Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,129 members, 7,842,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack (16619 Views)

Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers In Borno Ambush / Ambush Of Oil Workers: Corpses Of 18 Soldiers, 30 Others Arrive Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by BruncleZuma: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2018
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by nawtyme: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2018
Soft targets. Nothing to see here
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by NaoSlay: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2018
This boko haram issue is really getting out if hands and what pains me bitterly is the way Nigerians have tribalised this issue both APC and PDP.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by jflower06(m): 10:18am On Jan 02, 2018
wow.. technically defeated terrorist at it again.. $1billion loading.. it's glaring now that this terrorism is politically motivated

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by JoshMedia: 10:19am On Jan 02, 2018
RIP TO THE GALLANT MEN.

Check my signature
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by OmoOshodi(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2018
bedspread:
I REALLY DINT UNDERSTAND THIS BOKO WAR ANYMORE....
Today u hear they are Defeated...
Tomorrow Soldiers get Missing...
It's Seriously Embarrassing....

IT IS WELL WITH NIGERIA... THATS ALL I KNOW
this could have been averted if nobody raised dust over the $1bn ECA .... Now those soldiers had paid the price .... What a Nation.
Ask them of how they execute a project in the NorthEast .... And see Bokoharam strike the following week. ....... Too much blood is spilling

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by hezy4real01(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2018
This Boko boiz no de finish ni
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by anonimi: 10:19am On Jan 02, 2018
Nwodosis:
Is Buhari really a military general? He was talking tough on Boko Haram and I thought he had the solution at hand but how wrong I was.

Sorry for your loss as you were clearly deceived by the lies and propaganda of barawo bubu and his All Poverty Congress, APC. embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KqE0Qg8js

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3267743_lead_jpeg40d3816c9537a77f5db1d8af2860b5b6

SignalNG1:
December 23, 2015
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said on Wednesday that the Nigerian military had met the December deadline to defeat the Boko Haram terrorists.

The minister said this during his maiden meeting with editorial heads of media houses in Lagos.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that President Mohammadu Buhari had, upon assuming office, issued a December 31 deadline to the military to defeat the Boko Haram terrorists.

“Today, I can report that the war against Boko Haram is largely won.

“I can confidently say this because just recently, I led a group of 33 journalists from both the local and international media to the hot bed of the insurgency, that is, Maiduguri, Kondugua, Kaoure and Bama.

“Today, I can report to you that the entire 70 plus kilometres stretch from Maiduguri to Bama and all the way to Banki which leads to Cameroun and the Central African Republic are in the hands of our gallant troops.”

He said the military presence could be felt ”every few metres along the road; at a point along that road we were just a kilometre to Sambisa forest.

“They have so degraded the capacity of Boko Haram that the terrorists can no longer hold on to any territory just as they can no longer carry out any spectacular attack.”

Mohammed, however, said that though there were still cases of suicide bombings, it was pertinent to note that such was the nature if insurgency globally.

“Unlike a war between two armies, an insurgency never ends with arms victory

“Even in countries like Colombia where insurgency was supposed to have ended decades ago, attacks like this still happen.”

He said that the insurgents had adopted a new style of attacking soft targets like motor parks, schools, entertainment centres, religious centres, killing innocent people mostly women and children.

He, therefore, urged Nigerians to support the military in the fight against terrorism in the country, saying that the military had availed itself creditably.

“It is our turn as civilians to give them our support; to realise that the war they are fighting is not their war alone, but our war, hence we must own the war.”

The minister disclosed that a national security campaign had commenced to raise awareness among Nigerians about the war, the sacrifices of our troops, and how to stamp out the remnant of the war.

“Jingles are being played on national radio and television as part of the campaign in order to keep the media better informed about the war, so that they can also better inform Nigerians,’’ he said.

Mohammed also said that an ad-hoc committee, comprising media representatives as well as intelligence agencies, would be inaugurated to regularly be updated about the war in order to better inform the public. (NAN)​

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/23/boko-haram-military-have-met-december-deadline-lai-mohammed/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by fuckpro: 10:24am On Jan 02, 2018
...its all a ruse
...the ploy is to justify the $1 billion largesse
...seven filled hilux coming to subdue at least 35 military men what a shame
...but if its small unarm civilians and pregnant women they will be puffing their chest around town claiming gallant warriors
...going about town feeling like Rambo on defenseless citizens

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2018
otil1:

Buhari has not proved to be good in any department:

Not education for he remained certificateless
Not economy for he's the chief recessionist
Not business for he doesn't know how to make money and his 200cows remain so after many years
Not even ze oza room
Of course, not military for BH has rather grown

So, tell me

His supporters refuse to accept the evidence
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by AlphaStyles(m): 10:30am On Jan 02, 2018
where is the 1billion oooo
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Mrkumareze(m): 10:33am On Jan 02, 2018
satelliteDISH:

In a civilised country it's the police that is sent to arrest and detain unarmed civilians and not the military.
U lack the moral rights to call them miscreants.

