Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy (20416 Views)

Obaseki’s Convoy Escapes Robbery Attack By Whiskers / The Accident Victims Involving Obaseki’s Convoy (Graphic Photos) / Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by JusticePlanet: 8:49am On Jan 05, 2018
There's something more...
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Jesusloveyou: 8:52am On Jan 05, 2018
sabama007:
BUA Vs Obaseki

Innosson Vs GTB

iPOB Vs NIGERIA

Poor Vs Rich....

Which way 9ja?

Let's divide to have peace of mind biko
American vs the world.
Why not divide American from the world to have peace in the world.
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Mrkumareze(m): 8:55am On Jan 05, 2018
Just to handicap BUA like they did to IBETO. God is watching us, same Dangote who never repaired any of the damages his truck did to the roads in Benin

1 Like

Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2018
Okay. smiley
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Themandator: 9:09am On Jan 05, 2018
Nwodosis:
It will not be easy to give him Ibeto treatment because he's from the North!

Dangote don't thrive in a competitive environment.... BUA must be muscled out.

1 Like

Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by limeta(f): 9:21am On Jan 05, 2018
Up north only northerners mine their resources
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by joenor(m): 9:26am On Jan 05, 2018
Nor be recently obaseki dey settle this okpila cement mata, while would he go attack the man?
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:36am On Jan 05, 2018
From the point of the law it seems all good. ...Dangote is obeying the law while BUA is breaking it but scratch a little and you will see the real war.

Dangote has mines elsewhere he can mine and be in business... he has virtually bought off all lucrative mines in the country leaving the one in Ebonyi because Ibeto is unrelenting....what did he do..... get the place shut down ... Ibeto the rightful new owner can't work there and the community can't do anything about it since it was the government that shut it

The same thing with Edo ... BUA needs the mine to keep operation at optimum ...Dangote needs it as an addition not necessarily for operation to keep on. So he enters into a fight with BUA over ownership and gets the court to declare stop work rather than expedite action and give judgment ...this stop work can last for ages

BUA investment lies idles for the time it takes the court to adjudicate while Dangote grows even bigger as he remains in business with no active competition.

It is a case of King Solomon divide the child because it won't hurt me

Ikechukwu09:
I think this is the right move. BUA has been funding a militia in Okpella community and has refused to sign a community development agreement with the community. What it does is just to pay the royal father some money and that is it.

The people of Okpella do not occupy any management position in the company because BUA say they are not qualified. Will you tell us there is no one with at most an MBA in that community.

After muzzling the community, they are now hellbent on disregarding the federal and state government. This is not how a responsible businessman should behave, if you ask me.

We were around two days ago when the state governor came around and the people were insulting him when he was leaving the King's palace. If you go to that community, you'll see the kind of animosity the company has sown in the minds of the people. Families are divided because of the activities of this company and the coming of Dangote. At most, can't this two companies coexist in the community without rancour?

The boys, who are militias many rumour are funded by BUA, even set a blockade by burning two tyres along the road when the governor was leaving the King's palace.

I think it is better to sue for peace and this man should go and answer his father's name with the Police.

1 Like

Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by loomer: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2018
Wetin be the motive of the attack. What has he got to gain?

Make Una no just dey lie for people head sha
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 05, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Please they should allow peace to reign in Edo state or they should leave in peace .
Yes ooo, peace is all we want in Edo State and that is what I believe the governor also want. We can't afford to have an Edo State where companies will be fueling conflicts among the people while their businesses continue to make gains. BUA should do the needful and await the court final judgement. Let's not forget that the governor has said he is taking proactive step to forestall the breakdown of law and order as it seems that the community is divided with some persons supporting BUA and others are for Dangote...we should all support peace
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Originalsly: 9:42am On Jan 05, 2018
jerseyboy:

In civilized climes the governor must recues himself from anything to do with this matter as his extreme closeness to Dangote signals a BíG conflict of interest.

He cannot be seen as an impartial arbiter when he is so deep in the pocket of one of the actors.

We must all learn in this country to raise the moral and ethical standards of our public space to Western standards to obtain the results of Western societies
How do you think Western societies got their standards? ... by governors sitting and watching companies operate above the law? ... that's what you want him to do because he is Dangote's friend so he must not get involved? What the governor is doing is exactly what governors do in civilised climes.....and what other governors should grow the balls to do in their States. We have been so used to corruption and mismanagement that when someone does the right thing we see it as the wrong thing and that is the biggest problem preventing us from moving forward as a nation...corruption of the mind.
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:47am On Jan 05, 2018
jerseyboy:

In civilized climes the governor must recues himself from anything to do with this matter as his extreme closeness to Dangote signals a BíG conflict of interest.

