Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons (962 Views)

Tolulope Arotile: Too Early For Hangar In The Sky / Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt / Hanan Buhari, Youngest Daughter Of Muhammadu Buhari Stuns In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by spyx64(m): 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
Talking about 16 years of PDP Vs only 2 year of APC.....

1. PDP met a bag of rice at less than N2500 in 1999, but left it at N11,000 in 2015 when they left power.

2. PDP met the Dollar at N20 when they came in 1999, but left it at N220 in 2015 when they were leaving.

3. PDP met petrol pump price at N11 when they came in 1999 but left it at N87 when they were leaving in 2015.

4. PDP met a bag of cement at less than N400 but left it at N2000 while they were leaving in 2015.

5. PDP met a tin of milk at N15 in 1999 but left it at N100 when they left in 2015.

6. PDP met only OPC in 1999 but left us with Niger Delta militancy, Avengers, MASSOB, IPOB, BAKKASI and Boko Haram as at when they left in 2015.

7. PDP was ushered in with a free and fair election in 1999 by the military but they left us with ballot box snatching, rice sharing for campaigns, do-or- die politics, political assassinations, etc...

8. Hmmm even Life expectancy for Nigerians was 59 years when PDP came in 1999 but PDP left it at 42years... All these outlined problems are the legacy of the PDP led government.

The ppl and party that brought Nigeria and Nigerians to her knees are again offering Nigeria advice on governance, can someone tell them to please let us give this administration its four years, before judgement.

What they couldn't do in 16yrs, they demand this administration to deliver in one year. Are these people serious?

May God help Buhari bring back our lost Glory. Even as I buy a litre of petroleum at N145 or more, I will continue to endure.

Even as power generation drops, I will continue to believe that things will get better.

Even as the exchange rate remains high, I will continue to have faith in God believing that one day it shall be better.

Even as salary is not paid as at when due, I shall continue to believe that this condition is not forever.

Even as the prices of food items and other commodities have gone high, I will continue to have faith and confidence that one day it shall become history.

I campaigned for CHANGE. I voted for CHANGE. I believe in CHANGE. I so much believe that one day I will be counting the much benefits of CHANGE.
#CRACKTEAM

Copied

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by bot101(m): 10:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
spyx64:

1. PDP met a bag of rice at less than N2500 in 1999, but left it at N11,000 in 2015 when they left power.

2. PDP met the Dollar at N20 when they came in 1999, but left it at N220 in 2015 when they were leaving.

3. PDP met petrol pump price at N11 when they came in 1999 but left it at N87 when they were leaving in 2015.

4. PDP met a bag of cement at less than N400 but left it at N2000 while they were leaving in 2015.

5. PDP met a tin of milk at N15 in 1999 but left it at N100 when they left in 2015.

6. PDP met only OPC in 1999 but left us with Niger Delta militancy, Avengers, MASSOB, IPOB, BAKKASI and Boko Haram as at when they left in 2015.

7. PDP was ushered in with a free and fair election in 1999 by the military but they left us with ballot box snatching, rice sharing for campaigns, do-or- die politics, political assassinations, etc...

8. Hmmm even Life expectancy for Nigerians was 59 years when PDP came in 1999 but PDP left it at 42years... All these outlined problems are the legacy of the PDP led government.

The ppl and party that brought Nigeria and Nigerians to her knees are again offering Nigeria advice on governance, can someone tell them to please let us give this administration its four years, before judgement.

What they couldn't do in 16yrs, they demand this administration to deliver in one year. Are these people serious?

May God help Buhari bring back our lost Glory. Even as I buy a litre of petroleum at N145 or more, I will continue to endure.

Even as power generation drops, I will continue to believe that things will get better.

Even as the exchange rate remains high, I will continue to have faith in God believing that one day it shall be better.

Even as salary is not paid as at when due, I shall continue to believe that this condition is not forever.

Even as the prices of food items and other commodities have gone high, I will continue to have faith and confidence that one day it shall become history.

I campaigned for CHANGE. I voted for CHANGE. I believe in CHANGE. I so much believe that one day I will be counting the much benefits of CHANGE.
#CRACKTEAM

Copied

Please don't do this, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

I'll prove that by countering some of the points you listed. So, let's begin.

It seems we are counting the years between 1999 and 2015 inclusive, so that would be 16 years in total... good!!!

