Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! (4802 Views)

President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State / Breaking News: CIA, FBI storm Nigeria; quiz Muttalab snr. / Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Travelista(f): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2010
YD:

u dey this country at all? did u follow the story at all? shocked  angry  embarassed @22, the boy is a grown man and his father cannot take responsibilities for the boy's actions. besides, in my opinion the father did more than an average father would do in cooperating with security operatives and even informing necessary authorities before hand who did nothing on their part.i do not think the father is to blame in any way at all

on speaking to obama on the boy's charges, i guess we'd have to wait to know the knid of leader jonathan may turn out to be.
so far, good steps on parts of all concerned.

So, I have to be in Nigeria to ask a pertinent question now? Of course I've been following this story; from the original reports to the accounts of the other passengers and their insistance that there was more than one man involved, I have watched it all, so miss me with the attitude. Adult or not, the terrorist's father was enough power (and wealth) to demand a private audience with the President. How do you think this situation would have gone had the boy's father been a danfo driver; he wouldn't have gotten past the first security checkpoint and we all know it.

Jonathan speaking to Obama on behalf of this little thug would just ruin any credibility that he otherwise would have had but that's the way of the Nigerian politician, isn't it?
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by sulad82i(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What was he telling FBI about yemen that they dont already know?
Tell me one thing, just one thing that he said about Yemen that was new.

Or they knew the exact group who trained him before he told them
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2010
sulad82i:

So they new he was there for months getting trained on how to develop explosive?

That was about his whereabout . . .  Tell me what he told them about Yemen as a place that is new to FBI
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by sulad82i(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That was about his whereabout . . .  Tell me what he told them about Yemen as a place that is new to FBI

His whereabout or not. When you have those pple pointing to 9ja that it was where he got trained. His statement made it clear.
And its not the new thing he has to point out about Yemen that stand out here
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by vislabraye(m): 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2010
Good!! Let him have a chat with the president. He has done quite well in helping the case ,
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by otukpo(f): 2:36pm On Apr 09, 2010
so make we begin dey dance.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by calabaman(m): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2010
The CIA and FBI can have his (mutallab) evil a.s.s, its pointless Jonathan n Obama wastin a second talkn about the yeye boy. If hes given amnesty who knws wat the jerk wud do nxt.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by MsTom(f): 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2010
I do not think Jonathan would be talking to Obama to release the boy. He should know that it is a No-No and that it would be an insult to him if he tries to. The boy is going to serve his terms. The only thing I believe they would talk about is how to make Nigeria an anti-terrorist nation and how Jonathan and Obama can sign a form of pact or an anti-terrorist act (america has always wanted this). It is good that Jonathan is getting his intel but isnt that too late? He should have done this months ago. He should be having meetings with the Nigerian Security agencies and not the father. But Nigerian being what they are, he is doing it a day before he is leaving. I wonder how much intel he would get now.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Outstrip(f): 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
I don't see how this makes sense. Why does he even want to give the idea that he is rubbing shoulders with the father of a terrorist. I don't see how that is a positive thing.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Meldrick(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2010
Outstrip:

I don't see how this makes sense. Why does he even want to give the idea that he is rubbing shoulders with the father of a terrorist. I don't see how that is a positive thing.

The son is a terrorist and that doesn't make the father a terrorist. Goodluck must gather the neccesary information needed so as not to look foolish in front of Obama when questions relating to AbdulMutallab pop up.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by jivelissie: 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
afanda:

I think Mutallab senior deserves a standing ovation! He did the best he cud when d ways of his son became unusual,not many parents will do that. Still as a father he stood by his son during his trail. It's gud Goodluck gives him a listening ear!!
yeah, he deserves a standing ovation and National father-of-the-year-award. *hiss*.
He reported his son and coperated with the authority thats his CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY!!!.
A Meeting with Goodluck for what? Amnesty/pardon for his son?.
I wonder if the same attention would have been given to less privilege father. Am sure lots of pple are on Goodluck waiting list to discuss IMPORTANT issues.
We have a huge problem in Nigeria, my fellow Nigerians you have no idea.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Outstrip(f): 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2010
Meldrick:

The son is a terrorist and that doesn't make the father a terrorist. Goodluck must gather the neccesary information needed so as not to look foolish in front of Obama when questions relating to AbdulMutallab pop up.

