Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (9406 Views)

Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by enilove(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2018
Kingstanding:
. What you are saying now is that Jesus said we should curse our enemies isn't. Which kind of Christian are you? If the early Christian prayed that all their enemies should die, Can Apostle Paul will have the grace to write all the epistle he writes in the new testament? Believe it or not you too are enemy to someone,if we should pray that our enemies should die I believe there won't be anyone left again on earth. Lord Jesu forgive my enemies and give them the grace to know you more Amen.

Let me say thus again .
The enemies I pray against is Satan and his agents of darkness. This was part of my argument.

Jesus prayed for his enemies and prayed for Peter and other Apostles but did not pray for Judas Iscariot. Why?

Like what the devil is using Islam to do against Christianity and the world at large , are we to continue to pray for Islam to prosper in Nigeria. We can pray and should pray for ordinary Muslims but not Islam itself.

You can pray for your enemies but against the evil spirit inside him.You cannot pray for witches and wizards. But other enemies should be prayed for.

Why did Peter not pray for Anannais and Sapphira ?
Were they not enemies of the gospel which Satan wanted to exploit?
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by TheUbermensch: 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2018
delkuf:
so it your duty to protect yourself. if God should remove His of protection on life, do you have the power to secure your life for one minute. please mind you say. there is power in the tongue

So you'd rather your neighbour kills you when you have a chance to defend or protect yourself than actually protect yourself?

Lol. Since God's protection is sufficient why do you sleep with your door closed? Why do you clamour for the president to engage the security forces to go after killer herdsmen? Isn't it a sin to kill? Won't the soldiers have committed a sin by killing the terrorist herdsmen for killing priests in Benue?

Maybe Buhari has exactly like your mindset. Why act when God's protection is enough!?
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Lumig: 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
Islam is not an enemy of Christianity, Muslims aren't enemies of Christians
rather IGNORANCE is the enemy of Christians
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by walls01: 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

ARE Y'ALL FROM CROATIA?

BECAUSE CHRISTIANS IN MY COUNTRY ARE ALWAYS PRAYING THAT THEIR ENEMIES DIE BY FIRE.

THEY BELIEVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY THE ENEMIES (VILLAGE PEOPLE).

-OH, YOU DIDN'T DO TOO WELL IN YOUR EXAMS? BLAME IT ON THE ENEMIES.
-YOUR KID LEFT THE GAS COOKER ON AND IT LED TO A FIRE INCIDENT THAT BURNT DOWN THE HOUSE? THE ENEMIES AGAIN.
-YOU PAY LITTLE ATTENTION TO YOUR CAR AND NEGLECT THE VALUABLE PARTS.. BLAME IT ON THE ENEMIES WHEN YOUR TIRE BURSTS ON THE HIGHWAY.
-YOUR MARRIAGE IS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF PRIDE AND MISUNDERSTANDING? THE ENEMIES ARE AT WORK SURELY.
-YOU WOKE UP LATE AND MISSED AN IMPORTANT INTERVIEW? THE ENEMIES MADE YOU OVERSLEEP.
-YOU GOT EXPELLED FROM THE MINOR SEMINARY FOR EXAM MALPRACTICE? THE ENEMIES MADE YOU NOT TO STUDY AND SEDUCED YOU INTO CHEATING. THE ENEMIES WORSENED THE SITUATION BY USING THE ADMINS TO EXPEL YOU.

IN THIS COUNTRY EVERY BAD SITUATION IS THE WORK OF THE ENEMIES, AND "THAT OLD WIDOW IN THE VILLAGE".

JESUS TAUGHT CHRISTIANS TO LOVE AND PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES, BUT IN THIS COUNTRY EVERY CHRISTIAN IS PRAYING AGAINST HIS ENEMY, WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE NEXT CHRISTIAN WHO IS ALSO PRAYING AGAINST HIS ENEMIES -THE NEXT CHRISTIAN PRAYING AGAINST ENEMIES... AND IT GOES ON AND ON IN THIS CYCLE OF NONSENSE SUPERSTITIOUS BULLSHĮT.

not every situations it's natural my friend, but of course things become complicated when you can't tell the difference
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by walls01: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

I laugh when I read this nonsense. Muslims are devils and they worship Satan while Christians are saints and they worship God.

How many people has that Satan destroyed?
How many people has God destroyed?

