Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." (16256 Views)

South Africa's Julius Malema Is Back ! / Curtain Call For South Africa's Julius Malema Show / ANC Suspends Julius Malema - Whats Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by cap28: 11:46pm On Apr 11, 2010
[s]
Sagamite:

Iraq had a dictator that was a threat and loved to antagonise the US.

Iraq had a dictator that would be willing to execute or support a terrorist act if he can.

Iraq had a dictator that had killed volumes of his own people.

Iraq had a dictator that had already started a war in a sensitive region.

Iraq had a dictator that was seeking knowledge of chemical/nuclear war arsenal.

US had a dimwit as President.

All those factors do not apply to Nigeria in any way. If they want to lay a hand on Nigerian oil, there are VOLUMES of easier and less costly alternatives to use.

A war would cost them how many billion dollars? Only one billion dollars in bribery money would secure them all the flow of oil they want in Nigeria, without having any of their soldiers die or facing their home pressures of going to war.
[/s]

saddam was a former CIA stooge who fell out of favour with the US when he decided to invade Kuwait.

America realised that he was in a very powerful position as he now would be in control of one of the largest oil reserves in the world and could manipulate oil supply and more importantly the price of oil as a result of this they decided to drive him out of Kuwait.

After the Kuwait invasion they decided to leave him in power  despite the fact that he was a brutal dictator because he was able to control the various warring groups within the country and america was not in favour of balkanisation of the country.

The one thing that cost Sadam his life was when he decided to start selling oil in euros instead of in dollars.

The US due to their powerful position in the world have stipulated that the dollar is the world international trading currency for the purchase of oil, all countries who wish to buy oil on the international market must do so using dollars, if a country does not have enough dollars it can borrow from the IMF or the world bank (both US owned financial institutions)  but it must pay back with interest - this gives the US huge control over the world oil market and immense power over world oil prices. 

this is a lucrative source of income for the US, Sadam's plan to sell oil in dollars would have broken america's hold over world oil prices because a number of other countries were planning on buying oil from him in euros.  By 2000 about 10 countries were willing to buy oil from Saddam using the euro instead of the dolalr this would have triggered an economic meltdown of the US economy, this is the real reason why the US invaded Iraq and had Saddam removed.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Apr 12, 2010
cap28:

perhaps if your mother had spent all of her life working as a domestic servant for whites in south africa or your father had spent the whole of his life being worked to death in a gold mine and then succumbed to emphysema or any other lung disease without a penny in compensation from a minining company which makes billions in profit every year, or perhaps if you had ended up cooking and cleaning for whites yourself for a pittance ,you would be singing the same tune as Malema.

Under the Bantu Education Act passed in 1953, Bantus (blacks) were given a seperate and inferior education geared towards equipping them only for manual labour and subservience, so tell, me after going through all of that would your heart be filled with love and forgiveness for whites?

You make me laugh using the white house press conferences as examples, I'll let you in on a little secret all those journalists that attend white house press conferences have to submit their questions to the white house press office for approval first or they will not be let into the press conference, any journalist who tries to deviate from pre approved questioninng is interrupted halfway through and shown the door never to be let back in again.

The idea that journalists in america report uncensored news is laughable, what you watch and read on tv and in newspapers are heavily censored or sanitised versions of the truth.

People like you are a joke, which one is black on white card? you, who supposedly lives in the US should know what it means as a black person being on the receiving end of racism, do you think you have access to the same opportunities as white americans, or have you been living on a reservation with no interraction whatsoever with the rest of america?

Dude, I asked you a very simple question. What you have above is nothing more than you PROJECTING your fears and insecurities on others, thinking that those who do not see the world through your racist goggles are the problem. When you get around to it, provide simple and honest answers.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Apr 12, 2010
skfa1:

My question is, if you have something will you give it to your people and protect them or will you give it to a foreigner while your people are suffering?

Somebody should answer my question pls.

