Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,042 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570762 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by honourable356(m): 10:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
Adesina12:

Thanks for your observation bro.
I missed the cousin part ...the person I am talking about is the lady that just joined crystal friends clique
Help me with her name....I think she's likely to replace crystal while crystal goes the other way
Sweet popcorn for you
Oh...*Nodding with new understanding**
Her name is Ezinne!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
unpredictedone:
reachealfst, thanks for the update.

I so muchlove the mental pictures, of how Crystal's mum has maintained her maturity throughout the story.

my advice to Oba is to maintain his captivating and well calculated lines , because we are going to rig Crystal's love for him by all mean even though am neither PDP nor APC.

That Soma of a rapist don't deserve her! he is to desperate to win crystals love back, over the dead body of our gallant senator dino melaye! lol.

Mr. Afam should be careful of how he takes decisions, moving his hard earn company to Lagos. Lagos no be Enugu oooh! I wish him best of luck. he shouldn't forget to call his pastor abeg, because I no trust Beatrice at all!.

If I know that DPO that collected 5million to do away with a drug related offence, the case will be revisited and transferred to IGP's office here in Abuja.

lastly, Crystals seem to be an extrovert, from all I have gathered from the story. I pray she doesn't bully our brother(Oba) aka mr. hustler
Hmm.....see political, technical and even spiritual analysis. I really love this. Thanks
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by honourable356(m): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
unpredictedone:

it's like one of the elders from igbo land is here.
I hope the igwe doesn't get to hear this?

Yeah, I get the humour!
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2018
honourable356:

Excuse me,I just don't get it...
What are you talking about here?
Are we reading the same story or you just err on your comment?

I don't actually care who will end up with who in this story... I am more concerned about the lesson in it.

Is Soma and Silver not cousins or are my eyes playing trick on me? if not what do you mean by Soma vs Silver

So when you say Oba vs Crystal... Soma vs Silver do you in anyway mean that they will end up getting married??

Cousins don't marry cousins... it is an abomination in Igbo land!!!
Don't mind Adesina12. it's only popcorn that he knows.lol.
Imagine, Pairing cousins. unpredictedtone will soon inform the igwe.

Anyways, thank you all for following.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by TAYO124: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
[quote author=rachealfst post=64526520] now" I said and alighted.
After buying the food stuff at the market, I drove to my
parent's house. My siblings came out when they realized I
was around. They moved the things I brought inside the
store for those that needed to be in store and also some
are kept in the kitchen.
We used to live in a face to face house before I started
working but I managed to get a room and a parlour self
contained apartment for them and luckily it also has a
store. After the initial payment was due my parents made
sure they renew the rent on their own. Claiming they don't
want to kill me with too much responsibilities as I also
have my life to live.

Toyin you should know how to condense some thoughts and not prolong issues. You stories will be more interesting if you learn the art. You can start with the excerpt I quoted from you above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Vickiey192(f): 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
rachealfst:
Dedication:
Vickiey192, Pearl05, Ebigbola, mayorchelsea, Nmagalit, Samson712, Bdemmy4real, Oyinda8100, Xteljay, ogunholla, seg005, Ennyolah

OBA
I took the last passenger for the day from Airport to Surulere. I needed to go to the market. From Surulere, I went straight to the market to get my parents some food stuff.
As the first child and only son of the family. I've made it a point of duty to always provide food for my family monthly. I stucked the house with food stuff that will last a month.

My parents are low income earners. They engage in petty trade that can hardly sustain the family. I have two other siblings. One just got admission into the university while the other is still in SSS 3. My shouldered my siblings responsibilities.

I had to work and school at the same time just to have my Bsc but after I graduated, I toiled and toiled but couldn't get a descent job. Thank God for a good man in my area that gave me one of his car to use as cab. He asked me to pay in installments which I did and the car is finally mine. He gave the car away at a very considerate amount. The man was also the one who introduced me to someone at the airport transport park and that was how I started working at the airport park. This fetch me more money as the cab fee at the airport is higher. And that was how I was able to keep the body and soul together and also take care of my family. And thank God for customers like Daddy Afam who pays well. I have quite a number of nice customers. Some have even offered to help me secured a better job. I believe God we provide one in his time.

