Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation (42074 Views)

Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) / Osun Speaker Timothy Owoeye & Aides In Hospital After Convoy’s Accident (pic) / The Accident Victims Involving Obaseki’s Convoy (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by BleedingPen: 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
Seven people have been confirmed dead in an accident involving the convoy of Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki.

According to report, the accident involving the advance team of the Governor, occurred today along Benin-Auchi expressway.

They were said to be on their way to Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, ahead of Obaseki’s visit for the 22nd convocation ceremony of the school.

Several other persons including one of the Governor’s driver and Government House protocol, were also injured in the accident.

Punch reports that the accident occurred when a Toyota Hilux van on the Governor’s team had a head-on collision with a passenger Audi car.

Three other survivors were said to have been rushed to the Central Hospital in Benin City for urgent medical attention.

The State Commissioner of Police, Danmallam Mohammed, who confirmed the incident, described it as “very unfortunate.”

On his part, the Edo state commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Anthony Oko, said two children died on their way to the hospital.

Oko said all occupants of the Audi car died while driver of the Hilux van had injuries.

He attributed the cause of the accident to lost of control by the driver of the Audi car.

The FRSC boss said the driver entered a pothole and rammed into the hilux van.

http://www.campusgist.ng/aau-convocation-7-people-dead-as-obaseki-convoy-crashes/

1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by auntysimbiat(f): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
na wa oo
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by josephine123: 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2019
hmmmm... RIP to dem

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by buhariguy(m): 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2019
i hope idiotic pigs wil not blame osho for the accident

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by ogbuefi677(m): 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2019
buhariguy:
i hope idiotic pigs wil not blame osho for the accident
Get well soon bro

196 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by LoydJ(m): 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2019
RIP To the deceased

May How families continue to hide Under the Umbrella of Christ Blood.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by TheTourist: 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
WHAT A POTHOLE RIDDLED SOCIETY

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Mays24(f): 8:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
Not again undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by drPHDy: 8:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
And siii
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by iCauseTrouble: 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
If you know, you know

7 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by HigherEd: 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
So unfortunate. But an headlong collision? Probably the Governor's convoy was driving on way.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Rubbiish(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
They should leave Obaseki for us o wink

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Kendumazy(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ohh
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Rubbiish(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
Mays24:
Not again undecided
sad
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by helpmyministry: 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
I don't think this official story is the real story

Meanwhile, send me ya logo lemme give it a 3d look today. 1k only. If u gimme 5h, I go still collect. Let's build the rapport.

I can't wait to see how your logo will turn out

39 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by oyetunder(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
chai! What is always chasing our elected politicians ? They will be running like rockets for 8 years without any visible development. Whereas, in other climes where their elected leaders travel by public buses and obey traffic rules, we see developments. Obaseki...You do well.

24 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
things happened.

recklessness, bad roads.
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Slawormir: 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
I heard that shit this evening
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by MarianaTrench: 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
Dem don send am remote control grin
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by chigoziri2403(m): 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
Bad news and Nigeria
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Jh0wsef(m): 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hm
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by cinoedhunter: 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hmmmm angry this story no complete angry angry cuz I suspect that convoy with the way I've seen them driving and entering the lane of opposite vehicles because they carry siren and guns angry

24 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Ayemileto(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
embarassed

So FRSC Boss have started blaming the Audi car driver so quick.

Initially, the Audi driver lost control of the car,

Then he entered a pothole and rammed into the Hilux Van

But who is the eyewitness who gave FRSC Boss the account of the incident?

Because all occupants of the Audi car died, they've put the blame on the driver, meanwhile we all know how all this Governor's convoy drives on the road.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by mikaelword(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
BleedingPen:

http://www.campusgist.ng/aau-convocation-7-people-dead-as-obaseki-convoy-crashes/

We all know it's a lie that the Audi driver lost control. The convoy of these men in government drive reckless on the road. The FRSC has only found a way to cover the ass of the governor.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by firstolalekan(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ugly governor

Ugly state

Ugly school

Ugly situation

Rip!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Champele(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
And the governor was save but his sheeples died. I love him though. Rip!
Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
The government abuses everything, serves them right. My condolence goes to the passengers of the innocent Audi car who lost their lives.

Every time one witnesses the entourage of a governor or even commissioner pass by, it's always a collection of heavy special utility vehicles and Hilux vans driven at maximum speed by illiterates who do not even know how to utilize the security features of such exotic cars and worse still, do think they are better than other road users who had to park their cars so they have an Express road to display the normal Black arrogance.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation by Nanagom: 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
shocked all I can say is Etutu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of 12 Politicians Eyeing Buhari’s Seat / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand / "Why I No Go Make Yanga": Dino Melaye Steps Out In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.