Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed (30005 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Commissions Oshodi-Abule-Egba BRT Corridor / LASG To Demolish Four Petrol Stations On Ikorodu Road To Build BRT Lanes, Parks / Buhari Completes 12 Stations Of The Abuja Light Rail Project (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2018
ikwubaba:

What is really ugly about this train couches? I know sense of beauty is relative. we can juxtapose with UK trains, talking about external looks alone.
Many Nigerians believe anything Nigerian is wacky, even if u bring d most luxurious of coaches to Nigeria, Nigerians will still complain that it won't last long cos it's not rugged.

1 Like

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by matrixme(m): 11:06am On Jan 11, 2018
Rossikk:

No. They should just bring all the coaches at one time and risk commotion rather than a gradual phase in of the trains as NORMAL SOCIETIES DO.

When it ends in confusion, you will be the first to complain.
Heathrow is the busiest two-runway airport in the world, welcoming around 1,300 combined take-offs and landings each day. Why haven't commotion occur there, which happens to be a NORMAL SOCIETY, meanwhile a train service meant for less than 300,000 people will come with commotion?
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Demmzy15(m): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Don't be fooled, am in Abuja and this news is false.
The light rail has been where GEJ left it. Don't be deceived I live in Abuja.
I stay in Abuja, and I say you're lying

1 Like

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by olahero(m): 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

Permit me to make inputs and disect this bone of contention,
I quite appreciate the fact that the author is advocating for prioritization of opportunity cost, thereby entrenching scale down of the proposed extension to neighbouring countries owing to the fact of little or scarce funds for their execution,and comparative measurement of distances in other corridors, that been said, I guess the minister is outlaying the wholistic overview of not just the Nigerian territorial masterplan, but that of the regional masterplan in the sub region, we have not heard of funding extension to such places, maybe by joint venture between the nation's involved,if that be the case any way more lucid clarification will be needed from the government,

To buttress my observations, First, in this millenia, you can't afford to disconnect /isolate yourself from transregional /transcontinental economic integration, that in its simplest of terms are counterproductive, because what ever affects you affects your neighbors, be it retrogression,or progression, vice versa, when you sneeze, your neighbors catch cold, the shock reverberates and transcends to your neighbors, and this could have counter implications, which would definitely make or Mar the region. It is a dangerous presipise that is avoidable.

Case in point, the bokoharam terrorism transformation from little meagre cells to full blown terror group crisscrossing Nigeria, niger, Chad, Cameroun,
Ebola affecting Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Cameroun etc,
Opening of lago dam gates of Cameroun leading to flooding in Nigeria,
Bakassi Peninsula impass,
Tauregs/fulani clash,
Desertification of Sahara
Militancy and pirates affecting inflow of investments
Depletion of Lake chad
Political instabilities etc

The world is dismantling economic trade borders to bring economic cohesion, it is still a global village and will remain like that for the umpteenth time and nearest future,

Can't you see that Kenya is linking Nairobi, Nakuru to Mombasa to dares Salam in Tanzania, To Kampala in Uganda, to Addis Ababa in Ethiopia to Mogadishu in Somalia to Djibouti, Kigali - Rwanda in East Africa,

While southafrican jozi links Harare, bulawayo, in Zimbabwe, Luanda in Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, etc

Egyptian - North African belt,
Cairo-Capetown belt

While the West African transregional corridor got lagos - benin-lome - Accra - Abidjan - Bamako - Dakar - fez, casablanca corridor,
Just like the coastal line will be linking Cameroun,

a wealthy nation in the midst /surrounded by poor nations is a ticking time bomb, and an ill wind that will blow no one no good, so you got to be concerned about the happenings in your neighborhood.

So the construction of these lines are the manifestation of masterplan which is expected to be a consolidation of regional economic integration,

These rail lines have critical structural economic implications, hence they are arteries carrying agro-belt, with transit points, supply points, demand points, backward integration points etc,

This will aid self sufficiency, surplus for export, refrigerated coaches for agricultural supply chain, To mitigate wastages from spoilage of perishables,fastidious movement transportation logistics to help ease of business, and increase in productivity.

economic integration is key,
The waters flowing into the tributaries feeding our hydroelectric dams like Mambila, kashimbila, zungeru, shiroro, kainji, jebba, gurara, Lower usman, argungu, benue, bosso, niger, have their collections and sources and flows from our neighbors from central African region, West African region,

Some made compromises and didn't dam their water bodies, if they had, we won't have enough flow to generate our hydroelectric power supply, no matter how we contest it, the gas sources can't be enough to power the whole country, because we still depend heavily on crude export for forex, coupled with the uncertain future and fluctuating features of non-renewables in the global economic market.

In essence the purposefulness of economic integration mustn't be defeated, in as much as the daura monarch has sphere of jurisdiction extending to niger, however, we could have joint venture while the Blueprint of the masterplan is undergoing implementation,

Just like the transborder communities are replete on the western flank between Nigeria and Benin(shaki cotounou, seme) , and Cameroonian - nigerian flank etc,

The summation of my assertions is that,
What ever be the case for execution of the projects there must be a linkage with our neighbors in the sub region,both northern/ eastern flank, and Western/coastal/southern flank, as for funding we could decide to do our bit solely/separately , while our neighbors equally do theirs, with a consideration of synergy of linkage of the lines to make up the regional corridor, or we all do it jointly when works reaches border communities of the separate countries, which ever way, it's a win win.
My major distaste on these projects is the periodization of their execution, time-lapse, intermittent delays, beurocratic impediments, etc

My opinions.
Very sound response, it is good to be learned. Kudos man

1 Like

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by uba1991: 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Don't be fooled, am in Abuja and this news is false.
The light rail has been where GEJ left it. Don't be deceived I live in Abuja.
where are u in abuja?some pigs ll stay in one village and call it abuja. Plz tell me wia u reside in abuja

1 Like

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by uba1991: 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
matrixme:

Heathrow is the busiest two-runway airport in the world, welcoming around 1,300 combined take-offs and landings each day. Why haven't commotion occur there, which happens to be a NORMAL SOCIETY, meanwhile a train service meant for less than 300,000 people will come with commotion?
Do u knw how Heathrow started? U can't walk b4 crawling
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by YaxxVille(m): 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
Madam thats not d issue, d issue is that u shd pray for d quick recovery of yusuf buhari
frankyychiji:
But don't you think it's wrong and wasteful to fly Yusuf to Germany for brain damage when Aro mental home is just within reach
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by frankyychiji(f): 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
YaxxVille:
Madam thats not d issue, d issue is that u shd pray for d quick recovery of yusuf buhari
Am I a prayer contractor?
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by victorazyvictor(m): 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
uba1991:
where are u in abuja?some pigs ll stay in one village and call it abuja. Plz tell me wia u reside in abuja

Maitama sir.
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by victorazyvictor(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
Demmzy15:
I stay in Abuja, and I say you're lying

Go closed to Airport rd. alone Citec / Abuja open university road near Nile university. Go and see the abandoned structures or behind the amusement part beside stadium.
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Horus(m): 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-at-home: Ebonyi Witnesses Zero Compliance / Festus Okoye: Why APGA Won’t Participate In Anambra Governorship Election / Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready For Use By Christmas 2022 – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.