Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,664 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec (5103 Views)

Buhari Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC / Yoruba Elders At Summit Says: Only A Bastard Will Vote Jonathan / Photos From Fire Incident From INEC Office Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by babaogun(m): 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2010
Whoever replaces Iwu will still have 36 or so regional and state electoral officers to work with. I am not sure replacing him without the necessary electoral reforms will work.

Ujujoan:

A bad workman quarells with his tools! undecided
Not always. If he selected his tools, yes, if not, well, i get you sha, maybe he should resign!!!
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by oluagness(m): 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2010
ohisng:

Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Maurice Iwu has insisted that the electoral body did its best in the conduct of elections under him given the circumstances.

More on: http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/apr/08/newsbreak-08-04-2010-001.htm
He says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec. Who is idiot? Gentle man go and man your house
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by 77ken: 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2010
Then Ewu Iwu must be the biggest I d iot, he claims to have been performing miracles with the previous election conducted. so what the f ck is he is talking about. grin
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by otukpo(f): 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2010
Afam:

Are you cool with people trying for the sake of it even if any mistake could take 4 years to correct? I think having a system that works regardless of who is in charge is better than allowing people to try.

It is not just for trying sake.
We need a person of integrity who wldnt want to rubbish his name anyhow in the name of politics.

Iwu is definitely of no reputaion to give a credible election. He has tried and failed, and he said that was his best.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by alldone(m): 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2010
the problem is the Nigeria system. they will put you there and dectate to you. then they will dump you.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by paddylo1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
IWU MUST GO, our problem in Nigeria is we like to do things upside down
In a more sensible clime,the likes of iwu would have long resigned(to spend more time with the Family/children)
but in nigeria he is still giving useless interviews
what a douchebag

@Becomepoor

What has maps of cities in Nigeria gots to do with the issue of IWU
Abi u don colo finish?
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by chiozor: 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
for once can we reason and stop whinning out of sentiments.
are you telling me that Iwu is so daft to put dowm Micheal jackson, micheal ferguson e.t.c on the voter's register. I witnessed that in Awka personally during the national identity card scheme, people put down fictious names even with (explanation of people around on the importance of the exercise),saying they donot want their names in Nigeria but in Biafra, now if such names are published, will you blame Ministry of Interior
Nigeria are bad losers, our culture of cheat makes all to cheat even where there is good system, what if none of the politician approach INEC for lobby and decide on santity of people vote, will IWU manipulate that. In Abia State, PDP planned all ways to cheat and PPA cheated more than them, and they are calling IWU names.
Is it IWU that is in Abuja that hire thugs, bribes electoral officiers in community wards e.t.c
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by chidichris(m): 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
even the so-called kidnappers and armed robbers are not helping matters.
iwu is calling all of us idiots and they will leave him to kidnap pete edochie and osuofia.
our present set of kidnappers shld also resign because they have failed us.
if only these kidnappers will get hold of iwu or any vital member of his family, he will give them money enough to change business as well as saving us of the stress to be quarrelling with this man on daily bases.
let us accept the fact that he has tried as he claims, this is the time to quite. just give way for someone else to try.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Kabikala(m): 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2010
I don't think we should be satisfied with just clamouring that Iwu must go. We should ensure that he proceeds to jail for denying the Nigerian people their votes as attested to by the elections in Edo, Ekiti, Ondo, Anambra, Cross-River, Kogi, Adamawa, Sokoto, and in hundreds of senatorial, House of Representatives and States Houses of Assembly elections in 2007. He should also be made to pay for the lives of many Nigerians who were killed while protesting the electoral robbery.
I am firmly convinced that no reasonable human being would want Iwu to conduct any elections in Nigeria ever again. All credible institutions, organizations and individuals have been unanimous in calling for Iwu's sack: US, EU, NLC, NBA, TMG, Falana, Save Nigeria Group, Enough is Enough, Soyinka etc.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by chidichris(m): 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2010
f
or once can we reason and stop whinning out of sentiments.
are you telling me that Iwu is so daft to put dowm Micheal jackson, micheal ferguson e.t.c on the voter's register. I witnessed that in Awka personally during the national identity card scheme, people put down fictious names even with (explanation of people around on the importance of the exercise),saying they donot want their names in Nigeria but in Biafra, now if such names are published, will you blame Ministry of Interior Huh
Nigeria are bad losers, our culture of cheat makes all to cheat even where there is good system, what if none of the politician approach INEC for lobby and decide on santity of people vote, will IWU manipulate that. In Abia State, PDP planned all ways to cheat and PPA cheated more than them, and they are calling IWU names.
Is it IWU that is in Abuja that hire thugs, bribes electoral officiers in community wards e.t.c

