Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China - Education (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (353688 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
APPLY TO 2018 COMMONWEALTH SHARED MSC SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED UK UNIVERSITIES AND COURSES

https://www.nairaland.com/4378569/apply-2018-commonwealth-shared-msc#65526882
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ellacity: 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hallo All,
For your information, if you had applied for PTDF and selected Germany is your destination country, Please kindly go to the https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal and fill the form. They just reopened the site again, the bad news is that it will close this weekend. Sorry, I just noticed it now and I have to inform all of us.

Again, note that representatives of Germany, France and China will be amongst the interview panel this year.

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Fabnas(m): 6:18am On Mar 10, 2018
Ellacity:
Hallo All,
For your information, if you had applied for PTDF and selected Germany is your destination country, Please kindly go to the https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal and fill the form. They just reopened the site again, the bad news is that it will close this weekend. Sorry, I just noticed it now and I have to inform all of us.

Again, note that representatives of Germany, France and China will be amongst the interview panel this year.

Cheers

Madame. Tnx 4 d info. I ave registered on d daad portal but I can't find my way around it. Which form am I 2 fill??
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Jakezuma: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2018
Fabnas:

Madame. Tnx 4 d info. I ave registered on d daad portal but I can't find my way around it. Which form am I 2 fill??
same here...
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by giwa70: 9:18am On Mar 10, 2018
please add me to the group 08038268798
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by segzysexy(m): 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
Please add this number 07031256417 to the whatsapp group.thanks
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by CHEMEASY(m): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
pls add 08134045169 to the WhatsApp group
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Mlayidi: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2018
segzysexy:
Please add this number 07031256417 to the whatsapp group.thanks
will u guys pls stop this nonsense, "what'sapp group" is tooooo early plssss
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by hugochuks60(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
Ellacity:
Hallo All,

Cheers

tnx. but which form?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by salahudeentope: 2:03am On Mar 11, 2018
DMainMan:
ON WHATSAPP GROUP

You guys should only create WhatsApp group at the final end after the successfuls of the scholarship have been announced whereby only successful scholars can discuss on their way forward (travelling, money, academics abroad, studies)

For now, having a WhatsApp group is more than useless. If not for our engagement here, I doubt the last year successful list will be out at that period.

You can check the last thread to find out what happened. A word is enough for the wise.

And he spoke nothing but the absolute truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ellacity: 5:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
I am really sorry, I was offline, the form is in the drop down, as shown in the attachment herein

Fabnas:

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ellacity: 5:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
Hello, please kindly see the attached below the form in question. This is what someone pasted here some weeks ago. Thats why here is very important for you all to be and to share information. For those interested in whatsapp. Please kindly move away from here and stop pasting your nonsense phone numbers here.

hugochuks60:

tnx. but which form?

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Mlayidi: 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2018
[quote author=Ellacity post=65749006]Hello, please kindly see the attached below the form in question. This is what someone pasted here some weeks ago. Thats why here is very important for you all to be and to share information. For those interested in whatsapp. Please kindly move away from here and stop pasting your nonsense phone numbers here.

Lol "nonsense phone numbers" don't mind them.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by magicsprings2: 11:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
Hi, I am trying to fill the form but the option for Nigerian scholarship is n longer available. What do I do?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by udores: 6:04am On Mar 12, 2018
magicsprings2:
Hi, I am trying to fill the form but the option for Nigerian scholarship is n longer available. What do I do?

Same here. I scrolled through the whole thing but couldn't find it. What to do?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by bargi: 7:20am On Mar 12, 2018
please add me to the whatsapp group 08067261639.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by biafraisdead(m): 9:19am On Mar 12, 2018
I tried to log in and its saying portal is now closed. does it mean we won't be able to view our applications till shortlisting starts?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by biafraisdead(m): 9:25am On Mar 12, 2018
bargi:
please add me to the whatsapp group 08067261639.
e be like say something don block ur ear!
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ellacity: 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
Sorry about that, it has closed again and they have removed it.
In my first comment, I said that it was a short notice and thats why I updated you all ASAP hoping that someone will catch up on that. I will keep my eyes open and get you all updated if anything positive comes up.

Regards

Ellacity
magicsprings2:
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by tsuswam(m): 2:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
Did anyone choose "Informatics Specialty Networks" as one of their course choices?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by stanoc: 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
Sorry o,but i heard dt d aspect of the daad will be taken care of by ptdf .. So I don't understand which one you guys r saying we shd do dt ourselves.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by stanoc: 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
Sorry o,but I heard dt d aspect of the daad will be taken care of by ptdf. So I don't understand which one you guys r saying we shd do dt ourselves.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Feraz(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2018
Ellacity:
Sorry about that, it has closed again and they have removed it.
In my first comment, I said that it was a short notice and thats why I updated you all ASAP hoping that someone will catch up on that. I will keep my eyes open and get you all updated if anything positive comes up.

Regards

Ellacity
There is something PTDF said and that is 'we should register'. For me, I only registered but did not bother filling any other form as I am trying to follow what they said. What do you think?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2018
Finding Scholarships
Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.

