Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

When Are You Getting Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Are You Getting Married? (711 Views)

When Are You Getting Married? / Two Nairalanders Are Getting Married Next Weekend / Getting Married To A Man Who Earns 35,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Are You Getting Married? by Elibrainz(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED?
*Long Read
I was with my parents over the weekend. It was a great time with them. Our conversations especially when I am about leaving them after a visit will end with a prayer.
But this time a good part of the conversation centered on marriage and so was about 86% of the prayer on getting married from the right family and settling down well....Hmmmmm.
You see, we all have this almighty question to answer now and then. In fact life in Nigeria is ideally viewed in a particular cycle:
Birth - Go to School - Graduate from University - National Youth Service - Work or Business - Marriage and Children, and then Work Work, Business Business - Raise Children - Work Work, Business Business - Death
I hope you can relate with that cycle
When you are done, your children obviously will continue with the next cycle starting from where you started.
Sometimes the Question, "when are you getting Married?" put lots of people under pressure.
The second pressure after this is *the pressure to do a societal wedding or the best glamorous wedding people in your circle have ever seen
So,
1. Some guys are pressured to borrow and do the wedding to impress and afterwards the young family spend their early months or years settling debts
2. The guy hurries to marry a lady he is yet to really know. The question again is how much can you really know someone? At least to the extent that you will not need a new introduction to your wife or husband after two weeks. Like "hi, this is my real me, the real spouse you married - forget about all those drama you saw before the wedding" # Speachless
3. The lady lets him in into the part of her that was meant to be reserved in a bid to make sure that doesn't delay the wedding. *You know what I mean.
4. The lady starts moving from one prayer house to the other in search for marital breakthrough.
5. The lady stops attending weddings only if compulsory. Because she wants to avoid that question that will likely come from an acquaintance "ehhen... Bukky, when are we coming for your own?"
The list continues...
Marriage is a good thing, and marrying early with a peaceful home afterwards is a great blessing. But while under the pressure, remember:
1. After the wedding, you will likely struggle to settle the debts alone. Them go just chop the rice, and do selfie with your magnificent reception venue and carry their bag go house.
2. You will be the first to reap the fruits of any decision you make concerning your future spouse - whether good or bad.
All the people advising you to do do do, may not be there afterwards. Some of them will just go go go.
3. Do your wedding according to the resources God has made available. Impress your wife afterwards at home. Don't give everybody fried
Rice during the wedding and sip garri two weeks latter.
4. Your prospective marital relationship should not sabotage your values. Don't compromise your godly values because of the pressure of loosing him.
5. You see, enjoy your life every inch. Don't let anybody make mockery of your single life. Go to events if you have to. The question "When are your getting married?" will come, and when it does just smile and say "Very Soon" Is it not that simple? # Smiles
Avoiding public appearance is not a solution. Who knows if he or she will be found in your next public appearance.
Enjoy your life, and appreciate God for every phase.
Ermmmmmm....My parents are still expectant and I won't fall their hands.
Source: http://mfonelishasblog..com/2018/01/when-are-you-getting-married.html

Re: When Are You Getting Married? by DeeFlask(m): 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elparaiso(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
2075. It might be later than that though.
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elibrainz(m): 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
DeeFlask:
Hahaha.... Funny you
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by QueenBec: 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2018
this marriage preachy should end this Jan.
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by sinaj(f): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:
2075. It might be later than that though.
u wnt to marry ur mate's grandchild huh
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by RoyalBlak007: 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2018
Married

with two beautiful kids already smiley
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Daysun55(m): 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2018
As soon as I find my Mrs right
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Sage7(m): 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
Married

with two beautiful kids already smiley

Re: When Are You Getting Married? by RoyalBlak007: 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
Sage7:
Yes
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elparaiso(m): 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
sinaj:
u wnt to marry ur mate's grandchild huh

Shii, did I put 2075? I meant 2015. I'm hoping to get married by 2015.
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Snow02: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
how about NEVER
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by sinaj(f): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:

Shii, did I put 2075? I meant 2015. I'm hoping to get married by 2015.
hehe

Pls come lets share diz food m abt eating grin
Seems hunger is doing u strong thing lol
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elparaiso(m): 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
sinaj:
hehe

Pls come lets share diz food m abt eating grin
Seems hunger is doing u strong thing lol

You understand my situation well. Did you cook it? Or am I about to eat Domino's?
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by sinaj(f): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:

You understand my situation well. Did you cook it? Or am I about to eat Domino's?
I made it myself.
Come as e dey hot lol
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elparaiso(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
sinaj:
I made it myself.
Come as e dey hot lol
grin grin
LOL, I'm causing congestion right now sef.
But what am I coming to eat?
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elibrainz(m): 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:

grin grin
You'll be eating Indomi noodles, then a 12 inches cucumber to wash it down.
Shea you want free food?
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elparaiso(m): 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elibrainz:

You'll be eating Indomi noodles, then a 12 inches cucumber to wash it down.
Shea you want free food?

12 inch wetin? Can't she slice it? You've eaten it before?�
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elibrainz(m): 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:

12 inch wetin? Can't she slice it? You've eaten it before?�
Eaten fire!!!!!!
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by sinaj(f): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elparaiso:

grin grin
ofe akwu daz if u knw dat
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elparaiso(m): 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
Elibrainz:

Eaten fire!!!!!!

You're sure? wink wink
Re: When Are You Getting Married? by Elparaiso(m): 3:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
sinaj:
ofe akwu daz if u knw dat

I'll take a raincheck abeg. I was thinking of having pounded yam as per first time grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Got A Marriage Proposal From A Man I Met On Facebook! Should I Marry Him? / The Love Of A Brother / High School Principal Reported To Have Sex With 34 Students & 5 Teachers Is Forc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.