Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

My Ordeal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Ordeal (695 Views)

My Erotic Ordeal With A Cheating GF. Please Read And Learn / My Ordeal In The UK With My Wife / My Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal by Muvin4wrd: 8:41am On Jan 08, 2018
It all started like no big deal. I was asked by my dad to quit a job I got immediately I concluded my service year in 2013. I was born and bred in kano state. I had hope my NYSC posting would enable me experience a different environment however I was posted to Kebbi State. I redeployed to Delta but my dad was not happy as he felt I was ‘’altering destiny’’. I got a job in Ogun state a month after service. We worked long strenuous hours and were paid N40,000 monthly but we felt glad being trained and learning a lot about the corporate world. After working for about a year my dad suggested that I quit the job and return to kano state to search for a better job. I didn’t heed as all I had waiting was promises from family and well-wishers. I made him understand that I will quit immediately I get a better job. After a certain visit to Kano he ordered me to resign come back home and wait for a job as I was too far from the family according to him. I was 28 and couldn’t go back home. I was determined to make it and become what they envisaged. My dad was quite strict while we were growing up we still sometimes have little shivers up till date when he speaks even on phone. Communication between us dwindled as any conversation ends with ‘’ I have told you to come back’’. This led to me not speaking directly with my dad for a year. The situation haunted me and I felt I like the prodigal son. He asked his friends and relatives to talk to me but I did not call him. I was haunted by my actions in my thoughts and dreams. He stopped calling me. I got a fairly better job with another organisation in Lagos where I am currently. I had no peace and was not happy how the situation turned out as I had still not achieved the financial freedom expected and was ashamed. I came to understand that family comes first. I decided to call him on 1st of Jan 2018. I thought I will have to travel down and get some of his friends and relatives to plead for my actions but behold he was so happy to hear from me. I told him of my plans to start a business and marry soon and he assured me that all is well and I should keep praying and trusting God.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal by babythug(f): 8:47am On Jan 08, 2018
I feel you did the right thing. You're a man and cannot be tied to your parents apron strings for too long. Nothing wrong with getting any kind of parental support though but one must break or wrestle out of their grips as soon ss possible!
.keep focused on your hustle and prayers you will eventually make it. Keep the rapport between you and your folks as well

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 08, 2018
Yes family is lying comes first like you said but sometimes you need to stand firm as an adult. Some parents are control freaks that just want to dictate their children's lives.

Anyways thank God he want angry when you came back.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal by Donald3d(m): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2018
Parents out of unconditional love for their children tend to over do things ,it's not their fault its just too much love for us and fear of failure that makes them act that way.

I am sure your pale no strict reach my own ,he will beat shit out of me with punch and heavy blows .when I was little ,despite the fact that I was a very cool and reserved kid and not stubborn.

When i was in school then he would always want to act all controlling and ask me to always come home.
Then a time came I had to stand up and face him I told him "you have trained me ,you have to understand that ,and trust the training you gave me,to do the right thing always"
I was like 19 - 20 then .

i am 23 now ever since then he doesn't put much stress on me .
We have to understand when to leave the nest ,the earlier the better for our lives and future family .

5 Likes

Re: My Ordeal by sodiqapril(m): 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
you did the right thing, most Nigerian fathers are guilty of this.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal by jaszplus12(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2018
my bro...be strong. I was in 200L when I had to leave home and stand by myself cos of overbearing demands and actions by my parents and let me honestly tell you, as long as you did it like you described the Lord will guide you. if I hadn't run from home I would not have achieved the little level I have today...my dad who promised heaven and earth passed on 4 years later and because I had taken the decision earlier I was able to stand firm.. most of our parents had us at tender ages yet they wish to see us in their homes at 30+..
its not ideal.
face your business squarely and calmly treat all opposition with maturity...don't see anyone as your detractor...in time God will vindicate you...cheers.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal by Muvin4wrd: 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
Thank you for the advice and feedback people. I appreciate.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Always Goes Naked And Swears With Her Private Part – Pastor Tells Court / Why Are First Sons Always Look Like Their Mother. / Two Women Arrested For Giving A Baby A Blunt To Smoke & Recording It (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.