Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,002 members, 7,952,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:51 AM

Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? (734 Views)

Happening Now !! Middle Belters In U.s To Join Ipob Protest Against Buhari Today / Senator Urhoghide Attacked Over Buhari's Impeachment Move, Police Beef Security / States that are Middle Belt and what Hausa/Fulani don't want you to know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? by Ikengawo: 12:01am On Jan 08, 2018
It seems that 99.9% of the outrage at what's happening in the middle belt comes from

1. Ndigbo
2. Yorubas

So my question is, do middle belters feel that they're not deserving of life? You not only seem to be ok with repeatedly being killed and living in an obvious invasion scenario, but you openly and gladly vote for and campaign for Fulani governors that will assist the raiders with police and military. You openly and gladly campaign for people like Buhari how has told you that their intent in life is to spread Sharia and advocates safety only when Fulanis are killed.

Can someone explain why 'middle belters' are indifferent about their own dying. What caused me to make this thread was a Yoruba person called Buhari inept in his response to the recent killings. Everyone that retweeted the post with either IPOB, Igbo, or Yoruba. Then a goat from the middle belt came to tell him to stop using offensive language towards 'the president' and that she's from the middle belt.

I have also seen the rapper MI defend Fulani herdsmen and Buhari with passion.

Please, are you people Chicken and Beef that's supposed to be killed for celebration or are you human beings? We can't fight this fight for you

1 Like

Re: Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? by laudate: 1:26am On Jan 08, 2018
Ikengawo:
It seems that 99.9% of the outrage at what's happening in the middle belt comes from

1. Ndigbo
2. Yorubas

So my question is, do middle belters feel that they're not deserving of life? You not only seem to be ok with repeatedly being killed and living in an obvious invasion scenario, but you openly and gladly vote for and campaign for Fulani governors that will assist the raiders with police and military. You openly and gladly campaign for people like Buhari how has told you that their intent in life is to spread Sharia and advocates safety only when Fulanis are killed.

Can someone explain why 'middle belters' are indifferent about their own dying. What caused me to make this thread was a Yoruba person called Buhari inept in his response to the recent killings. Everyone that retweeted the post with either IPOB, Igbo, or Yoruba. Then a goat from the middle belt came to tell him to stop using offensive language towards 'the president' and that she's from the middle belt.

I have also seen the rapper MI defend Fulani herdsmen and Buhari with passion.

Please, are you people Chicken and Beef that's supposed to be killed for celebration or are you human beings? We can't fight this fight for you
Does MI speak for the whole of the Middle-Belt? There are over 18 different tribes in the Middle-Belt region. Just because they are not threatening fire and brimstone or beating their chests all over the place, does not mean they are not aggrieved, distressed or in shock. cry Their pain is real and palpable. Don't worry, they will soon come in here to tell you if they are chicken or beef, after you tell them if your own people are pi'gs and idiotss. A horrible carnage has taken place in the MB region, and instead of showing sympathy or proffering solutions to their situation, you are busy mocking them. Politicians can campaign for anybody, no matter how bad such people are. It doesn't mean they have the approval of their people to do so. List the names of the middle belters that openly campaigned for Fulani governor, and let us compare them with those from other regions, who did the same thing. With 'friends' like you, the MB doesn't need enemies...

4 Likes

Re: Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? by Ikengawo: 1:59am On Jan 08, 2018
laudate:

Does MI speak for the whole of the Middle-Belt? There are over 18 different tribes in the Middle-Belt region. Just because they are not threatening fire and brimstone or beating their chests all over the place, does not mean they are not aggrieved, distressed or in shock. cry Their pain is real and palpable. Don't worry, they will soon come in here to tell you if they are chicken or beef, after you tell them if your own people are pi'gs and idiotss. A horrible carnage has taken place in the MB region, and instead of showing sympathy or proffering solutions to their situation, you are busy mocking them. Politicians can campaign for anybody, no matter how bad such people are. It doesn't mean they have the approval of their people to do so. List the names of the middle belters that openly campaigned for Fulani governor, and let us compare them with those from other regions, who did the same thing. With 'friends' like you, the MB doesn't need enemies...

I can say I'm Igbo. If something happens to an Igbo person, Igbo people react.
Some say their Yoruba. If something happens to a Yoruba person reacts.
Some say their Fulani. The same. Ask Buhari and El Rufai.

