Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." (16258 Views)

South Africa's Julius Malema Is Back ! / Curtain Call For South Africa's Julius Malema Show / ANC Suspends Julius Malema - Whats Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by preselect(m): 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2010
@montelik

i must explicitly express my unalloyed, unadulterated and undented apologies for using a very mild display of billo the clown to express the virulence of fox news elements. perhaps i may apologise to julius malema too grin because his verbal diarrhoea is unfairly compared to fox news propagated verbal poisoning.

i tried to use the billo barney frank exchange but by the time the fire started, my laptop anti virus urgently shut down my computer. it remained shut for 5 good hrs grin . . . . what billo-the-clown can do
grin grin grin grin

my laptop is sensitive to incivility. it has a tolerance level cool
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2010
When you have an ape as a leader, this is what you are likely to get:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/article469308.ece/Cape-Town-at-crossroads-over-vandalised-toilets

[size=18pt]Cape Town at crossroads over vandalised toilets[/size]

“We can no longer continue on this path of confrontation and sabotage,” he told a city council budget meeting.

“Money that is badly need for service delivery is wasted through damage for the benefit of certain agendas.”

Earlier in the day the ANC youth league, which led the destruction of the controversial toilet structures on Monday, threatened widespread vandalism in the city in protest over service delivery.

Plato said that on the one hand the community had repeatedly confirmed it wanted the city to continue with the provision of the toilets.

“On the other hand they bow to pressure from the ANC youth league and other disruptive elements to disown the work and vandalise the equipment.

“Mr Speaker we cannot continue in this way. I am therefore asking the ANC as the governing party to publicly confirm by close of business on Thursday 27 May that they will constrain their youth league.

“They must prevent the league from intimidating the community and from organising this resistance and damage to public property paid for with public money.”

Plato did not say what would happen if the ANC did not meet the deadline, but it sounded very much like a threat of a high court injunction.

The controversy is over toilets installed by the city in the Makhaza area of Khayelitsha.

Residents apparently agreed to build enclosures themselves, but this was never done.

The city put up corrugated iron structures around the toilets on Monday, but members of the ANCYL and some community members immediately knocked them down, and taunted Plato to arrest them.

The league demanded concrete structures instead.

On Tuesday, the ANCYL’s Dullah Omar region called on the youth to vandalise the city over poor service delivery.

“We are going to destroy everything and make the city ungovernable,” threatened regional secretary Loyiso Nkohle, one of those responsible for the destruction of the toilet enclosures.

“We are calling on all youth to do this, especially those living in informal settlements.”

Regional treasurer Andile Lili said the ANCYL did not intend being violent, but was being forced to by the city.

“Anything with the city emblem on it will be destroyed,” he said, adding: “The youth league will be vandalising the city.”

The region had written an open letter to Human Settlements Minister Tokyo Sexwale asking him to intervene in the toilet debacle.

“Our complaint is based on the reality that African people residing in Makhaza, Khayelitsha, are forced to shit in full view of the public,” the letter said.

Asked if the league’s national office endorsed the Dullah Omar plans, ANCYL spokesman Floyd Shivambu rejected the report as “lies”.

“Do you call yourself a journalist?” he asked a Sapa reporter.

“How can you tell such lies?”

Also on Tuesday, Democratic Alliance leader Helen Zille described the destruction of the toilet enclosures as part of an ANC campaign of violence and intimidation against the DA in the Western Cape.

She would ask for a meeting with President Jacob Zuma to bring the incidents of intimidation against the DA to his attention, she said at a press conference in Cape Town.

The DA controls the city, the only metro not in ANC hands.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by RSA(m): 11:50am On May 26, 2010
The DA controls the city, the only metro not in ANC hands.

Meaning the only city still under apaartheid.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Lwandle(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2010
MALEMA DID NOTHING WRONG IN MY OPINION.