The Video is NOT about Land issue, it is simply about a man's reaction to a journalist butting in on his rant about how he thinks the media sucks, among other things. The jounalist apparently announced that he, Malema, also lived in an airconditioned house in Sandton while working for the ANC. Simple!! Nothing more. No need to bring Land issues and all that in because these journalists are not policy makers. If anything, they are members of the public which the politicians are supposed to serve.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by sage(m): 3:41am On Apr 12, 2010
caps28 is probably the most insecure guy ive seen in my life. I dont think his case is redeemable. He goes from thread to thread blaming whites for everything possible. I think the dude is racist but does not realize it yet

I just pray God will help him find inner peace sha.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 5:21am On Apr 12, 2010
sage:

caps28 is probably the most insecure guy ive seen in my life. I dont think his case is redeemable. [size=14pt]He goes from thread to thread blaming whites for everything possible. I think the dude is racist[/size] but does not realize it yet

I just pray God will help him find inner peace sha.

Thank you.

I think he is so disturbed, the ultimate goal he is trying to whip up, and would make him satisfied, is some kind of massacre (even just a small one) of whites as punishment for whatever their ancestors have done.

He does not need inner peace per se. He needs mental health restoration.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by honeric01(m): 10:12am On Apr 12, 2010
odiaero:

is it bad 4 u?, u seem like a sadist to me grin

Sorry you guessed wrong, i just didn't see why you had to laugh at the comment you quoted, there was nothing funny on it.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 9:01am On Apr 13, 2010
Brilliantly written. Absolutely brilliant bloke, not the cretinous generalisation arguments we have seen here.

[size=18pt]It's not so black and white

Terre Blanche and Malema both destructive aberrations[/size]

Justice Malala: There were 5000 people gathered in and outside the Ventersdorp Afrikaner Protestant Church on Friday at AWB leader Eugene Terre Blanche's funeral. But make no mistake about it - not a single one of them was a real Afrikaner.

In that church, gathered to bury a man who represented their backward views, were racists, right-wingers, self-delusionists, white supremacists and separatists. Gathered there were 5000 people who represented the worst of our country. They are not Afrikaners, and it is inaccurate to refer to them as such.

The Afrikaners I know are the Afrikaners who chose FW de Klerk and Roelf Meyer, and rejected Terre Blanche. The Afrikaners with whom many black South Africans share a workplace are the Afrikaners who, in 1990, overwhelmingly voted "yes" for reform and rejected the racism of Terre Blanche and his ilk.

Singer Steve Hofmeyr and many of his supporters are trying to hijack this Afrikaner. At Terre Blanche's funeral, Hofmeyr tried to convince the world that the Afrikaner had been wounded by the death of Terre Blanche. He lies. Rabid, racist political views - the type that Terre Blanche espoused - have been dealt a blow.

South Africa has been in a false frenzy and false consciousness this past week. I have been astonished by political commentators who have suggested that the death of Terre Blanche is a chance for us to confront "our unresolved racial past". This is far from the truth.

It suggests that 3 million Afrikaners are racist like Terre Blanche. It also suggests that blacks are victims like Terre Blanche's victims or, worse, racists of the nature of Julius Malema. This is tosh. The majority of Afrikaners, with their problems, fears and hopes, do not support even an iota of Terre Blanche's views. The majority of black South Africans are appalled by Malema and his sick utterances. This guy might know a lot of morons like Cap28

It is time to stop these lies. We are not on the brink of war and we are not about to fall into the madness of racial conflagration. Terre Blanche and the racists who called black reporters ''baboons" and k****** on Friday are a lunatic fringe. So is Malema, albeit with a little more power.

The tragedy of the all-too-easy explanations that have been proffered this past week is that, much like Malema, they prevent us from confronting the real issues that blight the new South Africa. Even the most obvious issues raised by the slaying of Terre Blanche have been put on the back-burner in the haste to dress up Afrikaners as spooked right-wingers and blacks as angry Malema acolytes.

One of these issues is the appallingly low wages farm labourers are paid. Isolating the allegation that Terre Blanche might have been paying his labourers a mere R300 a month reminds us again of what a distorted country we live in. How is anyone supposed to live on such a pittance?

The response to the murder shows we are again falling into the trap of failing to deal methodically with black aspiration. Sixteen years after blacks first voted and started participating in a true democracy, the legitimate aspirations of blacks are still regarded with suspicion and mockery.

