Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing (60126 Views)

"The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria / You Will Not Believe This Transformation Of The UAE / Flood In Owerri City After 25 Minutes Rain (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by deomelllo: 12:03am On Jan 08, 2018
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by deomelllo: 12:11am On Jan 08, 2018
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by kikake: 12:16am On Jan 08, 2018
Abagworo:

90% of those who returned this season unanimously agree so you might belong to the 10%.

In your mind, Imo state is Owerri. Same goes for gov. Okorocha. Owerri was empty during the Xmas.
Orlu was filled to the brim.

But Orlu is in ruins outside the four roads expanded by Okorocha government in 2013.

Election day 2019 shall decide whether or not Imo state is only Owerri.
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by wristbangle: 12:29am On Jan 08, 2018
Scout60:

may your children treat you the same way rochas is treating IMO state pensioners

I reject this in Jesus name and back to sender
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by ChimaAgbalajob: 12:39am On Jan 08, 2018
post=63990147:
Osogbo Capital of Osun

2 Likes

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by kikake: 12:44am On Jan 08, 2018
PhockPhockMan:

Clap for yourself, Imo State has 27 local government area, out of which your celebrating with pictures taken in one local government.

Plus and Minus, APC and Okorocha are monumental failures in Imo State.

The Osun State guy with photos of development projects from all over Osun State has punctured Abagworo's bubble over Owerri.

In 2012, gov. Okorocha promised to spend N50 billion on modernization of Orlu.

The Promised Sports stadium for Orlu - no way.

The promised six-lane road on New Owerri Road Orlu - non existing.

Promised Prince Hotel Orlu - nothing.

Promised urban drainage system for Orlu - nothing.

You can curse and spit on Okorocha government if you drive on Orlu urban roads.

Seeing the dilapidated roads around the Imo International Market Orlu, you can quickly conclude that Okorocha is deliberately squeezing Orlu to coma.

1 Like

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by lilyheaven: 1:00am On Jan 08, 2018
Abagworo:

People too love the statues. I don't know if they all want to be moulded.
Are you for real? Are they all statues in one place?
If this is true, then it's crazy

1 Like

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by seguno2: 2:02am On Jan 08, 2018
Abagworo:
90% of those who returned this season unanimously agree so you might belong to the 10%.

Has Okorocha fully paid off the arrears of salaries and pensions as well as deductions owed for several months and years?

1 Like

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by seguno2: 2:06am On Jan 08, 2018
PhockPhockMan:

Clap for yourself, Imo State has 27 local government area, out of which your celebrating with pictures taken in one local government.

Plus and Minus, APC and Okorocha are monumental failures in Imo State.

Pictures taken in a tiny portion (5%) of one out of the 27 LGAs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Xtopher123(m): 5:54am On Jan 08, 2018
Whoever is promoting this mediocrity doesn't know what Infrastructural development is.. If truly there's development, we need not you to post pictures.. I'm from Imo and I know very well that Owerri which I ply through frequently has become an eyesore.. You get to see so many Poor Construction techniques and materials, failing on going construction and the Likes..

This is only one part of Owerri where the whole world see because it's a major road and you bring it up here as Transformation?

Every single Governor that has governed Imo has focused on this particular road.. It's high time we bought senses from whomever is selling.. And last I checked its FOC..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by MOWASOFT: 6:05am On Jan 08, 2018
WOW ,THIS IS NICE OH[color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Smath(m): 6:35am On Jan 08, 2018
AM VERY ANGRY WITH YOU THE OPP. EXACTLY WHAT THE DUMB GOVERNOR WANTS THATS WHAT YOU ARE DOING, HE STARTS BEAUTIFYING EVERYWHERE DURING THE XMAS PERIOD SO THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL BE AMAZED THAT HE IS DOING WELL.. WHAT HAPPENED TO OTHER INTER VILLAGE AROUND OWERRI CAPITAL THAT NEEDS TO TOUCH. DID YOU MOVE TO EGBU, MCC ROAD, URATTA, ORJI, IF HE DEVELOPS THESE PLACES WILL HE DIE.. YOU ARE NOT IN IMO AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE PASSING THROUGH IN THE HAND OF THIS WICKED BEING CALLED ROCHAS. YOU HAVE SNAP PICTURES AND UPLOADED HERE SO THAT THEY WILL CLAP FOR HIM BAA.. Bleep HIM

2 Likes

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by proffc: 6:37am On Jan 08, 2018
Is Osun now a S.East State?

carchatz:

ogbeni rauf has more projects than all the South East govs put together. opari
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by supereagle(m): 7:33am On Jan 08, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Okorocha Remains The Best Governor In The South East Followed Closely By Dave Umahi....The rest are as useless as they come especially Ikpeazu and That Orobo in Enugu State...

