Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria (23263 Views)

Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by 1freshdude: 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2018
Get involved when you see a fellow Nigerian been maltreated, whether by the police, government officials, foreigners or a bigman. Thats the only to restore respect for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2018
The same Phillipines that has a serious drug war? smiley ... Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by collwriters: 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2018
That is the problem with Nigerians, we always take Poo from other countries and do nothing about it. Our leaders are the ones to blame for all these. If they were serious about their affairs with other nations and Immigrants/foreigners/expatriates are punished for their crimes like other countries do, this stuff would never happen. Any citizen from one unknown country can just come and do whatever he/she likes in Nigeria and get away with it. It's a shame. Even if it's a known country, who cares. Who the hell are they. They are a bunch of nobodies where they come from. They only come here and spread their stinking wings and wen cower in foolishness. This shouldn't be so. We should stand up and call a spade a spade. If someone who is supposed to check your document to see if you are eligible to travel to their country can't just tell you NO, but rather insults you, you should insult the hell out of that crazy individual. Would they do this to American citizens? Let's be wise and act when we are supposed to act.

3 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2018
kelvinUchiha:
Only when Africans emancipate themselves from mental slavery can they truly be free..
By the year 5,000 AD
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by buchilino(m): 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
rotney33:
Due to various reason with the Higher education in Nigeria
Nigerian student have been trooping into the Philippines for their university studies in thousands!!!!
1. Nigerians are required to apply for visas and as of today pay an application fee of 15000naira which goes into the Philippines account.

2. They have to authenticate their documents at the foreign affairs in Manila, Philippines WHICH COST alot of money and in turn helps the Philippines economy

3. Various other things they have to pay for when they arrive , to study in the Philippines which means the Philippines is in turn is benefiting from the Nigerians.

The Nigerians are treated like Animals at the Philippines embassy in Gwarimpa Abuja, Nigeria
The gate men at the Philippines embassy Abuja Nigeria have the audacity to ask for bribes from citizens that obviously do not know their right. A gate man has no right to even look at your documents!

There is a lady also who is supposed to check for documents but instead abuse the Nigerians who go to the embassy. she calls them all sorts of names.
Her job is just to check the documents!!!!!

please I'M not here to questions about why Nigerians go to study in the Philippines but to be in the shoes of the Nigerian who are treated badly at the embassy

I went there myself just to understand the complains I have received. i personally do not need a visa to go to the Philippines but my attention was called on this, and i would like to get people to share their experience to please drop a message here so that people can be aware in Nigeria about what Nigerians are experiencing at the Philippines embassy Abuja Nigeria!!!.

it is the right of every human being to be treated well and respected and this case should be treated seriously

Thank you. please share this and post if you have ever been affected or heard anything about this

BROS NIGERIANS DESERVE EVERY ABUSE DEY R GETTING COS WE R D ONLY PPLE DAT SACRIFICE DIGNITY 4 A SMALL PORRIDGE.
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by Caleycash(m): 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
what are you people going to Philippines to do!?... nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by smulti(m): 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2018
collwriters:
That is the problem with Nigerians, we always take Poo from other countries and do nothing about it. Our leaders are the ones to blame for all these. If they were serious about their affairs with other nations and Immigrants/foreigners/expatriates are punished for their crimes like other countries do, this stuff would never happen. Any citizen from one unknown country can just come and do whatever he/she likes in Nigeria and get away with it. It's a shame. Even if it's a known country, who cares. Who the hell are they. They are a bunch of nobodies where they come from.

lol... who tld you the security man is not a Nigerian
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by northvietnam(m): 7:10pm On Jan 01, 2018
JORDAN202:
SAD

WHAT IS A NIGERIAN GOING TO DO IN THE PHILIPINES ??

THE COUNTRY IS VERY POOR, THEREFORE A NIGERIAN CANNOT CLAIM TO BE GO TO A GREENIER PASTURE.

NIGERIANS SHOULD MAKE AN EFFORT TO STUDY AND UNDERSTAND SOME OF THESE COUNTRIES THEY TRY TO RUN TO BECAUSE MANY OF THESE COUNTRIES ARE WORSE OFF THAN NIGERIA.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW

Manila is 100 times better than any Nigerian city in all Aspect

2 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by collwriters: 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2018
osusuallstars:
You all are busy body. Did Phillipines ask you to buy their market? Common sense, study in Nigeria, don't go to Philippines and they will not ask you for bribe on insult you.
Are they going there because they love Phillipines so much. If they could get admission and other necessary things in Nigeria, why won't they stay.

