Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? (21310 Views)

Osagie Ehanire Silent On Question About Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts / Gani Adams On Fulani Herdsmen Killings: "What Yorubas Will Do" / Restructuring: Why Are Notable Nigerians Silent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
I'm so pained seeing people run away from their fatherland because some group of people who carry sophisiticated weapons to tend cows attack them in their villages. Honestly I wish there is something I could do now to physically defend those guys no matter how costly.

Worst of it all is that the President is indifferent about this. The governors and local government authorities look so incapacitated. Well-meaning Nigerians feel less concerned because it hasn't gotten to their estates, mansions and houses. Everybody is sitting akimbo.

How long is this onslaught going to continue? Are we going to fold our hands and watch defenseless people being slaughtered like goats in their own lands?
The first gift creation gave to man was land. The bitterest of wars you'll ever fight is over your land.

But right here, we keep silent and watch people being killed and their lands being taken over by strangers including cows.

Guys don't you think this is a strategic genocide, be it religious or ethnic?
Don't you think there are wicked ulterior motives behind these attacks?

The primary reason why you have a neighbor is, to hAve someone speak up for you when you have no voice, to have someone fight for you when you are defenseless. If your neighbor keeps silent while you're being attacked, after you might have been dealt with, it will get to his turn. It is a chain reaction people!!!!!

We are all disappointing humanity by standing neutral in time of moral and human atrocities. Those guys being attacked need someone to speak up for them at least.

Guys we have to speak up so that our diversity remains intact. Agatu comes to mind. That village is a complete shadow now. It's also happening in Southern Kaduna and Adamawa. Lineages, tribes, generations, nations are gradually being exterminated.

We can't let this continue, guys we can't. My heart bleeds now. If there is anything you can do to make the cries of these people heard, please do.

191 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by lokobyforch(m): 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
People are scared of the Chief Fulani Office (CFO) infamously know as Muhammadu Buhari.

161 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by free2ryhme: 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I'm so pained seeing people running away from their fatherland because some group of people who carry sophisiticated weapons to tend cows attack them in their villages. Honestly I wish there is something I could do now to physically defend those guys no matter how costly.

Worst of it all is that the President is indifferent about this. The governors and local government authorities look so incapacitated. Well-meaning Nigerians feel less concerned because it hasn't gotten to their estates, mansions and houses. Everybody is sitting akimbo.

How long is this onslaught going to continue? Are we going to fold our hands and watch defenseless people being slaughtered like goats in their own lands?
The first gift creation gave to man was land. The bitterest of wars you'll ever fight is over your land.

But right here, we keep silent and watch people being killed and their lands being taken over by strangers including cows.

The primary reason why you have a neighbor is, to hAve someone speak up for you when you have no voice, to have someone fight for you when you are defenseless. If your neighbor keeps silent while you're being attacked, after you might have been dealt with, it will get to his turn. It is a chain reaction people!!!!!

We are all disappointing humanity by standing neutral in time of moral and human atrocities. Those guys being attacked need someone to speak up for them at least.

Guys we have to speak up so that our diversity remains intact. Agatu comes to mind. That village is a complete shadow now. It's also happening in Southern Kaduna and Adamawa. Lineages, tribes, generations, nations are gradually being exterminated.

We can't let this continue, guys we can't. My heart bleeds now. If there is anything you can do to make the cries of these people heard, please do.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Please I beg you guys, push this to FP, let it get to a larger audience.

someone ( some people ) somewhere is ( are ) benefiting from the crisis

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by iykomo0(m): 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
OK
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2018
free2ryhme:

someone is benefiting from the crisis
I think so too.

So the person is happy seeing defenseless children, women and men being ruthlessly killed?

How wicked can man's heart be

79 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
lokobyforch:
People are scared of the Chief Fulani Office (CFO) infamously know as Muhammadu Buhari.
It's pathetic that no decisive action has been taken by the President and security agencies

81 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by abeeee(m): 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
because most of the so called well meaning Nigerians are friends to the heards men

39 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by horsepower101: 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
With IPOB, everyone suddenly became an expert with an opinion. Restructuring was the national anthem.

But with Fulani herdsmen that is actually killing people daily, everyone is silent.

IPOB that carries microphone is more dangerous than Fulani herdsmen that carry AK-47.

294 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by lokobyforch(m): 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
It's pathetic that no decisive action has been taken by the President and security agencies

I make bold to say that Muhammadu Buhari is behind them.

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by emmie14: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
Surprisingly Buhari with his lengthy epileptic readings on 1st January made no mention of Fulani herdsmen. He owns 150 cows and a Fulani. People have written, shouted and echoed through media yet the presidency remain adamant. That is why restructuring is necessary where each state controls police of their own because Nigeria police seems not interested even the military. Hsbaaa Pa Buhari.
If the villagers try to revenge they will be arrested. Let's vote again.

