Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located (17504 Views)

See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2018
greenhulk:

If ur car has an arrow then be sure ur fuel cap is in the same direction as the arrow. If ur car has single exhaust then be sure ur fuel cap is on the opposite side of the exhaust. But when ur car doesn't have the arrow and it has double exhaust, how would u know where the fuel cap is? Op said it's on the same side as the nuzzle and hosepipe which is not entirely true.

I have dual exhaust and they are in the middle.
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 5:38pm On Jan 04, 2018
iAudio:

Your instrument cluster is not of your car

Display yours that is clear here for us to see....
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Completely true ..I havr known this for years and its been always correct

You need to up your comprehension skills.
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2018
psalmson001:

The OP is totally wrong there coz i just checked a 2007 honda city. It has no indicating arrow, the nozzle on the fuel pump symbol is on the right side, but the fuel tank cap is on the left.

Good observation.

Same applies to Toyota Camry 2000 model.
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by SalamRushdie: 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
uboma:

You need to up your comprehension skills.

You said "its not entirely true" and I say it is entirely true yet you want me to upgrade my comprehension skill grin. Na wa oo
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You said "its not entirely true" and I say it is entirely true yet you want me to upgrade my comprehension skill grin. Na wa oo

Yes o!

The op's post is not entirely true for all cars.
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Also not true on MY07 Mini Cooper S.

Oh, for you guys driving the Peugeot 404, you're on your own grin

Lol.

The Peugeot 404 is a rugged car.

Been a while I saw one in good shape in Abuja.

Where have you been, Sir?

It's been a while.....
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2018
lonelydora:

You have bought a converted car.

Define the term 'converted'please?
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
greenhulk:

Have u ever seen any car with the nuzzle located on the left? This is 2005 honda pilot, rhe nozzle is on the right and fuel cap on the left. Did I also buy a converted car?

Pardon Lonelydora.

He is only trying to sound relevant but in reality, we know the truth...
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
greenhulk:

If ur car has an arrow then be sure ur fuel cap is in the same direction as the arrow. If ur car has single exhaust then be sure ur fuel cap is on the opposite side of the exhaust. But when ur car doesn't have the arrow and it has double exhaust, how would u know where the fuel cap is? Op said it's on the same side as the nuzzle and hosepipe which is not entirely true.

Spot on.
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
uboma:

Lol.

The Peugeot 404 is a rugged car.

Been a while I saw one in good shape in Abuja.

Where have you been, Sir?

It's been a while.....

Thank you, Sir.

I went on my annual self-imposed sabbatical. It gives my "friends" on here someone else to gnar on for a while grin

I'll really like a 404 Pickup as a shop vehicle.
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thank you, Sir.

I went on my annual self-imposed sabbatical. It gives my "friends" on here someone else to gnar on for a while grin

I'll really like a 404 Pickup as a shop vehicle.

lol.

You are greatly missed by your fans (I am one) though.

I am sure your other 'friends' have missed you too.....

Gone are the days when Peugeot cars were really built for the road.

The 404, 504 and 505 trims were great cars during their time and still counting....
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 04, 2018
uboma:

lol.

I am sure your other 'friends' have missed you too.....

Gone are the days when Peugeot cars were really built for the road.

The 404, 504 and 505 trims were great cars during their time and still counting....

I sent this to Peugeot via Twitter. They didn't respond back. I think they've disowned it grin

1 Like

Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I sent this to Peugeot via Twitter. They didn't respond back. I think they've disowned it grin

lol.

It will cost a fortune to restore this.

But the way some Nigerians abuse cars is unimaginable.

They load these cars with so many items that they don't care about the recommended carrying capacity of the car by the manufacturers.

And many of us lack the will and ability to maintain these cars....
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by Ishilove: 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2018
uboma:

lol.

You're a fan of an arrogant, disrespectful prick.

Wow, the internet really fools a lot of people.
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by uboma(m): 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
Ishilove:

You're a fan of an arrogant, disrespectful prick.

Wow, the internet really fools a lot of people.

Hey.

You do not make decisions for me. And please don't try to rubbish my choices next time.

Have you forgotten how arrogant and disrespectful you were at some point?

2 Likes

Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by donpap: 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
Not applicable to all cars.
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by Ishilove: 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2018
uboma:

Hey.

You do not make decisions for me. And please don't try to rubbish my choices next time.

Have you forgotten how arrogant and disrespectful you were at some point?
My friend don't 'hey' me.

Stop being so frigging defensive and agressive all the time. It's irritating.

I'm not trying to make decisions for you. I was simply making an observation, but in the typical uboma fashion you draw your lightsaber and brandish it like an armchair warrior. It's very irritating (x2)

Every little thing you bring out your claws as if one is fighting with you. Mscheeeeew.

Don't bother replying because I will not respond. Good night
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by DJperdurabo: 3:29am On Jan 05, 2018
Nonnyflex:
that's how it is in cars until the ignition is on.... Let's say that's your lesson for the new year

Touche!
Re: A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located by asawanathegreat(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2018
What of bicycle where can we locate d fuel Gauge?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving / TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) / Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.