2 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by princetom1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 01, 2018
kelvinUchiha:
Only when Africans emancipate themselves from mental slavery can they truly be free. Look at ordinary Philippines of yesterday naa. Anyways our leaders are making matters worse.

Wetin Phillipines get sef? I try to find one bt couldn't

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by salford1: 7:24pm On Jan 01, 2018
i am more suprised at Nigerians going to the philipines to study. I dont see how the philipines is better than Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by fuckpro: 7:25pm On Jan 01, 2018
Bollinger:

Lol. You guys are funny. It is ok when you do it to yourselves but not when others do it to you. This is the danger of you letting policemen stand in the middle of traffic to collect bribe and not do anything about it. It is the repercussion for letting your citizens burn suspects in the streets and think it is the right thing to do. You think the outside world doesn't have internet? They know you guys treat each other like trash and have zero respect for one another so why should they respect you? Guess what? They wouldn't dare do it to an American, German, Swiss, Canadian, and i dare say, Ghanaian. You know why? Because they know the citizens of these countries act mostly like human beings and deserve respect. Nigerians? Not so much. And keep blaming your leaders for your woes as if they are the problem.
...Nigerians will never learn
...if my brother's wife should boldly disrespect me I would not blame her but my brother because if he hadn't empowered her she would never do such,same applies to Nigeria we smear ourselves and expect non citizens to treat us otherwise
...when we have leaders from late 30s upward as president,ministers... then we may have hope
...the ones in power now are political prostitutes only what favours them is deemed as national interest

3 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by dontbothermuch: 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2018
cry
Too bad

Someone was soliciting for help & his post was deleted.
What if he's telling the truth?
Nairaland might be his only family.
I have siblings, but am closest to nairaland than to my siblings.
My brother, if you can hear me. I accommodated someone i don't even know from Adam since 2012. She came crying that she loves education & she needs a place to stay. I felt pity for her. By God's grace she gotadmission into uniport this 2017/2018 to study linguistic & comm. Studies. She did wonderfully well on her jamb & post ume. I just finished paying her acceptance fee, sch fees & all. Her joy gives me joy. Her success gives me joy also. My brother don't worry, tomorrow is very pregnant. I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by postemail: 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2018
99thEnemy:
God go punish that Margarete and the cheif security Kayode.. Their kyash will forever pepper them

The funny thing is that the security guard and document checker are Nigerians. We treat ourselves as shyt! Go figure!

4 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by nothernstar: 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2018
Shame on you if you are leader in this country in any capacity cos you did not do what is required of you. That's why every person can insult your children in the name of looking for visa. You leaders brought these insults and disgrace to our country.
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by kayLion(m): 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2018
Indian embassy in Lagos is also as bad as you described
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2018
rotney33:

You are right. I had to go myself to see after the complain and it was disgusting. The treatment at the was the worst i have ever seen. I never saw something like that in all the countries i visited. The gate men were literally asking for bribe together with a lady who the embassy kept to check the documents. She was insulting the nigerian kids looking for visa. This kids were scared of her.
They did notting to get that treatment...they were only going to Philippinesto study!!!
i admire everything u said...But bro if u say u have travelled the globe and been to places and the Philippino treatment shocks then i will have to question your claims...

An average African faces this everyday worse if you are a Nigerian we trend cutting across all sorts of vices globally and we still have to deal with the racial profiling which ofcourse we resort to leaving so many other factors..

You might probably own a dual citizenship and maybe has got some society profile that awards u the extra leverage but yet your skin color will always be a problem regardless..

I was once told about 10yrs ago something by consular after rejecting my visa application and granting other Africans that we applied as a group for a science excursion in Czech Republic...She told me and i quote for a nigerian passport holder you will need more time than you have sir..Now i was furious but then I'm Nigerian.

Our embassies are the worst in the world...Even the ambassadorial appointment will tell you that...We have only ancestral candidates as ambassadors with no interest in selfless service to humanity..

I know all this things u outlined but my question is...What do u plan to do? Certainly not through here the decay u wailing about is an endemic problem treated like an organised crime...