Such an attitude on the part of business, the media, political leadership and others is a recipe for disaster. We cannot, as a people and a country, continue to pretend that blacks do not want to enter the economy fully, that we need to accelerate the journey to bring about the day when all of us can be judged on the content of our characters, rather than on the colour of our skin.

This demands some very tough action on the policy front, coupled with determination and hard work by our politicians and society in general. If this does not happen, then the crass populism of the Malemas of this world will continue to triumph over real solutions to our problems.

The death of Terre Blanche, therefore, should spur us on to do something quite different to what many say.

Instead of obsessing about race relations, we should be putting pressure on the government to attack the conditions that make racial polarisation possible here: inequality and poverty.

This is not a "sexy" battle. It is not a battle that the Malemas of this world will rush to join. But it is the real and urgent issue our country faces. This is a battle that calls for cool and calm heads.

If we do nothing about the persistent inequality that stalks our land, then Thabo Mbeki's warning that our dream, if deferred, could explode, will come true.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/opinion/columnists/article398975.ece/Its-not-so-black-and-white
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 9:30am On Apr 13, 2010
As I said, the ANC is currently being run by useless, dimwitted, illiterate morons that have failed the people. No wonder they voted for a foool that thinks a shower washes of AIDS.

[size=18pt]Blacks in bondage[/size]

Venterdorp is South Africa. If we want to understand South ­Africa, then we need to look more closely at Ventersdorp, a town that springs up at you in the heart of the North West maize belt.

I grew up in Potchefstroom on the Haagners farm, a stone’s throw away from Ventersdorp.

This dorpie eloquently tells the story of the ­criminal neglect of black people by the ANC ­government in the past 16 years. Go see for yourself the demeanour of black residents. They are tense and fearful, a powerful symbol of black powerlessness, because the ruling party has made a pact with the devil.

Until his death, Eugene Terre’Blanche and his gun-toting men were allowed to spread terror. ­Almost every black person who lives around ­Ventersdorp knows the wrath of the AWB. In 1997, a young black mayor of Ventersdorp, Kabelo ­Oupakie Mashi, a staunch member of the SACP, stood up against the bullies of Ventersdorp.

He transformed budgets, cajoled the local criminal justice system to take racist violence seriously, and attempted to bring freedom to Ventersdorp.

Mashi was abducted and murdered, his body left in the veld. Witnesses were openly intimidated and the murder remains unsolved. If a mayor can be killed for challenging white power and the ­perpetrators can get away with it, what chance do ordinary mortals have?

Terre’Blanche had carte blanche to terrorise black people.

When he got out of jail , the first people to publicly and warmly welcome him back were the ANC and the SACP.

Government accepted the status quo as long as the AWB didn’t extend its reign of white terror too far beyond North West.

In Potchefstroom, known AWB members such as Pieter and Bob Haagners joined the ANC and continued their terror, now under the protection of the people’s movement. The vicious Jan Serfontein became an ANC MP and ­later an MEC in North West.

Growing up, I remember that when Terre’Blanche came to town blacks would clear out. “Ons sal nie ons land terug koop nie; ons het dit klaar gekoop met die bloed van ons mense,” the radio would ­bellow.

There is no evidence that Luthuli House was ever going to come down and liberate Ventersdorp’s black slaves. Black life in Ventersdorp was ­destined to continue in morbid fearfulness with new and old scars of white supremacy.

But that changed with the killing of Terre’Blanche. I went to Ventersdorp this week in solidarity with the accused to ensure that they were not lynched.

We stand sandwiched between the local ­magistrates court and the Boer monuments that bear the names of the Afrikaner patriarchs who inspire the AWB. They are ugly, cheap and fragile. It’s as if they represent a memory that is slowly fading away.

Young blacks stand on top of the monuments with the hope of getting a glimpse at the accused. We wait for hours in the sun. Then, as the first accused, barefoot like Jesus Christ, is pushed into the Casspir, the crowd breaks out as one: “Amandla! Hero! Hero! Hero!” grin grin grin It was a moment of total identification with those accused of murdering ET. They were saying: “If you didn’t see the faces of the accused,it’s OK, you have seen our faces. We are the accused!”