After buying the food stuff at the market, I drove to my parent's house. My siblings came out when they realized I was around. They moved the things I brought inside the store for those that needed to be in store and also some are kept in the kitchen.

We used to live in a face to face house before I started working but I managed to get a room and a parlour self contained apartment for them and luckily it also has a store. After the initial payment was due my parents made sure they renew the rent on their own. Claiming they don't want to kill me with too much responsibilities as I also have my life to live.

One of my siblings has rushed to my mother's store to inform her I'm home. She came back and start showering me with prayers. I'm used to it cos I get that every time.
____________________Toyin Taiwo
She made Amala and ewudu laced with egusi for me. The fresh fish soup too was on point. She always made sure I'm the first to eat out of the very foodstuff I bought. And I always enjoyed it. My mum had PhD in making that particular meal. She's a good cook, I give it to her any day.

I was busy savouring my meal when my father came in. We exchanged greetings and my mother informed him of the things I brought and he thanked me and prayed for me too. My father was served too. He was still eating when I informed them I was leaving. They pleaded for me to stay a bit longer but I told them I needed to be somewhere.

I left my parent's house for Daddy Afam's hotel. He had called earlier and ask me to come see him.
I got to his suite and met Crystal. We all exchanged greetings. I sat close to Daddy Afam.
"Crystal just got here too. She still can’t believe I came back to Lagos" he said
"I was surprised too when you told me to meet you at the airport"
"Imagine, he even got a suite this time. Which means he's not planning to leave anytime soon" Crystal said with a worrisome look.
"It's like I'm not welcome here" he said feigning anger.
"Of course you are Daddy but...
"No but, just let me be"
"Ok sir" she raised her hands in surrender.
Daddy Afam ordered food for us but I exempted myself. He asked why and I told him I just ate a while ago at my parents.

Crystal and I both listen as her father shared life experiences with us. One of the reasons why I like being around him. He's words are inspiring and it motivates. He also told us he'll be going for a business trip in India next week Tuesday. He's very transparent to me also not only his daughter.
Later in the day, Crystal announced she was leaving. Daddy Afam saw her off to her car while I stayed back in the suite.

CRYSTAL
My dad walked me to the car and watch me Open the door and entered.
"You can go back now. Don't keep your friend waiting" I said referring to Oba as I was about to turn on the ignition.

"I'll join him shortly, I just want to watch you leave" he said smiling like I'm one special goddess.
I smiled back and try to start the engine but the engine refused to start.

"What's happening? Try to raise it"
I tried it repeatedly and I got the same result. My dad tried as well, nothing positive.

"I think she needs a mechanic. Automobile are really funny, it can develop faults anytime"

"Imagine I drove it here without an itch and now it won't start" I said sounding frustrated already.

"Let me call Oba, maybe he could help"

He called him and he came right away.
"Crystal is still around!" he said when he sighted me.
"Her car is faulty"

Oba got in and tried to no avail. He opened the burnet and checked the oil and all. He adviced I call my mechanic.
"My God! Not today... I need to be with my friends and they are already waiting for me. One of them just sent me a message on WhatsApp" I said.

"Oba can you please take her to where she's going?" My dad requested.

"Thanks, I said.
I called my mechanic and gave him the description of the hotel. I told him to call me when he’s here, so I can call my Dad to meet with him to give him the car key.
I gave my dad the key after locking the car.
He knew I wasn't happy. He collected the key and hugged me.

___________________Toyin Taiwo
"Cheer up my dear" he said and I smiled. "Take care. My regards to your mum"

"I will, thanks" I said and left with Oba.

He asked where I was going and I told him. On our way, Enitan called and I told her I'll join them soon.
"I can see your friends are anxiously waiting for you" He said.

"Yes, the funny thing is that I was the one who fixed the time and I'm late already"

"It's not your fault, don't be too hard on yourself"

"Yeah. Oba! Do you support my father leaving his family behind in Enugu. I still don't know what he's doing here in Lagos. Don't you think he’s been selfish"

"Selfish you say! If been happy is called selfish then I wouldn't mind to be selfish. If he's happy here, then we should let him be"

"I can see you knew his history too. He's not happy with his family at all"

" So, let's support his decision"

"Ok. We are here already"

"Yes" he replied and parked the car"

"How much is my bill?"

"I think the question you should ask is how will you get home from here?"

