Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator (28483 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions / Self-powered (fuelless) Generator Design / What Do You Know About Fuelless Generator? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Afam(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2010
Coldheart:

It's not fuel-less. It runs on special fuel: the [b]m[/b]inds and [b]m[/b]oney of [b]m[/b]uguns.

Gbam!!!
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Nescoemmy(m): 9:24am On Apr 10, 2010
if this is real and effective without ulterior motive why not publicize it well enough coz soon the foreign scientists will lay there hands on it,alittle touch and they will have all the credit.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by edoyad(m): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2010
The term "fuelless" might actually have been a misnomer but it doesn't change the fact that electricity could produced from sources other than conventional fossil and renewable fuels.
Up until a few decades nobody had seen or had evidence of neutrinos but a few suspected it to exist non the less. Now dark matter in space which cannot be seen but is known to be out there is being investigated too and will be discovered eventually. All these point to the fact that there are properties out there that probably cannot be weighed or seen at the moment but could be taken advantage of. Do you know scientists have been able to power little bulbs using magnetic force by simply placing the bulb between 2 magnets ? All these combined with developments in nano technology point to greener electricity in the future. If we didn't know know about electromagnetic forces we would be saying a bulb is being powered from nothing but that would be wrong of course, which brings me back to my argument that just cos you don't know it's there doesn't mean it isn't.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by biina: 10:41am On Apr 10, 2010
@edoyad
There is a difference between discovering and inventing
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Big2bore(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2010
Guys, i just want you to no that, noting is impossible to do or to achieve in this world. Lets forget about the laws we are coating in physics, the truth is, it is possible to invent such device in this country. The only problem on this topic, is that, their is no proper information about, the so call fueless generator.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by omenka(m): 11:26am On Apr 10, 2010
haba nairalanders! these guys sed they  "developed a fuel less generator" and to me they r ryt. one, they ddint say they "invented" the generator which implies that it is already in use elsewhere and secondly if they say it 'fuel less' and runs on batteries, well they r ryt cos a battery is not a fuel (as misunderstood by several posters )but it is an energy source. anything FUEL is capable of COMBUSTION resulting in CARBON DIOXIDE and WATER and the last tym i checked, cells (batteries) didnt possess that characteristic. cool
But frankly we should indeed be researching on improving the efficiency of phcn and not labouring on developin generators. dont they know it is the existence of these generators in the market that is compounding the problems of power generation in naija cos the pple inportin the craps would fight tooth n nail to ensure phcn never get to see better days! undecided
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by wirinet(m): 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2010
edoyad:

The term "fuelless" might actually have been a misnomer but it doesn't change the fact that electricity could produced from sources other than conventional fossil and renewable fuels.
Up until a few decades nobody had seen or had evidence of neutrinos but a few suspected it to exist non the less. Now dark matter in space which cannot be seen but is known to be out there is being investigated too and will be discovered eventually. All these point to the fact that there are properties out there that probably cannot be weighed or seen at the moment but could be taken advantage of. Do you know scientists have been able to power little bulbs using magnetic force by simply placing the bulb between 2 magnets ? All these combined with developments in nano technology point to greener electricity in the future. If we didn't know know about electromagnetic forces we would be saying a bulb is being powered from nothing but that would be wrong of course, which brings me back to my argument that just cos you don't know it's there doesn't mean it isn't.

I always say that half knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge, because a person with half knowledge can mislead others.

Electricity is a result of movement of electrons, so whatever force you employ to move electron from one location to another through a conductor, electricity would be produced. Neutrinos has nothing to do with movement of electrons (electricity), also dark matter has nothing to do with electricity. Dark matter had never been observed and was only postulated to account for the huge shortfall in the mass of objects within the universe and the mass of the universe itself. So i do not know how you can connect that with producing electricity.

How do you take advantage of something that cannot be observed or weighted, how do you interact with such a particle.

Lighting a light bulb placed within two magnets is no rocket science, as long as you are able to deploy enough force to produce changing magnetic fields between the magnets, to move electrons through the wires connected to the light bulb.

Nano solar is just miniaturization of the regular solar panels using nano technology, the basic principle of science is not being broken as is the fuelless generator, which breaks all know laws of physics.

Electromagnetic forces was discovered way before any attempt to use it to invent the light bulb and not the other way round. What forces are you using to power your mythical fuelless generator.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by NSNA: 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2010
With the woeful history of power generation in Nigeria

Nigeria should be at the forefront of alternative energy, Solar energy is just right for Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by NSNA: 12:54pm On Apr 10, 2010
wirinet:

I always say that half knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge, because a person with half knowledge can mislead others.

