba dominated area and built projects and commission it. This man is more Tribalistic than Tinubu

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by CodeTemplar: 1:17pm On Mar 17
How much did it.cost please?

They have learnt how to hide that very sensitive and loot exposing part. Lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Melagros(m): 2:11pm On Mar 17
COMRADES, the baby governor has tried for Surulere people grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by slaawomirr: 3:25pm On Mar 17
Damnnn niggar

Nonybb:
What he knows is how to focus on Yoruba dominated area and built projects and commission it. This man is more Tribalistic than Tinubu

Bro we are all wicked, tribalistic, hypocrites and fake being in Nigeria
Reason tinubu was able to get votes
A friend of mine in South Africa once said if tinubu gets more than ten thousand votes in the election knowing fully well that he brought upon Nigeria Buhari administration and he was part of it then we Nigeria masses are fake, wicked and tribalistic

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by JohnnA1: 3:25pm On Mar 17
Good one

God bless Lagos.

God continue to bless YORUBALAND!

RestructureNigeria#

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by harsysky(m): 3:26pm On Mar 17

I hate looters with passion and they must all die but imagine all looters develop their places like this, everywhere for don develop finish. Idiots!

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by HeadNigga: 3:26pm On Mar 17
Sanwo is working. I respect him. I mean, you can accuse him of doing what other politicians do - looting - but he is delivering dividends of democracy. This is what happens when the people show you they aren't that cool with you during reelection. He has to perform else his party will become opposition by 2031.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Morbeta11(m): 3:26pm On Mar 17
Hallelujah.......season of power generation.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by GRACEGLORY: 3:27pm On Mar 17
Lagos is the most advanced and civilized state in Nigeria when compared to the other states (maybe with the exception of Abuja).

This is the reason for Lagos's high rate of immigration, overcrowding, traffic congestion, inflated costs, rising investment, vibrant culture, and positive way of life.

No wonder, critically renowned author Teju Cole, described Lagos as the capital of Africa, just as New York is the capital of the globe.

We sell BARELY USED TVs with minor handling. “Excellent choice for those who want to be assured of the brands’ manufacturers quality.” 100% guarantee of authenticity

https://www.nairaland.com/4403197/barely-used-smart-web-2.0/201

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Biodun556(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17
I
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by ppogba: 3:30pm On Mar 17
Nonybb:

Even if it is at Alaba, you would still have complained that it favors Hausas more than your people though we know the population therein.

Bottom line, your wailing can never end.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by muykem: 3:30pm On Mar 17
Nonybb:
That's his consistency project as a speaker. Do you want him to bring his consistency project to Abia state?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Tochitee(m): 3:32pm On Mar 17
kk
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Tochitee(m): 3:32pm On Mar 17
Nonybb:
what is stoping pandora from doing the same??

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by bestman09(m): 3:32pm On Mar 17
cool
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by HBB1(m): 3:33pm On Mar 17
HeadNigga:
Sanwo is working. I respect him. I mean, you can accuse him of doing what other politicians do - looting - but he is delivering dividends of democracy. This is what happens when the people show you they aren't that cool with you during reelection. He has to perform else his party will become opposition by 2031.

Are you the one who wants to defeat him or his party?

Come remove am naw!
undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Max24: 3:33pm On Mar 17
24/7 power loading for Surulere and environs. Tinubu and his proteges are not noise makers like Obi and Otti. Empty drums make the loudest noise. That's why Tinubu never shared his strategies during the campaigns otherwise Obi and Otti would have copied it but now they are just the normal road construction type of governance Nigerian govs are known for. They don't have strategy for development.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by HeadNigga: 3:36pm On Mar 17
HBB1:

Are you the one who wants to defeat him or his party?

Come remove am naw!
undecided
hmmm...with people like you, politicians don't have to lift a finger once in office. So performance means nothing to you? I dropped my comment for neutral Nigerians not someone paid to kill his sense of reasoning and stay partisan
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by epainos: 3:38pm On Mar 17
Nonybb:
Every senator/ house rep is awarded money for their community development. And dem dey embezzle am. Dem dey even pad the budget to inflate what they need. Gbaja, the present chief of staff was the former speaker of the house rep. His constituency is Surulere. Last two months, he invited dignitaries to commission different renovations there. I live close to the area and it is true. He renovated private homes too. He is the one who gave them this transformer too.

Oga, blame your constituency senator and rep. They are the ones you should fight. If they do their jobs, Sanwo Olu will be there to commission it.

Always find out well before making tribal comments.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by ppogba: 3:39pm On Mar 17
Melagros:
COMRADES, the baby governor has tried for Surulere people grin

The baby Governor of the state that is the London of your fore ancestors who your own father will be willing and happy to be his shoe shiner.

17 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Gboyeee: 3:43pm On Mar 17
Nonybb:

You need to know who is representing your consistency in House of Rep and Senate. Gbaja as former house of rep is delivering his own consistency project.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by HBB1(m): 3:43pm On Mar 17
HeadNigga:
hmmm...with people like you, politicians don't have to lift a finger once in office. So performance means nothing to you? I dropped my comment for neutral Nigerians not someone paid to kill his sense of reasoning and stay partisan

Alaye park well!

Lagosians voted Sanwo-Olu and the APC Governors before him.

Leave Lagos and its business alone.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Itisallright: 3:44pm On Mar 17
Gbajabiamila really channel his energy to surulere people, if all this representatives are doing this to their constituency, we will at least have hope by now...

13 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by Omoapena(m): 3:46pm On Mar 17
Nonybb:

Your train of thought is disgusting

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by liasmiram2567: 3:46pm On Mar 17
epainos:

Every senator/ house rep is awarded money for their community development. And dem dey embezzle am. Dem dey even pad the budget to inflate what they need. Gbaja, the present chief of staff was the former speaker of the house rep. His constituency is Surulere. Last two months, he invited dignitaries to commission different renovations there. I live close to the area and it is true. He renovated private homes too. He is the one who gave them this transformer too.

Oga, go and blame your constituency senator and rep. They are the ones you should fight. If they do their jobs, Sanwo Olu will be there to commission it.

Always find out well before making tribal comments.

Correct. The project is wholly a Gbajabiamla and to a extent Desmond initiative.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by HeadNigga: 3:50pm On Mar 17
HBB1:

Alaye park well!

Lagosians voted Sanwo-Olu and the APC Governors before him.

Leave Lagos and its business alone.
I should leave business and it's business alone? Who should I leave it to? I see where you are headed.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17
Nonybb:

He should have taken it ojo, Amuwo odofin,alimosho and Ajegunle right, rather than calling your politician that represent your area to your needs

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents by profmallor: 3:56pm On Mar 17
Hold your leaders to be accountable and dont focus solely on Yorubas.

Nonybb:

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief / Akinwumi Adesina: We’ll Support Tinubu, Afdb To Open New Bank In Nigeria / FIJ's Daniel Ojukwu Has A Case To Answer, To Be Arraigned In Court - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.