Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) (1046 Views)

Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by ponziponzi(m): 3:20am On Jan 10, 2018
Matthew Ashimolowo's tweet on Tithe and some very funny replies

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by ponziponzi(m): 3:20am On Jan 10, 2018
more...

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by ponziponzi(m): 3:21am On Jan 10, 2018
more replies...

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by ponziponzi(m): 3:22am On Jan 10, 2018
and funnier replies, these so-called 'men of God' are a disgrace to Africans

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by ponziponzi(m): 3:45am On Jan 10, 2018
hahahaha see finishing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by 1Sharon(f): 6:45am On Jan 10, 2018
grin grin.

I'm glad my ppl are waking up

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by hopefulLandlord: 6:50am On Jan 10, 2018
hehehehe
Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by hopefulLandlord: 6:52am On Jan 10, 2018
1Sharon:
grin grin.
I'm glad my ppl are waking up
They aren't Nigerians though
Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by NPComplete: 7:21am On Jan 10, 2018
Nothing has contributed more to the deconversion of many thinking Christians like the antics and shenanigans of pentecostal preachers like this one.

With social media making able to give power and voice to the doubts in the minds of the religious, I fear it is not far off in the future before we find that majority of Christians no longer take preachers like this seriously anymore.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by elgramz: 7:30am On Jan 10, 2018
He's right. The Bible actually said if we tithe, God will rebuke the devourer for our sake. And I believe it

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

They aren't Nigerians though
some of them are. I see an improvement Nigerians are really waking up
Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by ponziponzi(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
elgramz:
He's right. The Bible actually said if we tithe, God will rebuke the devourer for our sake. And I believe it

Not the Christians, he was referring to the Israelites.
Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by Topgainer: 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ashimolowo, I learnt owns rice farms, book press and investments in shares, real estates and schools. This rules him out as a Levite priest which he pretends to be in his previous emotion laden defence. Real Levite priest for whose benefit the tithe became a command to the Jews owned no businesses or fixed assets. Although, non priest among them latter engaged in work to fend for themselves and families culminating in some of them having properties (Ref: Acts 4:36). It was only within the premise of Levitical Priesthood that tithing of farm produce stood as a command from God.
Ashimolowo probably saw the foolishness of his previous summations that he swung back to Melchizedek. That is even better because it takes just a few flips of the pages of the Bible to get to Genesis encounter between Abraham and Melchizedek. The story is clear and the reference to it by the writer of Hebrew does not make it ambiguous.
~Abraham was not commanded to tithe as his insurance against devourers.
~Abraham did that only once not from his enormous wealth at the time but from the spoils of war which he eventually gave up the remaining 90%.
~How come Jesus of Ashimolowo, a priest unlike Melchizedek who took spoils of war as tithe only once, now demands that tithe should be brought as money every week or monthly?
NB. The Jesus of Ashimolowo who seem to love money so much that he threatens Christians to pay up or loose insurance, is different from the Jesus of Nazareth, like Melchizedek who didn't coerce or threaten Abraham to pay up, who didn't turn up every week or month at Abraham's door to collect the insurance premium, was not recorded to have taken tithe from any Christian and his disciples who took over from Him were not also recorded to receive the same from any Christian.
~This revelation of Jesus being a High Priest for the sake of collecting money tithe on gross income weekly and monthly was not practiced by the Jesus or many generations of Christians after him that upheld the Apostolic doctrine.
~It is clear that Ashimolowo like many others worships a different god, Mammon, a different Jesus that collects naira, pounds or dollars pay for insurance. In stead of keeping late nights for 3 straight days thinking and tweeting how to wriggle out of his confusions on money- tithe -commandments -of -Christians, he should have kept mute and channeled his energy to spicing up his motivational talks which I find boring. Except, the truth campaign has been affecting his revenue as god Mammon's actuary, I see no reason why he should feel threatened by the John Knox kind of Truth.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by 1Sharon(f): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2018
elgramz:

God needs money to protect you?!

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by Pavore9: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
Divine insurance policy, when will these hustlers get tired of manipulating their sheep? angry
Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by elgramz: 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
1Sharon:

God needs money to protect you?!
I have quoted verbatim what the Bible says. Unless you're saying God doesn't know what He is saying, then I don't understand the essence of your question
Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by 1Sharon(f): 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
elgramz:

I have quoted verbatim what the Bible says. Unless you're saying God doesn't know what He is saying, then I don't understand the essence of your question

Why does god need paper money to do the shittt he is supposed to do?!
Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by elgramz: 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
1Sharon:

Why does god need paper money to do the shittt he is supposed to do?!
Maybe you should direct your questions to Him. I don't question God's wisdom
Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by 1Sharon(f): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
elgramz:

Maybe you should direct your questions to Him. I don't question God's wisdom

I question EVERY TING!
Re: Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) by elgramz: 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
1Sharon:

I question EVERYTING!
Goodluck to you then

(1) (Reply)

RCCG To Start Confirming The Virginity Of All Brides Before Conducting Marriages / Salvation Ministry Founder, Pastor David Ibiyeomie As He Celebrates His Birthday / Prophetic Prayers For Supernatural Conception : Deliverance. (3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.