"I'll take a cab, don't worry about me"

"I know this area very well. Taking a cab here at night could be dangerous except you have a known cab man" he explained.
"No, I don't.

"If you don’t then it's dangerous"

I placed my hand on my temple trying to think.
"Don't worry I'll wait for you"

"No...no.. you don't have to do that. You know girls gist nau...we may not leave here until another two hours"

"Crystal! This is what I do for a living. That's the nature of my job. Sometimes I wait as long as five hours for a customer. Once the person is ready to pay for my time"

"You want to wait?"

"Sure or do you want your Dad to have my head if anything happens to you!" He said playfully.

"Ok, but I won't like to keep you in the car. You can come in and have some drinks. It's on me" I said.

"Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I'd rather wait here in the car. I’ll just while away time watching some movies I just downloaded.

"If you insist. I'll leave now" I said and alighted.

I entered into the restaurant faced with the prying eyes of my friends.
Me: Sorry ladies, my car broke down.

Thanks for the dedication

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 26, 2018
Pls i wouldnt want either of Afam, Crystal, mummy crystal to die o n pls spin d story in a way dat Oba will get to marry Crystal. Thanks n plenty kisses in advance

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
[quote author=TAYO124 post=64543192][/quote] Thank you. Noted.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by lonesome501(m): 11:51pm On Jan 26, 2018
chaii,,see me see vickiey192..mayb u should quote d entire story,come add d entire bible join

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by nerd51(f): 12:19am On Jan 27, 2018
lonesome501:
chaii,,see me see vickiey192..mayb u should quote d entire story,come add d entire bible join

cheesy cheesy
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by samwobi(m): 7:12am On Jan 27, 2018
Let Me Just Lay My Mat Here, So That I Can Easily Come Back After Obasanjo's Letter Which I Have Been Reading For Days Now.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by teel123(f): 7:25am On Jan 27, 2018
Thumbs up. yipeee. front page. Congrat oooooooo

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sexyolori(f): 8:04am On Jan 27, 2018
Adesina12:

Thanks for your observation bro.
I missed the cousin part ...the person I am talking about is the lady that just joined crystal friends clique
Help me with her name....I think she's likely to replace crystal while crystal goes the other way
Sweet popcorn for you
You mean Ezinne?

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mofy1(f): 8:13am On Jan 27, 2018
Vickiey abi kini won pe e bkiafull

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rchilee: 8:31am On Jan 27, 2018
front page? great

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Serafeal(f): 8:33am On Jan 27, 2018
FP tinzz o...Weldone@Rachealfst

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by superjaks(m): 8:42am On Jan 27, 2018
I've been reading this wonderfully packed story since day 1...i think at this juncture, I would like 2say THANK YOU AND MORE INK 2 UR PEN MA!!!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by philoedu(m): 11:18am On Jan 27, 2018
Really, quit interesting, but sorry why the -"Broken" because I think Mum and Crystal are both epitome of discipline and had working individuals very rare indeed. However more of it , thanks

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by oluwatoyinrotiba: 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2018
we are waiting for the next post oo

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
Rachealfst this one you haven't posted update nor respond on any comment, we hope you are fine. Have a beautiful weekend.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:49pm On Jan 27, 2018
Pearl05:
Rachealfst this one you haven't posted update nor respond on any comment, we hope you are fine. Have a beautiful weekend.
I'm doing great dear sis. Thank you. Happy weekend.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Thanks to everyone who have been following the story so far. Your comments are highly appreciated.
I have a message to pass across to some readers on this thread.
It is clearly stated that you should ask for the permission of the writer before posting this story else were but fine you don't have that kind of time right? But at least don't claim someone else's intellectual property. For me I don't think is too much for you to just put the name of the writer. Please is that too hard?
Some weeks ago, my church member sent me a message on Facebook. She said she just realized I was the one who wrote Anike and all the other stories she read online. All because she read from a WhatsApp group who failed to acknowledge the writer. And she said:
"I see you in Church longing to know the writer and I never knew it was someone I see every Sunday"

You guys should just do things right and be responsible. And do same for other writers too. You are not paying a dime for this stories but at least celebrate this great talent we have here on Nairaland.
If it's about the money, I won't share it here. I only want to reach out to people especially youth with the gift God gave me.
The story continues by God's grace.

