Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,836 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

God Rested On The Seventh Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Rested On The Seventh Day (385 Views)

The Seventh-day Adventist Church / Pastor Jean Pierre-Maywa Beaten By Seventh Day Adventist Church Members In Kenya / Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Rested On The Seventh Day by Haleplushearty: 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2017
*RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP*
*LESSON | EIGHTEEN*
SUNDAY, 31ST OF DECEMBER, 2017.
»»» *TOPIC*«««
*GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY*
*HOUSE FELLOWSHIP ANTHEM*
*CALL:* Do you love this family?
*RESP:*I Love this family of God
*CALL:* Tell me how close to you
*RESP:* So close knitted into one
*ALL:* They are taking me into their arms
And'am so glad to be
A part of this great family
*SUGGESTED TIME SCHEDULE*
Praise and Worship...... 10minutes
Testimonies................... 10 minutes
Bible Discussion........... 15 minutes
General Prayers............. 15 minutes
Questions
Welcoming New Converts
Announcements............. 10 minutes
Offering
Closing prayer.
By*TOTAL-60 MINUTES (1 HOUR)*
*MEMORY VERSE=* "But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:". *Exo 20:10*.
BIBLE PASSAGE
*Gen 2:1-3, Exo 20:8-11*
*Genesis*
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
*Exodus*
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 but the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
••*OPENING PRAYER*••
•••• *Prayer Point:* Father, replenish my soul and grant me sweet rest. Amen. ••••
God resting on the seventh day was for the benefit of man and not for God's benefit. actually the word used in the Hebrew can as easily be translated "ceased" as it is rested. Jesus gave us insight into this in : Mark 2:27 "And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." Also, Exo 20:8-11 says "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter; thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates. *For in six days the LORD made the heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day.* Wherever the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hollowed it." This is not the only time God has done something He did not need to restore recharge as it is with men but He rested just to set an example for us. Another was when Jesus was baptized in Matt 3:13-15.
*LESSON OUTLINE*
*Why Fluid God Need to Rest on the Sabbath Day of Creation?*
Gen 2:2 says "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made."
1. God rested not because he was tired, but because he had "completed His work" (Gen 2:2). God, who is infinite in power, scope, knowledge, etc., does not need to rest from fatigue. Being tired is a function of biological organisms and God is not a biological organism but spirit.
2. *Because He settling into His newly-constructed home.* The picture of go 'resting' on the seventh Swithin the context of Genesis 1 tells us that the universe He had just created was intended to function as His 'temple' with humanity as the temple icon, reflecting His image (I.e. 'the image of God') into that 'temple'.
3 God is described in the Bible as being spirit (John 4:24), and spirit does not have flesh and bones (Luke 24:39). Therefore, God is not biologically-based.
4. Furthermore, God is eternal in both the past and the future (Psm 90:2), and He is the only God (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8; 45:5). This means that God does not need any outside energy source to complete Him or replenish Him because He's completely self-sufficient. Therefore, God can never be tired and ti support this, the Bible describes Him in Psm 121:4-5a "Behold, he that keeper Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper".
*CONCLUSION*
God did not merely "rest" on the seventh day; He "stopped creating." It was a purposeful stop. Everything He desired to create had been made. He looked at His creation, and declared it "very good" (Gen 1:31), and ceased from His activity. His rest on the seventh day is typical in the rest we have in Christ (Matt 11:28). On the seventh day, which is the Sabbath day, the day of rest, Christians cease from their work, just as God did . While we need to be replenished, God does not.
*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Thank God for the revelations in this message.
2. Ask God for the grace to keep the Sabbath day holy unto the Lord.
3. Ask God to give you rest in all area of your life.
4. Pray for rapid growth of RCCG spiritually, numerically, economically and physically
5. Pray for Daddy G.O and Mummy G.O.
6. Pray that this nation will enjoy rest from all sides.
7. Personal Prayers.
*GOLDEN DIET FOR THE WEEK*
*MONDAY:* Matt 11:28-29, you can only find rest in Christ.
*TUESDAY:* Gen 2:2, Father, please finish the work that you have started in my life.
*WEDNESDAY:* Heb 4:4, Exo 31:17, Father, give me rest in all areas of my life
*THURSDAY:* Exo 33:14,"My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest" Pray for the manifestation of this promise of God in your life.
*FRIDAY:* Exo 20:10, Father, release unto me the grace to always keep the Sabbath day holy..
*SATURDAY:* Dent 5:15, Always remember that it was God that brought you out of Egypt, He commanded thee to keep the Sabbath day holy.
*SUNDAY:* Exo 31:15; 35:2, Whosoever that works on the Sabbath shall be put to death. Pray against spiritual death or separation from God.
*NOTE:*
God will grant us rest. Please let us invite our neighbours in our various Centers, we need more member God bless you as you comply Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Strange Being Captured Entering T. B. Joshua's Synagogue / The Signs Of Weak Faith / A MUST READ... Even If They Ask You, What Will Be Your Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.