Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? (19369 Views)

Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / 2019 Presidency: Reconcile With Obasanjo Or Forget It – Jonathan Tells Atiku / The Blame For Nigeria Falls Not On Buhari, Jonathan, Obasanjo Or Even Abacha!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by eyinjuege: 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
Continuity is key...
Accountability is also key...
Whether pdp or apc.
Projects that are beneficial to the masses shouldn't be abandoned because a new person is in power.
Projects should be made public and people held accountable for funds disbursed for such projects.

2 Likes

Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by LordAdam16: 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
obailala:
Look mister, I promised myself not to ever bother engaging you on this forum anymore cos I realised you are nothing but a troll.

So kindly carry on; you win, I lose, OBJ didnt initiate the railway modernisation masterplan, and he never negotiated any deal with the Exim Bank, Yaradua initiated it all... Bye!

Giving Yar'Adua his dues is so hard for you.

How typical!

Au revoir!

-Lord
Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by deji17: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
obailala:
Look mister, I promised myself not to ever bother engaging you on this forum anymore cos I realised you are nothing but a troll.

So kindly carry on; you win, I lose, OBJ didnt initiate the railway modernisation masterplan, and he never negotiated any deal with the Exim Bank, Yaradua initiated it all... Bye!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by baralatie(m): 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2018
eyinjuege:
Continuity is key...
Accountability is also key...
Whether pdp or apc.
Projects that are beneficial to the masses shouldn't be abandoned because a new person is in power.
Projects should be made public and people held accountable for funds disbursed for such projects.

Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2018
jerryunit48:
Truth is Buhari has taking glories for the work of past administrations am yet to see anything tangible he has done apart from bringing them back from Libya

Good for them since they prioritized looting over completing their projects.
Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by hysteriabox(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
emmasege:
In the spirit of sportsmanship, national unity and cohesion, Buhari should have invited GEJ as an honoured guest at the commissioning. Imagine what this would have done to his image as a nationalist and father of all. But how would he do that when he's surrounded by leeches like Elrufai and other bigots?.

Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by brookz: 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ask dat Albino Ben 10 Senator from Bayalsa, guess he's in a better position to answer ur Question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by Samtob90(m): 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2018
emmasege:
In the spirit of sportsmanship, national unity and cohesion, Buhari should have invited GEJ as an honoured guest at the commissioning. Imagine what this would have done to his image as a nationalist and father of all. But how would he do that when he's surrounded by leeches like Elrufai and other bigots?.

Did you invite your primary school teachers during your convocation or the British after completing the project they initiated
Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by chuksboby12(m): 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
Of all the states mentioned in the post, i did not see any south East state, are they not part of Nigeria?
Or is the project not good for them?
If portharcourt can be part of it, why can't Enugu or Anambra, Ebonyi, Imo, Abia be part of it?
I thought its one Nigeria, is there any other project that is used to compensate the south easterners if they are not eligible for the rail line project?
Like i dont really understand, someone should explain please..
Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by deji68: 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
"Buhari’s name should be nowhere near the Abuja-Kaduna rail except for the fact that he cut ribbon. He took over May 29, 2015, appointed Minister for Transport in November 2015 and commissioned in July 2016. His first budget wasn’t signed until May 2016, so what exactly did he do?".. Jackson Ude
EOD cool cool cool
Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by karlboss: 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
When I tell people that our leaders are stupid they think I don't know what I'm saying. Rail roads were created for long distances it is only in Nigeria where two states that have boundary will waste government funds building rail. It is supposed to be kano-lagos rail or something similar not Kaduna Abuja that's madness
Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by emmasege: 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
Angelb4:

You already have a corrupted mindset to insult someone from your speech. You didn't mention OBJ again at all. Ok, since your hero wasn't invited again, what will you do now heh? And he will be defeated in 2019 again. Salt upon injury be that
May be I'm not an ethnic bigot like you. For your info, I belong to the same ethnic group as OBJ and am infact married to his home town. Ordinarily, I should be quick to mention his name, but the credit is more of GEJ than OBJ who had the best chance to turn the fortune of this nation around but failed to do so. that's not to say that he didn't achieve at all. He excelled in some other areas but not in this rail sector. He's also arguably the best we have had since 1999 followed by yaradua, then GEJ and then this national mistake called Buhari. Why it's getting worse for us in our choice of president is somewhat worrisome.

May God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by emmasege: 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
Samtob90:

Did you invite your primary school teachers during your convocation or the British after completing the project they initiated
Can you listen to yourself? If I will answer you back in your own wisdom or otherwise, I didn't ask Buhari to invite OBJ or IBB who left Aso Rock long ago. So, how does your argument hold? Moreover, Didn't GEJ initiate and bring the project to near-completion (95%)?

And if you must know, my supervisor was at my convocation ceremony. Hope that satisfies your curious mind.
Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 11:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
The author of this piece was bent on sharing the credits. He said that the contract of Abuja-Kaduna segment was concluded in2009 and awarded in Dec 2010 and Yar Adua was in power? Why was it concluded and not awarded?

He again said was acting president president from May 2010 to Feb 2011....confusion?
Yar Adua cancelled the 8.3b contract claiming there was corruption in the award process like many other projects he cancelled. The rail thing was forgotten. GEJ awarded the Abj-Kd sector.

He finished it, Buharo completed nothing.

1 Like

Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by Samtob90(m): 4:26am On Jan 09, 2018
emmasege:
Can you listen to yourself? If I will answer you back in your own wisdom or otherwise, I didn't ask Buhari to invite OBJ or IBB who left Aso Rock long ago. So, how does your argument hold? Moreover, Didn't GEJ initiate and bring the project to near-completion (95%)?

And if you must know, my supervisor was at my convocation ceremony. Hope that satisfies your curious mind.
How many times did Good luck invite Obj to commission the project initiated? Everyday you force relevance to yourself? Will he also be invited to celebrate the liabilities he created that Buhari cleared? Nonsense. Supervisor supervised your project. Go invite your principal that fit into this scenario
Re: Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan? by lereinter(m): 6:34am On Jan 09, 2018
"handiwork" as if either of them designed or invented the machine....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

172 Nigerian Troops For Guinea Bissau / Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In / Adeyemi Edun, Daniel Ford Helped Diezani Alison-Madueke Buy Properties In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.