THAT PATRONIZING CONDENSCENDING REPORTER GOT JUST WHAT HE DESERVED, WHEN YOU ARE IN A REVOLUTIONARY HOUSE YOU BETTER BEHAVE ACCORDINGLY ESPECIALLY IF YOU REPRESENT OUR FORMER AND CURRENT COLONIALISTS PROPAGANDA MACHINE!
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by thameamead(f): 1:24pm On May 29, 2010
julius malema ?he's a thug with a big mouth.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On May 29, 2010
The idiot is put in charge of the YOUTHS . . . the next generation of leaders in that country and the ANC does not see how that is a serious problem that needs to be mitigated.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Beaf: 4:28pm On May 30, 2010
There is no way South Africa will not demand land reforms like Zimbabwe has (an successfully too). Malema has been a worthy tool in the hands of the ANC to see how far that push can go. The Western press has dissipated their energy going after Malema and unwittingly brought racial prejudice and equalities back to the front burner of World public opinion.

South Africa must now be brave enough to take the bit between the teeth and go full thrust into land reform. Blacks are suffering as second class citizens on their own land. Zimbabwe waited 15 years, SA has now waited 20 years, when will the long suffering townships cry, uhuru?

Guess what? Zimbabwe's economy shocked the West by growing by a stunkin' 4% last year. South Africa can take solace from that, their economy is in greater shape than Zims ever was to take on the challenges of land reform; also, the Worlds financial driving seat has moved several degrees east.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by ayo84(m): 7:49pm On May 30, 2010
this julius guy is way too rude, he is even rude to mandela and to mbeki,guy has no respect and funny , he has tonnes of supporters in south africa, he might even become a threat to the world cup, he believes that the white men in SA are still running the economy and enjoying the wealth of the country to the detriment of the real black south africans.well he's right though, but he's too rude
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Ojame(m): 7:58am On May 31, 2010
Funny stances being taken here. All I can say is, 'learn wisdom from the pupil of the eye which is all seeing, except for self' Worse things are said and done here at home! wink
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2010
I think I predicted this exact outcome to the one known as Kobojunkie. Everyone thought the ANC woudl go for his head.

If you know anyting about SA politics and the ANC then you would have anticipated this outcome

Morpheus 1: Kobojunkie 0

Stay tuned for Round of 16 to quarter finals, lol
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by MyJoe: 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2010
morpheus24:

If you know anyting about SA politics and the ANC then you would have anticipated this outcome
Right.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by thameamead(f): 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2010
what i find bizaare is the povery level in SA, i wonder what jacob zuma is doing about it, i have watched lots of documenties on Channel 4 and the BBC about aids as well as people living in shanty towns, don't u all forget the way kids as young as 4 yrs ols are being raped and molested on a daily basis, the government had to move thousands of people to build the stadium, then there are thousands of zimbabwe's seeking refuge in over crowded churches just for the night, when will african governmements start looking after his citizens.

julius malema's attitude stinks while Jacob Zuma is a joke,
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 1:28pm On Jun 04, 2010
thameamead:

what i find bizaare is the povery level in SA, i wonder what jacob zuma is doing about it, i have watched lots of documenties on Channel 4 and the BBC about aids as well as people living in shanty towns, don't u all forget the way kids as young as 4 yrs ols are being despoiled and molested on a daily basis, the government had to move thousands of people to build the stadium, then there are thousands of zimbabwe's seeking refuge in over crowded churches just for the night, when will african governmements start looking after his citizens.

I am sorry but the BBC and the UK in general are a terrible source of information for the realities on the ground in SA.

I think they want to paint a pic of the country as really bad so other europeans won't swamp there buying up homes and making it on of  their major holiday destinations.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by RSA(m): 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2010
thameamead:

what i find bizaare is the povery level in SA, i wonder what jacob zuma is doing about it, i have watched lots of documenties on Channel 4 and the BBC about aids as well as people living in shanty towns,

What I find bizare is the level of ignorance from you,I hope you know what apaartheid was,although it has the backing of USA,Britains and so called civilised countries it was racists and inhumane system(read more about apartheid).Your BBC's where part of the people who where supporting it.Now having said that,I am one of 99.8 % of South Africans who where disgusted after reading reports about incidents where baby was raped,I have to agree that some small percentage of our people are sick mentally and fell sad for them and I  hope they get help.Zuma is working for African National Congress,which has govern the new South Africa since its inception in 1994,yes there is plenty of poverty but there is also a lot of improvements in peoples lives.
For the first time poor black people can send their children to school from primary to high schools for free,healthcare for everyone in South Africa in public hospital is free,goverment have builded three million houses for poor  people for free.Now if that is not caring for people then tell me what must be done

thameamead:

