Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570925 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Jane1234f(f): 3:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Thank you Rachael for the dedication

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for the dedication

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 6:57am On Jan 23, 2018
Cbella Weldon ooo.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 6:58am On Jan 23, 2018
Jane1234f:
Thank you Rachael for the dedication

Abeg the update nau? I no see any.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 6:59am On Jan 23, 2018
Pearl05:
Oba Weldon oo, maybe Daddy Afam will give him better job but no eye crystal biko.

lol
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 7:00am On Jan 23, 2018
Pearl05:
Cbella Weldon ooo.

Eheh, What I do na
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 7:02am On Jan 23, 2018
cbella:

Eheh, What I do na

Na just greetings ma.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2018
Hope there's nothing sis rachealfst? We are waiting too long
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:58am On Jan 23, 2018
AFAM
I was so happy at the way things turned out. I cannot express how I feel. Meeting my daughter and Amara was the best things that have ever happened to me in years. I had a flash of the scenes when we sat at the dinning eating. I wish that was my real family. That's what a perfect family should look like and not what I had back home.

On our way back to the hotel, I couldn't help but thank God. Happiness was written over Oba's face too. I looked at him and I wish to know him more. He doesn't know who I am, I only told him about my family and still he rendered a selfless services for me. He only collect is normal wages from me nothing more.

We got to the hotel and Oba wanted to leave immediately he dropped me off but I beckoned on him to stay. I needed someone to celebrate with. He agreed and we went into my hotel room together.
I ordered for an expensive wine. We started talking and discussing about my new found Family.
"Daddy Afam, Crystal's mum really surprised me, she was so quick to forgiven you even Crystal"
"Thank God for holy spirit who had even minister to her before I got there. So it was easy for her to believe me and that convinced Crystal too"
"Thank God for Holy Spirit. So she's even spiritual, I love that"
"Me too, not Beatrice. I can't remember the last time she stepped church and because I was still under her spell too, I never thought of going to church. Thank God for that friend of mine who led me back to Christ"
"We thank God for setting you free from the shackles of that woman"
"Now I have lot on my mind Oba. I don't know how to make it up to them"
"We are talking about many years here, you can’t make it up to them in a day. Just take it one step at a time"
"Yes I will"
____________________Toyin Taiwo
"Your daughter took after you a lot"
"Yes......" I said smiling proudly. "She had my height, brain, lips. Imagine we even love the same food" I pointed out.
He was with me till evening time. I ordered food in the evening, I made sure Oba ate before he left. I handed over #20,000 to him. Which he collected gratefully.

When he left I called the Pastor in Enugu and told him everything. He prayed with me and advised me not to stop praying. I also called my friend back in Enugu to put his mind at rest. He has been calling all through the week. He said my wife had been pestering him but he told her he knew nothing about my disappearance.

Some senior employees from the company too called and I told them I'll be back in a week’s time. I should have called some close relatives but I didn’t because of Beatrice. I lost my parent at a very tender age. Everything I am today has been God. And by God’s grace I'm who I am today.

CRYSTAL
I closed an hour earlier so I could pay my dad a visit at the hotel he lodged. I had to leave Silver at the office. I told her to join the staff bus for that day.
I got to the hotel, I met with the receptionist. I was asked if he's expecting me. I told them I didn't inform him. The receptionist called his room, he told them to let me in. I was given his room number.

"Good day sir" I said immediately he opened the door. He gave me a bear hug. It's all written all over his face how excited he was to see me.
"You didn't tell me you are coming"
"I didn't tell anyone not even my mum"
"Really! Have a sit, it's nice to have you here. I never have someone visit me except Oba"
"Thank you" I said and took a sit.
"Coming from work?"
"Yes I left work early, I had a less busy day at the office so I decided to check on you before going home"
"What can offer you?"
"Nothing I won't be staying long or else I'll get stucked in traffic"
"Ok then"
"How long have you been staying here, this hotel is sure expensive?"
"Close to two weeks now”
"Your search for us as really cost you a lot"
"The most important thing is that I found you. I was able to make peace with you and your mum. That's priceless my dear"
"So you stay in the room all day?"
"Most times, I have no one here and Oba has to work. He advised me to go downstairs to the restaurant, bar and the pool. So I do that once in while"
"Hmm...can I come take you out this weekend at least to unwind a bit" I requested.

"Yes...yes, I'll love that. At least we'll get to know little about each other"
"Yea. So I'll pick you up by 10.00am on Saturday morning"
"It's fine by me"
"Ok, I have to run now, I'll see on Saturday" I said and picked my bag.
"Alright my dear, thanks for stopping by. My regards to your mum" he said and saw me off to my car.
I got home, parked my car in the compound. I went through the connecting door that leads to the supermarket to greet my mum. I left the store and went upstairs where I freshened up and made dinner for myself and mum.