Thank you all.
I'll update later in the evening.
Happy weekend!

21 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mattyjay(m): 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
I've been a passive nairalander for close to 10 years and this is the first time I've been motivated to comment. Nollywood is missing a great talent here. This is stuff great storywriters wish they can come up with but you Toyin, God blessed you naturally.
Keep up the great work. The sky is your starting point. Shalom

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2018
rachealfst:
Thanks to everyone who have been following the story so far. Your comments are highly appreciated.
I have a message to pass across to some readers on the thread.
It is clearly stated that you should ask for the permission of the writer before posting this story else were but fine you don't have that kind of time right? But at least don't claim someone else's intellectual property. For me I don't think is too much for you to just but the name of the writer. Please is that too hard?

You guys should just do it right and be responsible. I won't stop the story by God's grace. If it's about the money, I won't share it here. I only one to reach out to people especially youth with the gift God gave me.

Thank you all.
Happy weekend!

Awww.... Hmmm!! Forgive them. They are used to the wrong things that letting go becomes a problem, but they will get there.
God still sees your heart and that's okay.

I'm glad you dont want to be like some of us who are already running away from here lol.

We will however be on the look out as your fans and caution them.

I just woke up to check if you have updated lol... Going back to bed.

More grease to your elbows.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
mattyjay:
I've been a passive nairalander for close to 10 years and this is the first time I've been motivated to comment. Nollywood is missing a great talent here. This is stuff great storywriters wish they can come up with but you Toyin, God blessed you naturally.
Keep up the great work. The sky is your starting point. Shalom
Amen. Thank you, God bless.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 6:34pm On Jan 27, 2018
cbella:

Awww.... Hmmm!! Forgive them. They are used to the wrong things that letting go becomes a problem, but they will get there.
God still sees your heart and that's okay.

I'm glad you dont want to be like some of us who are already running away from here lol.

We will however be on the look out as your fans and caution them.

I just woke up to check if you have updated lol... Going back to bed.

More grease to your elbows.
Thanks so much dear, rest well. See you later in the evening. And have a great weekend.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Charminee(f): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
rachealfst:
Invites:

Samson712 , Gabriel6 AryEmber, shadows1 , whalesboss001 ,menwongo, MZmitchelle , bamssy,
bishop88 , AlimiYetunde, LadyMacbeth judette Ayoshewa12 Ibukzy, groundnut01 ICBBonita laidthrice Damigoro jmichael259 contactwale , ivumar ,muhammed50, Macfloyd7 eniolar0 , olabisi2000, Jonesboi, ogunholla olaayinkha, sussybaeAwelewap, sKeetz, Bobwitwicky
Charminee HeirApparent paulharry, NzeSteve, labelle123 itslyrix, showgolee laraemi phemmy429
despeakableme , Thobzeed Bookielicious PrestigeG razmub Kaybeeeee Seunfunmi18 Yemluvkid
Wongiwaynes, Shedyprosper Raeheemwayne novelBeast mubarakyoung , Emmyab Lordshola lyndaEliDaLaw22, pcaliphate CherylM, HeyIamWeirdToo, Major0303
Thanks 4 d mention. Nice story i'm luving it
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by WarriFirstBorn(m): 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
rachealfst:
I have a message to pass across to some readers on this thread.
It is clearly stated that you should ask for the permission of the writer before posting this story else were but fine you don't have that kind of time right? But at least don't claim someone else's intellectual property. For me I don't think is too much for you to just put the name of the writer. Please is that too hard?
Some weeks ago, my church member sent me a message on Facebook. She said she just realized I was the one who wrote Anike and all the other stories she read online. All because she read from a WhatsApp group who failed to acknowledge the writer. And she said:
"I see you in Church longing to know the writer and I never knew it was someone I see every Sunday"

You guys should just do things right and be responsible. And do same for other writers too. You are not paying a dime for this stories but at least celebrate this great talent we have here on Nairaland.
If it's about the money, I won't share it here. I only want to reach out to people especially youth with the gift God gave me.
The story continues by God's grace.