Still makes no sense. Number 1 if Goodluck wants to be briefed about what happens the last person he should speak to about it is the boys father. He should talk to his own people who investigated the case and hopefully were also working with the FBI. That makes more sense. Secondly, if the man was going to see Mr Goodluck then the media should not break the news like they were going to have a cup of tea together. It should be made clear that the President is not a sympathizer but that the Father requested a meeting and the President is granting it. There is no necessary info needed from the Father that the President can use to do anything official otherwise he risks looking foolish
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2010
Outstrip:

Still makes no sense. Number 1 if Goodluck wants to be briefed about what happens the last person he should speak to about it is the boys father. He should talk to his own people who investigated the case and hopefully were also working with the FBI. That makes more sense. Secondly, if the man was going to see Mr Goodluck then the media should not break the news like they were going to have a cup of tea together. It should be made clear that the President is not a sympathizer but that the Father requested a meeting and the President is granting it. There is no necessary info needed from the Father that the President can use to do anything official otherwise he risks looking foolish

How do u know that he is yet to talk to the investigators that were on the case, and he wanna hear the side of the father, and also use style know what has been going on btw the father and the American Authorities?
The dude is just doing his homework and getting some fact so he wont fumble in the white house
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by jivelissie: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

The dude is just doing his homework and getting some fact so he wont fumble in the white house
'the dude' is not going there for a pop quiz or a job interview *doh*. And as for doing his assignment, he is the Acting president for pete sake not an Investigator. I'll advice you reread the previous post.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2010
[size=15pt]Why?[/size]

Why is the president to visit the boy? Because he is the only Nigerian arrested in America? Or because he is the only Nigerian terrorist arrested in America? Or is it because the boy happens to be the son of a former highranking Nigerian? Which one?

[size=15pt]Why?[/size]
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Fhemmmy: 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
jivelissie:

'the dude' is not going there for a pop quiz or a job interview *doh*. And as for doing his assignment, he is the Acting president for pete sake not an Investigator. I'll advice you reread the previous post.

Sir, So the problem is not a national issue?
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by misterh(m): 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
Let's watch and see the outcome of the meeting.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by BlakkBoi(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2010
I wish Mr. Muttalab wont sell the idea of carrying diplomatic explosive to Jonathan like his son did. Even if he considers it an option they should please go with C4 and a remote detonator. ( A working one ) Not one that will make pant catch fire.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Fhemmmy: 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2010
BlakkBoi:

I wish Mr. Muttalab wont sell the idea of carrying diplomatic explosive to Jonathan like his son did. Even if he considers it an option they should please go with C4 and a remote detonator. ( A working one ) Not one that will make pant catch fire.

