Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China - Education (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (354309 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by jayned: 7:51am On May 14, 2018
please is there anyone who applied for accounting related course here?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ladasha: 8:21am On May 14, 2018
Someone please help a sister.

I can't login into my account to print my application slip and my interview is today.

What do I do please?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by funshobabs(m): 8:23am On May 14, 2018
Reset password. Go for your interview without the slip. They have a master list and if your name is there u will be interviewed. I did my interview and no one asked for my slip. Best of luck.
Ladasha:

I can't login into my account to print my application slip and my interview is today.

What do I do please?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 8:42am On May 14, 2018
funshobabs:
Reset password. Go for your interview without the slip. They have a master list and if your name is there u will be interviewed. I did my interview and no one asked for my slip. Best of luck.

Please wat question were you asked
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by funshobabs(m): 8:50am On May 14, 2018
The interview was more like a verification exercise to check documents after which you will be asked to talk on ur research proposal for 5mins. Then random questions comes from the panel. In my case a professor and an expert from PTDF. Tip: Know ur proposal well and try to relate ur proposal to a Nigerian problem and how ur research will help solve the problem.
efomzy:

Please wat question were you asked

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by bb12008: 8:57am On May 14, 2018
I wondered why the interviews for F/G/C scholarships did not take into consideration of membership of professional bodies which is one of their advertised selection criteria , rather they focused on publications and awards . Though, I don't know if their targets are research-oriented candidates or professional masters that would be useful in Industries. How many MSc candidates would have publications, even those in academics do not have . They ought to use aptitude test (to regularize academic proficiency),SOP, Award, Publication, Professional certificate, Interview to test candidates intelligence . Professional membership might not be necessary if the focus is research postgraduate studies, otherwise, it ought to be used to fulfill PTDF mandate of training professionals for oil & gas.
This is an observation.

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by franicool: 10:18am On May 14, 2018
bb12008:
I wondered why the interviews for F/G/C scholarships did not take into consideration of membership of professional bodies which is one of their advertised selection criteria , rather they focused on publications and awards . Though, I don't know if their targets are research-oriented candidates or professional masters that would be useful in Industries. How many MSc candidates would have publications, even those in academics do not have . They ought to use aptitude test (to regularize academic proficiency),SOP, Award, Publication, Professional certificate, Interview to test candidates intelligence . Professional membership might not be necessary if the focus is research postgraduate studies, otherwise, it ought to be used to fulfill PTDF mandate of training professionals for oil & gas.
This is an observation.
I really agree with you. So those of us without any publications and international awards don't stand any chance?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 10:34am On May 14, 2018
Any report from UI Ibadan center?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 10:45am On May 14, 2018
jayned:
please is there anyone who applied for accounting related course here?
Present
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 10:55am On May 14, 2018
franicool:

I really agree with you. So those of us without any publications and international awards don't stand any chance?
We have MSc candidates with publication......and any kind of award is honoured...also wondering why they didn't ask for professional certificates and discharge
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by dazzlingd(m): 11:19am On May 14, 2018
Xkanta:

We have MSc candidates with publication......and any kind of award is honoured...also wondering why they didn't ask for professional certificates and discharge

Do you have a publication or awards or both
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by jayned: 11:36am On May 14, 2018
Xkanta:

Present

good to see u. can u please share what courses u applied for? Seemed there were limited courses relating to our field.
I chose petroleum tax and finance thinking it was an accounting course on checking google now I discovered it's law related, it's actually an LLM ( I wan faint) and that is my first choice.

My second choice was oil and gas finance while my 3rd is supply chain mgt.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by jayned: 11:42am On May 14, 2018
funshobabs:

Please did u take printouts of your SOP?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by funshobabs(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2018
I don't think anyone can be denied a scholarship because they do not have award or publications. Yes they might carry points during assessment but can't rule out ones chances.
Every of your credentials and qualifications will be given marks/points.
Example
Undergraduate degree : First class: 100, second class upper: 80, second class lower : 60

Masters Degree : Distinction :100, Merit: 80, Pass :60

Publications : 10 points for each (max of 5 pub)
Award: 10 points for each. (max of 2 awards)
Total :270 points.

So a person with 2nd class lower with merit in masters without publication and award will have a score of
60+80=140/270.

This is just an example and it depends on d criteria they are looking out for. It is called the factor rating method. At the end of the day, applicants with high score will be used along side federal character (very important) for selection.
Favour will locate us all.

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by funshobabs(m): 11:50am On May 14, 2018
Yes I did, but during the application I didn't have an sop I had to quickly draft one before my interview but they never asked for it.
jayned:

Please did u take printouts of your SOP?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by insperyadyou: 1:58pm On May 14, 2018
They will always ask MSc candidates if they have published any work before. They will always ask you if you have won an award before. The question now is, are our first degree projects published in Nigeria just like that? Do you just win an award for excellence just like that? Why are they so particular about Publications and Awards. Why are they not including Professional programmes/certifications

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by HIlord: 2:04pm On May 14, 2018
funshobabs:
Yes I did, but during the application I didn't have an sop I had to quickly draft one before my interview but they never asked for it.

Really? @ having no SOP.

I don't think many of us have the criteria clearly defined yet. Prior to your statement, the threads presumed a good SOP was a major criteria for being shortlisted. Hmmn, you're introducing factor rating method and 'federal character.' Thanks for clearing the air a bit.