He cannot be seen as an impartial arbiter when he is so deep in the pocket of one of the actors.

We must all learn in this country to raise the moral and ethical standards of our public space to Western standards to obtain the results of Western societies

Agreed.

Whatever the true situation is, there is already the perception that Obaseki is biased. He should have taken this into account and handled the situation better.

1 Like

Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:51am On Jan 05, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:

Why una community no fit gather money open mine, you think they are a charitable organisation? Don't they pay tax? CDA is supposed to be for the community and company to understand themselves and so that the community can take the company to court if they fail to do what they said they will do for the community.
Also there is no law and it does not happen anywhere in the world that because a company came to your village means your village person must become MD automatically wtf?

If na Chinese Company now you no go hear nothing!
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by ozimec(m): 10:11am On Jan 05, 2018
thebell2:

http://thebellng.com/breaking-police-declare-bua-cement-md-wanted-over-attack-on-obasekis-convoy/

I'm not really happy the way Nigeria politics is going. It's becoming too dangerous and unhealthy for our economy.
We shouldn't keep protecting and promoting one mans business at the detriment of others because he supports the government. Everyone must not support you, allow their legitimate business to thrive because it will help boost the economy of the nation. Wade into their dispute, settle their differences and support both businesses to grow. It pains me when I see government taking side in a matter like this. Many genuine businesses had been frustrated in the past by the government because of useless politics and politicians.
We can't continue like this, many people today who do not want to do politics are afraid to do business because they may never succeed if they don't support the government of the day. How can we attract investors?

1 Like

Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by analystben(m): 10:21am On Jan 05, 2018
thebell2:

http://thebellng.com/breaking-police-declare-bua-cement-md-wanted-over-attack-on-obasekis-convoy/
No Arrest Warrant for BUA MD says Police HQ
The Nigeria Police Force Headquarters in Abuja has denied issuing a warrant of arrest for the Managing Director (MD) of BUA’s Obu Cement Company, Engr. Yusuf Binji.
The Force Public Relations Office (FPRO) Jimoh Moshood who spoke in a telephone interview on Thrusday night said there was no directive to arrest Engr. Binji describing the news as mischievous and an attempt to drag the name of the Nigeria police through the mud.
It would be recalled that the Special Adviser on Media to the Edo State Government, Crusoe Osagie, had on Thursday issued a malicious press release saying the Police has issued a warrant of arrest for the MD alleging that he (Binji) perpetuated an attack on the convoy of Governor Godwin Obaseki after his visit to Okpella. This revelation by the Police puts the Media aide's wild allegations to question.
Meanwhile, a former aide to the Government House has revealed a plan to discredit BUA Group and disrupt its operations in the State.
The source who pleaded anonymity said the State Governor, Godwin Obaseki has been under serious pressure to act fast on the lingering Mining dispute between BUA Group and Dangote Group. He said the arrest warrant was a charade to deceive the public and get sympathy for actions against BUA Group who has an ultra-modern USD$1.2billion dollars investment in the state.
According to him, “You and I know the whole government coming into the dispute is planned. And the plan is to force BUA out of business or frustrate them just like others. I wouldn’t want to mention names but we know them and we know they are champions of certain companies who just seek to remain sole cement producers in the market.
“In fact it will shock you to know that yesterday’s convoy attack was stage played just like they have faked many other things in the past that I wouldn’t want to mention. You know Obaseki is a businessman, he knows what he is doing and I can tell you, he doesn’t care if BUA has over USD$1.2billion investments in the state or not, he wants Dangote in and to do that, he must act the script perfectly.
“So I am not surprised. He is busy calling for investors yet the ones in his state, he is fighting, what then is he encouraging in this hostile business environment he is creating for Edo state? For me, I see the action of the government in taking sides as playing the master’s script and it is bad for the business and economy of the country and also flies in the face of the Ease of doing business policy of Buhari's government“.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by APL33: 10:57am On Jan 05, 2018
Ikechukwu09:
I think this is the right move. BUA has been funding a militia in Okpella community and has refused to sign a community development agreement with the community. What it does is just to pay the royal father some money and that is it.

The people of Okpella do not occupy any management position in the company because BUA say they are not qualified. Will you tell us there is no one with at most an MBA in that community.

After muzzling the community, they are now hellbent on disregarding the federal and state government. This is not how a responsible businessman should behave, if you ask me.

We were around two days ago when the state governor came around and the people were insulting him when he was leaving the King's palace. If you go to that community, you'll see the kind of animosity the company has sown in the minds of the people. Families are divided because of the activities of this company and the coming of Dangote. At most, can't this two companies coexist in the community without rancour?