We are seeing a new kind of black youth – one pushed into a corner. Whoever murdered ET is seen, here, as a hero bigger than those who went to exile or spent time breaking stones on Robben Island. This is what one hears from the people of Tshing. ET was the ultimate symbol of white ­supremacy, but he was killed by mere children.

What kind of nation allows its children to become murderers in order to defend themselves? Why was a 15-year-old a farm labourer? Why did he need to toil in order to live?

This is how life is in Ventersdorp and its ­surrounds. Blacks live in servitude.

Tshing, like all townships, is still a reserve for cheap labour for ET and his men.

It’s a crying shame that in the past 16 years of democracy, only 6% of the land has been transferred to blacks.

More than a million farm workers have been evicted from land since 1994. As long as blacks ­remain landless, they remain subjected to racism.

Malema’s reckless rhetoric, in this context, is a cruel manoeuvre for self-enrichment. The ANC doesn’t need to implore anyone to kill the Boer. It must simply use its political power to change things. The problem is not the white racists, but the refusal of the ANC to use its political mandate to end racism. The singing of militant liberation songs in an attempt to voodoo the people is not the solution. The solution to ending racism lies in ­ending the unequal economic power relations. It’s much simpler than BEE and tenders.

When I go to Ventersdorp, I see a microcosm of South Africa – racist, untransformed, supremacist.

http://www.citypress.co.za/Opinions/TopStories/Blacks-In-Bondage-20100411
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 10:40am On Apr 13, 2010
Honestly, this Zapiro is a sick Genius.

The best cartoonist I have ever seen in my life. The way he captures the essense of a situation in one pic is the cartoon equivalent to the way Bolt runs sprint races, the way MJ eccentrically entertains crowds, the way Maradonna had ball control skills, the way Tiger plays golf.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_wfZyB5I6j6Y/S1pcGG1kVkI/AAAAAAAAA_A/Kfvo6hTTQUI/s400/Zapiro.gif[/img]
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 10:51am On Apr 13, 2010
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 10:52am On Apr 13, 2010
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 11:07am On Apr 13, 2010
This was when the silly German morons wanted to embarass SA by insinuating it is not safe for WC due to the attack on the Togolese team in Angola.

Brilliant way to respond to morons.

Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 11:14am On Apr 13, 2010
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2010
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by tunku(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2010
The son of the Great Nkrumah said it best in this article.

Cry the accursed country
The hacking of an old white supremacist hand poignantly brings home the historical predicament tearing at the heart of South Africa as the country prepares to host the World Cup, warns Gamal Nkrumah

Returning ghosts haunt South Africa. Last week, the ruling African National Congress (ANC) Youth League President Julius Malema was banned from singing the anti-apartheid battle cry liberation song Ayesaba Amagwala (The Cowards are Scared) which a regional high court ruled incited violence against whites. The ruling outraged blacks, many of whom see Malema as the "voice of the voiceless" and as articulating the anger of the underdog, the poor, disfranchised and black masses of South Africa.

Almost to prove the judge's point, this week, while Malema was being feted in neighbouring Zimbabwe, South Africa's most vociferous white supremacist Eugene Terre Blanche was killed by his farm hands in his own homestead. Born in 1941, Terre Blanche founded the Afrikaner Resistance Movement or Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB) in 1970, proudly proclaiming the banner of hatred and segregation. His mutilated body was found symbolically with the traditional African farm tools and weapons -- knobkerrie and panga machetes -- next to it. Two black African suspects were detained. They were workers on Terre Blanche's farm who had recently had an argument with the racist leader over unpaid wages.

Sometimes sordid details tell us salubrious things. People are questioning whether the white racist leader's gory ruin was politically motivated. It comes at an inopportune moment for South Africa. The country is preparing to host the football World Cup, the first to be held on African territory. South African President Jacob Zuma urged restraint and calm.

"We are prepared to take up arms and kill for Zuma," the controversial Malema threatened recently, much to the consternation of the country's white minority who constitute 10 per cent of the population. Zuma is widely viewed as being at best too lenient and at worst secretly sympathetic to Malema's sentiments. Many whites are indignant that a firebrand such as Malema could hold such high profile public office.