@chiozor,
i like ur sense of reasoning but look at this. osama is wanted for 9/11, was he part of the group that carried out the actions?
bush is blamed for the wars in afghan and iraq but is he among the soldiers in the tow countries or what if the soldiers say, WE ARE GOING NO WHERE?
if u know the name okonjo iweala, she came in and saw how dirty the system was and tried to change the system but when she found out that the system has more possibilities of changing her, she left.
who is a leader? a leader is that one who has the legal powers to make rules and regulations guidng the act of others. on the other hand, making a law is one thing, enforcing the law is more important and punishing offenders is the most important one here.
chris uba of anambra state confessed to rigging in the state, what did he get? a promotion to the position of the chairman anambra state board of trsutees - pdp?
we all know that iwu is not really in charge but he is making us to believe he is in charge.
let the man go because he is a disgrace to proffesorhold. how can he descend so low at to be used by a retard despite his qualifications?
the embecile was bold enough last time to say Ghana and the usa have a lot to learn from the nigerian electorial system. check am urself, wetin nigeria wan teach these two countries, no just check am.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by eros(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2010
I pray his exploding will lead to his death. . . . .ANIMAL. angry angry angry
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2010
whether iwu is replaced or not,nothing will change.
the point is Iwu has 'chopped' his own slice of the national cake,let another person take his/her turn
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2010
The Sun is very good at sensationalism, before anybody make noise about being called idiot let someone show me the full text of Iwu's speech showing where he called anyone idiot. If he did then he is making a mistake, if he did not then the Sun must learn to take it easy.

That said, I don't think anyone is in doubt what my position on this issue is. There is no need to campaign for or against Iwu because at the end of the day it is up to the Commander-in-Chief to make his choice in June.

However here are some food for thought:

Afari Gyan the Ghanaian electoral chief who is now being hailed as a hero has been in office for 18years. In this period he conducted earlier elections that were widely condemned as being a shamble. Some of such elections include the transition of Jerry Rawlings from Military leader to democratically elected leader.

Food for thought: Since independence our country has been unable to count itself. We have been unable to have a credible CENSUS since indpendence. The last time I checked Maurice Iwu has not been in-charge.

Food for thought: Beaf talks about 1993 elections being free and fair. But you forget that most Nigerians did not believe IBB was going to handover and the struggle and quest for power through the ballot seemed unrealistic. Could that be an explanation for why Nigerians did not cheat so much and why people respected themselves? Because there was no reason to cheat? Could it be that the perception that the excersize was a charade gave the process an unexpected decorum?

Food for thought: Jonnie Carson says he wants Maurice Iwu removed. Please Jonnie Carson be our guest. Come to Nigeria and conduct free and fair elections let us see.

I have said this and I will say it again. Elections are a reflection of the character of a Nation. It says more about the country than it does the electoral chief.

Does Maurice Iwu's INEC need to improve? Absolutely. But Edo and Anambra have shown that Iwu's INEC have the capacity to improve.
Anybody else appointed will have the luxury of learning on the job and will conduct the next election as a rookie chairman with just months in the job.

If Jonathan believes that sacking Iwu or not renewing his tenure will amount to changing our electoral fortunes then Goodluck to him. We should give our support to whoever is appointed INEC Chairman.

But the fact remains that if you like appoint Kofi Annan. There will be rigging in 2011 because that is just who we are as a Nation for now.

The earlier we stop discussing Iwu and start focusing on how to set up a credible National identification system with credible pictures and biometric data the better for the future of our children. Our generation has simply failed but we have a choice to pass on a different future to the next generation or we can continue pretending we have no problem that Maurice Iwu is the A-Z of all our electoral problems.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by wirinet(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2010
I do not believe someone can exonerate Iwu for our electoral misfortunes.  It is live an Architect blaming the workmen for the collapse of a house he designed and supervised.

So who is to blame for the non display of Voter's register in order to correct mistakes. Iwu kept on lying that he had complied with the Law by displaying the voter's register when all he did way to organize a stage managed show for the camera. meanwhile majority of voter's could not check their names. This made it possible for mike tyson and Fela to vote in the elections. Anambra elections was a very good example of Iwu electoral skills, where over 80% of registered voter's were excluded.

Who was to blame for the non serialization of ballot papers used for the presidential elections, who approved the design and award of contract for the ballot papers?

