Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator (28488 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions / Self-powered (fuelless) Generator Design / What Do You Know About Fuelless Generator? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Jungy: 11:57am On Apr 09, 2010
Who says there is brain drain in Nig, with different ideas flying on this innovation, one begin to wonder what the problem really is.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by switchmax8: 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
what we need in this country is a source that will give each household a constant electric supply not individual generating set.We are in nanotechnology age for christ sake how can our scientist still be talking of generator.Where on earth will this lead us to?Ghana cannot be talking of generating set though i really appreciate their effort but will not take us anywhere only for the scientist to make money from the subvertion the govt will approve for them.In usa they are talking of 4G technology even our so called 3G has not reflected enough we should sit and talk on how to solve the issue of electricity not some group of scientist that wan cheap recognision talking of cheap generating set.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by fuke(m): 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2010
Of course it is inverter. I wonder why Nigerians are so gullible. To generate  commercial electricity using battery?

By the time you  calculate the cost of battery, you will go  buy a gen. Since they have been doing this seminar how many homes do we have their fuel-less gen powering a fridge and deep freezer.

Deceit.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Akanniade(m): 12:21pm On Apr 09, 2010
Our journalists are so gullible and lazy. In this era of nanotechnology, nigerians still believe a perpetual motion machine is possible. Well I dont blame many nigerians who beleive such junk. I rather blame our so called proffessors who do nothng to properly educate the public. Even the term 'Nigerian Scientist' is rather ambitious.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by edoyad(m): 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2010
A hundred years ago some of the best scientific minds around said it would be impossible to be fly . The problem with us is our understanding of our environment is limited to what we know. We assume just cos we don't know about something right now that it will never come into existence. Do you know how much power a 14inch TV from the 80s consumed in comparison to a 40 inch LCD today ?
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by switchmax8: 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
The so called scientist are not only gullible but not productive.How can you be talking of generator that is fueless in this age when our neighboring african countries are going into more specific electricity that will benefit the whole country.Is that a subsitute for generator that uses petrol or gas?are they happy that our firms and factories are moving to neighboring african countries with stable electricity.This is errant nonsense should they keep on advertising the fluke called fueless.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by mecussey(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2010
We should learn never to use that word "NEVER" everything is possible but either the journalist or the scientists are still in there basics
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Afam(m): 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2010
fuke:

Of course it is inverter. I wonder why Nigerians are so gullible. To generate  commercial electricity using battery?

By the time you  calculate the cost of battery, you will go  buy a gen. Since they have been doing this seminar how many homes do we have their fuel-less gen powering a fridge and deep freezer.

Deceit.

There are homes that not only power freezers but ACs using inverter backup systems. Just to clarify and explain that you can power anything you want to power with an inverter and a battery bank as long as you have the money to pay for the batteries and the backup system is well designed and implemented.

I have not used a generator in my office for more than 6 years now and without electricity my office shuts down and the inverter I used was built by myself and have been building for others who are ready to implement inverter backup systems in homes and offices with 100% successful deployments so far.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by switchmax8: 12:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
what a shit.do you think using inverter as an alternative supply or saving energy cost is the best for the country?You are getting it wrong man think deep this country needs more than that if really we want to step into vision 2020
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Akanniade(m): 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2010
mecussey:

We should learn never to use that word "NEVER" everything is possible but either the journalist or the scientists are still in there basics
Not when the sensibility of people who know better is being insulted.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Afam(m): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2010
switchmax8:

what a poo.do you think using inverter as an alternative supply or saving energy cost is the best for the country?You are getting it wrong man think deep this country needs more than that if really we want to step into vision 2020

I may be getting it wrong but you are way off the mark. Who stated that inverter is the best for the country? Address issues raised, don't be in a hurry to oppose an issue that does not exist.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by An0nimus: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
Sun of god:

Think it runs of casava mixed with plutonium?

*dies*
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by An0nimus: 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2010
Sun of god:

Think it runs of casava mixed with plutonium?

