Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,710 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Olu's Message From The Land Of The Living (fiction)- Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Olu's Message From The Land Of The Living (fiction)- Short Story (405 Views)

Flash Fiction/short Stories. / Ovunda Ihunwo Sets Port Harcourt Alive With 'Hopes Of The Living Dead' / I Need A Child - (Literary Fiction, Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olu's Message From The Land Of The Living (fiction)- Short Story by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2018
You 'dis' me... I've never been this 'dissed' in my life. Now.......
I'll kill you...
I'll poof you....
I'll slice your throat
I'll make you smell pepper
I'll make you die
I'll poison you
I'll make you feel my wrath
I'll cut you into pieces

All while this mad man keeps displaying in front of me, I kept calm in my car while he display his madness. All I kept thinking in my mind was... ' oga, all die na die. Na only one person you go kill, slice, poof, poison haba!
Chai many people are mad yet they roam round the society in good cloths, some are even the top notch in the society, but they are mentally unstable.

I was turning round challenge round about when I immediately saw one Bororo small girl, begging for alms appeared in front of my car, I couldn't do anything than to hit my brake hard, which I did. Unfortunately, this man displaying in front of me hit me at my car's bumper too. I noise of my scattered bumper rented the air as I swerve my hand toward the front of an eatery very close to park. This man couldn't even take a chill, he had left his car right on the road and started running after me on his feets. What a way to display madness!

I kept calm hoping to allow him calm his anger before I step out to see whatever damages we had both sustained.

" oga, you better come down, see I won't take it easy with you I swear" the man keeps complaining. I stepped down and went to the back of my official vehicle to see the level of the damage done.

I shook my head immediately I saw my bumper with a slight hollow on it, whao it's not too much, 'just a scratch I said to myself'. That means the man's car would have been so damaged severely. Who knows... probably why he was so pained. I went straight to where his car was. I can see many motorist already trying to maneover their way with the way this man had parked his vehicle. The car I saw at the middle road parked abruptly was a black Toyota prada SUV. I suspected that was the vehicle, I was trying to loacte what had really went wrong with the vehicle, I couldn't find anything except from a little scratch towards its fender. I suspected I had damaged someone's car so badly, maybe what had damaged was the engine. I checked round again and all I could still see was the scrath on the right fender.
" oga, wetin do this vehicle " I asked the man who was still so much boiling.
See young man, just repair my vehicle and let me go. He replied.

Just then I remembered their is this oga Taju panel beater just at the back of our radio station. I checked my time and it was 10:30am, by now I should be in the station warming up to read the news at 11am. I besiged the man to please follow me down to my office and get the car fixed.

I arrived the station 10:38am I didn't go into garage, I moved down to oga Taju's workshop to get the gentleman's car fixed ( im not sure I used the right word, gentle). Oga taju who was very busy dropped what he was doing and approached me just as I was trying to park.
" oga abeg help me repair this my brother's vehicle before I return, let him go after you are through I will foot the expenses sir" I said as I went straight into the studio, then it was just 10:52am... I can still read the news.

Next update....
Oga Femi, I don finish that man car ooo, hin don go sef. But he dropped a card for you. Hin say make you call am. Oga Taju handed a card to me which I checked and it read.... Ceo Greenview & sons Aviation and fleet services. Otunba Jaiyesimi.

Drabeey wrote this...
Re: Olu's Message From The Land Of The Living (fiction)- Short Story by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 10, 2018
8-14th minute

Oga Femi, I don finish that man car ooo, hin don go sef. But he dropped a card for you. Hin say make you call am. Oga Taju handed a card to me which I checked and it read.... Ceo Greenview & sons Aviation and fleet services. Otunba Jaiyesimi.

" what is my bill " I asked oga Taju.
" Femi, which bill? Abeg that man na better yahu yahu person, na wen hin see say I finish spray am small na hin he come begin dey tori me"

Otunba Jaiyesimi had just been served a divorce letter by his wife's lawyer and he was already in trauma, he had resorted to drive out the anger in him before we collided.
Oga Taju narrated that story to me and I felt this emptiness in me. Immediately, I begin to thank God for his mercy and the enormous gift of a good wife I was given.
I then took it up within me to see to the matter and probably end it.

Drabeey, I had choose to talk with you because I know you won't let me down, please let every word I say never depreciate or added upon.