But you're telling me that if something happens to someone from the middle belt, it's only then that they'll remember that there's 18 of them? That MI or anyone else can't speak for any of them? I have shown sympathy. Everyone (except fulanis) have shown sympathy. We're curious as to why we hear nothing from anyone from the middle belt. When it's time to talk about Biafra, you'll see Gowon and co opening their rotten mouths.
Re: Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:14am On Jan 08, 2018
middle belt is not a tribe.
Re: Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? by Ikengawo: 2:18am On Jan 08, 2018
What is it and why do people claim it? Same as South South. Not even Igbo people will claim 'Southeast' as their place of origin. But someone will claim south south, and if Obasanjo drops a bomb on Bayelsa, Rivers is quiet.

1 Like

Re: Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:32am On Jan 08, 2018
Ikengawo:
What is it and why do people claim it? Same as South South. Not even Igbo people will claim 'Southeast' as their place of origin. But someone will claim south south, and if Obasanjo drops a bomb on Bayelsa, Rivers is quiet.

They claim it for political reasons.

Igbos say that "ozu sibe isi, enyi ka nwanne anaa".

It is when it affects your proper tribe that you feel it.
Re: Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? by laudate: 4:37am On Jan 08, 2018
Ikengawo:
I can say I'm Igbo. If something happens to an Igbo person, Igbo people react.
Some say their Yoruba. If something happens to a Yoruba person reacts.
Some say their Fulani. The same. Ask Buhari and El Rufai.

But you're telling me that if something happens to someone from the middle belt, it's only then that they'll remember that there's 18 of them? That MI or anyone else can't speak for any of them? I have shown sympathy. Everyone (except fulanis) have shown sympathy. We're curious as to why we hear nothing from anyone from the middle belt. When it's time to talk about Biafra, you'll see Gowon and co opening their rotten mouths.

If you are telling me that you have not heard people from the Middle belt speaking against what is going on in their communities, then it means you are either pretending, or you just do not want to see or hear the truth. sad Northern CAN (Christian Association of Nigeria) has been one of the most vocal bodies that has cried out repeatedly against perpetrators of the carnage, and has urged govt to bring them to book. They even declared a day of fasting against the Fulani herdsmen.

Other bodies like the Vanguard Against Tiv Massacre (VATIM), Middle Belt Patriotic Front, Coalition of the Middle Belt Council and several other groups and cultural associations in the Middle Belt, have protested against the killings and vented their anger against the govt. When the Agatu killings happened last year, and the whole of Makurdi and parts of Benue, erupted in a loud protest against the Fulani herdsmen, where were you?

Several months ago, when the Bachama indigenes took laws into their own hands, and ransacked Fulani villages in Adamawa to retaliate against the killings carried out by the herdsmen, where were you?

The long distances, scattered locations, non-cooperation and lack of adequate resources, makes coordination quite difficult. Each tribe is still working out solutions on its own. Can you imagine if the Ombatse militia group in Nasarawa Egon, formed an alliance with the Bachama indigenes of Adamawa, to defend themselves against those Fulani herdsmen, wouldn't the results would have a greater impact? Unfortunately the leader of the group, Baba Alakyo, who was the chief priest of Alakyo Village of Nasarawa Egon was killed by agents of the state, disguised as Fulani herdsmen.

At least 45 people including women and children were killed, following attacks by suspected Bachama militiamen on Fulani settlements in Numan Local Government Area of Adamawa, locals and security sources have confirmed.

The attack occurred hours to Boko Haram attack in which 50 worshipers were killed in a Mubi North mosque in Adamawa State.

Fleeing residents say the Bachama militia, singing war songs, had on Monday evening launched attacks on Fulani settlements in Shafaran, Shawal, Gumara, Kikam and Kadamti villages of Numan Local Government Area. https://dailynigerian.com/headline/bachama-militia-kill-45-fulani-children-women-in-adamawa-graphic-photos/

The Middle-belt has been fighting its battles against the herdsmen for years, without beating their chest or vilifying their neighbours for it. If you are unable to proffer solutions to their problems, then kindly walk on by and leave them in peace. There is no need to mock them or insult them , for their loss. undecided The likes of MI have not done anything to alleviate the plight of the MB indigenes, neither is he recognised as a leader by the people of that area, yet you are ready to see him as a spokesperson for all the different ethnic groups in the MB. O di egwu. Your hypocrisy has been duly noted.

2 Likes

Re: Are 'middle-belters' Chicken Or Beef? by Preshy561(f): 4:42am On Jan 08, 2018
angry

(1) (Reply)

Efcc’s Failure To Produce Witness Might Damage Corruption Trial Of Orji Kalu / #Politics2019: Fela Durotoye’s Profile / Ben Nwabueze Reveals When Igbos Will Produce Nigeria’s President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.