Who supervised the Ekiti debacle, when we are told that Madam (can't remember her name now) was still part of the INEC family after being declared wanted by the police and meeting with Iwu.

Who gave himself pass mark after the 2007 "non elections" only for the courts to find many of the elections flawed. Some of the elections of 2007 are still being nullified 3 years after.

The list goes on and on, but the bottom line is Iwu is very incompetent and must not be allowed to organized any more elections in Nigeria.

So jokers here are praising Iwu for declaring that elections should be declared at the polling units, In the 2007, elections a lot of elections were declared at the polling stations, the problems is the announcement of results from either the state INEC secretariat or Abuja, where they write a different result. And the laws state that one a result is declared  by the REC, only the courts can reverse the results, which can take up to three years.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by soyad: 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2010
Iwu is a complete diagrace especially to the academia , that he is still in office shows the level of insanity in our land . I dont know how he acquired the capacity for so much evil and he expects Nigerians to stupidly accept his idiotic actions .For the records the Anambra election was the most scientifically rigged election in Nigeria , let no one be decieved , the voters register was manipulated by inec and its collaborators so that APGA can emerge as the winner ,no wonder Ojukwu wants him retained , i am sure one day he will pay for his many sins
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2010
I just hope they will make the necessary changes ahead of the 2011 election.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by oge4real(f): 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2010
Iwu is nothing but a scumbag and a shameless idiot.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Fhemmmy: 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^^ Na person husband and papa be that oh
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2010
Honestly, I thought this was a done deal.

I thought it was the general consensus that
IWU IS INCOMPETENT.

How so quickly, this whole ''the environment is the problem''
or ''the politicians are the problem'' has gained currency
just baffles me.

And it is no surprise that many of his defenders have come
from the Igbo community out of some warped sense of tribal
loyalty.

For God's sake, even the Anambra elections where he beats his
chest disenfranchised a vast section of the voting public. And the
politicians by and large behaved themselves.

His incompetence is compounded by his befuddling obstinacy and
inability to admit he has got it wrong .

Perhaps if he did, he might have corrected some of the many things
they have got wrong over and over again.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Obeledu: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2010
soyad:

Iwu is a complete diagrace especially to the academia , that he is still in office shows the level of insanity in our land . I dont know how he acquired the capacity for so much evil and he expects Nigerians to stupidly accept his idiotic actions .For the records the Anambra election was the most scientifically rigged election in Nigeria , let no one be decieved , the voters register was manipulated by inec and its collaborators so that APGA can emerge as the winner ,no wonder Ojukwu wants him retained , i am sure one day he will pay for his many sins

Were you in Anambra during the election?. Majority of people that did not find their name on the register are APGA supporters. We all knew that IWU and Peter Obi are not the best of friend, so how can he help him rig election.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 08, 2010
doyin13:

IWU IS INCOMPETENT.

just baffles me.

loyalty

That you suggest the bit in bold also betrays the possibility that you hold opposite view for the same reasons.

If you think people are supporting Iwu because of tribe you are simply telling us you malign him because of his tribe.

If you think people are only supporting him because they have been paid, you only tell us that those of you who oppse him are doing so because those who want his job have paid you too.

If you have the view that people can not hold a political view without being driven by sentiments or interests then you are simply betraying what drives your own thought process.

Let us agree that people can hold various views thats democracy.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2010
doyin13:

IWU IS INCOMPETENT.

just baffles me.

loyalty.

From you?  shocked The same person you who admitted Dora had a really poor record as Minister of Information, but was still went ahead to suggest she be reinstalled in yet another ministerial position just because??   shocked shocked shocked I expected you to understand the reasoning of the IWU supporters by that. lol
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Afam(m): 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2010
doyin13:

IWU IS INCOMPETENT.

just baffles me.

loyalty.

Classical! Once you cannot use logic to defend a position turn it into a tribal stuff and you are good to go.

Must we turn everything into tribalism or is it impossible to see things without tribal prisms?
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by whizkid10(m): 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2010
[color=#006600][/color] I think iwu shld step dwn 4 another credible nigerian,if he connot admit electn flaws.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 5:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
Lol. . . .

Perhaps I should mention that I recognise many
of his critics, vocal as well as silent are also Igbo.

So it is not a tribal issue at all.

Besides, I have also held up as a model elsewhere
the performance of Professor Nwosu who is Igbo.

And I have no qualms with Olisa Agbakogba taking
the job, and he also happens to be Igbo.