The guy is not civilized neither is Nigeria a civilized nation. I visited more than 3 countries without seeing a single soldier but here in Nigeria you hardly spend a day without seeing military men patrolling or mounting road blocks . Some idiots are here clapping for them
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by mysticwarrior(m): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2018
mesoprogress:
Nigeria soldiers are ill trained for Boko haram operations. Don't know if they even have intelligence and IR detectors. Their ground movement should be supported by an aerial vehicle /satellites well equipped to gather intelligence. Oh I forgot, we need to buy every piece of military equipment we need, and the West is selling us crap technologies(at exorbitant prices) in case if they need to invade Nigeria, it will be a work over.
have you witnessed a Nigerian army training? i doubt if u have ever done that, pls visit, Jaji and NDA zaria both in Kaduna State, then u will know how wrong u are, saying that Nigerian soldiers are Ill trained is totally unacceptable, poorly equipped yes, ill trained no.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by herich(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2018
Leonbonapart:
You can't be sane and be a Muslim.
grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by lyricalz: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2018
BudeYahooCom:
Boko don suyalize the bullies.
When dey see boko they run but when dey see unarmed civilians they maltreat them. Cowardly korofos!

this guy just spoke my mind, to be Frank I don't pity soldiers when they die, especial Nigerian soldiers cuz they behave like animals.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by dalaman: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2018
mysticwarrior:
have you witnessed a Nigerian army training? i doubt if u have ever done that, pls visit, Jaji and NDA zaria both in Kaduna State, then u will know how wrong u are, saying that Nigerian soldiers are Ill trained is totally lunacceptable, poorly equipped yes, ill trained no.

You think physical training is all there is too military training? Which modern weapons do they use in training them? They are ill trained and ill equipped. Drop and F-16 fighter jet and no body in the Nigerian airforce will be able to fly it. Drop a modern cruise missile launcher and nobody in the Nigerian army will be able to operate it.

You think carrying heavy load on your back and running kilometers with it is what military training is all about.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by dalaman: 11:01am On Jan 02, 2018
lyricalz:

this guy just spoke my mind, to be Frank I don't pity soldiers when they die, especial Nigerian soldiers cuz they behave like animals.

Nigerian soldiers are animals. I never feel sorry for them when they are killed by Boko Haram. In fact Boko Haram should be attacking and killing them alone and leave we civilians alone.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by don4real18(m): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2018
BudeYahooCom:
Boko don suyalize the bullies.
When dey see boko they run but when dey see unarmed civilians they maltreat them. Cowardly korofos!
The reason you can sleep is because you have able soldiers... You call them coward but you can't go out to face the menace called Book Haram
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by mysticwarrior(m): 11:10am On Jan 02, 2018
dalaman:

You think physical training is all there is too military training? Which modern weapons do they use in training them? They are I'll trained and ill equipped. Drop and F-16 fighter jet and no body in the Nigerian airforce will be able to fly it. Drop a modern cruise missile launcher and nobody in the Nigerian army will be able to operate it.

You think carrying heavy load on your back and running kilometers with it is what military training is all about.
and how did you know they don't use modern gadgets during training? we would appreciate it if you could go to all Nigerian military academy/institutions to verify with video footage evidence so we can accept your claims as an eye witness reporter.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 02, 2018
Each time the Federal Government budgets and borrows money to fight terrorism, there appear a deadly terrorist attack out of nowhere. I have been monitoring these for years and it seems to take the same sequences.

The question that Buhari and to many Nigerians who are making blood money is;

If you are also not the ones supplying arms to your Sambisa Boys (I refuse to use the name Boko Haram henceforth so we can clear things up). If these Politicians are not the ones supplying their Sambisa Boys with arms, so that terror acts can lead to quick approvals of Terrorism budget (To be shared amongst the employers of the Sambisa Boys);

THEN

It means that the Arms Dealers, who auction Arms to our Federal Government, are the sponsors of Sambisa Boys. Without Sambisa Boys killing the humans of Northern Nigeria, the Arms Dealers will not get approval from Senators and Federal Government for ARMS PURCHASE.