« Search results
Nigerian-German Postgraduate Training Programme Master • DAAD
BASIC-REQUIREMENTS
Doctoral candidates
Country of Origin: Only specified
Subject: Only specified
Further application requirements »
Overview
Contact and Consulting
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).

The general aim of the programme is to train young academics and scientists through funding of Master’s or PhD degree studies.

Who can apply?
Excellently qualified candidates related to the oil and gas industry.

What can be funded?
Master’s or PhD degree (individual project or structured programme), in a field related to the oil and gas industry.

Duration of the funding
Generally, up to three years for a PhD degree and up to wo years for a Master’s degree.

Value
Up to 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket money
monthly scholarship instalment
Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
study and research allowance
accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
further individual allowances upon application
Selection
Selection is done by a bi-national committee trough personal interviews of the candidates in Nigeria. Selection criteria are, amongst others, general academic performance as well as a convincing and detailed proposal, discussed and agreed with the German supervisor, a convincing motivation for the chosen Master’s degree course respectively.

Further information
The binding call for applications will be published by the PTDF. (please refer to the tab “contact and consulting”).

Copy this link: daad.de/go/en/stipa57379973

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?status=&origin=&subjectGrps=&daad=&q=&page=17&detail=57379973
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ellacity: 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2018
Yes my dear you are absolutely correct, just that out of oversight you didnt understand this
Candidates for scholarships in Germany are also required to register with the German Academic Exchange through the following link: https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal
To register means to fill the form because this is bilateral agreement between Nigeria and Germany. Having said that, you dont need to get much worried, because if you are selected, they will open up the form again for you to fill. Just prepare for your interview.

I have to let you know this information as well. It was closed on 31st January 2018, and they later opened it before it was closed again last weekend. What information am I trying to convey to? It will be open again for you to fill your information because German government will train you for 6months on language course, yea, German course, but your masters must be in english language.

I hope my information above helped.

Ellacity

Feraz:
There is something PTDF said and that is 'we should register'. For me, I only registered but did not bother filling any other form as I am trying to follow what they said. What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by yinkeys(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2018
Ellacity:
Yes my dear you are absolutely correct, just that out of oversight you didnt understand this
Candidates for scholarships in Germany are also required to register with the German Academic Exchange through the following link: https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal
To register means to fill the form because this is bilateral agreement between Nigeria and Germany. Having said that, you dont need to get much worried, because if you are selected, they will open up the form again for you to fill. Just prepare for your interview.

I have to let you know this information as well. It was closed on 31st January 2018, and they later opened it before it was closed again last weekend. What information am I trying to convey to? It will be open again for you to fill your information because German government will train you for 6months on language course, yea, German course, but your masters must be in english language.

Ellacity

Hello madam.
There's a little issue I have at the moment.
I chose Energy & markets - IFP as first choice.
I recently checked IFP site & found out this is taught in French & not English.
Hoping this isn't something serious to worry about as some courses are taught in French while others in English.
Didn't know this particular one is French taught & it's late to change it because the portal is closed.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Feraz(m): 11:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
Ellacity:

Ellacity

Thanks for the time taken to explain some of these things. It is very much appreciated.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by hugochuks60(m): 11:52pm On Mar 13, 2018
it was also stated on ptdf site that we shouldn't contact d schools directly. filling that form technically means u r going contrary to that. however I don't know wat ptdf has to say about it yet.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by solastar2: 8:58am On Mar 14, 2018
hugochuks60:
it was also stated on ptdf site that we shouldn't contact d schools directly. filling that form technically means u r going contrary to that. however I don't know wat ptdf has to say about it yet.

I guess u have never taken your time to see the application process for those schools in Germany. If you have done that, you will definitely know that applying on daad portal is not the same as applying to those school or contacting them. Most German university use uniassist and some use their personal application page. What is the essence of registering on daad portal without filling the form? It is just synonymous to getting your pin on PTDF page and fail to fill your form. All is well sha
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Sozaboy: 11:10am On Mar 14, 2018
In all these back and forth, I am interested in knowing when successful candidates would be called.

Who has information on the language classes. Will scholars take the classes in their home country (Nigeria) or in their host country (France, Germany, China).
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by stanoc: 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ellacity:

Ellacity

Well,during my registration when this same issue of DAAD came out,I called the Customer Support Line,and I was told dt I she not bother with dt, and dt I shd just feel d form and leave d rest to ptdf, and as at dt time I had already started registering with DAAD, and when I asked if there wld be any other complications due to dt I was told not to worry,dt ptdf will tk care of that.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by stanoc: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2018
stanoc:

Well,during my registration when this same issue of DAAD came out,I called the Customer Support Line,and I was told dt I shd not bother with dt, and dt I shd just feel d form and leave d rest to ptdf, and as at dt time I had already started registering with DAAD, and when I asked if there wld be any other complications due to dt I was told not to worry,dt ptdf will tk care of that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (105) (Reply)

[Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.