The boys, who are militias many rumour are funded by BUA, even set a blockade by burning two tyres along the road when the governor was leaving the King's palace.

I think it is better to sue for peace and this man should go and answer his father's name with the Police.

Ikechuku. pls don't talk in length when u don't have the fact.

1.Which militia? those are youths. they know the governor is an errand boy.
2. animosity? for my village? which of the families are at war because of dangote?

Dangote that has been given two huge lands to set up a factory for how many years.

Moreover, the governor shouldn't have closed a SITE in Edo for a dispute in Kogi.
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by PHILipu1(m): 11:15am On Jan 05, 2018
slick1:
If he attacked the governor's convoy he should be made to face the law. But I doubt if that will happen cos Bubu is still in power and all northerners feel untouchable right now.

Even the shoemaker on the street walks with so much swagger and confidence these days knowing fully well that Buhari is there for them
Did anybody stopped you from walking with swagger when Jonathan and PDP where there?
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by evansjeff(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2018
jerseyboy:

Was dangote allowed to work on the mine either? Why do you guys attach sentiments to everything?

SMH, too many kids on Nairaland these days
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by olajizz01(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2018
Stupidity at it peak,the man called Obaseki is trying hard to handed all Edo natural resource to his master(Dangote).Even he is planning to give him all the forest in the state,the forest that people have been cultivating cash crop for more than two decades,he is planning to chase them away.

1 Like

Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2018
Originalsly:
How do you think Western societies got their standards? ... by governors sitting and watching companies operate above the law? ... that's what you want him to do because he is Dangote's friend so he must not get involved? What the governor is doing is exactly what governors do in civilised climes.....and what other governors should grow the balls to do in their States. We have been so used to corruption and mismanagement that when someone does the right thing we see it as the wrong thing and that is the biggest problem preventing us from moving forward as a nation...corruption of the mind.

In any society a governor should go to jail for begging private jet plane rides on every travel from a private businessman like Obaseki is currently doing with Dangote. It is corruption. In America that governor will literally go directly to jail.

It is possible Obaseki is doing the right thing here. The problem is he cannot be seen as impartial as his relationship with Dangote makes him conflicted and hence he must remove himself from deciding on this matter.
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by nduchucks: 11:50am On Jan 05, 2018
If law enforcement agencies had evidence and presumably witnesses to support the notion that BUA sponsored militants, why wasn't the MD arrested before the reported assault?

I also wonder why these communities ask for handouts from corporations who invest in mining activities in their areas after the corporations have met all legal requirements to mine. Can't the people of these communities partner with businessmen and mine themselves instead of being lazy and stretching their hands out for freebies?
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
jerseyboy:
Obaseki na Dangote boyi boyi.

Make una surfrey sha

One day Edo people go wake up claim their stolen Commonwealth.

Please defend your statement .how is he dangote boyi boyi?
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by JayPP: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
First, I will like to commend Governor Godwin Obaseki on the maturity and self control he exhibited at Okpella in the face of brut confrontation. For some governors, hell would have held sway, and both innocent and the manipulated lives would have been cut short. The governor, even at the detriment of his own life, must have instructed his security details to hold their fire in his value and respect for the sactity of life. Thank God no life was lost.

Comming to the debate and postulations on the incident, I will encourage everyone to view the issue more from the economic angle rather from the polical. Governor Obaseki from all I can understand is simply out to provide a level-playing ground in Edo where both the existing and would-be ideal investors can thrive on and compet healthily in the overall interest of Edo citizens and residents. This can be seen when one takes out time to subject his proper and successful organisation of the recently held Edo Economic Summit to focused perspective. As I read in the dailys, the summit attracted the cream of industrialist from Nigeria and beyond irrespective of race or tribe. If the governor tends to promote monopolistic business practices, he wouldn't have bothered convening a such an open summit where nobody is excluded, or would he? In summary, and from my observationw, Mr. Obaseki in his sincere desire to reposition Edo state is simply working for the economic emancipation of Edo citizens and residents, an emancipation that will bring about the urgenly desired youth employment needed to cub the fruitless migrations to Libya and Italy. Obaseki should therefore be admired and encourged. He is a seasoned investment banker as I learnt, and as such can never work to promote one investor to the detriment of another. I see him as someone who will never go contrary the principles of open competion and free market, for if he does, it will definitely work against his economic libration agenda.