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
lokobyforch:

He really needs to live up to his responsibilities

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
emmie14:
Surprisingly Buhari with his lengthy epileptic readings on 1st January made no mention of Fulani herdsmen. He owns 150 cows and a Fulani. People have written, shouted and echoed through media yet the presidency remain adamant. That is why restructuring is necessary where each state controls police of their own because Nigeria police seems not interested even the military. Hsbaaa Pa Buhari.
If the villagers try to revenge they will be arrested. Let vote again.
You are right. Villagers get arrested when they want to defend themselves

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by lokobyforch(m): 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I'm so pained seeing people running away from their fatherland because some group of people who carry sophisiticated weapons to tend cows attack them in their villages. Honestly I wish there is something I could do now to physically defend those guys no matter how costly.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

I admire your write up, I hope you have your PVC ready, come 2019 we must change this abysmal change

#buharimustgo

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by MummyIMadeIt: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
The day PMB would issue a statement concerning this amoral killings by his kinsmen, Nigeria would fall.

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
lokobyforch:

I admire your write up, I hope you have your PVC ready, come 2019 we must change this abysmal change

#buharimustgo
I have my PVC but before he leaves, we must protect as much lives as possible

54 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Enice(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
lokobyforch:

hypocrites, if there's anything like double standard, this is it. Over 21 christians just died in omoku rivers state about 2 days ago, you said nothing about it. Here you are blaming the General for something that has been an issue in the north since God knows when. Ekiti state promulgated a law last year about this issue, you are here blaming the President. God will judge you for your hatred of this country.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
MummyIMadeIt:
The day PMB would issue a statement concerning this amoral killings by his kinsmen, Nigeria would fall.
It seems so because I can't imagine how comfortable he feels seeing all these atrocities

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by lokobyforch(m): 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I have my PVC but before he leaves, we must protect as much lives as possible

True talk...

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
When the Okada man from daura got himself injured on a bike that was bought with stolen funds, the POLICE, ARMY, CIVIL DEFENCE, DSS, ROAD SAFETY, AIR FORCE, EFCC, GOVERNORS, SENATORS, MINISTERS, PASTORS, IMAMS FORMER PRESIDENT, etc
were all VISITING, PRAYING, REACTING, CONDOLING, SYMPATHIZING, MAKING ARRANGEMENTS TO FLY HIM ABROAD, RENOVATING HOSPITAL FOR THE FIRST FAMILY etc, but when it comes to the COMMON MAN, THE MASSES, all of them go quiet.

“A nation’s
greatness is measured by how it treats its
weakest members.” Mahatma Ghandi

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by lokobyforch(m): 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Enice:
hypocrites, if there's anything like double standard, this is it. Over 21 christians just died in omoku rivers state about 2 days ago, you said nothing about it. Here you are blaming the General for something that has been an issue in the north since God knows when. Ekiti state promulgated a law last year about this issue, you are here blaming the President. God will judge you for your hatred of this country.

Why are you crying more than the bereaved, PMB and his cohort are on top of the situation and happy about the massacre. Shame on you for defending this shame we call president.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Pepsi101:
When the Okada man from daura got himself injured on a bike that was bought with stolen funds, the POLICE, ARMY, CIVIL DEFENCE, DSS, ROAD SAFETY, AIR FORCE, EFCC, GOVERNORS, SENATORS, MINISTERS, PASTORS, IMAMS FORMER PRESIDENT, etc
were all VISITING, PRAYING, REACTING, CONDOLING, SYMPATHIZING, MAKING ARRANGEMENTS TO FLY HIM ABROAD, RENOVATING HOSPITAL FOR THE FIRST FAMILY etc, but when it comes to the COMMON MAN, THE MASSES, all of them go quiet.

A nation’s
greatness is measured by how it treats its
weakest members.” Mahatma Ghandi
The bolded is So apt

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
Enice:
Those murderers have never been this bold in this nation's history.

They act like people playing out a script

31 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
Lalasticlala please take this to FP

1 Like

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
The bolded is So apt
Seeing the steady killings of defenseless people by some blood thirsty criminals and the deafening silence of people who ought to speak up and challenge these killers is very disheartening.

29 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
Pepsi101:
Seeing the steady killings of defenseless people by some blood thirsty criminals and the deafening silence of people who ought to speak up and challenge these killers is very disheartening.
I just can't seem to get the right wordside for it.

It saddens my heart

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by aolawale025: 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
Many just want to be politically correct so as to keep the benefits they have

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I just can't seem to get the right wordside for it.

It saddens my heart
Perhaps, because they are poor and of no economic value, maybe because they are from the wrong tribe and their aggressors from the superior tribe.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
aolawale025:
Many just want to be politically correct so as to keep the benefits they have
This is so true.

But at the expense of a thousand lives?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
Pepsi101:

Perhaps, because they are poor and of no economic value, maybe because they are from the wrong tribe and their aggressors from the superior tribe.
Every individual has an economic value including beggars.

I think they only reason while they seem ' superior' is because they are always the armed aggressors. No one has monopoly of violence

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by knowledgeable: 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I'm so pained seeing people run away from their fatherland because some group of people who carry sophisiticated weapons to tend cows attack them in their villages. Honestly I wish there is something I could do now to physically defend those guys no matter how costly.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

It will forever continue because its root lie in false hood and conspiracy heaped on Igbos primarily by Yorubas that have almost destroy the Igbos. While the Yorubas are busy with their media out of extreme hatred of the Igbos creating the impression that Igbos are tribalistic, hateful and etc, deliberately avoiding with their media the real haters and killers of Nigerians.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by pauljumbo: 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
Leaders are silent because they don't want to embarrass the oga at the top

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Won’t Stop Bombing, Militants Tell FG / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Called President Buhari "Incompetent" (Video) / IGP Appoints 13 New AIGs, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.