During his fact-finding mission to Zimbabwe Malema was greeted with thunderous applause and hailed as a "true revolutionary" and "freedom fighter". He professed interest in Zimbabwe's indigenisation programme and the "land grab" policy of confiscation of white-owned agricultural property. Malema expressed the wish that South Africa would emulate Zimbabwe. "We want the mines. They have been exploiting our minerals for a long time. Now it is our turn to also enjoy these minerals," Malema, in reference to the white-owned farms and mines in South Africa, addressed cheering Zimbabwean crowds. Malema's critics at home are systematically dismissed as "counter-revolutionaries", "racists" and "white settler colonialists". There are growing calls in South Africa for the ANC to emulate the "land grab" policy of Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe. More than 3,000 white farmers have been killed in South Africa since the end of apartheid in the country in 1994.

Terre Blanche, the descendant of French Huguenots, had prophetically warned of his own death. "It is clear that the South African police cannot stop the rape, murder and robbery of our people," he said recently. His optimism in championing the white cause was, however, misplaced. "We fought the British Commonwealth, we can survive the ANC," he was quoted as saying.

"Our country is being run by criminals who murder and rob," Terre Blanche lamented. It is perhaps not so ironic that he met his end at the hands of his own black employees, those he derisively derided as "criminals, murderers and robbers".

Alan Paton's classic Cry The Beloved Country was a novel that graphically depicted life in South Africa under apartheid and few could have foreseen how things would have unfolded in the post-apartheid period. The crux of the matter is that even though black Africans gained considerable political clout with the end of apartheid, they have yet to experience economic emancipation. The sad reality is that income differentials between blacks and whites in South Africa have not narrowed significantly in the post-apartheid period. This disparity of incomes between blacks and whites has led to widespread resentment among blacks and might lead to a political backlash similar to the land grab policy adopted in neighbouring Zimbabwe. In short, Terre Blanche's assassination has a forceful topicality. So what made him so emblematic?

Dhubula Ibhunu (Shoot the White Farmer) is the rallying cry of the farm labourers and landless peasants in South Africa and Terre Blanche's killing has brought into sharp focus the increasingly polarised perspectives regarding the country's future. South Africans are bitterly divided as to whether Terre Blanche's death was a farm murder, an act of political assassination or a case of class struggle. The debate has opened a Pandora's Box in the run-up to the World Cup. This is the significant South Africa moment. It is a tortuous trial for the Rainbow nation.

Terre Blanche's life and death, like the protagonist in Too Late The Phalarope, Paton's contemporary Greek tragedy set in South Africa, unravels the predicament of white moral bankruptcy masquerading as moral superiority. Like Pieter van Vlaanderen, the villain of the piece, Terre Blanche failed to reconcile his fundamental character flaws with the charade of his moral uprightness in the hearts and minds of his people. In the end both fictitious hero and the slain Afrikaner martyr brought about their own destruction and that of their people whom the portended to defend.

At this point we inevitably reflect on the current controversy surrounding the demise of Terre Blanche in South Africa. He was a man incapable of deep retrospection. White racists hanged on his every eccentric pronouncement. For those white South Africans who have kept an ever hopeful eye on the revival of white supremacy and racial segregation, his cries for help had an added, poignant resonance.

Where, I wondered on first hearing it, did the years go? Terre Blanche represented the naked wickedness of white South Africa, the cruel and callous survival instinct that thrives on the obliteration of the indigene.

He looked gaunt and decrepit long before his time. He was an anachronistic political animal in every sense of the word. His political trajectory has, in many ways, run diametrically counter to that of the black Africans who now run the country. In spite of his incessant protestations, he has seen "Black Power" spiral out of control into parliament in Pretoria, into the corridors of power in Cape Town.

From the halcyon days of the 1960s and 1970s to the uncertainties of the 1980s and the New South Africa of the 1990s, Terre Blanche was systematically losing ground to those who ultimately destroyed him and who he despised when still alive and kicking.

Then all of a sudden his political career was over. He was rudely awakened, so to speak, from his dream of white supremacy.