The best u can get is a committee set up and ofcourse they might thank u in their minds as it will afford them the chance to appoint cronies and loot you further..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by acadollar(m): 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2018
rotney33:
Due to various reason with the Higher education in Nigeria
Nigerian student have been trooping into the Philippines for their university studies in thousands!!!!
1. Nigerians are required to apply for visas and as of today pay an application fee of 15000naira which goes into the Philippines account.

2. They have to authenticate their documents at the foreign affairs in Manila, Philippines WHICH COST alot of money and in turn helps the Philippines economy

3. Various other things they have to pay for when they arrive , to study in the Philippines which means the Philippines is in turn is benefiting from the Nigerians.

The Nigerians are treated like Animals at the Philippines embassy in Gwarimpa Abuja, Nigeria
The gate men at the Philippines embassy Abuja Nigeria have the audacity to ask for bribes from citizens that obviously do not know their right. A gate man has no right to even look at your documents!

There is a lady also who is supposed to check for documents but instead abuse the Nigerians who go to the embassy. she calls them all sorts of names.
Her job is just to check the documents!!!!!

please I'M not here to questions about why Nigerians go to study in the Philippines but to be in the shoes of the Nigerian who are treated badly at the embassy

I went there myself just to understand the complains I have received. i personally do not need a visa to go to the Philippines but my attention was called on this, and i would like to get people to share their experience to please drop a message here so that people can be aware in Nigeria about what Nigerians are experiencing at the Philippines embassy Abuja Nigeria!!!.

it is the right of every human being to be treated well and respected and this case should be treated seriously

Thank you. please share this and post if you have ever been affected or heard anything about this

Make a video
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by hillsiderfak(m): 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2018
.She told me and i quote for a nigerian passport holder you will need more time than you have sir.[/b][b].Now i was furious but then I'm Nigerian.

[/quote]

Meaning what, was the VO saying you will over stay your visa ?
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by Stamford007(m): 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2018
Philippines peso is a joke.. same goes for Nigerian naira..
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
i admire everything u said...But bro if u say u have travelled the globe and been to places and the Philippino treatment shocks then i will have to question your claims...

An average African faces this everyday worse if you are a Nigerian we trend cutting across all sorts of vices globally and we still have to deal with the racial profiling which ofcourse we resort to leaving so many other factors..

You might probably own a dual citizenship and maybe has got some society profile that awards u the extra leverage but yet your skin color will always be a problem regardless..

I was once told about 10yrs ago something by consular after rejecting my visa application and granting other Africans that we applied as a group for a science excursion in Czech Republic...She told me and i quote for a nigerian passport holder you will need more time than you have sir..Now i was furious but then I'm Nigerian.

Our embassies are the worst in the world...Even the ambassadorial appointment will tell you that...We have only ancestral candidates as ambassadors with no interest in selfless service to humanity..

I know all this things u outlined but my question is...What do u plan to do? Certainly not through here the decay u wailing about is an endemic problem treated like an organised crime...

The best u can get is a committee set up and ofcourse they might thank u in their minds as it will afford them the chance to appoint cronies and loot you further..

Thank you for your contributions

I agree with you... we are only looking for a solution. Some of the people who go through all this are not the politicians who are untouchable...they are the average citizens. I know Nigeria is terribly currupt!!! Which is sad...but we can start from somewhere...
The people who suffer are not the thieves who have stolen from every citizen in the name of politics and made the youths suffer.

And really no embassy in Nigeria should maltreat Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by drelo9: 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2018
Philippine is a dead zone, filled with a bunch of broke pple,wonder why someone would want to go there ...anyway Nigeria of 2017 is a complete apology...
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2018
kayLion:
Indian embassy in Lagos is also as bad as you described

Thats interesting
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
eleojo23:
Are those gatemen Nigerians?
The gate men are Nigerians
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2018
1freshdude:
Get involved when you see a fellow Nigerian been maltreated, whether by the police, government officials, foreigners or a bigman. Thats the only to restore respect for Nigerians.
thanks alot for this message it is very important. We should all care. Wether we are affected or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bus Conveying Mourners To Burial Kills Old Man Riding Bicycle In Borno (Graphic) / The Newly Dualized Iyere - Owo Road In Ondo State In Pictures / Nigerian 'Toilet Roll' Seller In Spain Returns 16,000 Euros Found In Briefcase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.