Thank you all.
Happy weekend!
It is evil and criminal to share someone's work without acknowledging him or her. I have shared a number of works here on my Facebook profile, but not without express permission from the owners of the work.
There was a time I asked for your permission to use 'Wrong number' but you turned me down. I remember you told me you had intentions of publishing the story.I remember something you told me that day. You said that you know I will still go ahead and do what's on my mind despite you saying no. I laughed when I read that. I said to myself that this Bae doesn't know me. I can never do that. I always make sure the permission is granted before going ahead to to use someone's work. I know the law too well to use someone else's work without permission or acknowledging the writer. Every story I have ran on my Facebook profile, I always make sure I make the readers meet the author. I have done that for all the writers I have used their works.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by yemsy13865(f): 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
I am so captivated wit dis fabulous story dat I burnt d food I was cooking.Thumbs up 2 U Ma���.Ur story dey totori my body oo��

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
Back to the story.
Please, I don't want us to derail this thread with the my last post. Let's just move on please. Thanks.

CRYSTAL
I entered into the restaurant faced with the prying eyes of my friends.
Me: Sorry guys my car broke down.
Enitan: When? I thought you said you were at your Dad's.
Me: Yes, it broke down at his place. My mechanic will pick it at the hotel.
Ezinne: So you took a cab down here.
Me: Sought of, my Dad's cab man brought me here. He was with us at the hotel at the time. He offered to wait till I'm through.
Hauwa: Don't worry Ezinne will take you home
Me: I totally forgot that Ezinne is with us now. Let me release the guy.(I made to stand)
Ezinne: Where are you going, you better sit. I didn't come in my car"
Me: Why?
Ezinne: My car is at the mechanic. I took a cab here too. I thought I'll go with you.
Hauwa: Geez.( She sighed)
Me: Don't worry Ezinne, Oba will take the both of us.
Enitan: Huh! Sorry. At least there's a cab waiting to take you guys home.
Me: Now what are we discussing today anyone with interesting gist? I asked and the gist began.
Hauwa: I heard there are hot guys at the telecom company. Any prospective boyfriend?
Hauwa asked after we were through discussing Enitan's love life and hers.

Ezinne: I don’t even have that kind of time at the office.
Enitan: I wish we still have free guys among us. I really wish for you to date within the circle.
Me: What do you mean by that we still have guys who are single nau... What happens to Onochie, Jay and Soma?
Hauwa: Wait! I don't understand. I thought Onochie is dating again and Jay also has a white girlfriend and Soma and you should be working out things.
Enitan: That’s true, I just remembered that Onochie is presently not seeing anyone.
Me: Onochie is not dating presently. As for Jay I never took his Relationship with the white lady serious and as for Mr Soma! We are not working anything out. You ladies should read my lips and don't go home running to your men. You people should not interfere in my business.
Enitan & Hauwa: Crystal!
Me: What! It's over between Soma and I! Girlfriends.....
Ezinne was just quiet although looking at us.
Hauwa: Babe! Give this guy another chance na. Don Allah(please)
Enitan: He still loves you. It's all written all over his face at the picnic.
Me: Well... it's like we are through for today. I think we should call it a day, I have someone waiting for me outside.
Enitan: Yes, it's late already. I won't push it today but we're still going to have this conversation again. Ezinne relax, ehn. The right guy will come around soon.
Hauwa: Yea, so you won't be the only Single lady amidst us.
Me: Hello o..... Last time I checked, I'm still single. And as for you Ezinne, you are going no where. I already know the who you liked among the guy’s. (I winked at her)
Ezinne: I don’t have eyes for any one o. Crystal please free me.
Hauwa: Hmm.... Crystal, feel us in na. Who is the guy?
Me: Don't you hear her, she said my assumption is wrong. Now Ezinne if you don't follow me now then you are on your own. Good night ladies.... I Enitan and Hauwa who are still looking confused. They hugged Ezinne too