*dies*
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by DL(m): 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2010
Make Jubaili brothers catch you, U wan spoil market for some people abi?
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by safeact(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2010
U people amuse me so much! A battery powered inverter can never be as liable as nepa. As i said before, d cost will b too high to achieve dr aim! What abt solar panel?
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by otokx(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
this is really mediocrity at its best.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by PurestBoy(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2010
safeact:

U people amuse me so much! A battery powered inverter can never be as liable as  nepa. As i said before, d cost will b too high to achieve dr aim! What abt solar panel?

We know how to fool ourselves
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2010
edoyad:

A hundred years ago some of the best scientific minds around said it would be impossible to be fly . The problem with us is our understanding of our environment is limited to what we know. We assume just cos we don't know about something right now that it will never come into existence. Do you know how much power a 14inch TV from the 80s consumed in comparison to a 40 inch LCD today ?

No mind them my brother. They might need to see these:

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
                                           ---------  Charles Duell, Commissioner US Patent Office 1899

"There is not the slightest indication that [nuclear energy] will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will."
                                            ------- Albert Einstein (Himself) (1943)

"We don't need a telephone, we have plenty of messenger boys"
                                            -------- Sir William Preece, chief engineer of the British Post Office, 1876

"Radio has no future. Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible. X-rays will prove to be a hoax."
                                            -------- William Thomson, Lord Kelvin, British scientist, 1899.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computer[/b]s."
                                            -------- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"[b]Radio has no future. Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible. X-rays will prove to be a hoax
."
                                            --------- William Thomson, Lord Kelvin, British scientist, 1899.

"The bomb will never go off. I speak as an expert in explosives."
                                           ---------- Admiral William Leahy, U.S. Atomic Bomb Project.

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value."
                                           ---------  Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre.

"There will never be a bigger plane built.”
                                           ---------- A Boeing engineer, after the first flight of the 247, a twin engine plane that holds ten people.

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"

--------- H. M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.

My brothers there are no 'experts' and there are no 'absolute' laws too. We've not seen year 5010 yet! grin

Remember Clark's Three Laws of Predictions:

[list]
[li]When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.[/li]
[li]The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.[/li]
[li]Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.[/li]
[/list]
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2010
I Have not seen or heard anybody build anything to their 'supposedly' scientific plans and have it work as advertised. A perpetual motion machine of the first kind (which is related to the fuelless generator) are wonderful dream for most scientist, but time and time again the laws of nature tend to squash them pretty quickly.

The whole concept of fuelless generator is the same as a Bedini motor, a device which is supposed to harness "free radiant energy" from the air to help charge a battery with a small generator/electric motor while the battery is running the electric motor/generator. This free energy is needed because there will be energy losses due to heating of the wires from resistance as well as friction for all the moving parts.

I normally try to keep things academic, but except you are economist, You can't get something for nothing in engineering.

I will be happy to be proved wrong  wink
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2010
Even U.S patent has refused the idea indefinitely except practically proven. I don't think any scientist or engineer would believe any thing that gives out without taking in.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by simplychic(f): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2010
Nigerians you have a big problems,you never appreciate your own.
You are all sitted behind the computer typing rubbish like you know much about sciences if you know this much what have you all invented.
The problem most of you are having is because you heard it was displayed in osun & invented in ibadan,if it were to be in aba or abriba now you'll hear this useless people praising whoever invented it. May God help this useless generations.
Even Jesus wasn't accepted by his own so i don't expect anything better from you guys.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by up2u: 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2010
The technology was first developed by one Technocrat Resource Group. I attended their seminar early this year and I will proudly say its a SUSTAINABLE POWER GENERATION method. I have been trying to design one for myself since then but have been too busy with work and source of material difficulty. This group claimed they have been for long frustrated by government to stop it but decided to tell Nigerian so they can design for themselves and put govr to shame. This is the basis of the technology:

1. An accumulator is used as the main power source.
2. Attach a D.C Motor to the rotating end of an Alternator(can be found in our normal generators)
3. Power this motor with the Accumulator which further turns the alternator.
4. Now since the current produced from the alternator would not be polarized, one would need a diode for polarization
5. Boost with capacitor
6. Now here is the secret of its sustainability. Use a transformer to step-up the output current to say about 240V OR 260V(the physicist can do that well or any electrician around u). Use this new output as input to your accumulator.
7. Thus the accumulator is been charged at thesame time is been used.

