Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 (478 Views)

Police Arrest 2 For Having Sex In Police College Church In Maiduguri (pic) / 15 Secrets To A Long-lasting Marriage That Will Impress You / Wife Of Nigerian Doctor Arrested For Having Sex With Her Student In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 by Exoticstan(m): 7:19am On Jan 01, 2018
No matter how tough times may be, it will still not scratch some people. I’m talking about the sophisticated rule players, masters of self, and icons of common sense.

Enough of that now. Here are some useful tips anyone can adopt to make the new year better:

1. ACHIEVING GOALS

Set plenty goals and chase them all. Write them in your phone’s notepad and read them daily. Worst case scenario, you will achieve many of them.

2. SOCIAL MEDIA

You needn’t be active on all social media platforms. If you have Instagram, dump Snapchat; if you have WhatsApp, dump IMO; if you have Facebook, dump Twitter.
Do them all and your life is a meaningless waste.

3. SPENDING MONEY

Our society is configured to make us spend money indiscriminately just to impress people who don’t give a burning weed about us.

NEVER spend to receive validation from paupers. EAGLES don’t need validation from parrots!

4. PERSONAL HAPPINESS

Work hard the smart way, and expect nothing in return. This is the only way to be happy with your hustle because you will NEVER be disappointed.

5. PLEASING WOMEN

Young man, it is not your job to finance a lady’s lifestyle. If she wants Kim Kardashian kind of life, she should do a sex tape!

6. PLEASING MEN

Don’t. You can’t. You will only become a pelvic treadmill or a PREGNANCY MACHINE!

7. PEACE OF MIND

Get some solitude daily or as frequently as you can. In this fast-paced world of ours, it’s easy to lose your mind.

8. ON READING

If you have eyes and don’t read good books, you have NO advantage over a blind man. The one who reads more is always wiser irrespective of age. Oh . . .By books, I mean NON-FICTION.

9. KEEPING FRIENDS

You are the average of the 5 people that are constantly around you. If they are IDIOTS, you are likely one; if they are legends, you are probably one.

TWO decent, well-connected, highly cerebral, positive, friends are better than a horde of lowlife sour-brain passionless Joes.

10. SELF-IMPROVEMENT

Most people don't improve themselves. They just pray, pay tithes and think God can be bribed. WRONG!

Oh. If you enter a room or join a crew and you’re the smartest person there; LEAVE immediately. You don’t belong there.

11. ON LOVE

Keep in mind that EVERYONE has an agenda. Only your parents love comprehensively so spend time with them because time is not on their side.

12. BEING HEALTHY

Drink all you want.
Smoke all you want.
Eat as much sugar as possible.
Consume CODEINE and TRAMADOL like Vitamin C.

But know that DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, ERECTILE DYSFUNTION . . . .are no longer diseases of old people. People as young as 18 and 23 are going down with them courtesy of the Jet Age.

13. COMPARISON GAME

For God’s sake don’t. No matter who you are, someone will always be richer, taller, finer, wiser and faster than you. Enjoy what you have in peace and never feel the need to upload your bank balance or newest toy just to prove to that dude that you are doing well. MATURITY! MATURITY!! MATURITY!!!

If it will do you any good, stay away from fake life and people, and that means most of this disease called Social Media.

14. TIME MANAGEMENT

A 1-minute phone discussion can last 3 hours when you decide to chat. It is not everyone’s right to get a response from you.

And however busy you may be, once there are no results, you wasted time. Period!

15. LAST BULLET

Nobody is interested in making your life better! Nobody cares! Nobody can! Not your priest, pastor or prophet! Yes. It’s the ugly truth. You are On Your Own.

So when life knocks you to the ground with a Superman Punch – with friends watching by the ringside – don’t bother expecting help, which may not come. Kip up like a Japanese Ninja, kick life in the gut, and choke-slam it to the ground, and laugh at it like Jackie Chan. It will return angry, and you will get some more beating.

This goes on until there is just a LAST MAN STANDING.
Should you win the match, family and friends will dive into the ring to celebrate with you. Don’t be an idiot. Don’t get mad that they didn’t help you.

The fight was and remains YOURS, not THEIRS!

So dear,
- Observe, don't just look.
- Understand, don't just observe.
- Hustle, don't just understand.
- Innovate, don't just hustle
- Persist, don't just innovate.
- Be reasonable, don't just persist.

All the best in all you do in 2018!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 by purem(m): 7:34am On Jan 01, 2018
Nice and interesting piece
Re: 15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 by ubunja(m): 7:39am On Jan 01, 2018
generic
Re: 15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 by Exoticstan(m): 7:40am On Jan 01, 2018
ubunja:
generic
More like motivational. Lol
Re: 15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 by ubunja(m): 7:45am On Jan 01, 2018
Exoticstan:
More like motivational. Lol
by generic i meant its nothing we havent heard a thousand times before. i even wonder why he had to call them secrets.
even primary school kids know this
Re: 15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 by FemiEddy(m): 7:48am On Jan 01, 2018
Harsh but motivating
Re: 15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 by FemiEddy(m): 7:49am On Jan 01, 2018
ubunja:

by generic i meant its nothing we havent heard a thousand times before. i even wonder why he had to call them secrets.
Some don't know, I didn't knw all, until I saw dis thread, Thanks op
Re: 15 Secrets For Having A Better 2018 by Exoticstan(m): 8:00am On Jan 01, 2018
ubunja:

I know he generic stuff. But some secrets are obvious

(1) (Reply)

The 7 Fantastic Stages Of Love Life / Nigerian Man Shuts Down Anambra Market To Propose To His Girlfriend Of 8 Years / Internet Flirting: 3 Proven Steps To Effectively Slide Into Dms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.