Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello (572 Views)

National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians / Fresh N10bn NHIS Scam: Buhari Presidency Stinks, Has No Honour Left- PDP / I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello by binsanni(m): 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2018
The Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, on Friday disclosed that his administration resorted to borrowing N10bn before it could clear four-month salary areas before the last Christmas.

He said the loan was added to the over N1.2bn that accrued to the state from Paris Club refund as well as the state’s November and December allocation before the feat could be achieved.

The governor spoke in an interview with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said, “In Kogi State today, we are up to date as far as salary is concerned. In December, Mr. President magnanimously assisted us with another tranche of Paris Club refund. Our own figure was N1.2bn and some other change on top.

“We didn’t just stop at that, we borrowed up to N10bn and we added November/December allocation to our figures and we were able to clear four months at a stretch before Christmas and some leftover were cleared before this January in Kogi State.

“As you all know the salary was very bogus and according to the figure we had we were able to distribute it among these months. So glory to God as far as Kogi State is concerned.”

From January however, the governor said workers in the state would be earning salaries based on the number of times they are present at work.

“Moving forward from this January, we have decided that we are going to make use of our clock-in device for every civil servant in Kogi State-both at local and state levels.

“So, as you come to work and clock-in, that is exactly how your salary will be generated. It is online, it is automated so nobody is going to cheat anybody.

“That is how we are going to go in the state. So, Kogi State civil servants and pensioners are all happy with this administration. Thanks to God and Mr. President for this magnanimity,” he said.

The governor also claimed that his administration had worked so hard on the security situation in the state to the point that no case of kidnapping or armed robbery has so far been recorded in November, December and January.

“The security operatives are collaborating with us, we are spending a lot on security.

“So collaboration between the security agencies and understanding by the people, they are giving us a lot of information and we are treating them with utmost secrecy and we are working harmoniously together.

“The Fulanis in Kogi State are equally collaborating with us. Even the criminal elements amongst them, they are the ones even apprehending them and handing them over to the security agencies. So we are living very harmoniously with the Fulani herdsmen, farmers and the citizens.

“Travelers are safe day and night because anywhere you go, you see security operatives and we have even vigilantes, hunters that are equally assisting us in our farms and so many other deserted areas. So Kogi is very safe,” he claimed.

On the 2019 general elections, Bello recalled that his state has already endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari for second term.

He boasted that the state would return a number of votes that will dwarf that of the President’s home state, Katsina.
http://ebirareporters..com.ng/2018/01/i-borrowed-n10bn-to-clear-salaries-says.html

Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
To kogi workers, have all your arrears been cleared??
If no, then your Governor have lied against you
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello by IamGoke(m): 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2018
U borrowed #10 billion??

Okay! Debt for incoming government!
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello by marooh: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2018
grin
Yamaha belo is too early for d joke nah cry

Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello by yarimo(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
That is very commendable from Governor YAHAYA BELLO of kogi state.
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello by uwa1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2018
So we should clap for u abi.... Clueless man...
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello by azimibraun: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
A young man aside lying publicly, is celebrating the fact that he borrowed N10 investable billion to pay salaries. With investors around the world looking for where to put their monies and kogi having so much investment opportunities? Danm!!!! At what percentage was the borrowing done and what is the life span of the loan and from which bank or lender?

1 Like

Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello by eejo(m): 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2018
he paid 60percent to kogi workers as at now workers are getting set for a show down with the Gov over their 40percent balance
Re: I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salaries, Says Yahaya Bello by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
at times i wonder where our leaders place their conscience. ..why so much lies. ...I keep asking myself, do nigerian leaders think of death attimes, knowing that they will die someday....

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Tinapa / The Youngest And Accidental Gomina Yahaya Bello / Fayemi Instigating El-rufai To Sack Kaduna Teachers – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.