Okorocha For President 2023...
The one they now sing for that Ikiri is better than thief. The one that is owing pensioners and workers salaries, the one that is giving out the checks that will bounce.

1 Like

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Scout60(m): 7:45am On Jan 08, 2018
wristbangle:

I reject this in Jesus name and back to sender
y rejecting. I thought he is a good leaders
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Scout60(m): 8:07am On Jan 08, 2018
Abagworo:

Does he really need to stay in Owerri?

only those in owerri will understand that rochas is scam. know that this is rochas 7th year in owerri

by the way, may your children treat you the same way rochas is treating IMO pensioners

1 Like

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Kingsley10000: 8:12am On Jan 08, 2018
this is not the owerri I visited last 3yrs
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Abagworo(m): 9:50am On Jan 08, 2018
Smath:
AM VERY ANGRY WITH YOU THE OPP. EXACTLY WHAT THE DUMB GOVERNOR WANTS THATS WHAT YOU ARE DOING, HE STARTS BEAUTIFYING EVERYWHERE DURING THE XMAS PERIOD SO THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL BE AMAZED THAT HE IS DOING WELL.. WHAT HAPPENED TO OTHER INTER VILLAGE AROUND OWERRI CAPITAL THAT NEEDS TO TOUCH. DID YOU MOVE TO EGBU, MCC ROAD, URATTA, ORJI, IF HE DEVELOPS THESE PLACES WILL HE DIE.. YOU ARE NOT IN IMO AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE PASSING THROUGH IN THE HAND OF THIS WICKED BEING CALLED ROCHAS. YOU HAVE SNAP PICTURES AND UPLOADED HERE SO THAT THEY WILL CLAP FOR HIM BAA.. Bleep HIM

I went to House of Freeda at MCC/Uratta and I noticed that the road is being exoanded to 10 lanes. I guess you've not gone round. Even Spibat road has been expanded to 10 lanes.Orlu road has been expanded to 8 lanes just like Okigwe road up to Glass House. A lot of work is going on in the villages and other towns too like Amaraku, Anara, Amucha, Awo Omamma, Mgbidi, Okigwe etc but it is not for this topic focused on Owerri.
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Abagworo(m): 9:53am On Jan 08, 2018
Kingsley10000:
this is not the owerri I visited last 3yrs

If you visited Owerri last in May 2017 then expect a completely different city if you visit today.
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Abagworo(m): 9:56am On Jan 08, 2018
kikake:

In your mind, Imo state is Owerri. Same goes for gov. Okorocha. Owerri was empty during the Xmas.
Orlu was filled to the brim.

But Orlu is in ruins outside the four roads expanded by Okorocha government in 2013.

Election day 2019 shall decide whether or not Imo state is only Owerri.

Those who visited Orlu were wowed too. Try visit Eastern palm University at Ogboko.
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Khez: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2018
True was in owerri last week, his really trying tbvvh
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by computerwiz2: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
Xtopher123:
Whoever is promoting this mediocrity doesn't know what Infrastructural development is.. If truly there's development, we need not you to post pictures.. I'm from Imo and I know very well that Owerri which I ply through frequently has become an eyesore[color=#006600][/color].. You get to see so many Poor Construction techniques and materials, failing on going construction and the Likes..

This is only one part of Owerri where the whole world see because it's a major road and you bring it up here as Transformation?

Every single Governor that has governed Imo has focused on this particular road.. It's high time we bought senses from whomever is selling.. And last I checked its FOC..

the highlighted is so true because i was there not too long ago

1 Like

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
i was hoping you will also insnap Poly junction,Naze and ngor-opkala, oweerinta,ihiagwa,and even douglas road.

Why is is just control and its neighbouring axis?

That is how one busy-body nairalander posted beautiful pictures of imo state,owerri. And i was so excited, so i decided to go see for myself. Finally i got an approval from my mum to travel only for me to go and meet the opposite.

Op, have u been to naze and ihiagwa,have u even been to all those places i listed? To see how undeveloped and unattractive the places are. Now you are fanning yourself that Rochas is working well to the favour of the state.

Its just like coming to calabar, and paying a visit to Obudu cattle ranch,tinapa and marina resort or the museum, u will now fan yourself that Ayade is doing well.

Lets all stop praising all this polithiefians, they can do alot more better.

