Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points (40673 Views)

'Boycott 2019 Election' - Nnamdi Kanu Tells IPOB In New Year Speech (Audio) / Buhari’s New Year Speech Shows He Has Conceded Defeat -pdp...says Mr. President / New Year Speech: Buhari Was Not Accurately Quoted In News Report - APC Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by madridguy(m): 8:04am On Jan 01, 2018
Noted.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by GoodinPurple: 8:04am On Jan 01, 2018
You are still promising us, when the once you promised have been fulfilled...
Take ya time there oo
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by MikaelJP(m): 8:04am On Jan 01, 2018
No. Word on the appointment of dead people.
The speech sound like a presidential candidate manifesto.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by emperormossad(m): 8:08am On Jan 01, 2018
Corpsocracy has started new year with promises again.
Their previous promises, no headway. A new round of promises has been released. Weh done.
Wetin concern me sef.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by matmat(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2018
The only way to see beyond all this country mess is to remain focus and don't be used by brain washed Politicians...

Afterall, it's my Life. Live it well to see beyond.

Welcome to 2018.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by mohims(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Obum22(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2018
Same old story We are tired of it abeg
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by tessbadmos(m): 8:10am On Jan 01, 2018
The best president so far with many achievement. Buhari till 2023

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Smartademu(m): 8:10am On Jan 01, 2018
Why the deafening silence on fulani herdsmen?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2018
spoken as usual . . I'm so upset this morning.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Holyvurgin17(m): 8:11am On Jan 01, 2018
I'm sure Buhari's speech writer wrote this undecided
Nothing about Fulani herdsmen
Nothing about his foot soldiers (Book Haram)
Nothing about appointment of the dead
Nothing about BADOO terrorists

But wait ooo does he know anything called BADOO

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by MyMouth(m): 8:11am On Jan 01, 2018
obiageIi:
Nice speech, nothing on the rampaging fulani herdsmen as usual. Smh
Haba!!!! So u did not hear him talking about security challenges abi? Must he list them all? The speech is very OK, let's jus hope and pray it translate to reality and not jus the usual talk talk

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by serverconnect(m): 8:14am On Jan 01, 2018
ManirBK:
HAPPY NEW YEAR
The back hand is wishing you d same.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by JusticeSeeker: 8:14am On Jan 01, 2018
What a speech. May God cause all this to come to pass. Amen
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by misgab: 8:16am On Jan 01, 2018
Nice one keep it up. What about we the youths that have something to offer our fatherland how do u factor us in, where and how do we come on board?
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by AiiVee(m): 8:20am On Jan 01, 2018
Why do Nigerians at this stage and with what we've seen still fall for speeches and promises.. are these not subsidiaries of his campaign promises and what are we seeing from those.. If these cons that we are experiencing from your administration Sir are necessary for a better Nation, then lets see some of the end result before anything else. If your administration can just do one thing for us and that is refinery Sir, how marvelous will that be for the nation. but no, you all wont do the needful and its promises over and over again
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 01, 2018
5. While disclosing that power transmission had been ramped up to 7,000 megawatts (MW), he said for the first time on December 8, 2017, the country generated 5,155MW of electricity and proceeded to highlight other achievements in the power sector.

This one was true
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 01, 2018
If to make the economy work is a big problem, then you don't have a reason to be there?
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Misterdhee1(m): 8:28am On Jan 01, 2018
hedonistical:
Rubbish. This brain dead idiot that does not even know the content of the so-called speech he merely recited to fulfil all righteousness.
He has no idea what he is talking about, so only starry eyed simpletons would take him seriously.

Just look at this extremist Islamic/Fulani pig who rode on the back of murderous ethnic and religious fanaticism to unfairly take over power? Shebi it was out of fear that innocent "dogs and baboons [from the South] shall be soaked in blood" that Jonathan gracefully (but foolishly) allowed you to chance him out of Aso Rock? Na devil go punish you. Idiot. The same ethnic and religious sentiments that brought you to power would be used against you to force you out of that seat that you don't deserve.