Point 1 says PDP met a bag of rice at #2500 and left it at #11000. Thanks for the bit of honesty though, its getting a lot more difficult for BMCs to defend their patron with sound and honest arguments these days. Almost an impossible task I'd say.

So, a bit of math here:
11000 - 2500 = 8500. Rice increased in price by 8500 naira in 16 years, that's an average of 531 naira every year. Now let's compare with that of your patron, we all know who. Between 2015 and 2017, rice increased in price by #7000 to be sold at #18000. On the average, that's about #3500 increase in price per year!!! God forbid, but going at that rate, in 16 years, the price of rice in the market would increase by #56000 to be sold at #67000!!! Now, I won't wish that on my greatest enemy. I'm coming to your second point in a bit.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
spyx64:

#CRACKTEAM

Copied
we know the drill.
Just blame GEJ and be done with it

2 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by Okanokan(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
2years of Apc is more than equivalent of Pdp 16years, the pains inflicted on Nigerians as a result of ill-preparedness of Apc for governance is over a 100years old.

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by bot101(m): 10:58pm On Dec 31, 2017
To point 2...

Following the method of analysis of point 1 above, in 16 years, naira lost an equivalent of #200 of its value. That's about #12.5 per year on average. Let's not begin to imagine the gory, horrendous, depressing picture an analysis of your patron's 2 years will portray.

I think I'll stop here, cos I don't want to be the excuse for another suicide attempt.

Warning: Don't try to analyse the other points, it can lead to acute depression, and subsequently, suicide.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by HtwoOw: 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
Useless people and nonsense posts

You are your cake but you want to have it, how's that possible?
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by myfantasies(f): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
Op so wat is ur point

Infact no let me stone u dis turkey bone wey i dey eat

Indirectly u r blaming Gej just like ur dullard president have been doing for the past 2yrs

Please let dis rubbish end dis 2017

Nonsense angry
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by DWJOBScom(m): 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
Am zombies and BMCs must resigned before entering 2018 o.
Stop raising excuses just to keep the pay check coming is not fair as Nigerians are suffering

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by KingsJohnson(m): 1:03am On Jan 01, 2018
If you saved N1 a day starting January 1st 2017, by today December 31st 2017, you would have altogether saved $1. Wow! Buhari is really a man of his word. He has fulfilled his campaign promise of making N1 equal to $1 grin grin grin
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by Validated: 1:12am On Jan 01, 2018
KingsJohnson:
If you saved N1 a day starting January 1st 2017, by today December 31st 2017, you would have altogether saved $1. Wow! Buhari is really a man of his word. He has fulfilled his campaign promise of making N1 equal to $1 grin grin grin
Promise delivered $1~N1 a day for 1 year grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by ChidiAlaigbo: 1:21am On Jan 01, 2018
The same useless bitter people from the EAST crying again........we love Buhari and we can see the difference he is making.

Life isn't about EATING imported food or importing everything whilst producing nothing.

Our reserves keeps climbing meaning the Naira is stabilised.

The wailing Easterners (the bloody 5% specifically) can go to hell.
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by ImadeUReadThis: 1:33am On Jan 01, 2018
I guess we should not blame Buhari for his inability to do his job but rather blame those before him.

But since Buhari claimed to have all the answers to our problems and knew so much the issues on ground and also was an active critic of past successive administrations since 1999, Buhari has alot of explanation to do about why he is yet to fix the system and why the system is collapsing under him.