When election time is near,just see them running around kicking off endless projects to later use as an excuse for continuity. Projects they know will never come to fruition.

Baba God abeg jejely carry me commot for this useless country.

3 Likes

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by mekuilis(m): 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2018
Abagworo:
Most Nigerians dwelled on social media rumours to an extent that while other Cities were sleeping the city of Owerri got transformed in what seemed like overnight. Even though it's still ongoing a visit to the city will leave anyone with hope that Nigeria in general can be transformed. It wasn't an easy task as it took Governor Okorocha a very big will to do what is right no matter how it affects his rating. In a few years time most of the hardship caused by the revolutionary transformation must have elapsed and Nigerians will have one more Abuja to boast of in Owerri. This is how "The Nation" reported it.

http://thenationonlineng.net/owerri-gains-pains-urban-renewal-2/

I am of the opinion that you are one of those who strayed into town from one the villages, hence your warped mind as regards development in Owerri, Imo state. A man has gone ahead to destroy an entire city, squandered funds meant for your upkeep and that of your entire kinsmen. You come here to write trash. Clap for yourself Oga blogger. Your liberation will come when you willingly become truthful to yourself and also acquire brain. I only pity you, what you will become when this wave of sycophancy is gone.

4 Likes

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Abagworo(m): 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
Bridgetania:
i was hoping you will also insnap Poly junction,Naze and ngor-opkala, oweerinta,ihiagwa,and even douglas road.

That is how one busy-body nairalander posted beautiful pictures of imo state,owerri. And i was so excited, so i decided to go see for myself. Finally i got an approval from my mum to travel only for me to go and meet the opposite.

Op, have u been to naze and ihiagwa,have u even been to all those places i listed? To see how undeveloped and unattractive the places are. Now you are fanning yourself that Rochas is working well to the favour of the state.

The point is that Owerri now looks like a foreign city courtesy of the urban renewal. Naze and Ihiagwa are also developing at their pace but the topic is about Owerri.
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by kikake: 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
Abagworo:

Those who visited Orlu were wowed too. Try visit Eastern palm University at Ogboko.

Kwontinnu to believe that you are talking to kids in the kindergarten.

Ogboko in Ideato South lga may not even feel the impact of TOTALLY FENCED OFF Eastern Palm university, Ogboko, talk less, far away Orlu.

Eastern Palm University has everything, including hotels, hostels, staff housing, sports complexes, shopping centers, etc, such that staff and students of the University shall have no need to venture outside the University campus.

If Okorocha had allowed some of the last Federal Housing Scheme to be built between Ogboko and Orlu for staff of the University to link Orlu to Ogboko...
.. Instead, he directed that all those federal housing be built in Owerri.
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by computerwiz2: 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
Bridgetania:

.That is how one busy-body nairalander posted beautiful pictures of imo state,owerri. And i was so excited, so i decided to go see for myself. Finally i got an approval from my mum to travel only for me to go and meet the opposite.

Its just like coming to calabar, and paying a visit to Obudu cattle ranch,tinapa and marina resort or the museum, u will now fan yourself that Ayade is doing well.

Lets all stop praising all this politician s, they can do alot more better.

When election time is near,just see them running around kicking off endless projects to later use as an excuse for continuity. Projects they know will never come to fruition.

Baba God abeg jejely carry me commot for this useless country.

i can relate with the highlighted part. i was totally disappointed on my recent visit.imo people needs a change.

1 Like

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by computerwiz2: 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2018
kikake:

Kwontinnu to believe that you are talking to kids in the kindergarten.

Ogboko in Ideato South lga may not even feel the impact of TOTALLY FENCED OFF Eastern Palm university, Ogboko, talk less, far away Orlu.

Eastern Palm University has everything, including hotels, hostels, staff housing, sports complexes, shopping centers, etc, such that staff and students of the University shall have no need to venture outside the University campus.

If Okorocha had allowed some of the last Federal Housing Scheme to be built between Ogboko and Orlu for staff of the University to link Orlu to Ogboko...
.. Instead, he directed that all those federal housing be built in Owerri.

are u from imo state?the firm i work installed galaxy broadband at futo.
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Rohzay(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
Let me beliv u are not in imo, or frm imo, I pity who ever sent those pix to u, owerri is casted now

1 Like

Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by ElPhoche(m): 1:14am On Jan 09, 2018
Abagworo:

Not sure but heard it was meant to be Progress Bank head office.
Ok.... Make them sell am or modify am to high rise apartment block nah...
Re: Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing by Scout60(m): 8:36am On Jan 12, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. / Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) / Woman Does Conductor For Her Husband While He Drives (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.