I would  take Malema who as a youth play a role in our democracy than educated youths anywhere in the world who's job is to party,And I don't know why you are so negative toward Zuma who has been in office for less than a year,and in my books have done fairly well.
Too much BBC will will make you see Africa as backward,no hope continent,and you as an Africa in Europe will be stuck there as a second class citizen,while we in Africa continue making money and taking part in shaping the new Africa
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Beaf: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
^
I've said it over and over that, I once complained several times to the BBC after they published the apartheid flag on the Africa news homepage. Did the BBC care one bit? They didn't bother to reply several emails and left the abominable flag there for a further 2 weeks.
If anyone thinks BBC is a good source of African news, we need to put in work to draw them back home.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by RSA(m): 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^Thank you,I think we will all agree that Africa has some terrible leaders but if you lives in Africa you'll agree with me that Africa is changing,we no longer have brutal civil wars,and the quality of our current leadership is improving.I personaly feel the birth of a new Africa,that is succesful and united.
South African businessmen knows this,just look at their investment throughout Africa.When Zuma visited Angola he took with him more than 250 businessmen with and I think he will do the same when he visit other African countries including Nigeria.

Africas time has come,and as Africans in Africa let's continue to work hard in building our so called 'cursed' continent,it is our home,our only home.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by MyJoe: 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2010
RSA:

For the first time poor black people can send their children to school from primary to high schools for free,healthcare for everyone in South Africa in public hospital is free,goverment have builded three million houses for poor  people for free.Now if that is not caring for people then tell me what must be done
Applause!

RSA:

^^Thank you,I think we will all agree that Africa has some terrible leaders but if you lives in Africa you'll agree with me that Africa is changing,we no longer have brutal civil wars,and the quality of our current leadership is improving.I personaly feel the birth of a new Africa,that is succesful and united.
South African businessmen knows this,just look at their investment throughout Africa.When Zuma visited Angola he took with him more than 250 businessmen with and I think he will do the same when he visit other African countries including Nigeria.

Africas time has come,and as Africans in Africa let's continue to work hard in building our so called 'cursed' continent,it is our home,our only home.
Applause!!

I see you can talk calmly and sensibly when you decide to. Quit displaying extreme nationalism and hating on Nigerians.

Edit:
Ouch!  I got RSA mixed up with Mpele!  shocked RSA does say sensible things and does not hate on Nigerians. I say sorry in Zulu!
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
morpheus24:

I think I predicted this exact outcome to the one known as Kobojunkie. Everyone thought the ANC woudl go for his head.

Stay tuned for Round of 16 to quarter finals, lol

uumm . . . . where exactly do you have me making the claim you PRETEND I made? The ANC knew of his character but still kept him on. Why would they suddenly decide to go for his head for this when he is so powerful that many ANC leaders are too afraid to even scold him. Like I said earlier, if this is about scoring brownie points or something that is fine but just DON't LIE to get them.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

uumm . . . . where exactly do you have me making the claim you PRETEND I made? The ANC knew of his character but still kept him on. Why would they suddenly decide to go for his head for this when he is so powerful that many ANC leaders are too afraid to even scold him. Like I said earlier, if this is about scoring brownie points or something that is fine but just DON't LIE to get them.

1. Is your name[b] Everyone[/b]?

2. Go back to pages 5 of this thread and read what you posted praising the ANC on their decisive disciplinary action.  then read my response on the predicted outcome of the so called disciplinary "racist charge". Anger management classes. HA! HA!.

3. I don't like Brownie's they taste NASTY!!!

At least now you admit he is more powerful than you had earlier expected. I thought he was just a lonely racist who didn't have the influence over a segment of the people Hmmmm?