God destroyed from old testament to new testament to the real world and till date, he still destroys yet Satan is the devil and God is as clean as fvck.

You sir and your ilks are far from doing justice to your brains

my friend, God has the power to give life and to destroy it, only him can. every disobedient soul will be destroyed
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
Dottore:

Now u see why we have problems in this country. Lip service everywhere
am not lip servicing any thing. You don't it. When the Spirit of Christ rule your will is no longer your will, but the will of Christ. That is the position am in now. I was writing an exam recently, and there was lot of malpractices which I was involved in, but the Spirit of Christ came into my heart, I stopped writing that exam with four papers left. I don't care if I fail that exam. my brother, when you allow God in your life, you will be doing somethings that naturally you can't do

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
walls01:

my friend, God has the power to give life and to destroy it, only him can. every disobedient soul will be destroyed

Does that nagate the fact that God has destroyed way more than Satan yet Satan is a devil and God is a saint?
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2018
delkuf:
am not lip servicing any thing. You don't it. When the Spirit of Christ rule your will is no longer your will, but the will of Christ. That is the position am in now. I was writing an exam recently, and there was lot of malpractices which I was involved in, but the Spirit of Christ came into my heart, I stopped writing that exam with four papers left. I don't care if I fail that exam. my brother, when you allow God in your life, you will be doing somethings that naturally you can't do

I need answers to some questions

Who is God?
Who is Jesus?
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2018
TheUbermensch:

So you'd rather your neighbour kills you when you have a chance to defend or protect yourself than actually protect yourself?

Lol. Since God's protection is sufficient why do you sleep with your door closed? Why do you clamour for the president to engage the security forces to go after killer herdsmen? Isn't it a sin to kill? Won't the soldiers have committed a sin by killing the terrorist herdsmen for killing priests in Benue?

Maybe Buhari has exactly like your mindset. Why act when God's protection is enough!?
it would be stupid of me to leave my door open. you dont try or test God. But for me, God's protection is enough for me.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by TheUbermensch: 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
delkuf:
it would be stupid of me to leave my door open. you dont try or test God. But for me, God's protection is enough for me.

Very well then.

I'd mark your username. And remind you anytime you blame Buhari for not taking security matters seriously.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

I need answers to some questions

Who is God?
Who is Jesus?
God is Gid. The supreme being. The creator of heaven and earth. and every thing you see. And the Lord Jesus Christ His is son. came to earth to die for our sins. and through His death we can receive the eternal life of God, and live above sin
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by walls01: 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

Does that nagate the fact that God has destroyed way more than Satan yet Satan is a devil and God is a saint?

try to understand, God is a judge Satan is not. a country has laws who breaks it is in the danger of the law. a judge passes sentence accordingly. the judge is only termed to be wicked when he passed wrong judgement.
God destroys all rebellious souls Satan entice a soul to be rebellious through tricky ways, therefore Satan is responsible for the death of the souls, just like a politician than sponsors thugs for killing purposes
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
delkuf:
God is Gid. The supreme being. The creator of heaven and earth. and every thing you see. And the Lord Jesus Christ His is son. came to earth to die for our sins. and through His death we can receive the eternal life of God, and live above sin

So God is God while Jesus is a son which make him an assistant God.

What does Jesus is lord means?
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by NembeBoy: 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
Dis is de dumbest write up I've seen in decades. U're obviously an educated illiterate. U've been taught by fools so far. Try to unlearn and relearn. God bless u!!
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Very well then.

I'd mark your username. And remind you anytime you blame Buhari for not taking security matters seriously.
thank you for this. I met someone recently, and our discussion led to decide that in Nigeria, it is only God that can save us. so I have decided that I may not cast my vote in next year election. we put out trust in this people and they have fail us, so it is time to put our trust in God. so am not believing in the change of any man, only the change of God
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2018
walls01:

try to understand, God is a judge Satan is not. a country has laws who breaks it is in the danger of the law. a judge passes sentence accordingly. the judge is only termed to be wicked when he passed wrong judgement.
God destroys all rebellious souls Satan entice a soul to be rebellious through tricky ways, therefore Satan is responsible for the death of the souls, just like a politician than sponsors thugs for killing purposes

How do you know the souls that are rebellious? God has destroyed virtually many things? Cain killed Abel and God was fine with it and even protected Cain. Fatricide began from here, the very beginning.

Cain fvcked his sister and God was also fine with it. Incestation began from the very beginning.