But it has to be said, the biggest sponsor of this new
Pro-Iwu movement is the Imo state governor and the
proposition that seemed improbable not too long ago
has taken a life of its own.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2010
mikeansy:

That you suggest the bit in bold also betrays the possibility that you hold opposite view for the same reasons.

If you think people are supporting Iwu because of tribe you are simply telling us you malign him because of his tribe.

If you think people are only supporting him because they have been paid, you only tell us that those of you who oppse him are doing so because those who want his job have paid you too.

If you have the view that people can not hold a political view without being driven by sentiments or interests then you are simply betraying what drives your own thought process.

Let us agree that people can hold various views thats democracy.

Oh. . .they can hold views they want. I won't deny them that.
But for the likes of Ohakim and Dim Ojukwu to now be agitating
on behalf of Iwu just is a bit below the belt considering at various
times, they and their interests have been negatively affected by
the dismal performance of the organisation this man leads.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2010
Afam:

Classical! Once you cannot use logic to defend a position turn it into a tribal stuff and you are good to go.

Must we turn everything into tribalism or is it impossible to see things without tribal prisms?

and this is unnecessarily alarmist. . . .

I made several points there but the only one that
of course matters to you is the ''tribal'' one misunderstood
no less.

Perhaps you can sensationally address the issues of disenfranchisement,
issues of logistical incompetence raised by me and others as well.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by YD(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2010
mikeansy:

well said.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2010
doyin13:

Lol. . . .

Perhaps I should mention that I recognise many
of his critics, vocal as well as silent are also Igbo.

So it is not a tribal issue at all.

Besides, I have also held up as a model elsewhere
the performance of Professor Nwosu who is Igbo.

And I have no qualms with Olisa Agbakogba taking
the job, and he also happens to be Igbo.

But it has to be said, the biggest sponsor of this new
Pro-Iwu movement is the Imo state governor and the
proposition that seemed improbable not too long ago
has taken a life of its own.

The issue is not whether Maurice Iwu is Igbo or not.

The issue is we have just a couple of months to the elections which will be too critical for anybody to learn on the Job.

What I would do if I was Jonathan is to appoint more credible Nigerians as Electoral Commissioners to fill up the body of ECs. There should be about 13 but I think as we speak there are about 4 because Yar'adua has been too ill to do so all this while. With that you mandate them to deliver in 2011 and encourage more organisational decision making process as opposed to one-man-riot sqaud.

If after 2011 we are not satisfied we simply ease out Iwu and appoint a new chaiman from the body of ECs to carry on, just to encourage continuity and improvement.

All this Agbakoba, Anyaoku, Soyinka, bla bla bla. They all sound impressive. But how much can they do in the next few months? The system is more challenging than you think.

Jonathan can do what he likes. But let's just get real.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by sayso: 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2010
Iwu you inclusive,idiot
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2010
Doyin

Ojukwu has publicly denied agitating for anybody.

He simply said it is up to his employers the FG, to determine his future.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 5:26pm On Apr 08, 2010
mikeansy:

The issue is not whether Maurice Iwu is Igbo or not.

The issue is we have just a couple of months to the elections which will be too critical for anybody to learn on the Job.

What I would do if I was Jonathan is to appoint more credible Nigerians as Electoral Commissioners to fill up the body of ECs. There should be about 13 but I think as we speak there are about 4 because Yar'adua has been too ill to do so all this while. With that you mandate them to deliver in 2011 and encourage more organisational decision making process as opposed to one-man-riot sqaud.

If after 2011 we are not satisfied we simply ease out Iwu and appoint a new chaiman from the body of ECs to carry on, just to encourage continuity and improvement.

All this Agbakoba, Anyaoku, Soyinka, bla bla bla. They all sound impressive. But how much can they do in the next few months? The system is more challenging than you think.

Jonathan can do what he likes. But let's just get real.

There is no denying the logistical challenges.

Some of us might have downplayed them
but crucially from what I can gather. . .so has IWU himself.

And that is the crux of the matter.

The Anambra elections put paid to this argument of the Politicians
being at fault.

Yes the politicians are as crooked as they come, but their job is made
easier by the organisation that umpires the elections.

IWU has run an organisation not fit for purpose and failed at its most
basic responsibility.

Whoever takes over the job hopefully will be honest about the challenges
so that people outside the organisation can help proffer solutions to the
problems they might face.

No more, one week to elections, we find a charade of a voter's register.

NO MORE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. / Anambra Governorship Town Hall Conversation Live On Channels TV / First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers, June 1959 - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.