Nonsense.
It's a new year bro...Borrow or get sense...It's too early to be stupid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Pataricatering(f): 8:31am On Jan 01, 2018
Lol !!i hope you won’t jump off a bridge soon - this anger is too much !
hedonistical:
Rubbish. This brain dead idiot that does not even know the content of the so-called speech he merely recited to fulfil all righteousness.
He has no idea what he is talking about, so only starry eyed simpletons would take him seriously.

Just look at this extremist Islamic/Fulani pig who rode on the back of murderous ethnic and religious fanaticism to unfairly take over power? Shebi it was out of fear that innocent "dogs and baboons [from the South] shall be soaked in blood" that Jonathan gracefully (but foolishly) allowed you to stampede him out of Aso Rock? Na devil go punish you. Idiot. The same ethnic and religious sentiments that brought you to power would be used against you to force you out of that seat that you don't deserve.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by hedonistical: 8:31am On Jan 01, 2018
Misterdhee1:

It's a new year bro...Borrow or get sense...It's too early to be stupid
Stupidity defines you and everything about you. And sense would continue to elude you throughout this year. Goat.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Misterdhee1(m): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2018
hedonistical:

Stupidity defines you and everything about you. And sense would continue to elude you throughout this year. Goat.
Lol...The economy must have hit you hard last year...Wish you better days this year...But firstly bin your stupidity. It's not befitting
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Donsammi(m): 8:35am On Jan 01, 2018
TheHistorian:
Wonderful speech by my amiable President!!!

Remain taciturn if you have nothing intellectual to contribute to the subject of discourse.

Reply me with the link to the video footage of where Buhari said that or you keep mute forever on this forum.

ooh
you have changed goal post..

nows it's video link..

heres vanguard link

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-ll-be-bloody-if-buhari/

video links

https://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DaLjEnMvBxDs&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPlM-MoLbYAhWpA5oKHSmZAwoQtwIIETAC&usg=AOvVaw3bHFIj4V89HgjHsKrdqKOS

https://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DhGl4JrGonIE&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPlM-MoLbYAhWpA5oKHSmZAwoQtwIIDjAB&usg=AOvVaw2g6C0XjPgzPjf-ClNGM9pf

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by hedonistical: 8:36am On Jan 01, 2018
Pataricatering:
Lol !!i hope you won’t jump off a bridge soon - this anger is too much !

Maybe you were born yesterday, that's why you don't remember how ruthless these same bigoted idiots were when tackling Jonathan in the build up to 2015. What kind of insult wasn't peddled at him then? It all came to a head when they unfairly pushed him out of power after riddling him with unprintable invectives.

Buhari's turn is here, and this is just the beginning. He would have a massive dose of his own medicine.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 01, 2018
sarrki:
I fervently prayed all this come to past
I will be happy
grin grin
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 01, 2018
sarrki:
I fervently prayed all this come to past
I will be happy
grin grin
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by KushLyon(m): 8:39am On Jan 01, 2018
just the same gibberish we hear every year.... good roads, good water, tight security, more fuel, yada yada yada

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by hedonistical: 8:39am On Jan 01, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Lol...The economy must have hit you hard last year...Wish you better days this year...But firstly bin your stupidity. It's not befitting
Look at this nincompoop. You think all of us leech on the government like you useless APC apologists who depend on crumbs and handouts from Buhari's goons?

Quit advertising your foolishness and get lost. Mention me again and you will meet your Waterloo.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 01, 2018
smiley
Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by lost24: 8:43am On Jan 01, 2018
Honestly

I will say power really went up in 2017
No b mouth story na real story

They say seeing is believing I c light like crazy

Sometime I de pray make dey carry d light sef.

Up fashola
Baba buhari u try small but u need to improve

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 01, 2018
OP you mixed up generation and transmission. Very important. Please correct.
@ nairalandfreak
Consequently, generation has now reached 7,000MW. On December 8, 2017 the country achieved 5,155MW of power delivered to consumers, the highest level ever recorded.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bala Ngilari Spent N400M On Cars / Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner / Oluwo Of Iwoland: South-East Cannot Produce President For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.