House, this concept is mind blowing. It can work 24/7 24/7 xcept for wear and tear which would set-in because of the rotation between the alternator by the motor. But lets be real, even if it would last you for just 1year you would have saved alot of money from buying diesel or fuel.

If u feel like knowing more here is my number (EDDIE)07025895782 or 08072249270 email eddie.jerry@yahoo.com

I still have some part of the live video i made during the seminar.

But remember I paid to learn. So u MIGHT pay to learn form me. ''JUST JOKING''
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Toyins(f): 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
Nawa o.

Why this agression? Why do you guy think its impossible. Nothing is imposibility.

I have seeing some guys on LTV (maybe LTV Trade Fair or so but am sure of the advert). Asking people to come for a training on how to build a fuelless generator. Why not do your own research? Find out the truth before condemning the idea.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Beaf: 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2010
up2u:

The technology was first developed by one Technocrat Resource Group. I attended their seminar early this year and I will proudly say its a SUSTAINABLE POWER GENERATION method. I have been trying to design one for myself since then but have been too busy with work and source of material difficulty. This group claimed they have been for long frustrated by government to stop it but decided to tell Nigerian so they can design for themselves and put govr to shame. This is the basis of the technology:

2. Attach a D.C Motor to the rotating end of an Alternator(can be found in our normal generators)
4. Now since the current produced from the alternator would not be polarized, one would need a diode for polarization
5. Boost with capacitor
6. Now here is the secret of its sustainability. Use a transformer to step-up the output current to say about 240V OR 260V(the physicist can do that well or any electrician around u). Use this new output as input to your accumulator.

House, this concept is mind blowing. It can work 24/7 24/7 xcept for wear and tear which would set-in because of the rotation between the alternator by the motor. But lets be real, even if it would last you for just 1year you would have saved alot of money from buying diesel or fuel.

If u feel like knowing more here is my number (EDDIE)07025895782 or 08072249270 email eddie.jerry@yahoo.com

Is this the new 419? shocked
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Beaf: 3:23pm On Apr 09, 2010
Toyins:

Nawa o.

Why this agression? Why do you guy think its impossible. Nothing is imposibility.

I have seeing some guys on LTV (maybe LTV Trade Fair or so but am sure of the advert). Asking people to come for a training on how to build a fuelless generator. Why not do your own research? Find out the truth before condemning the idea.

Na 419 my sista!
Don't pay, else you be the next maga! grin
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Toyins(f): 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2010
@beaf.

Sorry they dont sale. They only train people to build it themselve. I guess you are into forward and clearing of generator. grin grin.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Afam(m): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2010
up2u:

WRONG!!! You cannot step up any current as long as you are stepping up the voltage.

The principle of transformer remains that either voltage or current can be stepped up and vise versa but not both.

Power in its most basic sense = voltage X current and transformer deals with turns ratio between the voltages and currents.

This nonsense must stop.

Why teach what you have not been able to produce?
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Beaf: 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2010
Toyins:

@beaf.

Sorry they dont sale. They only train people to build it themselve. I guess you are into forward and clearing of generator. grin grin.

No, I no deh forward and clear generator. o! grin
I just know you can never get something for nothing eg fueless generator.