Mum joined me later upstairs and I told mum I went to check up on my father. She was surprised though. I thought she will scold me for seeing him without informing her but she didn't complain. Instead she was happy I made the move. I also told her about the plans we have for Saturday. I asked if she cared to join us but she said I needed time alone with him

On Saturday by few minutes past ten, I was already at the hotel. I picked him up and I drove down to one of the best relaxation center I can think of in Lagos.
We settled down, I got us refreshment and we got talking. He told me so many things about himself, his family and business.

He told me about his children who gave him nothing but sorrow. He told me how his wife indulged them and transformed them into what they are presently. He said she never allowed him disciplined them. The kids grew up to see him as the bad father who hate them while they see their mum as the one who loved them.
“I failed as a father, I also fail as a man who can't control his own home. I don't even have a responsible child that can carry on my legacy. My friend's children are doing well, some of them have even placed their children at strategic post in their company. I dare not try that because I didn't produce a graduate. It's either one stop school while the other was rusticated. And another did not even make an attempt to study at all. They believed their father has money enough for them to spend. Everyone working in my company are outsiders” He opened up to me.

I don’t know what to say. All I could say is all his well.
"Crystal, I'm really proud of you, even as an only child your mother trained you well and look at you today" A stray tears escaped his eyes and he dabbed it with his handkerchief.
"Don't be too hard on yourself. As for your children. You can still help them by praying and counseling them"
"I pray it’s not too late. I feel like staying here. I have peace here Crystal"
"Don't say that, your life, business and Family are all in Enugu”
"You think I still have a life there! Especially now that my eyes are cleared. Legally I'm an unmarried man and those sons of belial, I can't stand them for a minute"
"Still...." He cut me short.
"Crystal I leave home early and come back late every day to avoid them. I'm the owner of the company I'm the first to get to the company aside the securities and last to leave the company"
"Is it that bad?"
"I did all these to avoid them. I made sure my office gave me all the comfort I needed. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in my office. I specifically delegate that job to a cook. Or how long do you think I'll continue to eat at restaurants"
"Your wife don't cook?"
"She has no time, her business is more important"
“Then she should have employed a cook"
"She changes cook every month"
"Why is that?"
"They can't stand her, so they leave after collecting that month's salary"
"Jesus Christ!” I said with my mouth open.
"I didn't just divorced her on the basis of cheating alone. She's a daughter of Jezebel"
"Still, You can't just abandoned everything you've built your whole life"
"What about you, you are my family. You need me”

"I'm fine without you, you know that, of course I wish you live here. But some other things needs your attention than me"
“You are just as selfless like your mother”
"I really feel sorry for you. And I was here thinking that you had a happy and perfect Family. I used to think your legitimate children are lucky to have their father to them"
"Far from it my dear"
"Irony of life"
"Crystal!"
"Sir?"
"You are better than three sons" he said with a tight smile"
I took his hands in mine. "Dad" I said and he smiled heartily. That was the first time I call him dad.
"Thank you, I've been longing to hear that from you"
I smiled. "All will be well Dad, that I'm sure off”
After our heart to heart talk. I took him to a place where he could unwind and lift his burdened heart. It really worked by the time we returned back to the hotel he looked so happy and full of life.

I dropped him off at the hotel and went home. I got home, drove into the compound and saw Soma's car. I sighed before turning off the ignition. Then my phone rang. It was Dad, I smiled and pick up. He asked if I was home and I told him I just got into the compound. The line went off, I picked my things from the car and went inside.

SOMA
I went to Crystal's place. She didn't know I was coming. She has been avoiding me so I decided to go see her at home instead of the office. I met her mum at the supermarket. She said she's not in. But she went into the house with me and she entered me that is Mummy Ejiofor for you.

Crystal walked into the sitting room and met her mum and I. She greeted her mum and I stood up giving her a side hug. She told us to excused her and she left for her room. Before she returned Mummy Ejiofor said she needed to be at the supermarket. Shs left and I concentrated on the TV.

She went into her room and came back changed into a short and tank top with her hair packed into bun. I guessed she showered her face was without make up and she still looked beautiful. I just wished she'll be mine again.
"You didn't tell me you are coming" She said with a sharp tone.
"Crystal!"
"I didn't mean it that way. What can I offer you"
"Mummy had done that"
"Good, how's your cousin? My secretary" she smiled to what she said.
"She's good and she told me everything she said to you"
"I'll soon fire her. If she thinks she has immunity because of you then you should start preparing to get her another job because she'll soon become jobless" she said sarcastically.
Silver had told me a lot about Crystal even before I knew she was her secretary. She always gushes over her boss. She idolized her.
"Don't mind her manners, she's doing that because she knew you like her and won't fire her"
"I'll shock her soon" she shrugged.
"But seriously. Now that we've settled the rift between us, let's start afresh. I mean from been real friends again. And let see how it goes"