The is just few examples which was the beginning, such a God is devilish than whatever Satan is proclaimed to be
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

So God is God while Jesus is a son which make him an assistant God.

What does Jesus is lord means?
I never said Jesus is an assistant God. please let learn like matured people. now Jesus is Lord means, the Lord Jesus is also God. In acts 2: 36 says God has made Jesus Lord and Christ. that means due to the humility and obedience of Jesus by dying on the cross for us, God made Him God like Himself and Christ.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by TheUbermensch: 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
delkuf:
thank you for this. I met someone recently, and our discussion led to decide that in Nigeria, it is only God that can save us. so I have decided that I may not cast my vote in next year election. we put out trust in this people and they have fail us, so it is time to put our trust in God. so am not believing in the change of any man, only the change of God

Lmao.

It's nidderings like you that give Christianity a bad image of a religion of thoughtless souls. What's next? You won't work again because God provides? Or you won't sleep with your wife again because God gives children? How about not taking drugs next time you're ill because God heals?

Evidently you don't know how much God hates fools. Don't be one in an effort to misinterprete his words.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
delkuf:
I never said Jesus is an assistant God. please let learn like matured people. now Jesus is Lord means, the Lord Jesus is also God. In acts 2: 36 says God has made Jesus Lord and Christ. that means due to the humility and obedience of Jesus by dying on the cross for us, God made Him God like Himself and Christ.

Pls pick a poison rather than changing directions.

Initially you said God is God and Jesus is his son

Now you are saying God is God but God also made Jesus God because of his humility.

Which is which sir?
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by walls01: 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

How do you know the souls that are rebellious? God has destroyed virtually many things? Cain killed Abel and God was fine with it and even protected Cain. Fatricide began from here, the very beginning.

Cain fvcked his sister and God was also fine with it. Incestation began from the very beginning.

The is just few examples which was the beginning, such a God is devilish than whatever Satan is proclaimed to be

who told you God was fine with Cain killing Abel? everyone of us will be forgiven of our sins if we truly repent why still alive. every soul not acting in accordance with God can be destroyed anytime hence cases in the Bible. devil did not create man he entice man to sin against God the creator, hence be destroyed.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
walls01:

who told you God was fine with Cain killing Abel? everyone of us will be forgiven of our sins if we truly repent why still alive. every soul not acting in accordance with God can be destroyed anytime hence cases in the Bible. devil did not create man he entice man to sin against God the creator, hence be destroyed.

If he wasn't fine with it, how come God watched Cain kill abel without destroying Cain for it and even went far to protecting him. He protected him to the extent that he fvcked her sister and nothing still happened which means he was fine with whatever Cain did.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=TheUbermensch post=69604666]

Lmao.

It's nidderings like you that give Christianity a bad image of a religion of thoughtless souls. What's next? You won't work again because God provides? Or you won't sleep with your wife again because God gives children? How about not taking drugs next time you're ill because God heals?

Evidently you don't know how muc hates fools. Don't be one in an effort to misinterprete his words. [/quot . I never didn't say I wont work or marry. what I meant was that I wouldn't put my trust in a man, because it will fail. with all the promises of buhari, how many has he fulfill. answer me. give 50 years and continue to believe that he will give 5k to the old folks. that the price of oil will come down or any of his change slogan, nothing will happen. let remain there for life, nothing will happen. YOU continue believing on him to better your situation, but me I will trust only in God. thank you. And please don't insult me
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ahamonyeka(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
Copied from CBN...

.. Did Olga love those who wronged her? Instead of asking prayer that the injured man be healed, Olga could have asked that God punish them for their wicked ways.

Would that have been a Christ-like attitude? No. What did Jesus do the night He was arrested and Peter cut off the ear of the high priest's slave? That slave was an enemy of Jesus, but Luke tells us, "But Jesus said, 'Enough of this!' He touched the man's ear and healed him" (Luke 22:51).

We want to be like Jesus who loved His enemies and forgave them. In Matthew 5:44 He said, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." And again in Matthew 6:15, "If you do not forgive others, then your Father in heaven will not forgive the wrongs you have done."

Love is the greatest Christian virtue. First Corinthians 13:13 tells us, "Meanwhile these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love."

Christians should love God first. He will in turn put His love in our hearts so we can love both friends and enemies. "Jesus answered, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind'" (Matthew 22:37).