We all left the restaurant. The other two left in their cars while Ezinne and I boarded Oba's cab.
Ezinne asked about the bills and I told her not to bother. We first stopped at Ezinne place to drop her off before heading to my house. Some minutes later we stopped in front of my gate.
Before I alighted, I thanked him and asked how much my bill was.
Will you just get down first and close the door?
I obeyed and did as I was told. Waiting for him to answer my question.
"I can't bill Daddy Afam's daughter! Go in, it's cold out here. My regards to your mum. Good night" He said and zoomed off. I couldn't even protest as he was far gone.
The gateman opened the gate for me. The door to the main house was locked so I made use of my keys. Mum was not in the sitting room, she wasn't in the kitchen as well. So I went to her room. I greeted her.
"I didn't hear you drive into the compound" She said and I downloaded the day's event to her.
"How will you go to work on Monday?"
I'll call the mechanic tomorrow after service. He should have fixed it by then"
"Are you sure the car will be ready by tomorrow. Remember tomorrow is Sunday”
"I hope so cos I can't remember the last time I took a public transport"
My Dad's call came through and I pick it after informing Mum, it's Dad on the line.
"Hello Daddy"
"Evening daughter. Oba said he just dropped you off at home"
"Yes and he didn't collect a dime from me Dad. And I spent more than four hours of his time"
"Really!"
"Yes, he said he can't collect money from Daddy's Afam's daughter" I said mimicking him.
"That’s so nice of him. I'll call him back to thank him"
Ok sir, good night. Sleep well"

"Good night dear, regards to your mum"
“I will...bye..." I said and the line went off.
"Oba brought you home!"
"Yes, including Ezinne her car is at the mechanic too"
"So he didn't collect money!"
"Yes mum"
"That guy always amaze me you know. I just like that guy, I think oba and your dad are best friends in their first life" Mum said and I smiled.
"Let me leave you, I need to be in my room now"
"Have you called him?"
"I don't have his number"
“Tell your Dad to send you his number"
"I will. Good night mum"
"Good night my darling" she replied and I left her room for mine.

__________________Toyin Taiwo

AFAM
On Sunday morning I got a call from Mr Kalu. He told me the team are coming to Lagos on Monday to inspect the new proposed site for the company.
We also discussed about my business trip to India. After the calls. I called my PA to meet me at the airport on Tuesday morning since we are going to be traveling together. I told him to leave Enugu on Monday and lodge in a hotel till the next day. I should have told him to come down to the hotel I'm staying but I want to be discreet as possible.

I was still dressing up for church when Oba showed up. I thank him for the help he rendered to Crystal the previous day.

After service I told him take me to his place. He was so surprised but I told him it's the right thing to do.
“Don't you think I should know where you live by now! My good friend?"
He smiled and he took me to where he lives.

He parked carefully in the compound. He greeted a woman he told me was his landlady. We entered into the neatly arranged self contained room. It's so obvious it's a bachelor's room. Nothing feminine on sight.

He was a good host, he even went as far as cooking for me. He prepared plantain and egg with a park of chilled juice.
"Oba! Man of many talents" I said teasingly actually referring to his culinary skills.
My phone rang and I checked the caller's ID. It was my family Doctor. I guess the DNA results is ready. I got scared of what the outcome will be.
"Sir, you don't want to pick the call" Oba said jolting me back to reality.
I picked the call expecting the worse but to my utmost surprise. The three children are mine. The doctor was a trusted one so I know nobody is playing pranks with me.
"What happened earlier. You looked so scared when your phone was ringing earlier” he said.

Then I told him about the DNA results to him. I told him I have to start planning on what to give them. I intend to give each of them their share of my property while I'm still alive cos I don't want anyone disturbing Crystal when I'm gone.
I received a message alert on my phone but I was engrossed with my conversation with Oba.
"I think you have a message" he said.
"I'll check it later" I replied.
Oba entertained me with old school music's which brought back fond memories. The only person I could think of was Amara as I reminisce.
"You are such a good host. I think I'll be coming here every Sunday" I complimented.
"And it's fine by me. You know I don't work on Sundays. So be my guest" He gestured with his hands.
I stayed for some time before he took me back to the hotel.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
Hi rachealfst
The issue of plagiarism has been in existence before we were born
I am sure it will continue after our demise
We have been fighting this over and over again
Nairaland is a baby in plagiarist world
They do it in real world to movie producers, musicians, artists, authors just to mention few
I have came across a website where you can read all the stories posted on nairaland and from other websites
Yoruba adage says 'ojo gbogbo n tole, ojo kan n tolohun, that everyday is for thief and one day for the owner to arrest the thief'
I can only pray to God to give our writers wisdom and knowledge and also to enrich them without limit
Kudos to all writers and thanks to readers association of Nairaland like myself
Well done for this great job
But this is a warning....if u drop this story here....I WILL NOT READ YOUR STORY LINE AGAIN
Sweetest popcorn for you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.