Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? (8608 Views)

Life Is Very Hard Without God / Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? / What Man Truly Is Without God - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by adepeter2027(m): 11:58am On Jan 07, 2018
Purebeerry:
Good things happens to bad people and bad things happen to good people, life is not a bed of roses.
Exactly my point....

You count the hits as ANSWERED PRAYERS but ignore the loss and say LIFE ISN'T BED OF ROSES.

Besides, your quote above is evidence that prayer is baseless cos bad things ain't suppose to happen going by the logic and definition of prayers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by EBUBS(m): 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lord i want to be close to you. I want to be so convinced about your existence that i won't have to ask questions or swayed by the opinions of others.. Amen.
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by traeces(m): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
Partnerbiz3:
I am no atheist.
I know God exists but I am confused as to the extent of his roles in our lives.

At times, I wonder if he truly cares.

I wonder why he allows accidents when he can stop it since he is omnipotent.

I wonder why he allows people to be massacred in his churches why worshipping him.

I wonder why it appears Christians are worse off than unbelievers.

I could cite 1 million instances.

I just wonder, maybe God afterall doesn't bother about us. Maybe he wants to help us but CANNOT.

Or If actually he CAN yet unwilling, isn't he malevolent?

I just wonder , confused and dispirited.

You have made very important points that I cannot ignore. I will respond in line with two scriptures;

Psalm 115:16
The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

ROM 8:19-24
For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?

In the light of these scriptures, note:
1) God who created both the heavens and the earth gave the earth to man who in turn gave it to the devil when he fell in the garden

2) The devil thereafter became an important player in what happens in the earth through the instrumentality of man.

3)Even creation was not spared the pains of the bondage of decay.

4) There is the hope that both we and creation will be liberated when the sons of God are revealed

5) Even now, God gives his own victories through all the tribulations and difficulties we face.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Hotshawarma(m): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
UBGG:

During the great temptation, satan offered Christ the world. Ever wondered why Jesus' answer wasn't "hey, you cannot give me what's already mine"?

When satan was cast down to earth from heaven, a voice was heard saying, "Woe unto mankind".
This is not the original world God designed, it was hijacked by satan and he rules it now. Christ knew that, satan did too hence his proposal.

God's Kingdom will come.

Now, here's the physical angle to it...

Our commitment to the law, 'Love man and love God' will mitigate the pains we go through as humans. Take for instance the hate going on this forum, the people are real as is the hate. They are the ones one might end up doing business with, perceive as great friends, get married to, amongst other things. All of which would be a disaster.

I know it's easy to wanna blame God but man's heart is wicked, full of hate, hubris, avarice and he's self-destructive too.

You have not answered his question,you are just beating around the bush.....he asked that why did GOD allow people to be bombed while worshipping him (GOD) in church.....why allow them to die,?why can't he prevent it......

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Hotshawarma(m): 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
traeces:

You have made very important points that I cannot ignore. I will respond in line with two scriptures;

Psalm 115:16
The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

ROM 8:19-24
For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?

In the light of these scriptures, note:
1) God who created both the heavens and the earth gave the earth to man who in turn gave it to the devil when he fell in the garden

2) The devil thereafter became an important player in what happens in the earth through the instrumentality of man.

3)Even creation was not spared the pains of the bondage of decay.

4) There is the hope that both we and creation will be liberated when the sons of God are revealed

5) Even now, God gives his own victories through all the tribulations and difficulties we face.
GOD is omnipotent na,why can't he just stop all the suffering and deaths that his followers are facing??since he said he loves them....

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Hotshawarma(m): 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
pacretus:

BORN AGAIN? God is under no obligation to help a sinner.
so in other words those that were killed by boko haram inside church were all sinners??bimbo odukoya that died too was a sinner too ba??all the men of GOD that died very early were sinners too right??ok ooo

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by traeces(m): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hotshawarma:
GOD is omnipotent na,why can't he just stop all the suffering and deaths that his followers are facing??since he said he loves them....

Don't you love yourself? Why do you force yourself to or at least feel the need to work out?

God is a due process God, there are orders he has ordained which he does not break and the devil knows it. So the devil has a right in been here at least for now and God will not cheat him out of that right because he is omnipotent.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Burgerlomo: 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
Yes ooo, it's only a lunatic person that will say there is no God. I'm nothing without you father

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by lorenzolotua: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
YorubaMuslims:
God could be nothing without me because...
God want me to contribut money for His works, want me to spread His message, want me to labour in his church and still expect my hard earn money.

God is a nonentity

May GOD forgive you for u do not know how animalistic you are, KYRIE ELEISON!