"And now I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" (John 13:34). Memorize this verse and repeat it often, remembering that a believer's most important responsibility to God and to His fellowman is love.

Memory Verses
You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.
- Matthew 5:43-45
pray for them to change from their evil way.

2 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by walls01: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

If he wasn't fine with it, how come God watched Cain kill abel without destroying Cain for it and even went far to protecting him. He protected him to the extent that he fvcked her sister and nothing still happened which means he was fine with whatever Cain did.

God created man has a free moral agent. why he did create man created man to be like him thus cannot interfere with the decisions of man, he only can judge but not interfere, that is why you see all kinds of unbelievable stuffs in life cause everyone is free to do what is in their heart. but he will bring all souls to judgement.
incest was part of God plan for man to fill the earth. ones that is accomplished the law came to separate man from animals.
in conclusion God forgive Cain hence protected him. God is a forgiving and loving God not willing for any to die but to repent and enjoy grace in fullest
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

Pls pick a poison rather than changing directions.

Initially you said God is God and Jesus is his son

Now you are saying God is God but God also made Jesus God because of his humility.

Which is which sir?
you didn't get it. yes Jesus is the son of God. and because He came to earth and died for our sins, without acting with pride or disobeyed God, God now made Him a God and Christ. for to better understand this, let say you have a company and your son is the MD of the company. You now told your son that if he could work and make the company grow to a certain level, you will make him the general overseer of the company both may be here in Nigeria and abroad. And your son attain that height, and you made him the general overseer. DOES that make him not your son any more? You only placed him in a better position. so the fact that God made Jesus doesn't mean He is not His Son. God only placed Jesus in a position that no one can reach. thank you
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
walls01:

God created man has a free moral agent. why he did create man created man to be like him thus cannot interfere with the decisions of man, he only can judge but not interfere, that is why you see all kinds of unbelievable stuffs in life cause everyone is free to do what is in their heart. but he will bring all souls to judgement.
incest was part of God plan for man to fill the earth. ones that is accomplished the law came to separate man from animals.
in conclusion God forgive Cain hence protected him. God is a forgiving and loving God not willing for any to die but to repent and enjoy grace in fullest

Since he doesn't interfere then it's means his servant and innocent can die as much as possible. People can die in churches, hospitals and elsewhere due to one factor or another. Innocent can't easily be killed and nothing happens because God is not interfering. Then those perpetrators would be protected and forgiven like he did to Cain while the dead is dead. That God is confused
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
delkuf:
you didn't get it. yes Jesus is the son of God. and because He came to earth and died for our sins, without acting with pride or disobeyed God, God now made Him a God and Christ. for to better understand this, let say you have a company and your son is the MD of the company. You now told your son that if he could work and make the company grow to a certain level, you will make him the general overseer of the company both may be here in Nigeria and abroad. And your son attain that height, and you made him the general overseer. DOES that make him not your son any more? You only placed him in a better position. so the fact that God made Jesus doesn't mean He is not His Son. God only placed Jesus in a position that no one can reach. thank you

In order words, there are two gods in heaven.

The God God and the Jesus God.

Which means Jesus is lord systematically elevates Jesus to be superior to God because Christians havs never said God is lord.

Christians have always prayed in the name of Jesus ONLY
Chrisitians always ask if you have given you life to christ and not God

Which means Jesus is important to Christianity and their God and not the God God.

Mind throwing more light into this sir
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Melvess(m): 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2018
cappinjerry:
Why do you pray for your enemies to die when you can kill them. Just save your god the stress and do it yourself. Anuofia
ignoramus undecided
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by walls01: 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

Since he doesn't interfere then it's means his servant and innocent can die as much as possible. People can die in churches, hospitals and elsewhere due to one factor or another. Innocent can't easily be killed and nothing happens because God is not interfering. Then those perpetrators would be protected and forgiven like he did to Cain while the dead is dead. That God is confused

you still don't understand life. when you see events happening you can't tell why it happened. if you read the Bible you will understand better. their is reward for all things you see good or bad, death is not the end my friend it is judgement time
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by anataala: 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
The First miracle of Jesus in The Holy Quran

The Bible says the first miracle of Jesus, occurred when he was over thirty years old. In John 2:1-10, this miracle when Jesus turned water into wine in a wedding. Jesus made this potent wine that the men have "well drunk." This was not grape juice. It was the same wine that, according to the Bible, enabled the daughters of Lot to seduce their father, Genesis 19:32-33. It was the same wine that the Christian is advised to avoid in Ephesians 5:18 "And be not drunk with wine." The Quran does not mention this alleged miracle to Jesus.