Is it safe to assume it's also a raffle draw?

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Euopal(m): 2:29pm On May 14, 2018
Japanese Governmet announces MEXT Scholarship 2018/2019 Deadlines | Past Questions. MEXT Scholarship (Research, Undergraduate, College of Technology and Specialized Training College) application is now open. Here, we have updated the deadline for the application, the past questions and the universities participating.

AGBAMI SCHOLARSHIP 2018/2019 APPLICATION DEADLINES

FIND DETAILS: https://www.gistmate.com.ng/mext-scholarship-2018-2019/
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by KoolK: 2:50pm On May 14, 2018
HIlord:

Really? @ having no SOP.

I don't think many of us have the criteria clearly defined yet. Prior to your statement, the threads presumed a good SOP was a major criteria for being shortlisted. Hmmn, you're introducing factor rating method and 'federal character.' Thanks for clearing the air a bit.

Is it safe to assume it's also a raffle draw?

haha...a raffle draw..you are not out of point. it might interest us to know that no process is 100 efficient. so if you were chosen for interview or Germany, it's just grace for you because many people applied. you think it's your first class but no, many first class were ignored.nobody knws the criteria for this selection. an interviewer might even like you cos u resemble his nephew or niece. u lay all the emphasis on awards and publications, u have forgotten u were asked what ull com back n do. that carries 100 marks..lol. if u said join oil and gas, that's 100 marks. be a lecturer, that's 100 marks..the rest..on ur own..just my opinion. haha. .it's funny.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by polyma(m): 3:26pm On May 14, 2018
Ladasha:

What do I do please?

Try again later.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 3:27pm On May 14, 2018
jayned:

good to see u. can u please share what courses u applied for? Seemed there were limited courses relating to our field.
I chose petroleum tax and finance thinking it was an accounting course on checking google now I discovered it's law related, it's actually an LLM ( I wan faint) and that is my first choice.

My second choice was oil and gas finance while my 3rd is supply chain mgt.
You should have the equivalent to a UK Honours degree, preferably at 2:1 level or above. Candidates with a 2:2 degree may also apply. Preferred degree disciplines are Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum or Mining Engineering, Finance....this is from their website... So we are still on course.. I applied for petroleum taxation and finance, international oil and gas management, oil and gas finance or so...

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 3:29pm On May 14, 2018
funshobabs:
I don't think anyone can be denied a scholarship because they do not have award or publications. Yes they might carry points during assessment but can't rule out ones chances.
Example
Undergraduate degree : First class: 100, second class upper: 80, second class lower : 60

So a person with 2nd class lower with merit in masters without publication and award will have a score of
60+80=140/270.

This is just an example and it depends on d criteria they are looking out for. It is called the factor rating method. At the end of the day, applicants with high score will be used along side federal character (very important) for selection.
Total marks is 100 sir
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by KoolK: 3:45pm On May 14, 2018
Xkanta:

Total marks is 100 sir
you should have told us this na. are you one of the interviewers or a PTDF staff.lol.
afteral jamb is 400 marks. he might b right

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by bb12008: 3:50pm On May 14, 2018
insperyadyou:
They will always ask MSc candidates if they have published any work before. They will always ask you if you have won an award before. The question now is, are our first degree projects published in Nigeria just like that? Do you just win an award for excellence just like that? Why are they so particular about Publications and Awards. Why are they not including Professional programmes/certifications
That was the point I was saying, probably they target research-oriented candidates but that does not follow the PTDF mission. Even among the selection criteria for F/G/C they advertised , MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES WAS STATED but was overlooked in the interview.
The UK scholarships are masters taught which enhances candidates professionally.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by bb12008: 3:50pm On May 14, 2018
insperyadyou:

That was the point I was saying, probably they target research-oriented candidates but that does not follow the PTDF mission. Even among the selection criteria for F/G/C they advertised , MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES WAS STATED but was overlooked in the interview.
The UK scholarships are masters taught which enhances candidates professionally.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 3:56pm On May 14, 2018
KoolK:

you should have told us this na. are you one of the interviewers or a PTDF staff.lol.
afteral jamb is 400 marks. he might b right
Okay

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by bb12008: 3:57pm On May 14, 2018
funshobabs:
Example

60+80=140/270.

Who told you the grading system? What I know is that they give points to Degree, Award, Publication, Ability to response to questions intelligently and the interviewers RECOMMENDS OR NOT for Germany, France or China depending your intending program.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by saintneo(m): 4:12pm On May 14, 2018
Xkanta:

Okay

I see a max of 25 marks in your picture.

10 - 5 - 10

Where did the other 75 go?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 4:14pm On May 14, 2018
saintneo:

I see a max of 25 marks in your picture.

10 - 5 - 10

Where did the other 75 go?
And you didn't see the first page is not complete?

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by funshobabs(m): 4:25pm On May 14, 2018
I just gave an illustration and am not too certain. Definitely there will be marks for interview.
bb12008:

Who told you the grading system? What I know is that they give points to Degree, Award, Publication, Ability to response to questions intelligently and the interviewers RECOMMENDS OR NOT for Germany, France or China depending your intending program.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by saintneo(m): 4:25pm On May 14, 2018
Xkanta:

Affirmative, I was expecting to see the other part. Kindly share please.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by KoolK: 4:30pm On May 14, 2018
Xkanta:
nice one. atleast we are begining to have a clue of the whole thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (105) (Reply)

[Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.