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by jaxxy(m): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
gregyboy:

What are you saying that pastors dont die or revs
To my views i believe bible is the book of morals which deals on human consciense

I ask myself if God was all that powerfull than our local gods why didnt they allow the missionaries fight our gods and use the soliders fight our armys but no it wasn't so the missionaries took their bibles and fled and let the soliders do it

Religio. As a whole as bleeped africa up right from time now ethnicity has been added to nigeria can we recover

Same religion dat has blessed the western worlds bleeped Africa? Listen to ur logic again. Africa bleeped herself dat wat it is. Take responsibility for ur actions. By the what was africa b4 the west brought their religion? Stone age existence, twins killings, no education. Think!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Hotshawarma(m): 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
traeces:

Don't you love yourself? Why do you force yourself to or at least feel the need to work out?

God is a due process God, there are orders he has ordained which he does not break and the devil knows it. So the devil has a right in been here at least for now and God will not cheat him out of that right because he is omnipotent.
so GOD now decided to allow devil kill GOD children while they were serving him??so all in the name of "due process" he permitted devil to kill them right??he intentionally did not stop the devil....ok ooo
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by IHEKE123: 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
i realized in 2015 that GOD IS MY ALL
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Omooba77: 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
Zanders:

It dawned on me in the year 2012, when I did a surgical operation. I was on bed for good four months. To an extent, I was ruled out, and was discharged to die at home. God came to my rescue! I was given a second chance! I was saved!
God is the owner of life, and everything we have. Without him, we're meaningless.
To God be all the Glory!
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by traeces(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hotshawarma:
so GOD now decided to allow devil kill GOD children while they were serving him??so all in the name of "due process" he permitted devil to kill them right??he intentionally did not stop the devil....ok ooo

My dear, this animal life of being born, eating, sleeping, marrying, giving birth to children and dying is a cycle that God does not value the same way you do.
He let his son Jesus die remember? Paul said, "for to me, to die is GAIN". If you are so afraid of dying, it is either because you have not made peace with your maker or you have no idea what God has prepared for those who love him.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
Partnerbiz3:
I am no atheist.
I know God exists but I am confused as to the extent of his roles in our lives.

At times, I wonder if he truly cares.

I wonder why he allows accidents when he can stop it since he is omnipotent.

I wonder why he allows people to be massacred in his churches why worshipping him.

I wonder why it appears Christians are worse off than unbelievers.

I could cite 1 million instances.

I just wonder, maybe God afterall doesn't bother about us. Maybe he wants to help us but CANNOT.

Or If actually he CAN yet unwilling, isn't he malevolent?

I just wonder , confused and dispirited.
Read about deism.
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hotshawarma:
You have not answered his question,you are just beating around the bush.....he asked that why did GOD allow people to be bombed while worshipping him (GOD) in church.....why allow them to die,?why can't he prevent it......

Why allow them to die?

Immortality isn't one of the perks of being a Christian.

Why allow them be bombed?

I am pretty sure it wasn't God who went there to bomb them. It was man. I am also sure at some point before they went on the bombing spree, a voice inside of them pointed out how wrong it was. Now, God will not compel you to do his biddings, he'll suggest the right path and let you make your choice.

The big 'problem' here is His mercies towards the good and the evils ones. We all live long enough to do what they do best.
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
Xisnin:

Nice tale.
god suddenly become powerless when it is time to accept responsibility for bad things but very powerful when good things happen.

Ok.
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by SweetyMarvel00(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
Absolute truth. I am nothing without God
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Hotshawarma(m): 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
UBGG:

Why allow them to die?

Immortality isn't one of the perks of being a Christian.

Why allow them be bombed?

I am pretty sure it wasn't God who went there to bomb them. It was man. I am also sure at some point before they went on the bombing spree, a voice inside of them pointed out how wrong it was. Now, God will not compel you to do his biddings, he'll suggest the right path and let you make your choice.