There is an allegory lurking here. Terre Blanche's sorry end sounds the death knell for his ilk. Again the resilience, the bluff optimism and dogged determination disguised the true extent of his failure. His life was in shreds. The irony conceals a great deal of heartbreak for him and for his people, or at least for those whom he professed to represent. He had no conception of changing times, no regard for the contemporary. His politics epitomised the turbulence, uncertainty and the increasing pessimism of white supremacists of the times. His pronouncements sounded by turn choleric, defiant and uncompromising.

Terre Blanche tried in vain to synthesise the cataclysmic social trends challenging South Africa into a coherent political platform that exclusively serves the interests of whites. His bloody death re-opens old wounds even though it is, by the same token, a very symptom of the apartheid legacy.

How much could he get away with and still triumph? It was the madness in his method and message, the man revered by millions of racists in southern Africa and around the world, whose very name epitomises the notion of European settler colonialism.

The omens were not good. There is a moral to the grisly story of the life and death of Terre Blanche. The old cliché, who lives by the sword dies by the sword, springs to mind. Southern Africa will continue to spout the Malemas and Mugabes until the injustices of the past are redressed, and the question of social justice is seriously addressed. That is what I call a history lesson.

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2010/993/in2.htm

If it is a massacre that cap wants of white south africans he shall get it if it continues on its current course. Luckily they have nothing to worry about now or in the immediate future, but far more wicked and dastardly brilliant minds will emerge when the likes of the idiots like Julius Malema and Zuma exit the arena. They've seen how ethnic and racial violence helps consolidate power. It is only a matter of time unless the ruling government starts making the concrete steps to prevent it.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2010
tunku:

The son of the Great Nkrumah said it best in this article.

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2010/993/in2.htm

If it is a massacre that cap wants of white south africans he shall get it if it continues on its current course. Luckily they have nothing to worry about now or in the immediate future, but far more wicked and dastardly brilliant minds will emerge when the likes of the idiots like Julius Malema and Zuma exit the arena. They've seen how ethnic and racial violence helps consolidate power. It is only a matter of time unless the ruling government starts making the concrete steps to prevent it.

Brilliant piece.

Thank God, there are numerous intellectuals thinking like us, as I expected.

Let the likes of Cap28 and Beaf continue their following of the Malemas.

As it has been repeatedly said, Malema is the voice of the voiceless and articulates the anger of the underdog, the poor, disfranchised and black masses of South Africa. Hence, I expect his followers/adorers (like Mugabe's) to actually be people that are in these listed classes because they were unlucky not to be equipped educationally/socially/nurturally and/or they are plainly unintelligent therefore cannot achieve as they are not intellectually blessed.

The followers on NL also fall into these two categories in my opinion.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by folem: 6:20pm On Apr 13, 2010
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2010
^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by jamolomo(f): 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2010
wat the Bleep is wrong this guy
he is insult is own motherfucking country
becos of money he needs to be banged up
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by MyJoe: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Honestly, this Zapiro is a sick Genius.

The best cartoonist I have ever seen in my life. The way he captures the essense of a situation in one pic is the cartoon equivalent to the way Bolt runs sprint races, the way MJ eccentrically entertains crowds, the way Maradonna had ball control skills, the way Tiger plays golf.

The guy is just WOW. Certainly the best I ever came across.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2010
folem:

grin grin grin

[img]http://forum.planet-rugby.com/index.php?t=getfile&id=21054&private=0[/img]

Those shirts aren't funny at all. Thats very insulting.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by shotster50(m): 2:09am On Apr 14, 2010
Anybody who honestly beleives that Malema has the ineterest of the common black SA in mind is simply deluded. He is playing a game and very soon everyone will see him for what he is.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by RSA(m): 11:08am On Apr 14, 2010
It is funny that most of the people who hate Malema,Zuma and Mugabe are based in UK,Is it because they're fed up with anti Africa propaganda every day?
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Apr 14, 2010
RSA:

It is funny that most of the people who hate Malema,Zuma and Mugabe are based in UK,Is it because they're fed up with anti Africa propaganda every day?

That is stupid reasoning right there. Are you saying it an African living in the UK to see how ignorant that man is in that video?
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is silly reasoning right there. Are you saying it an African living in the UK to see how ignorant that man is in that video?