Finally on security and the rule of law, the security agencies in Edo state should please sit up to their statutory duties for justice and order to thrive. Thank God no life was lost in confrontation faced by Governor Obaseki's convoy. But the question is, must the police wait until an attack on Obaseki's convoy to act on an allegedly earlier received intelligence report What about the DSS that should be at the helm of government's intelligence gathering mechanism, or are they not on ground in Edo state? On such an intelligence report however reliable or reliable the source could be, I am sure an Ifeanyi Uba would have since been arrested and detained for weeks of interogations without bail. Help Obaseki to deliver in the interest of the people.
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Originalsly: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
jerseyboy:

In any society a governor should go to jail for begging private jet plane rides on every travel from a private businessman like Obaseki is currently doing with Dangote. It is corruption. In America that governor will literally go directly to jail.

It is possible Obaseki is doing the right thing here. The problem is he cannot be seen as impartial as his relationship with Dangote makes him conflicted and hence he must remove himself from deciding on this matter.

Fair response!.... True in the first...conflict of interest... even to have free lunch or plane ticket... but in this case the court made the decision...not the governor...and the company is disregarding the court order.Should Dangote do the same and the Governor turn a blind eye...then there is definitely a problem.
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
Originalsly:
Fair response!.... True in the first...conflict of interest... even to have free lunch or plane ticket... but in this case the court made the decision...not the governor...and the company is disregarding the court order.Should Dangote do the same and the Governor turn a blind eye...then there is definitely a problem.

I actually suspect the governor is doing the right thing. It is the conflict of interest that bothers me. I held Obaseki to a higher standard than others because he studied classics. I said here comes a thinking man. He cannot stoop low to the level of others. While he might be doing wonderful things as governor his statement that he rides private jets which at that time state paid for to save money was too much for me. Migrating to Dangote's jet is equally unhelpful.

1 Like

Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
jerseyboy:
Obaseki na Dangote boyi boyi.
Make una surfrey sha
One day Edo people go wake up claim their stolen Commonwealth.
Hand work of their major competitor, Na wao
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by Dsov2016: 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
analystben:

No Arrest Warrant for BUA MD says Police HQ
The Nigeria Police Force Headquarters in Abuja has denied issuing a warrant of arrest for the Managing Director (MD) of BUA’s Obu Cement Company, Engr. Yusuf Binji.
The Force Public Relations Office (FPRO) Jimoh Moshood who spoke in a telephone interview on Thrusday night said there was no directive to arrest Engr. Binji describing the news as mischievous and an attempt to drag the name of the Nigeria police through the mud.
It would be recalled that the Special Adviser on Media to the Edo State Government, Crusoe Osagie, had on Thursday issued a malicious press release saying the Police has issued a warrant of arrest for the MD alleging that he (Binji) perpetuated an attack on the convoy of Governor Godwin Obaseki after his visit to Okpella. This revelation by the Police puts the Media aide's wild allegations to question.
Meanwhile, a former aide to the Government House has revealed a plan to discredit BUA Group and disrupt its operations in the State.
The source who pleaded anonymity said the State Governor, Godwin Obaseki has been under serious pressure to act fast on the lingering Mining dispute between BUA Group and Dangote Group. He said the arrest warrant was a charade to deceive the public and get sympathy for actions against BUA Group who has an ultra-modern USD$1.2billion dollars investment in the state.
According to him, “You and I know the whole government coming into the dispute is planned. And the plan is to force BUA out of business or frustrate them just like others. I wouldn’t want to mention names but we know them and we know they are champions of certain companies who just seek to remain sole cement producers in the market.
“In fact it will shock you to know that yesterday’s convoy attack was stage played just like they have faked many other things in the past that I wouldn’t want to mention. You know Obaseki is a businessman, he knows what he is doing and I can tell you, he doesn’t care if BUA has over USD$1.2billion investments in the state or not, he wants Dangote in and to do that, he must act the script perfectly.
“So I am not surprised. He is busy calling for investors yet the ones in his state, he is fighting, what then is he encouraging in this hostile business environment he is creating for Edo state? For me, I see the action of the government in taking sides as playing the master’s script and it is bad for the business and economy of the country and also flies in the face of the Ease of doing business policy of Buhari's government“.

pls under which administration did that aide serve
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by darqly(m): 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
It's so obvious that this is FG trying to muscle out BUA because of Dangote, so brazen at that. The man should stand up to them jare, Dangote doesn't play by the rules, doesn't even know the rules sef.
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by IkeBuya: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ikechukwu09:

Do you think it's right to appoint somebody without the requisite experience to a management position simply because the person is an indigene?
Re: Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy by IkeBuya: 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
The Yusuf that I know will not get involved in attacking a governor's convoy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Held Bilateral Talks With President Of South Africa In Japan / Ebonyi Governor Umahi Tests Positive For COVID19. Hands Over To Deputy / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2 Hunters In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.