Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

What Is The One Sign You Will Be Wealthy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The One Sign You Will Be Wealthy? (622 Views)

I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola / UK Agency Says Nigerians Respect Wealthy Prostitutes / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The One Sign You Will Be Wealthy? by GoldNiagara(m): 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
Benjamin Davis
works at University of Lisbon
I mentioned on Quora a study I conducted myself, by interviewing millionaires around the physical location where I am planning on retiring. Here are some good hints:

You accept delayed gratification. You accept the fact you won’t be rich overnight.
You can’t accept to have money just sitting in the bank, i.e. not generating more more money.
You find yourself finding it awkward that your account manager does not understand inflation.
You are more receptive to invest your money to gain more money than keeping it stopped so that you don’t lose it.
You think about how much money your favourite restaurant makes, when you go there to eat.
You understand that money is a tool and you don’t desire money, you desire cash flow.
You find it so much better to open you own business than working for somebody else.
You educate yourself financially (here’s a good list of Books).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The One Sign You Will Be Wealthy? by GoldNiagara(m): 12:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
What is the one sign you will be wealthy?
quora.com Jan 6, 2018 1:03 PM

Benjamin Davis
works at University of Lisbon
53w ago
I mentioned on Quora a study I conducted myself, by interviewing millionaires around the physical location where I am planning on retiring. Here are some good hints:

You accept delayed gratification. You accept the fact you won’t be rich overnight.
You can’t accept to have money just sitting in the bank, i.e. not generating more more money.
You find yourself finding it awkward that your account manager does not understand inflation.
You are more receptive to invest your money to gain more money than keeping it stopped so that you don’t lose it.
You think about how much money your favourite restaurant makes, when you go there to eat.
You understand that money is a tool and you don’t desire money, you desire cash flow.
You find it so much better to open you own business than working for somebody else.
You educate yourself financially (here’s a good list of Books).

Harshajyoti Das
A serial entrepreneur with 10 years of experience.
106w ago
I have talked a lot about this in my book, Be the Genius You Were Born to Be but here's one of them..

This is probably the most important sign that you will be wealthy:

Always question yourself, is your 100% good enough? How well do you really know your craft?

Whether you are into business or any other profession, the secret is not hard work but how well you carry out your work. There were many startups who had the same idea as Uber or Airbnb. The only difference was that the owners were able to execute it better than everyone else.

What's one habit that you should stay away from?

Never jump from ideas to ideas. Focus on one idea at a time. Build a successful business around it, and then move on to the next idea. Meanwhile, if you come up with new ideas, write them down on a notepad. You can always use them in the future.

Always streamline everything in your business.

Take the example of Steve Jobs. He removed 70% of the products when he became the CEO for the second time. Over 3000 employees lost their jobs but it was necessary to save his company.

I will end this with a quote from the legendary Steve Jobs,

“People think focus means saying yes to the thing you've got to focus on. But that's not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I'm actually as proud of the things we haven't done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.”

Skyler Irvine
CEO RenzlerMedia
101w ago
If I had to define it as just one thing, the best word that comes to mind is Drive.

When I was 20 I read somewhere that said "I can talk with someone for 5 minutes and then know their future."

At the time I thought this was a fallacy, as I have grown older I have learned how true this is. The words people use tell you so much about how they view the world.

People destined for success are not victims of circumstance. The words they use are optimistic.

Ideas are not what make people successful. There are good ideas a plenty. The world is full of them actually. But only a small percentage of people execute.

Sometimes these people even execute bad ideas. They may or may not work out, but the lessons learned during this process help them in their next venture.

Every mistake and obstacle is a learning opportunity. Just a hiccup along the way. You can hear this mindest in the words they use during a brief conversation.

Shark Tank

Take the show Shark Tank for example. If you watch these "venture capitalists" when they make a bet on someone, they are always investing in the person and not the product or idea.

A good idea run by the wrong person will not succeed. Too many variables. Too many obstacles. Too many opportunities for something to go wrong. People destined for success don't give up. Others do.

No Secret

There are no short cuts and no secrets. What might work for someone most likely won't work for someone else. So simply copying a successful person doesn't guarantee anything.

However, you can copy their habits. Their drive.

Andrew Piper
Actor, MSc Applied Positive Psychology, ultracrepidarian
146w ago
Phil Jones is right about having wealthy parents!

But if you're looking for a more psychological reason, it's the ability to defer gratification. The famous 'Stanford marshmallow experiment' was given to young children, and their progress measured through school and their work years. The children who had been able to wait for the second marshmallow, on average, had better grades, better jobs, and more satisfying, stable relationships than those who hadn't been able (or hadn't wanted) to wait.
Re: What Is The One Sign You Will Be Wealthy? by aykevictor789(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
Completely ignore Ponzi schemes
Re: What Is The One Sign You Will Be Wealthy? by taylor88(m): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
Diick itching

I know am gonna meet a sugar mum
Re: What Is The One Sign You Will Be Wealthy? by egopersonified(f): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2018
Anticipate change

Today's big thing could be tomorrow's worse thing. Keep your eyes and ears open for changes in your industry and position yourself to move before the tide comes in or ride with it as it goes out. Never wait to make a change after the tsunami.

Keep learning

Every association, event, challenge, etc is an opportunity to learn and understand the past or future. Never fight it, embrace the situations around you and strive to make it better. Learn the positives and negatives and move on.

Keep your hope alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The One Sign You Will Be Wealthy? by AustineE1: 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
'there are no failures on earth,except those who dont know how to succeed'-Isaac Newton!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:inec Will Not Count Prayer Poins,get Ur Pvc Now!!!! / Photos: President Buhari Receives Adams Oshiomole And Gov, Godwin Obaseki Today / Ohakim Threatens To Protest Unclad Against Non-payment Of Imo Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.