Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. (563 Views)

Questions To Ask A Girl That’ll Bring Her Closer To You Than Before / If You Are Dating call Girl. Is It Wise To Bring Her To Your House? / Black Man Rocking Oyinbo Woman In Jamaica. See Her Son's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by xaviersaviour38(m): 1:05am On Jan 09, 2018
My girlfriend and I are planning our future together already. I’ll be applying for a visa so I could bring her here and we can marry each other. It’s a pretty straightforward plan for the both of us because that’s how we deal with things all the time. There’s one a minor problem with this said scheme, though. She wants to bring her son from an ex-lover with her and I don’t want that.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I don’t like the kid. I just don’t want to have any delays with the processing of her papers. I know she loves her son a lot, but I also know that bringing her son here would slow down the whole immigration procedure. Maybe one day she can bring him here, but not now.

I was also thinking that if she goes here alone, we can start our own future with just as two. We can send her child money for his needs. I have the money to support his monthly financial needs so she has nothing to worry about. Though, i need to know if my view of things is acceptable. Is it okay to keep her son in her country? Is it more practical to send monthly support?

My brother was in this situation too. He met the girl during a romance tour and he flew her in about half a year later. Up till today, his step son is still not here in the states. Should I just follow his footsteps? I need to know what’s the right thing to do in this situation.
Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by Elparaiso(m): 1:10am On Jan 09, 2018
If I understand you well, you are about to make her a wife. But I would plead with you to understand that she's already a mother, don't make her choose between a life with you and a life with her son. To be frank, I wouldn't trust a woman who would abandon her child in the hands of outsiders because of a marriage.

You can, at least, file for both of them. You're not just marrying her, you're marrying her son too. In fact, he's also your son.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 09, 2018
Bringing the kid along won't slow anything down. Go home, marry her and file for immigration papers for both after adopting the kid in a court of law.

From your write up, you wanna file fiancee visa right? If yes, you can as well adopt the kid and file for him too unless you don't want the kid. Please I beg you in the name of God, don't separate that kid from his mum.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by saasala(m): 1:12am On Jan 09, 2018
You and your brother marrying women who have kids from another lover. Your father wont be proud of you guys. Not one of you o, two of you.

Anyway, dont take the child abroad even if the mother cries blood. Dont mind the above posters o. Let him stay with the mum's relatives here in Naija cos you dont like him enough to live with you. You want to start afresh with your woman and the poor boy will be a stumbling block Bringing him over will cause more harm than you can foresee or even break your home.
Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by Blakjewelry(m): 1:16am On Jan 09, 2018
Well I understand how you feel, I think it is her choice to make. First of all how is the kid?
Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by lenghtinny(m): 1:40am On Jan 09, 2018
saasala:
You and your brother marrying women who have kids from another lover. Your father wont be proud of you guys. Not one of you o, two of you.

Anyway, dont take the child abroad even if the mother cries blood. Dont mind the above posters o. Let him stay with the mum's relatives here in Naija cos you dont like him enough to live with you. You want to start afresh with your woman and the poor boy will be a stumbling block Bringing him over will cause more harm than you can foresee or even break your home.
Na wetin I be wan talk be that. E don turn to another thing.
Reminds me of ubunja's thread on bad boys and nice guys like the op. The last thing I will ever do is raise another man's kid, I'd rather let go of the p*ssy.There too many single ladies out there than for me to be helping one single mother carry her cross when I'm not her personal lord and savior.
My only advice to you Op is to stand your ground. One wussy N*gga up there said you shouldn't make her choose between you and her son but I dare say you should let her choose because you didn't choose that life for her, so let sort her baggage herself without involving you.
You are even nice agreeing to sponsor the boy when he has a father.
I will advise that you let the boy stay back because no matter how hard you try, you will never be the boy's biological father and there is a high probability that he will never recognize you as his father as long as the real father is alive. And living in a country like US where child rights laws and violent culture produces mostly mannerless spoilt brats,the risk doesn't look good.
Don't make decision based on the present but the future because what we are today is a product of what we did yesterday angry
Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by Nutase: 2:49am On Jan 09, 2018
Don't be selfish go for the full package jare.
Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by Elparaiso(m): 2:58am On Jan 09, 2018
lenghtinny:
Na wetin I be wan talk be that. E don turn to another thing.
Reminds me of ubunja's thread on bad boys and nice guys like the op. The last thing I will ever do is raise another man's kid, I'd rather let go of the p*ssy.There too many single ladies out there than for me to be helping one single mother carry her cross when I'm not her personal lord and savior.
My only advice to you Op is to stand your ground. One wussy N*gga up there said you shouldn't make her choose between you and her son but I dare say you should let her choose because you didn't choose that life for her, so let sort her baggage herself without involving you.
You are even nice agreeing to sponsor the boy when he has a father.
I will advise that you let the boy stay back because no matter how hard you try, you will never be the boy's biological father and there is a high probability that he will never recognize you as his father as long as the real father is alive. And living in a country like US where child rights laws and violent culture produces mostly mannerless spoilt brats,the risk doesn't look good.
Don't make decision based on the present but the future because what we are today is a product of what we did yesterday angry

I would rather he left the woman and her child than he separated a mother from her son
Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by staystrong(m): 3:23am On Jan 09, 2018
Elparaiso:
If I understand you well, you are about to make her a wife. But I would plead with you to understand that she's already a mother, don't make her choose between a life with you and a life with her son. To be frank, I wouldn't trust a woman who would abandon her child in the hands of outsiders because of a marriage.

You can, at least, file for both of them. You're not just marrying her, you're marrying her son too. In fact, he's also your son.

spoke my mind exactly, if you truly love her,you gat be a man and love everything about her,dont give her a reason to be with you or child,immigration delayal is not denial
Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by Elparaiso(m): 3:35am On Jan 09, 2018
staystrong:

spoke my mind exactly, if you truly love her,you gat be a man and love everything about her,dont give her a reason to be with you or child,immigration delayal is not denial

That's true. It would be cruel to make a mother choose between you and her child. Every child deserves a mother and a father. This child doesn't have a father and he wants to take his mother away from him?
Re: I Want To Bring Her Here But Not Her Son. by dingbang(m): 5:46am On Jan 09, 2018
You are a wicked somborri.. If I am the woman and you tell me this, I won't bother marrying you again

(1) (Reply)

Attracted To Violent Ladies!!! / Funny But True: Stupid Things Young Lovers Do... / Krakstv Launches Dating Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.