Its obvious you can't see that England(BBC) has a bias when it comes to South Africa reporting via their issues with Zimbabwe and what " some people" view as the free press is simply a propaganda machine.

PS before you start to fume at the mouth and ask for evidence I dare you to pull up one BBC story of any balanced reporting(if not all negative) about SA. When you are finished then compare with other news sites such as CNN, NBC, Al jazeera and so on. let me know if you need any help,
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Omolulu(m): 4:33pm On Apr 14, 2010
How would it be balanced when Malema's response does not tally with the question.If he had responded and said "yeah, i live in Sandton, i'm south african and i fight for my people in my country" or something that made sense i guess the negative response he's getting might have been different, However he just jumped to attack mode and thats the only thing i feel is wrong with the video, Truth is in a country like SA where there are openly white racist like Terreblanche and his ilk there would exist equally black extremists like Malema who fight against such discrimination in their God given Land. However there is a time and place where one must be diplomatic and where one must be violent with words and actions, Malema was certainly using the wrong tactic at the right place.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2010
Omolulu:

How would it be balanced when Malema's response does not tally with the question.If he had responded and said "yeah, i live in Sandton, i'm south african and i fight for my people in my country" or something that made sense i guess the negative response he's getting might have been different, However he just jumped to attack mode and thats the only thing i feel is wrong with the video, Truth is in a country like SA where there are openly white racist like Terreblanche and his ilk there would exist equally black extremists like Malema who fight against such discrimination in their God given Land. However there is a time and place where one must be diplomatic and where one must be violent with words and actions, Malema was certainly using the wrong tactic at the right place.

Didn't you hear what he told the BBC reporter about the event not being a press conference and you obviously don't knw who Malema is as far as him being Diplomatic in any instance. He is and agitator and thats his role which he plays perfectly. The ANC want tosee how far they can push the 'whites" and Malema is their instrument of measure.

He aint no diplomat!!
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2010
morpheus24:

Its obvious you can't see that England(BBC) has a bias when it comes to South Africa reporting via their issues with Zimbabwe and what " some people" view as the free press is simply a propaganda machine.

PS before you start to fume at the mouth and ask for evidence I dare you to pull up one BBC story of any balanced reporting(if not all negative) about SA. When you are finished then compare with other news sites such as CNN, NBC, Al jazeera and so on. let me know if you need any help,

If you are done FUMING, can we get back to this issue here? Malema's outburst is the problem, not the BBC. The BBC reporter only stated he lived in Sandton, which is considered high brow compared to other areas. If your idea of free press is concluding that Journalists have no right stating this fact , I don't know what will work for you.

Malema here does not represent BLACKS, so this is NOt a BLACK AND WHITE issue. The man is arrogant and uncooth; there is no way you can cut past that. You don't need to live in the UK, watch BBC to know this. The video speaks volumes. Simple!

Omolulu:

And this is where I believe people (both blacks and whites) should not only condemn TerreBlache( who met his fate at the hands of his own workers), but also extremists on the other side like Malema who tries to incite fellow black racists into attacking the whites.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If you are done FUMING, can we get back to this issue here? Malema's outburst is the problem, not the BBC. The BBC reporter only stated he lived in Sandton, which is considered high brow compared to other areas. If your idea of free press is concluding that Journalists have no right stating this fact , I don't know what will work for you.

Uhhh,  We never left the issue in the first place (BBC reporter vs Julius Malema). Need I stress the word BBC!!!.

The BBC reporter Jonah fisher is not new to Malema and was not trying to ascertain or convey any new fact to us from Malema. The point was simply trying to aggrevate Malema by asking "that question."  If he was a good reporter he would have done his research and understood that Malema has been confronted several times with this same question and has answered it thoroughly in several interviews. The purpose in the questioning is to "UNDERMINE" the message he was trying to convey concerning the MDC's comments about his visit to Zimbabwe not to report any news my dear Kobojunkie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJYDcx7ltMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwlz31pXrU&feature=related

Kobojunkie:

Malema here does not represent BLACKS, so this is NOt a BLACK AND WHITE issue. The man is arrogant and uncooth; there is no way you can cut past that. You don't need to live in the UK, watch BBC to know this. The video speaks volumes. Simple!
You need to learn a little more about Malema. He does speak for a lot of uneducated township dwelling(unfortunately majority are BLACK) Saffers who have no voice in political and social issues that affect them. I will admit he is a boistrous character and lacks a lot of articulation but what you should be asking is why till this point the ANC has not shut him up. Hmmmmm

Kobojunkie:

And this is where I believe people (both blacks and whites) should not only condemn TerreBlache( who met his fate at the hands of his own workers), but also extremists on the other side like Malema who tries to incite fellow black racists into attacking the whites.
The song is a freedom song from the Apatheid era sung by many activists till date but only emphasized by Malema. PS even Mandela sang these songs after being released from jail.

I think you should stick to micro issues on Nigeria Kobo, These larger African issues are really not your forte
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by igboitalo: 8:09pm On Apr 14, 2010
morpheus24:

Uhhh, We never left the issue in the first place (BBC reporter vs Julius Malema). Need I stress the word BBC!!!.

The BBC reporter Jonah fisher is not new to Malema and was not trying to ascertain or convey any new fact to us from Malema. The point was simply trying to aggrevate Malema by asking "that question." If he was a good reporter he would have done his research and understood that Malema has been confronted several times with this same question and has answered it thoroughly in several interviews. The purpose in the questioning is to "UNDERMINE" the message he was trying to convey concerning the MDC's comments about his visit to Zimbabwe not to report any news my dear Kobojunkie.

You need to learn a little more about Malema. He does speak for a lot of uneducated township dwelling(unfortunately majority are BLACK) Saffers who have no voice in political and social issues that affect them. I will admit he is a boistrous character and lacks a lot of articulation but what you should be asking is why till this point the ANC has not shut him up. Hmmmmm
The song is a freedom song from the Apatheid era sung by many activists till date but only emphasized by Malema. PS even Mandela sang these songs after being released from jail.

I think you should stick to micro issues on Nigeria Kobo, These larger African issues are really not your forte
when i hear africans like u am very happy and i say maybe all hope is not lost
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2010
morpheus24:

Uhhh, We never left the issue in the first place (BBC reporter vs Julius Malema). Need I stress the word BBC!!!.

The BBC reporter Jonah fisher is not new to Malema and was not trying to ascertain or convey any new fact to us from Malema. The point was simply trying to aggrevate Malema by asking "that question." If he was a good reporter he would have done his research and understood that Malema has been confronted several times with this same question and has answered it thoroughly in several interviews. The purpose in the questioning is to "UNDERMINE" the message he was trying to convey concerning the MDC's comments about his visit to Zimbabwe not to report any news my dear Kobojunkie.

So, in your words, Jonah fisher, because other Journalists have confronted Malema on the same issue, has no right to re-state that fact?

morpheus24:

He speaks for them by promoting RACIST ideologies such as the one in the video on here? He speaks for them in the many racist comments that have been recorded in his name by South African media houses as well as international houses? So, essentially, you are here telling us that most of the uneducated township dwelling South Africans living are mostly RACISTS?

morpheus24:

Lol . . .
So, it is OK to continue singing songs that incite violence against people of other races just because someone else sang that song in the past? Are you serious? Does telling me to stick to Nigerian issues, which is what I am mostly here for since there are other forums out there dealing mainly in issues that pertain to other countries your way of saying you have no clue what you say and so would rather I not comment to reveal more of your ignorance on this issue?
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2010
igboitalo:

when i hear africans like u am very happy and i say maybe all hope is not lost

Thank the true free flow of the information age that we are living in today

Unfortunately some of us who rely on these "reliable news' sources are still very much in the dark with what truly goes on.

The simple truth is that Malema is not trying to win any PC points and has never admitted nor wanted to come off as elitist. The secret to his success is that he engages the disenfranchised people at a grassroots level. What people fear is the potential of the power he might garner for there is true power in the people if you can control their perceptions. Even the Journalists know that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Israel Bombs Sudanese Rockets Factory / Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid Backs Two-state Solution ( Pics, Video) / Greece, First Orthodox Christian Country To Legalise Same-sex Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.