Was the Father part of the deal?
i think we need to be fair sometimes.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by rickie4us(m): 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
we don hear o
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^^ Lol
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by BlakkBoi(m): 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2010
I Honestly smell C4 in Jonathan's pant. grin
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by mrkoma2012: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2010
Who cares just cos a rich kid decides to blow his brains on a plane now his actions ve tarnished d already dented image of our nation called nigeria.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by sammytb(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2010
Well good sha
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by xterra2(m): 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2010
Infact, the idiotic mutallab may not be on Jonathans and obamas mind.What they will talk the more is how US are going to lend their support to Jonathans presidency.Remember the statement that US did when yaradua came back, saying that will further bring political logjam and bring more difficulties and also,cause further friction in naija(not exact quotes-but what they said), [size=20pt] How dare them?[/size].For god sake,this is his country and whether they like it or not(even we) he is the PRESIDENT!Legally for crying out loud, so he shouldnt come back US?huh,when the whole country was shouting for him to come back respect his citizens word!
People were shouting and throwing insults at Gaddafi when he said divide Nigeria!even Nigeria recalled its ambassador to Libya.[size=15pt]WTF are you kidding me?[/size]because he said so.Okay fine but lets face it [size=20pt]US SAID FAR WORSE THAN THAT RIGHT TO OUR FACE[/size] and the statement they made after yaradua came is another calamity!.
Let me be clear,i dont hate jonathan or obama,nor like yaradua but heres the truth and i dont oppose his going to US(even though i do what can i do? )I hope they discuss on thing that will make naija better.
[size=18pt]Lets face it[/size]
Am not saying they wont talk on mutallab,they will but not much!
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by jokingmary(m): 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
Are we really sure that Nigeria is going out of the list tongue
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by cicero(m): 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
What is wrong with this nation? is this really a banana republic? Our leaders meet with criminals, terrorists and their breeders, is it out of fear or because they have nothing else to do?
With all his wealth the only thing this individual gave back to Nigeria is a terrorist and bad image, a worthless gift for a nation that already has enough.
Now the president is inviting him, soon they will give him an award (that clown in the senate called ike ekweremadu actually moved for this) what does jonathan want to hear from him that sss can't grill out of him and submit their report?

This man reported his son to extricate himself after he saw where his handwork was leading him to.
Another tout will soon try this sort of nonsense believing that in addition to his 70 virgins his father will visit aso rock.

There is absolutely nothing to serve as a deterrent for this kind of behavior.
I can't believe this
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by BlakkBoi(m): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2010
xterra2:

Infact, the idiotic mutallab may not be on Jonathans and obamas mind.What they will talk the more is how US are going to lend their support to Jonathans presidency.Remember the statement that US did when yaradua came back, saying that will further bring political logjam and bring more difficulties and also,cause further friction in naija(not exact quotes-but what they said), [size=20pt] How dare them?[/size].For god sake,this is his country and whether they like it or not(even we) he is the PRESIDENT!Legally for crying out loud, so he shouldnt come back US?huh,when the whole country was shouting for him to come back respect his citizens word!
People were shouting and throwing insults at Gaddafi when he said divide Nigeria!even Nigeria recalled its ambassador to Libya.[size=15pt]WTF are you kidding me?[/size]because he said so.Okay fine but lets face it [size=20pt]US SAID FAR WORSE THAN THAT RIGHT TO OUR FACE[/size] and the statement they made after yaradua came is another calamity!.
Let me be clear,i dont hate jonathan or obama,nor like yaradua but heres the truth and i dont oppose his going to US(even though i do what can i do? )I hope they discuss on thing that will make naija better.
[size=18pt]Lets face it[/size]
Am not saying they wont talk on mutallab,they will but not much!

I bet your were trying to make sense but don't know how. Try harder next time
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by greateliso(m): 12:11am On Apr 10, 2010
nice talk, but i pray that one day we will be set free from vision/leadership problem. let him go see Obama
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by peacettw: 12:29am On Apr 10, 2010
I am truly amazed at the posts i am reading here. If obama in all his glory deemed it appropriate to talk with mutallab's father then i don.t see why our president shouldn't. Let's all come down from our high horses if we really want to get to the "ROOT" of our problems.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by Outstrip(f): 1:37am On Apr 10, 2010
First of all you are the only one that has said that Obama is more glorious than your president. No one here has said it. Also please wherever did you get the idea that Obama sat down with the father and "discussed" with him.
Re: Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! by uyipeace: 2:40am On Apr 10, 2010
Terrorism is not a Nigerian language, It is a language known to some backward Fulani in the north. I honestly dont see the Fulani as Nigerians. These people are from Niger Republic and Chad. In fact what we see as terrorism is activism to them, No need to delist Nigeria, We ought to stay on that list for years, it is the only thing that scare the bunch of wayward corrupt leadership we have here.

Obama, aha, That guy understand us like the back of our hands.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1999 Constitution: FG Plans 50 Sections For Amendment / What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.