On the other hand, in Islam, Jesus′ first miracle occurred when he was a baby. He spoke as an infant. He talked to defend his mother from any devious judgment from her people. Now ask yourself, which version of the first miracle would you choose for Jesus? The Islamic version or the Biblical version? The Christian could read in the Quran everything he wanted to know about Jesus, but in the most noble, elevated and sublime language. A Christian or a Muslim, when reading the above story in the Quran, could not help being moved by it. I personally saw Muslim adults crying in humility when reading or listening to this miraculous story of the birth of Jesus.

The second section of Surah Maryam, Surah 19, Ayah 16 to 40, tells the story of the birth of Jesus:

16. Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.

17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.

18. She said: "I seek refuge from thee to ((Allah)) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah."

19. He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.

20. She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?"

21. He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, "that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us": It is a matter (so) decreed."

22. So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.

23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!"

24. But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): "Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;

25. "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.

26. "So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, "I have vowed a fast to ((Allah)) Most Gracious, and this day will I enter into not talk with any human being""

27. At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!

28. "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

29. But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30. He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

31. "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

32. "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

33. "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

34. Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

36. Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.

37. But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!

38. How plainly will they see and hear, the Day that they will appear before Us! but the unjust today are in error manifest!

39. But warn them of the Day of Distress, when the matter will be determined: for (behold,) they are negligent and they do not believe!

40. It is We Who will inherit the earth, and all beings thereon: to Us will they all be returned.

The above verses represent the personal side of the experiences of the worshippers of Allah in relation to their families or environment.
nathdim:
am not a religious person but that's utter nonsense how do you expect somebody in his write mind to believe the word of a cave man who never saw Jesus rewriting his story 600 years after his stay on earth telling you 1 angel Gabriel he saw in the Bible reappeared to him that smells like bull crap
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by anataala: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
The First miracle of Jesus in The Holy Quran

The Bible says the first miracle of Jesus, occurred when he was over thirty years old. In John 2:1-10, this miracle when Jesus turned water into wine in a wedding. Jesus made this potent wine that the men have "well drunk." This was not grape juice. It was the same wine that, according to the Bible, enabled the daughters of Lot to seduce their father, Genesis 19:32-33. It was the same wine that the Christian is advised to avoid in Ephesians 5:18 "And be not drunk with wine." The Quran does not mention this alleged miracle to Jesus.

On the other hand, in Islam, Jesus′ first miracle occurred when he was a baby. He spoke as an infant. He talked to defend his mother from any devious judgment from her people. Now ask yourself, which version of the first miracle would you choose for Jesus? The Islamic version or the Biblical version? The Christian could read in the Quran everything he wanted to know about Jesus, but in the most noble, elevated and sublime language. A Christian or a Muslim, when reading the above story in the Quran, could not help being moved by it. I personally saw Muslim adults crying in humility when reading or listening to this miraculous story of the birth of Jesus.

The second section of Surah Maryam, Surah 19, Ayah 16 to 40, tells the story of the birth of Jesus:

16. Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.

17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.

18. She said: "I seek refuge from thee to ((Allah)) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah."

19. He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.

20. She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?"

21. He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, "that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us": It is a matter (so) decreed."

22. So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.

23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!"

24. But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): "Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;

25. "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.

26. "So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, "I have vowed a fast to ((Allah)) Most Gracious, and this day will I enter into not talk with any human being""

27. At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!

28. "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

29. But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30. He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

31. "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

32. "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

33. "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

34. Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

36. Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.

37. But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!

38. How plainly will they see and hear, the Day that they will appear before Us! but the unjust today are in error manifest!

39. But warn them of the Day of Distress, when the matter will be determined: for (behold,) they are negligent and they do not believe!

40. It is We Who will inherit the earth, and all beings thereon: to Us will they all be returned.

The above verses represent the personal side of the experiences of the worshippers of Allah in relation to their families or environment.
delkuf:
the first miracle of Jesus cannot be captured in the Quran. please don't go there
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ladyF(f): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
All this one na story. Me, I am not Jesus! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Father's Day To All Roman Catholic Church Fathers / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In August 2018 / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.