The HUMAN SACRIFICE for MONEY is the main-stay of Politicians, yet they are invading Ogun and Ondo States of Nigeria, arresting ritual killers. Meanwhile they are doing the thing on a larger level.

We must tell the Politicians and Arms Dealers to stop these human killings. Buhari should stop his Fulani Sambisa Boys from also killing Farmers.

Happy New Year folks.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by Witnes: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2018
So sad! Western world will absolutely never allow bokoharam to finish, how will they sell ammunitions if there's peace in d world? no gun men, militia, terrorism, hostage taken, political crisis, name it. They fan crisis secretly and give concern lip services overtly to show pity, double standard of d western world.
Secondly they quite know that d Muslims are too dumbs, easily provoked, not value lives especially in d helm of touching their religion, so they uses religion as a bait to sparked d extreme Muslims to foment crisis, terrorisms in other to make billion of dollars from weapons.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by mysticwarrior(m): 11:17am On Jan 02, 2018
dalaman:

Nigerian soldiers are animals. I never feel sorry for them when they are killed by Boko Haram. In fact Boko Haram should be attacking and killing them alone and leave we civilians alone.
if you have a friend or relatives serving in the Nigerian army, you won't be sounding so brash, these men are laying their lives just to protect the citizens of this nation including you and i from all aggressions, and you are here wishing evil upon them, u are beginning to sound like a Boko haram terrorist here if you don't know, and I think u should really be investigated and placed under serious observation.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by tyup(m): 11:31am On Jan 02, 2018
all the best for them o
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by ezegenigbonine: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2018
N some urchins will tell us that book haram is past tense
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by jokingmary(m): 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
This people are not ready for bokoharam. when I tell people that the the boko boys are funded more than the military they think its a joke.

the military is only good against unarmed civilians like those in the south east.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by dalaman: 12:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
mysticwarrior:
and how did you know they don't use modern gadgets during training? we would appreciate it if you could go to all Nigerian military academy/institutions to verify with video footage evidence so we can accept your claims as an eye witness reporter.

How can you use what you don't have? Our military doesn't have mordern gadgets so how can they use it in training their personnel?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by dalaman: 12:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
mysticwarrior:
if you have a friend or relatives serving in the Nigerian army, you won't be sounding so brash, these men are laying their lives just to protect the citizens of this nation including you and i from all aggressions, and you are here wishing evil upon them, u are beginning to sound like a Boko haram terrorist here if you don't know, and I think u should really be investigated and placed under serious observation.

Shut up! Are the Nigerian military better than the Boko Haram people? The Nigerian military kill, bully and maim civilians just like the Boko Haram people and other criminals. That is a fact. I have a friend that is paralyzed now because of military brutality, a younger brother's friend lost an eye because of military brutality. There are so many untold stories like that all over the country. The last time the Nigerian airforce bomb an IDP camp killing IDPs and aid workers, their first attempt was to deny the incident, before they later accepted and excused it as a marking error. How many officers were placed under observation for bullying, maiming and killing civilians? They are no different from Boko Haram as far as am concerned. They should all die unless they change their ways.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack by mysticwarrior(m): 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
dalaman:

Shut up! Are the Nigerian military better than the Boko Haram people? The Nigerian military kill, bully and maim civilians just like the Boko Haram people and other criminals. That is a fact. I have a friend that is paralyzed now because of military brutality, a younger brother's friend lost an eye because of military brutality. There are so many untold stories like that all over the country. The last time the Nigerian airforce bomb an IDP camp killing IDPs and aid workers, their first attempt was to deny the incident, before they later accepted and excused it as a marking error. How many officers were placed under observation for bullying, maiming and killing civilians? They are no different from Boko Haram as far as am concerned. They should all die unless they change their ways.
you are talking a truck load of pure arrant nonsense, in every military operations casualties are recorded on civilians, collateral damage is common in all military operations, show me a photograph of you younger brothers friend and your friend whom u claimed were maimed by soldiers, the Nigerian army has been existed before you were born, and it will still continue to exist after you die.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Government Suspends NURTW And RTEAN. Orders Leaders To Vacate Motor Parks / Fubara To Get Ambode Treatment, Wike Determined To Remove Him – Primate Ayodele / Senators Trade Words Over ₦‎29 Trillion Ways And Means Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.