Electricity is a result of movement of electrons, so whatever force you employ to move electron from one location to another through a conductor, electricity would be produced. Neutrinos has nothing to do with movement of electrons (electricity), also dark matter has nothing to do with electricity. Dark matter had never been observed and was only postulated to account for the huge shortfall in the mass of objects within the universe and the mass of the universe itself. So i do not know how you can connect that with producing electricity.

How do you take advantage of something that cannot be observed or weighted, how do you interact with such a particle.

Lighting a light bulb placed within two magnets is no rocket science, as long as you are able to deploy enough force to produce changing magnetic fields between the magnets, to move electrons through the wires connected to the light bulb.

Nano solar is just miniaturization of the regular solar panels using nano technology, the basic principle of science is not being broken as is the fuelless generator, which breaks all know laws of physics.

Electromagnetic forces was discovered way before any attempt to use it to invent the light bulb and not the other way round. What forces are you using to power your mythical fuelless generator.

It is now obvious that most of you are only ranting that you know a little bit of science.

Many times many know laws of physics has been proven wrong
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by wirinet(m): 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2010
NSNA:

It is now obvious that most of you are only ranting that you know a little bit of science.

Many times many know laws of physics has been proven wrong

It is obvious that you never took any science subject beyond integrated science, because if you do you would have heard of the law of conservation of energy and the laws of thermodynamics.

Laws are physics have not been proven wrong, although they are not sacrosanct like biblical laws. Laws of science are always valid for the conditions and methods of observation and  collection of data.  Please tell me which laws of physics had been proven wrong for the conditions under which the law was observed?.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by VIPICO(m): 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2010
Feul-less generator invention
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by edoyad(m): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2010
@winret i really don't know what to make of your reply. Either i must be a terrible communicator or you must be grossly deficient in comprehension skills.
Any second bit slowpoke would know i made reference to neutrinos and dark matter in a bid to buttress my point on science's discovery of new phenomena everyday but like said your comprehension or lack of it is not my problem.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by invisible2(m): 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2010
It could be as large as 2 rooms and noisy as hell, costing 3 million naira.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by NSNA: 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2010
@wirinet
I did not write the article, it was published by AllAfrica

Fuelles energy is however a new common term, you can find out more by simply doing a quick google search

VIPICO:

Feul-less generator invention

The Journalist probably meant unconventional

In Nigeria fuel is a common term for petrol.

Wind energy, Solar, magnetic etc is not commonly refereed to has fuel in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by proudly9ja(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2010
Nawao, una too know book!
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by lekside44(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2010
beaf has said it all.
law of conservation of energy does not permit such. so you have been watching too much of bank php advert please think twice
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by NSNA: 11:00am On Apr 11, 2010
lekside44:

beaf has said it all.
law of conservation of energy does not permit such. so you have been watching too much of bank php advert please think twice

What you think that you know is not the limit of science and technolgy. Keywords for you Quantum Physics, Nano Technology
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by wirinet(m): 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2010
The most annoying issue about this mythical machine that can output more energy than input (perceptual motion machine), is that no one had ever been build and demonstrated publicly. Anybody that can build such a machine would get an instant Nobel price for physics and be rated with greats like Einstein.

I have viewed so many so call demonstrations on Yutube, and i am about to die of laughter, all the systems are so basic and crude, that is unbelievable that universities with the most sophisticated equipments are unable to duplicate these wonder machines.   The contraptions wastes loads of energy from noise and frictions from crude gears just to keep it running.  The connected  batteries, which actually supplies the power would lose charge in a relatively short period of time without any load.

I doubt those contraction can run for one hour (depending on the battery bank)not to talk of one day. A more efficient system would be to connect the fuc.king batteries directly to the load. You would eliminate loss of energy from the various conversions and the noise or friction.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by rhymz(m): 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2010
Fueless Generators?? From what I decipher in that butchered report, they were probably claiming to have developed a generator that generates its own input from which it gives its output.Fundamental Scientific laws flaws this claim as it is practically impossible. Any average student that has been exposed to O level sciences will understand that a Generator basically converts mechanical energy to electrical energy, it does not generate it per say, it merely converts the mechanical force which is a product of energy in another form, like gasoline,lead batteries etc. He fails to explain to us how his generator internally generates the input. Unless of course, he is trying to lay claim to developing Perpetual Motion Machine. I mean i dont ve to be a brainiac to understand the basic science here. . .
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by jpphilips(m): 9:33am On Apr 12, 2010
@ Wirinet

The way you misinterpreted NSA's comment shows that it will take more than a forum chat to make you understand.
like ive said, the journalist may have killed the story, the inventor may have misplaced his terminologies but the concept is not flawed, i ve done something like that though not exactly during my school days thats y it seemed like i understood wot they are doing
going through my posts, you will realize that i still have issues with the charging system cos that was where my own experiment stopped.

since the popularity of deep cycle batteries, i know that green electricity will take a step further.