The big 'problem' here is His mercies towards the good and the evils ones. We all live long enough to do what they do best.
so it means that even those that worship GOD cannot be saved from enemies except if the enemy decides to listen to GOD,how myopic does that sound to you??smh

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Hotshawarma(m): 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
traeces:

My dear, this animal life of being born, eating, sleeping, marrying, giving birth to children and dying is a cycle that God does not value the same way you do.
He let his son Jesus die remember? Paul said, "for to me, to die is GAIN". If you are so afraid of dying, it is either because you have not made peace with your maker or you have no idea what God has prepared for those who love him.
so those children that keep dying everyday,GOD allowed them to die because he does not value the animal life people are living on earth??who created them on earth to live the life on earth??was it not the same GOD??smh....,
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by traeces(m): 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hotshawarma:
so those children that keep dying everyday,GOD allowed them to die because he does not value the animal life people are living on earth??who created them on earth to live the life on earth??was it not the same GOD??smh....,

You just misquoted me. I did not say God does not value life.
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Please if someone says that he doesn't believe in God,why should that be a problem for some people,me I don't believe that there is someone who has the power to prevent all this natural disasters from happening,prevent women from being raped,prevent children from losing their parents and vice versa,prevent war from breaking out,prevent people from suffering and dying of various sicknesses, prevent every bad thing you can think of from happening but still allows them happen

If really such a being exists as most people claim then for me s/he or it is the most wicked and evil thing imaginable,I don't care about whatever reason s/he has for allowing bad things happen,if s/he can not find other ways of accomplishing those plans than letting bad things happen then to me s/he is wicked,that is the way I see it

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
And yes I am everything without "God"

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by pacretus(m): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
Partnerbiz3:

You sound quite unintelligent. But for that, I would have engaged you.
ok sir.the things of God,sounds foolish to the canal man.
I'd also not argue with you,because you think yourself as wise
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by solify003: 3:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
Wat can u offer God that is not in His possession? God is above all
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Sommycossy: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
yes God is the reason for my existence
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by pacretus(m): 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hotshawarma:
so in other words those that were killed by boko haram inside church were all sinners??bimbo odukoya that died too was a sinner too ba??all the men of GOD that died very early were sinners too right??ok ooo
There are those who lay down their life for the gospel(matyrs).and those who refuse to die.king herod killed john the baptist and james but couldn't do same to peter.why because prayers were offered.book of proverbs says''as a man thinks in his heart,so is he''.christianity is such that,a man lives only by his faith.i.e what i believe won't work for you.if i believe that God can bless me but cannot protect my life,then He won't.but why? Because He made us a free moral agent,capable of believing anything.
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hotshawarma:
so it means that even those that worship GOD cannot be saved from enemies except if the enemy decides to listen to GOD,how myopic does that sound to you??smh

I envisage this is going to be one of those long, monotonous and vain arguments because you apparently argue only to win. I'm afraid I will no longer be enabling it.

Hold fast to your beliefs though, as I do mine.
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by ifenes(m): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Man is certainly nothing and won’t exist without God. I mean the real God who happens to be acting as Man. Reading through the comments shows some groups known as “Atheists” see God through the ideology of the Roman Catholic. So therefore they are just like the Christians themselves.

Yes man is nothing without God because man is only a prejection, reflection of God. God is man in human form experiencing life from a different angle. God become man so that man can go back to being God pretending to forget its essence. After the play and acting for several years of time he/she/it goes back to the original form called -God

God will be more understood if we stop looking at it from the view point of the western/ Catholic and Nigerian pastors interpretations. God is all that is, Energy that is in us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by gregyboy(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
jaxxy:

Same religion dat has blessed the western worlds bleeped Africa? Listen to ur logic again. Africa bleeped herself dat wat it is. Take responsibility for ur actions. By the what was africa b4 the west brought their religion? Stone age existence, twins killings, no education. Think!

it never better thier lives in anyway most scientist who made the world today. were never Christians nor muslims most where practising thier local religion what the Christian would call idol worship ...during the period of aristotle religion as a whole was been doubted men started thinking away from religion even the emeperor of rome drove him out and almost killed him.but still his revolution spreaded across europe,greece if you watch vikings you will understsnd what am saying even ragnar logbrok started doubting his own gods and started beliving in himself ...this is what brought the present world .africans were still in d age of faith believing thier sacrifice to thier gods will fight a war for them against machine guns that thier human sacrifice will restore peace to thier community religion subjugated africans into lazyiness thats why when the british came even the most religious kingdom was wiped out under 3 days in africa ...religion is a society and a culture to a particular people be it Christianity, islam and do you what happens to culture if it doesnt fit you abscond it..thats what the white did on time if not you will be waiting for jesus to come ill you of malaria which would i have killed you my nigga wake up
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by budaatum: 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
adepeter2027:
Has god ever considered .......
"How can a non-existing thing consider", asked the theist. "Bloody atheists".
Re: Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? by budaatum: 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
lilbest4:
I did a little research on Israel and I discovered that about 94% of the people whose history cover over 70% of the Bible are not even Christians. Why we come carry other people matter for head like this
You'd be amazed how few of them are Jews.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simple But Powerful Ways To Share The Good News / Listen To Pastor Adeboye's Preaching Here! / Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.