There is no one to blame again but Buhari.
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by aolawale025: 1:58am On Jan 01, 2018
While conceding no single man can solve nigeria's problem. Buhari deserves blame for the fact he hasn't even taken a step towards solving any problem he met.
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by anibi9674: 3:04am On Jan 01, 2018
ok.
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by BigIyanga: 3:08am On Jan 01, 2018
Same GDP numbers produced by PDP are being used by this present government to borrow from IMF, World Bank, China, and Intl agencies?
Same GDP numbers are being bandied about by governors to highlight their liquidity and solvency positions when soliciting for intl loans and assistance?
Same GPD bandied about by govt officials to woo foreign investors?
How can a government that generated 0MW be expecting private sectors to manufacture cars?
They keep talking as if Nigeria was heaven in 1999. Let me remind you all, in 1998, Abacha was in power and Abdulsalam took over and handed over to OBJ in 1999. This narrative of 16 years of destruction by PDP has to be to the sleaziest story ever told to keep us distracted. If that were to be true, why did GMB import PDP renegades like Amechi, Ngige, Atiku, Audu Ogbe.etc into his cabinet and circle?
Want to go back to 1999? In 1999, Naija had 500k telephone lines, but had close to 100m lines in 2015
In 1999, Naija GDP was about $299bn, but was over $500bn in 2015
In 1999 , nationL minimum wage act pegged minimum at N250/per month, but today, it is N18k.
1999, no Naija bank offered ATM cards nor had ATMs, but today they're at all nooks and crannies.
1999, No EFCC, and ICPC, but today PMB is using these agencies!
1999, foreign reserve was around $3bn, but in 2015, it was around $30bn with addition of $bn in ECA.
1999, GPD per capita was less than $1000, but in 2015, it around $3k
I definitely do not want to go back to 1999 and would want this govt to show me how it can better the record of PDP.. PDP didn't make Naija paradise, but APC must produce at least 30% of these records in its 4 years in order to be on track to best PDP's record, but so far it has not started. Blaming is no plan and inaction is an action!!
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by ManirBK: 6:52am On Jan 01, 2018
aolawale025:
While conceding no single man can solve nigeria's problem. Buhari deserves blame for the fact he hasn't even taken a step towards solving any problem he met.

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by Jesusloveyou: 7:05am On Jan 01, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by Jesusloveyou: 7:12am On Jan 01, 2018
bot101:

Please don't do this, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

I'll prove that by countering some of the points you listed. So, let's begin.

It seems we are counting the years between 1999 and 2015 inclusive, so that would be 16 years in total... good!!!

Point 1 says PDP met a bag of rice at #2500 and left it at #11000. Thanks for the bit of honesty though, its getting a lot more difficult for BMCs to defend their patron with sound and honest arguments these days. Almost an impossible task I'd say.

So, a bit of math here:
11000 - 2500 = 8500. Rice increased in price by 8500 naira in 16 years, that's an average of 531 naira every year. Now let's compare with that of your patron, we all know who. Between 2015 and 2017, rice increased in price by #7000 to be sold at #18000. On the average, that's about #3500 increase in price per year!!! God forbid, but going at that rate, in 16 years, the price of rice in the market would increase by #56000 to be sold at #67000!!! Now, I won't wish that on my greatest enemy. I'm coming to your second point in a bit.
but you know that with the plan at hand, with more local production,before 2020 bag of rice will be 6k,
Again with the plan of more refinery, importation will reduce.
With the combine reduction of rice and fuel, price of dollar will fall.
With this, before 2020 Nigeria will be back to glory

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by Bede2u(m): 7:45am On Jan 01, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
but you know that with the plan at hand, with more local production,before 2020 bag of rice will be 6k,
wow wow wow. Wait o...this one is telling us that with buharis plan Nigeria will be back to glory in 2020 shocked
With GEJ plan Nigeria would have been back to glory by 2017 undecided
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by bot101(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2018
Jesusloveyou:

How you fail to learn!! What plans?? Is it the one with a board of dead people? Or the one where the people who are supposed to execute the plan don't even know what the plan is??
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by yomi96(m): 10:55am On Jan 01, 2018
spyx64:

#CRACKTEAM

Copied
LOL....In 1999, President Obasanjo, a man in his 60s walked into a Nigeria that had been thoroughly Sodomized by Abacha with Crude Oil hovering at $17, yet Nigeria did not go into recession AT ALL. Buhari 's incompetence is constant even if he's soaked inside 'Fountain of Youth'
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by Omeokachie: 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
I can bet the op copied and pasted here without bothering to read what he posted!

Ask him to breakdown each of those points he raised and the logic behind them, and you will see him abandon the thread!
Re: It Is Too Early To Blame President Muhammadu Buhari. For The Following Reasons by Mallamkay001(m): 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
There is no point in celebrating failure. APC is d greatest disaster that ever befell this nation. See now, we no get fuel but Yusuf Buhari decided to be wasting fuel for racing.
Now somebody says we shud leave wia we r cueing for fuel and go and start praying for Yusuf.
A govt that is appointing dead persons into positions.
APC is a monumental political scam.

(1) (Reply)

When Is The Next Presidential Media Chat? / Where Are These Two Monikers / Tenure Extension: APC Member Drags Party To Court, Wants Oyegun Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.