Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,394 members, 7,846,644 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor (905 Views)

Ahmad Lawan Reveals His Salary, Says No “Jumbo Pay” For Senators / National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians / President Buhari Did Not Order Us To Clear Salary Arrears - Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by massinola(m): 7:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, on Friday disclosed that his administration resorted to borrowing N10bn before it could clear four-month salary areas before the last Christmas.

He said the loan was added to the over N1.2bn that accrued to the state from Paris Club refund as well as the state’s November and December allocation before the feat could be achieved.

The governor spoke in an interview with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said, “In Kogi State today, we are up to date as far as salary is concerned. In December, Mr. President magnanimously assisted us with another tranche of Paris Club refund. Our own figure was N1.2bn and some other change on top.

“We didn’t just stop at that, we borrowed up to N10bn and we added November/December allocation to our figures and we were able to clear four months at a stretch before Christmas and some leftover were cleared before this January in Kogi State.

“As you all know the salary was very bogus and according to the figure we had we were able to distribute it among these months. So glory to God as far as Kogi State is concerned.”

From January however, the governor said workers in the state would be earning salaries based on the number of times they are present at work.

“Moving forward from this January, we have decided that we are going to make use of our clock-in device for every civil servant in Kogi State-both at local and state levels.

“So, as you come to work and clock-in, that is exactly how your salary will be generated. It is online, it is automated so nobody is going to cheat anybody.

“That is how we are going to go in the state. So, Kogi State civil servants and pensioners are all happy with this administration. Thanks to God and Mr. President for this magnanimity,” he said.

The governor also claimed that his administration had worked so hard on the security situation in the state to the point that no case of kidnapping or armed robbery has so far been recorded in November, December and January.

“The security operatives are collaborating with us, we are spending a lot on security.

“So collaboration between the security agencies and understanding by the people, they are giving us a lot of information and we are treating them with utmost secrecy and we are working harmoniously together.

“The Fulanis in Kogi State are equally collaborating with us. Even the criminal elements amongst them, they are the ones even apprehending them and handing them over to the security agencies. So we are living very harmoniously with the Fulani herdsmen, farmers and the citizens.

“Travelers are safe day and night because anywhere you go, you see security operatives and we have even vigilantes, hunters that are equally assisting us in our farms and so many other deserted areas. So Kogi is very safe,” he claimed.

On the 2019 general elections, Bello recalled that his state has already endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari for second term.

He boasted that the state would return a number of votes that will dwarf that of the President’s home state, Katsina.

https://punchng.com/i-borrowed-n10bn-to-clear-salary-says-kogi-governor/amp/

1 Like

Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by EternalTruths: 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
And you stole how much in return.?
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by teemanbastos(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
really?
The results will speak for you whether you'll be sent packing or not.
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by dingbang(m): 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
A governor that robs peter to pay Paul... Is that one fit to be a governor...

If a nation decides to borrow to fund budget, then we are just doomed.
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by ipobarecriminals: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
cluless
.Confused govt
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by massinola(m): 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
This man is the devil himself. You cleared which salary and arrears? This man paid half salary for five months and here he's claiming he's paid salary. My mom earns 66K a month and this man paid 33k each of the five months from October. Instead of him to pay two months complete salary, he paid half for five months. Now he's claiming he has paid five months. I told my mom this. I told her that this man will soon run to Abuja to give press conference lying about how he paid five months salary. Why are our politicians so heartless? What happens to the remaining five halves?

And you with who endorsed the Daura failure for second term? With what you are doing to Kogi civil servants, you can't even win a class Rep again, not to talk about Jubril. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by free2ryhme: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
massinola:
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, on Friday disclosed that his administration resorted to borrowing N10bn before it could clear four-month salary areas before the last Christmas.

He said the loan was added to the over N1.2bn that accrued to the state from Paris Club refund as well as the state’s November and December allocation before the feat could be achieved.

The governor spoke in an interview with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said, “In Kogi State today, we are up to date as far as salary is concerned. In December, Mr. President magnanimously assisted us with another tranche of Paris Club refund. Our own figure was N1.2bn and some other change on top.

“We didn’t just stop at that, we borrowed up to N10bn and we added November/December allocation to our figures and we were able to clear four months at a stretch before Christmas and some leftover were cleared before this January in Kogi State.

“As you all know the salary was very bogus and according to the figure we had we were able to distribute it among these months. So glory to God as far as Kogi State is concerned.”

From January however, the governor said workers in the state would be earning salaries based on the number of times they are present at work.

“Moving forward from this January, we have decided that we are going to make use of our clock-in device for every civil servant in Kogi State-both at local and state levels.

“So, as you come to work and clock-in, that is exactly how your salary will be generated. It is online, it is automated so nobody is going to cheat anybody.