I really don't want to argue over this, i believe every adult is entitled to his opinion no matter how unrealistic,
you asked about energy loss and i made reference to your everyday automobile, im not insinuating that the loss in energy is completely overruled but it is minimal when you have a reasonable charging system.

I cant really remember fully but back in the days when i experimented on such, the deep cycle battery was not so common so i relied heavily on wet cell that screwed up the project.there are some calculations that must be met for the operation to be successful.

I doubt those contraction can run for one hour (depending on the battery bank)not to talk of one day. A more efficient system would be to connect the fuc.king batteries directly to the load. You would eliminate loss of energy from the various conversions and the noise or friction.

with a Wet cell battery my experiment ran for days, 2 or 3 maybe talking about hours, i just guess you are joking.

my advice for you; ''if you are a curious mind, get a hobby''
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Abagworo(m): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2010
if what they did was converting d.c. to a.c. then it is no news.i did that many years ago using an inverter.it requires seasonal recharge of the battery.their invention can only be news if it does not require battery recharge.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by jpphilips(m): 10:01am On Apr 12, 2010
if what they did was converting d.c. to a.c. then it is no news.i did that many years ago using an inverter.it requires seasonal recharge of the battery.their invention can only be news if it does not require battery recharge.

Who said its an invention?
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by denny4ril: 10:06am On Apr 12, 2010
that generator is likely to be expensive and for sure, not meant for everybody. that s my guess
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by sley4life(m): 10:13am On Apr 12, 2010
We need the fueless gen on time. If they have develop it then let it b sold in the market
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by eewule(m): 3:06pm On Apr 12, 2010
@Wirinet
>Nigerians and hype, i do not know whether to blame the journalist or the so called "scientists". A generator "generates" electricity. It generates the electricity by converting other forms of energy into electrical energy. A hydo turbine is a fuelless generator as the kinetic energy of falling water is converted to electricity. Solar panels, wind turbines, wave turbines are other forms of fuelless electric generators. But to link a fuelless generator with a dry cell battery is either ignorance or plain stupidity. A dry cell battery already possesses stored electricity, so you have to explain how the electricity got into the battery in the first place for us to see if the electricity is fuelless or not.

You said it all. I guess it must be the journalist adding salt and pepper to the original creation (which must have been something much simpler) just to male it seem a credible invention worthy of national attention
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by namdo(m): 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2010
abi na inverter + Solar panels, the picture looked like our well known electricity gen sets unfortunately.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by obstead200(m): 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2010
Either the journalist or the 419 who calls himself a scientist, or both of them, are pure idiots.

I only thank God 4 NL peeps. Most are too smart to be conned by these lazy amatuers. I just wish all naija pple are just as smart.

I dont wish to comment on the subject matter. Other pple have said it all.
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by polosco(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2010
i think we should allow time to tell,  whether good or bad time will definitely tell. lol  cool
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by drake2(m): 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2010
Nigerians are just the same anywhere u find us. We cant converge ideas on any issue on d face of ds planet. Visits to different threads or topics reveal same pattern. If ds was a physical forum, we wud have eaten ourselves up. The news abt a fuelless generator shud have brought a sudden jolt of happines in us even though it is a ruse, then followed by maybe constructive curiousity about its possibility and designe later. But wat did we see? Bickering and bullying over inrelevant issues. I suggest effort is made to see d prototype and then collaborative and constructive inputs are made to address the shortfalls in the design, by so doing we are encouraging our own. Naija e-forums are d most tense i hv ever seen; we really got 2 change
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by MrNeyo: 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2010
Lol, I also hope its not an inverter!
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by Beaf: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2010
Fuelless generator invention.
Foolishness generator invention. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator by bawomolo(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2010

damn GE needs to hire this inventor ASAP. tekinology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Feather Dinosaurs Discovered In China / Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming / 25 Worst Earthquakes In History(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.