All na 419. cool Onovo and Waziri, over to you! Bad people don change style.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by jpphilips(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2010
It seems the journalist killed the story and the likes of beaf are having a field day.
if i should go by what up2u said then it aint really fuel less like the journalist reported cos it uses battery, lets assume the title is flawed but the concept does not elude simple physics.

except for this

Now since the current produced from the alternator would not be polarized, one would need a diode for polarization

i dont agree with this, the output from the coil alternator is connected to your house directly just like in Gen sets,
Since you already have a Generator alternator like u said

I don't think you need to polarize it again. i think this concept is ok because i have always know that your Gen uses petrol or Diesel just for the combustion chamber to generate heat that is then converted to mechanical motion that will simply be transmitted to the crankshaft through a piston which connects the alternator through a connecting Rod.

The big question is this;
What if this guys have found something that will turn the alternator in place of the conventional thermodynamic set up?
From what Up2 said they have come up with a DC dynamo i think it is a brilliant idea,
i will call you so u can link me up with these chaps, guess we can do business together  
guess we may be having patronage from the likes of Thomas beaf grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by wirinet(m): 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2010
up2u:

5. Boost with capacitor

What you wrote above sounds like science fiction, please can you elaborate more.

An accumulator is just  a Battery for storing electricity.

You power a D.C motor with a battery and connect it again to an alternator and now produce an alternating current from a Direct Current.

A capacitor does not boost current, it stores and stabilizes output current

A transformer does not step up current, it  transforms - meaning step up  or step down voltage, current depends on the load.

This is a poor attempt at a perpetual motion machine. You turn alternator with current from a battery though a D.C. motor and in turn attempt to charge the battery with the current generated from the alternator using a diode and a capacitor.

This is a very poor attempt, even if the system is not loaded, the loss of energy from the system would run down the battery in a very short time. Simply converting the battery D.C. to A.C. through an inverter would be a much more efficient set up, as there would be no mechanical moving parts.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by jpphilips(m): 3:47pm On Apr 09, 2010
WRONG!!! You cannot step up any current as long as you are stepping up the voltage.

The principle of transformer remains that either voltage or current can be stepped up and vise versa but not both.

Power in its most basic sense = voltage X current and transformer deals with turns ratio between the voltages and currents.

This nonsense must stop.

I dont think he really meant what he said grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by jpphilips(m): 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
@Wirinet

An accumulator is just a Battery for storing electricity.

That is true

You power a D.C motor with a battery and connect it again to an alternator and now produce an alternating current from a Direct Current.

that is equally correct because you never thought that you can attach a shaft to a DC motor and hook it up to the coil inside the alternator, The DC motor will probably turn the coil in the alternator (supposedly powered by the battery) surrounded by a magnetic field and boom!! alternating current is produced
Can somebody say Amen!!! grin grin grin

A capacitor does not boost current, it stores and stabilizes output current
I agree with you here maybe he has misplaced a terminology or something

A transformer does not step up current, it transforms - meaning step up or step down) voltage, current depends on the load.

yeah you are correct here but common sensically, i think the guy is just referring to a transformer acting as a rectifier with a huge output. now we can use your formula to calculate the power and juxtapose it with the rating on which ever battery he wishes to use to decipher whether or not it can be able to charge it, in other words the transformer is neither stepping up nor stepping down

This is a poor attempt at a perpetual motion machine. You turn alternator with current from a battery though a D.C. motor and in turn attempt to charge the battery with the current generated from the alternator using a diode and a capacitor.

Since you totally misunderstood the concept i think you will be forgiven for the Aspersion

This is a very poor attempt, even if the system is not loaded, the loss of energy from the system would run down the battery in a very short time. Simply converting the battery D.C. to A.C. through an inverter would be a much more efficient set up, as there would be no mechanical moving parts.

Well,You may not have thought that if the RPM of the Motor equals that of the coil supposing both are made of the same materials then the same Energy used to
propel the motor will be same for the Alternator with little or no further loss in energy
perhaps you have not bothered to ask why your vehicle crankshaft is rotating both the Alternator,the main engine fan,the AC compressor, the power steering motor,the wheels etc at the same time yet the car runs for years.

Not to worry my son, some people are thinking while you were sleeping.

I think more work has to be done on the charging mechanism except this concept has more to it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China / Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming / 25 Worst Earthquakes In History(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.