“We’ve always been friends and you'll always be my friend"
"That’s not true. We only act as friends when we are among the others. You even gave me rules” I pointed out the fact.
"That was then, we've moved pass that, you are right here sitting right next to me in my sitting room"
"That was because I made the move to come"
"Ok. I get it, friends again"
"No more holding back?"
"No more holding back" I made her stand up and hugged her. I really missed our friendship. I remembered the old times. I released her and took a sit beside her.
"So... How did it go with your Dad. Mummy told me you went out with him"
"I thought it will be boring but it was actually fun. We are getting to know each other"
"That sounds good"
"And guess what?" She asked with enthusiasm.
"Can’t guess, spill it"
"Somadina..... I like my Dad already and to crown it all he has a good heart!" She said sounding like a spoilt child.
I took a good look at her. Now my friend is back. The Crystal who tells me everything.
"Now you wanna make me cry. You just reminded me that I lost my father"
"I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way" she said and put his two hands on her cheeks. I can see that she was overly excited about her father. And I'm happy for her. She had grown up without a father.
"It's ok, it's getting late I better take my leave"
"Ok, thanks for stopping by"
"Yes and thanks for accepting me back as your friend"
"That! You never stopped being my friend"
"What about dinner during the week to celebrate this?"
"Are you asking me out on a date?"

"It's not date as in..... date that kind of a date. Just dinner. Me and you"
"Ok" She agreed.
"I'll call you. I can come pick you up at the office. I'll have someone take your car"
"I thought you said it's not that 'kind of date' She said quoting me.
"Why are you reading meaning to this thing. Ok, I'll send the address of the restaurant"
"Good, see it then"
She saw me off to my car but I checked on Mummy Ejiofor at the supermarket before I left.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:03am On Jan 23, 2018
emmytemmy:
Tanx for d lovely update ma,God bless u and increase u ma.i love so much love dis update,is gud to forgive so dt we can av a free heart.
Amen, thank you. God bless you.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Fasinaomolade: 9:19am On Jan 23, 2018
you never stop amazing me .You are a dedicated,consistent lady , you are a darling GOD perfects all that concerns you dear.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by anneboy02(m): 9:27am On Jan 23, 2018
rachealfst:
@anneboy02 and yewande1234. Welcome on board.
Thanks ma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2018
A lovely update. Our crystal is happy now, mummy ejiofor is happy too. Please let mummy ejiofor and daddy Afam go out for catching up . They can still marry sef.

Cbella, Gloryejims, oly0511, makeuna kom.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by thiolhuwar09(f): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for the update, am really enjoying this story

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Gloryejims(f): 10:01am On Jan 23, 2018
Pearl05:
A lovely update. Our crystal is happy now, mummy ejiofor is happy too. Please let mummy ejiofor and daddy Afam go out for catching up . They can still marry sef.
I'm at the front already.. Thanks tho
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emmytemmy: 10:07am On Jan 23, 2018
@racheal,tanx so much for d consistent update.God bless u

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 10:57am On Jan 23, 2018
More grace ma'am rachealfst.

'It's not date, as in... date that kind of date....' I hope to tell that to someone one day
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 11:14am On Jan 23, 2018
Pearl05:

Catching up for where...... They should move on with other people grin grin grin
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sojikhing: 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2018
Best story have ever read and its a story that teach about a lot of things. This the type of story we need in our secondary schools not those nonsense teachers sells to make money. thumbs up for you mam.

Waiting got the next update.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by prettieO(f): 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2018
Wow!This is a re-union update,
from daddy Afam to Soma, u deserve it girl @Crystal

Nice1 @Rechealfst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by hpymoment(f): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
i cannot categorically grin express how i love this master piece of urs Toyin. i'm always all smiles when i am reading any update kiss

keep it up!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by wumsgreen(f): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
thanks for the update ma, u never disappoint God bless you real good

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 2:02pm On Jan 23, 2018
Anything about LOVE is about TOYIN
I can predict the end of this story correctly
May be we will have tog o for honeymoon in Paris this time around
Rahaelfst start packing your baggage
Let me prepare fresh popcorn to go with.....
Weldone.....Soma and Crystal....hehe I am watching u both
Well done TOYIN

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by honourable356(m): 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
...."Not that kind of date"!

The fear of rejection. Yeah, I can relate.

Not wanting her to turn him down, he obviously choose the safest route even though it is obvious that she Loves him same way he love her....a text book strategy for the men..hehehe

This story undoubtedly would teach alot...especially on patient and love... what a beautiful movie it will make.

Miss Taiwo Toyin, right?
This is one hell of a story.
You exceed expectations!

Thank you for the entertainment and lesson so far.
You have my attention and Support today, tomorrow and a hundred years from now.

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2018
wonderful reunion. I guess the broken edge has been fixed.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2018
Beautiful story , God will continue to grant you wisdom

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for the update ma'am, more power.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by oly0511(f): 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
Pearl05:

I just dey one corner dey observe them though sometimes the characters do confuse me

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by vickyluvspices(f): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2018
Yehhh! rooting for soma and crystal...tanks 4 d update.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
Pls can u help us put up the update like three times a day? Suggesting anyway. Thanks so much
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2018
Following bumper to bumper.....
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Eddyella(f): 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
Oba should nt be d one 2 destroy d relationship crystal nd Somadina re about 2 start o,if nt gbege go happen.#Team Crystal nd Somadina#Following d story like kilode.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.