Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Women Making The The First Move - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Making The The First Move (785 Views)

What Is Your Opinion On A Girl Making The First Move? / Am I Actually Making The Right Decision Of Staying Single? / This Girl Booty Is Making The Internet Experience Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Making The The First Move by uchennamani(m): 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
Women making the first move is long overdue, and has led to a lot of crossed signals and long debates on whether her coming over to a man’s place is a sign that she wants sex or whether constantly laughing at his jokes is a precedent for consent. Women need to start making the first move when they like a guy or want a deeper commitment, and be clear about what they want from him. The days of sitting haplessly in a corner throwing out smoke signals and hoping that he will be perceptive enough to see them should be left in the dust.

Let us put the flirty smiles and touches and sighs and pretend “injuries” (a la Joromi) aside, please. If we should be taken seriously on the subject of consent, we need to start being clear about our intentions. The ambiguity is hurting the cause of women’s sexual rights.

You don’t need to wonder why you should make the first move, we have a butt-load of reasons(well, just a few, but you will get the gist) to guide you on your way.

IT SAVES TIME

Honestly, sometimes you just need to grab the bull by the horns or you two are never going to get anywhere. Some men are so phlegmatic that by the time he makes up his mind you might have already moved on. Just take the plunge and ask him out already, please!

WHAT IF HE IS SHY?

Shy guys, the staple of every high school movie: with an attractive girl and a blubbering, clueless and painfully shy teen boy obsessed with her. While it is cute on the screen, your life is not a Disney movie. If he is too shy, make things easier for him by approaching him. He will be relieved and you would have taken a first step in letting him know that you will always speak up when he cannot.

IT SCREAMS CONFIDENCE, AND CONFIDENCE IS SEXY

Is there anything hotter than a confident woman? I don’t think so! Watch his eyes light up when you pop the question. Your confidence will only put off the wrong kind of man, the type you shouldn’t be with anyway. A man who is secure in his masculinity will appreciate your gesture and it will raise your esteem in his eyes.

YOU MAKE AN EMPOWERING MOVE

Do it for the culture! Do it for the younger women who look up to you for guidance. Do it because it makes a statement on your view of life and your esteem of yourself. Take your destiny in your hands and make things happen, instead of waiting for them to happen to you.

YOU SET A PRECEDENT FOR THE RELATIONSHIP

When he knows that you are a go-getter, and that you will not keep your desires and wants silent, he respects you. If he knows that being with you was not just his choice but also yours, there is a mutual respect and understanding that your relationship will enjoy.

Don’t just ask him out or proposition him and then sit back, waiting for him to do all the work. You have taken a proactive step, and you need to follow it up. Pick a venue, set a date, take him out for a fun activity and cover the bills. He will know you mean business.

As a side note; being a strong, confident woman should also mean that you are capable of taking rejection gracefully. Not every man will want you, and you should be okay with that. If he says no, shake hands and part as friends. There is no need to start an ugly thread on twitter just because your ego is hurt. Let us help to be a part of the solution to sexual entitlement, and not perpetuate the problem. There should be no allowance for double standards.

Wrriten by Margaret Agwu for www.lionspot.com
Re: Women Making The The First Move by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
just approach me, i've got no reason whatsoever to turn you down

friendzoning is never a crime

2 Likes

Re: Women Making The The First Move by delishpot: 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
Then tomorrow una start to complain how women no get shame again like una mama and ancestors had in the past ba? Una dey shame Dem for using machine pound yam or even common using blender instead of grinding stones yet una dey want them to start chyking men. Ngwanu,

1 Like

Re: Women Making The The First Move by uchennamani(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
delishpot:
Then tomorrow una start to complain how women no get shame again like una mama and ancestors had in the past ba? Una dey shame Dem for using machine pound yam or even common using blender instead of grinding stones yet una dey want them to start chyking men. Ngwanu,
Nice

1 Like

Re: Women Making The The First Move by Blackfire(m): 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good but dangerous
Re: Women Making The The First Move by Elparaiso(m): 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2018
delishpot:

Who is shaming whom? Won't you look at the maturity of a guy before you ask him out?

At the OP, anyone can initiate a relationship. It's not a man's job, neither is it a woman's.

2 Likes

Re: Women Making The The First Move by Divay22(f): 3:14pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:

Who is shaming whom? Won't you look at the maturity of a guy before you ask him out?

At the OP, anyone can initiate a relationship. It's not a man's job, neither is it a woman's.
How many matured ones do we have?
Re: Women Making The The First Move by delishpot: 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:

I don hear.. grin grin
Re: Women Making The The First Move by Elparaiso(m): 3:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Divay22:

How many matured ones do we have?

There are lots and lots of matured men. You're probably searching in the wrong places.
Re: Women Making The The First Move by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
Of what use is the word "Man" if he cannot make a simple move.

1 Like

Re: Women Making The The First Move by Snow02: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2018
ah agree with some of these ah like ladies that approach guys it shows she knows what she wants n knows how to handle herself
Re: Women Making The The First Move by Divay22(f): 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:

There are lots and lots of matured men. You're probably searching in the wrong places.
I'm searching in the church.. Is that a wrong place?
Re: Women Making The The First Move by Elparaiso(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
Divay22:

I'm searching in the church.. Is that a wrong place?
I don't believe being religious equates to being matured. That's my opinion. There are matured men everywhere, even in your street.
Re: Women Making The The First Move by Divay22(f): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:

I don't believe being religious equates to being matured. That's my opinion. There are matured men everywhere, even in your street.
In my street grin grin.
Alright.. I'll search
Re: Women Making The The First Move by Elparaiso(m): 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
Divay22:

In my street grin grin.
Alright.. I'll search
Unless na only you be single for your street abeg.
I forgot to add that T&C.
Re: Women Making The The First Move by theunnamed: 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
Y'all just bickering
Everybody's gon do what they gon do when it's important to them.
I say this from experience

(1) (Reply)

Your Girl Is Special And You Should Make An Effort To Let Her Know That, See Gen / Valentine Online Competition / "While I Was Suffering In Libya For Us, My Wife Was Sleeping With A Married Man"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.