“That is how we are going to go in the state. So, Kogi State civil servants and pensioners are all happy with this administration. Thanks to God and Mr. President for this magnanimity,” he said.

The governor also claimed that his administration had worked so hard on the security situation in the state to the point that no case of kidnapping or armed robbery has so far been recorded in November, December and January.

“The security operatives are collaborating with us, we are spending a lot on security.

“So collaboration between the security agencies and understanding by the people, they are giving us a lot of information and we are treating them with utmost secrecy and we are working harmoniously together.

“The Fulanis in Kogi State are equally collaborating with us. Even the criminal elements amongst them, they are the ones even apprehending them and handing them over to the security agencies. So we are living very harmoniously with the Fulani herdsmen, farmers and the citizens.

“Travelers are safe day and night because anywhere you go, you see security operatives and we have even vigilantes, hunters that are equally assisting us in our farms and so many other deserted areas. So Kogi is very safe,” he claimed.

On the 2019 general elections, Bello recalled that his state has already endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari for second term.

He boasted that the state would return a number of votes that will dwarf that of the President’s home state, Katsina.

even for this new year some agabaya go dey lie openly
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by jdluv(f): 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2018
please let us start mass impeachment process for all these thieves
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by Karlovich: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2018
I pity the people of Kogi state, majority of their citizens are probably as retarded as the cow they elected as Governor. Kogi people you all have yourselves to blame for electing a clown as your Governor, enjoy the leadership
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by Nutase: 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
Only one half truth in all he said and its on security. One expatriate was kidnapped and killed at Obajana in November.

The rest na lie.
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by aolawale025: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
Can't imagine the cesspool that would be uncovered when Bello leaves in 2019
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by GavelSlam: 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2018
Great idea clocking in and out.

We cannot be complaining about an irresponsible civil service yet accommodate lateness, truancy and outright absenteeism.
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by sinkhole: 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
At Kogi varsity, students contribute money to pay teachers

http://thenationonlineng.net/kogi-varsity-students-contribute-money-pay-teachers/

Kogi is an embodiment of a failed state
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by SalamRushdie: 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
massinola:
This man is the devil himself. You cleared which salary and arrears? This man paid half salary for five months and here he's claiming he's paid salary. My mom earns 66K a month and this man paid 33k each of the five months from October. Instead of him to pay two months complete salary, he paid half for five months. Now he's claiming he has paid five months. I told my mom this. I told her that this man will soon run to Abuja to give press conference lying about how he paid five months salary. Why are our politicians so heartless? What happens to the remaining five halves?

And you with who endorsed the Daura failure for second term? With what you are doing to Kogi civil servants, you can't even win a class Rep again, not to talk about Jubril. Nonsense

Believe me they are worse than Satan .
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by Daviddson(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
Unfortunately, we'll continue to hear this kind of story if Nigeria doesn't restructure - giving birth to resources control. Frankly speaking, the amount each state gets from the FG monthly is too meagre to do anything reasonable. And for states who are still looking for ways to come with sustainable revenue generation, it's not an easy task.

If you want to be a 'good' governor who never fails to pay salaries but unable to construct a single kilometre of road, people will still complain. Kogi state for an example will have been competing with the oil producing states like Rivers and Akwa Ibom if the FG allows it to own its mineral resources (Ajaokuta steel alone is worth billions of dollars, but in the hands of the FG).
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by GavelSlam: 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
massinola:

Ok your dad is from Enugu and your mom from Kogi?

Mixed race.
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by dahunsy(f): 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
Yahaya listen.....all those funds u stole shall be ur source of sorrow !!!!! Ase.........gun
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
Oh my God, this guy is devils incarnate.
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by greatgod2012(f): 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
Behold the youngest Governor in Nigeria!
And yet we are clamouring for youths to take over governance in the country, I'm afraid, really afraid for the future of this country!
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by greatgod2012(f): 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
Karlovich:
I pity the people of Kogi state, majority of their citizens are probably as retarded as the cow they elected as Governor. Kogi people you all have yourselves to blame for electing a clown as your Governor, enjoy the leadership

He wasn't elected, he was imposed by APC after the demise of the winner of the election, Audu!!

2 Likes

Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by pinkcottoncandy: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
mortgaging the future of the youths...how do you plan to pay back the loan

how will you pay the next 4 months salary?
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor by kurt09(m): 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
massinola:
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

Good Development. More power to your elbow.

(1) (Reply)

'everyone Who Says Buhari Should Run Again Is MAD'- Twitter User / Buhari Keeps Exposing Himself — Reno Omokiri / PHOTOS: Gov. Shettima Of Borno Inspects Ongoing Road And Drainage Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.