Do you know that I and oga Taju resolved the rift between otunba Jaiyesimi's family?
His wife was right though, Otunba was a womaniser and she knew the only way to call him back to his senses was to threatening a divorce, Otunba will lose all the private jets he has and some parts of his houses too. Who lose?

It was then all seems a little bit clearer to me. No I wasnt in a trance, but in a deep sleep and I was in the land of the dead. I kept thinking to myself what brought me here, I couldn't even see the face of the man talking with me.

Drabeey, I can sense your fears and I can see what you are thinking. He laughed while saying this..
"No, you are in the land of the living, not of the dead."
He pointed his hands out and I saw someone in a golden garment, but all I saw was his arms. He was pointing out to a wide fire burning, and I could hear the agony and pains of women and children, men and some creepy creature. " that is the land of the dead " he said. Now his voice sounded like thunder and my heart nearly jumped out of my mouth ".

Don't be afraid, I was given only 30 minutes to communicate my well being and we have already exhausted 14 out of it! I can't talk with you while you are been afraid, this is the land where no fear exists and here all we say is 'Hossanah'.

Immediately he said this, the fear in me disappeared as if nothing happened, but yet I couldn't see the face of who I was talking with all I hear was the voice of a man sitted with me in my room while I had became two. I saw my body sleeping and my spirit sat on thesame table listening to my guest from the ' land of the living'.

14-23rd minute

My heart is heavy, but it's not allowed.
I had always preached against drinking and drive.
Well, he (God) said....' that was your purpose in life, and you've served it righteously, welcome into the place I've provided for you'
What a profit I've made.
What a way to earn the eternity.
I've been vindicated.
I fought bravely and I've overcame.
Hurrah! I made heaven.
For what shall it profit a man who gain the whole world and loses his soul.
I've seen Jesus, I just finished dining with him before he granted me this 30minutes with you.
I miss my son Olumide and the yet to come...(I wish he is called Praises) I cried at his feet when I got here.

I said to him ' haba father, why now'. He said, " I take the righteous before the day of suffering, Femi... I am the I am that I am and the giver and taker of life, I own you, I took you"

A message to my wife and son, my parents and siblings...... I can see you are in deep pains... why? Are you my creator?
He took me when he felt was right. I can only wish I have more time with you, but he said " he knows best"
Please forgive me for leaving you my family! I can't help it.

I'm happy here and I'll watch over you all from here. I promise!

23rd to 27th minute.

Dr Ayefele, I can't but thank you for your endeavours, I see all from here.
Uncle Deji (babe fresh) thanks
Eob, I hail you.
My brother from another mother, yes I can see your heart is heavy... I made a promise to keep your bits till you come, but I failed you to please my creator, please find a way in your heart to forgive me, Kenny Ogunmiloro.

To all the member of staffs, I'm not missing you because I can see you all from here.
I'm sorry I had to leave you all now, I have no power over my soul.

My time is far spent.
I can see you still don't know who you are talking with. I am olufemi Oluwajobi.
Tell Nigerians and my lovers, please...
Don't drink and drive, now you know why I keep saying that. Avoid casual sex, and if you must do.... please use protection, I care about you. stay out of troubles.
We'll will see again, surely, on the day of reckoning. Please do good and strive to make heaven, it's so good to be here.

Just then, the cloud hovering all over him begin to disperse and I could see vividly who had been talking with me, it's was indeed OAP Olufemi Oluwajobi of fresh 105.9 fm, ibadan. He looked so younger and looks like an heaven being. He was glowing! He was dressed in white garmet and the arms formulated in gold. I have never seen anything as beautiful.

I started ascending and I attempted to touch him, but my had failed as if I touched the thin air. I decided to ask him a question.
" olufemi, please who drove that vehicle " I asked...
He said " what good does that make "
I ascended till I could see him no more. Just then I woke up and felt my head so heavy and my eyes to weak to awake. I forced myself to stand up and used the bath.... then I realised I was just dreaming. yet, he sent me a message I must deliver.

Thanks for reading.

Drabeey wrote this...

Please note, this is plain work of fiction ( probably an inspiration from him). Treat as such. Thanks
Re: Olu's Message From The Land Of The Living (fiction)- Short Story by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2018
lalasticlala, please help make bold Oluwajobi's message to the public.

Drabeey was here

(1) (Reply)

Short Article: No Body Can Hurt You Without Your Consent / Consistently Doing One Thing Daily For 21 Days Will Change Your Life / Une Pièce Anticléricale (l'anticlericalisme) ; On Ne Badine Pas Avec L'amour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.