Quarter finals

Stay tuned for semi finals
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2010
So, I praise the ANC for talking to him means I emphatically stated that the ANC will DEFINITELY get rid of the man? He is more powerful? When did I admit that ? What is this? How old are you? You know what? Forget I even engaged you on this cause this is still not going to lead anywhere sane as it hasn't for over 5 pages.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2010
thameamead:

I think the issue is ANC leaders now realize they have a problem that has gotten bigger than they can control. They let the rogue run wild for way too long and now he is too much for them to handle. So they each want to play nice, and on his good side so they can continue to remain in power. Reports are those who have stood up to him in the past have lost their posts as a result.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, I praise the ANC for talking to him means I emphatically stated that the ANC will DEFINITELY get rid of the man? He is more powerful? When did I admit that ? What is this? How old are you? You know what? Forget I even engaged you on this cause this is still not going to lead anywhere sane as it hasn't for over 5 pages.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!, EHHH, Did somebody say something??
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by RSA(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2010
@ Mr Mo

Please listen to this interview,Julius Malema on 702

The link,

http://www.zoopy.com/audio/3e9p/redi-direko-interviews-anc-youth-league-president-julius-malema
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by morpheus24: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2010
RSA:

@ Mr Mo

Please listen to this interview,Julius Malema on 702

The link,

http://www.zoopy.com/audio/3e9p/redi-direko-interviews-anc-youth-league-president-julius-malema

Impressive interview. It seems the reporters are trying to frazzle Julius into ranting in an attempt to get him to say something outrageous. The guy is becoming a master of interviewing.

As far as i am concerned I see no clear evidence presented by reporters regarding any corruption issue at the moment and therefore at present cannot fault Mr. malema for anyting

The journalist really need to do better. This is just pure sensationalism
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by RSA(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2010
The BBC interview audio link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10151548
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by RSA(m): 8:41am On Dec 15, 2010
Interview with Debora Patta of 3rd Degree,a friend of my mine was a cameraman and said that the part where they where talking about his weight,food was off record,and Malema was not aware that she was busy recording.

Basically she was trying to expose him,

http://mhambi.com/2009/12/julius-malema-vs-deborah-patta-video-interview/
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by cheikh: 1:08am On Jan 29, 2011
@Sagamite
A war would cost them how many billion dollars? Only one billion dollars in bribery money would secure them all the flow of oil they want i[b]n Nigeria,[/b] without having any of their soldiers die or facing their home pressures of going to war.

@Sagamite
Ah Ah that's a bit too expensive wink Presently, what's the going rate/ price for the 'Niggaz' grin grin    Pls could you bring your price down grin
winkWe don't use such crude and fancy words like - Bribery and Money either wink in that line of business.
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by RSA(m): 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
By SAPA, 2011/04/08
Julius: I Meant No Harm With 'Kill The Boer'
ANC Youth League president Julius Malema meant no harm when he sang the struggle song with the words "shoot the boer", saying the word "boer" in liberation songs referred to the "system of white oppression", he said in court papers.

"Contrary to the sentiment expressed by some, which sentiment I believe is misplaced and unreasonable, I do not sing liberation songs with any intent to be hurtful, or propagate hatred," he said in a witness statement.

"Reference to 'boers' or 'ibhunu' in liberation songs is simply a reference to the system of white oppression from which every South African both black and white had to be liberated."

The hate speech case against Malema for singing the struggle song with the words "shoot the boers" on a number of occasions begins at the High Court in Johannesburg on Monday.

"I also dispel as unfortunate the notion that when these songs are sung, they will in some way inspire others to hurt, harm or hate whites or 'boers'," he said.

"I believe that this notion can only be founded upon a belief that the majority of black people are so gullible to the extent that they would simply mistake a liberation song for a call to war against their fellow citizens.

"I am of the view that at the centre of the anxiety of the sort expressed in this complaint, is this unfortunate prejudice."

"In all of the occasions which I sang the said singing of the liberation song did not result in the killing, maiming or harming of any person or the Afrikaners purportedly represented by the complainant.

"I submit that the complaint is at best an unfortunate misconception of history, At worst, it is a manifestation of prejudice and a misplaced belief that black people have no capacity to distinguish between a song and a call to arms."

http://news.za.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=156924669
Re: Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." by Sagamite(m): 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2011
cheikh:

@Sagamite

@Sagamite
Ah Ah that's a bit too expensive wink Presently, what's the going rate/ price for the 'Niggaz' grin grin    Pls could you bring your price down grin
winkWe don't use such crude and fancy words like - Bribery and Money either wink in that line of business.

Na "abeg, scratch my back" be the right words in that line of business.  grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Israel Bombs Sudanese Rockets Factory / Antonio Guterres: Humanity On Brink Of Nuclear Annihilation / Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid Backs Two-state Solution ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.