Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga (634 Views)

Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister / Fayose Says Fulani Herdsmen Are “terrorists”, Tells Buhari What To Do / Aisha Buhari Poses With Doctors Who Helped Her Son After His Accident. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by AutoReportNG: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
A man named Mr. Lawrence has taken to his Facebook page to narrate his ordeal and experience in an accident scene. According to him a family of 5 were involved in an accident and instead of people to help to save their lives, they were busy taking pictures and no one was willing to help take them to the hospital until when the man died... Read the story below...

I hardly make posts.I think apart from my wife's birthday, I have just made one but I need to do this because I am traumatized by it.
This morning, I was rushing to catch up with my Sunday service at Benin from Osha.Having been forced to sleep at Onitsha due to head bridge traffic jam last night.

Just after Abudu, the Honda pilot in my distant front pulled a back tire and the Suv began to somersault.This car went up to about 20 feet above the ground before landing with its roof.This wasn't a Rabo or James Bond movie but a reality.I was so petrified. Never seen that in my life.

When it was all over in just seconds or so, lying on the floor were a family of 5 children with there parents traveling after Christmas.

Their father was nearly gone, mother and 4 children heavily wounded and unconscious, one daughter not touched but shouting and shaking her parents and siblings to come back alive.

Road blocked many packed and we all started praying and calling God of life.(Nigerians can sure pray).

I now said we need to move them to hospital.I carried the 4 injured unconscious children into my Suv, threw all my suits and loads out to accommodate their only conscious sister and told the young pastor with me to drive them to hospital.

This is when I saw Nigerians in action.No one agreed to bring his/her car for the 2 unconscious parents.I begged, cried, knelt on the main road, nobody.Yet more than 50 different type cars were there.

Many snapping pictures of the people posting.I tried to blackmail, it all fell on deaf ear.
I became crazy and beat on vehicles yet nobody bulged. While this was going on the father gave up the ghost.

"HERDSMEN ARE JUST ANOTHER NIGERIANS"

When this happened, I thought hearts will change, but none, rather more tears without action.
I saw a govt Toyota Landcruiser with a pilot Hilux and knelt in front of it with my suit asking the man to use his Hilux but he ordered his police orderly to push me out.Guess what other hypocrites who refused for the past 40mins started insulting him for committing the same offense.

The mother was now going, yet nobody. I told my pastor to rush back and let's carry these ones.
Just then road safety came to my help.Well by this time the woman was near gone.

We got to the hospital and the kids are being treated but doctors said more time wasting would have killed them especially the 2 boys.Thank God.

Please help me pray for them.
The road safety said it is only one out of one million people that help the accident victim in Nigeria.

Please let us change that this year.
It could be your family tomorrow.
I came back from the hospital to take these pictures of the car but not human beings.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/01/killer-herdsmen-are-just-like-many.html

Lalasticlala
Seun

2 Likes

Re: Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by AutoReportNG: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
Nigerians.... Hmmmm

In the time of help, may we be surrounded with helpers and not photographers on IG and FB
Re: Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by sarrki(m): 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
I read about this yesterday

We Nigerians are naturally wicked

2 Likes

Re: Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by Escalze(m): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:
I read about this yesterday

We Nigerians are naturally wicked
Including Baba? tongue
Re: Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by AutoReportNG: 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2018
@Lalasticlala
Re: Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by laudate: 2:15am On Jan 12, 2018
A law should be passed against taking pictures of the dead or dying victims at an accident scene, before first aid has been administered, or before rushing them to the hospital, for emergency medical care. Anyone found breaching this law, should be arrested and prosecuted. Many Nigerians are naturally heartless. As for those taking pictures at this particular accident scene, without offering any assistance, may God punish them sharp-sharp, without any delay! angry
Re: Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by Nobody: 3:16am On Jan 12, 2018
You dont really blame Nigerians, people have languished in prisons, shot, humiliated, extorted just because they tried to render assistance..

Just last week, we read about the lady whom tried to help an accident victim in lagos, and the case was almost turned on her if not the advise given to her to zoom off from the bike man whom saw it all.

They expected the govt vehicle occupants to help because the case cant be turned on them..
Re: Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by morbeta(m): 3:42am On Jan 12, 2018
It's a pity. All Nigerians are journalists and entertainers.

1 Like

Re: Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by sinkhole: 5:42am On Jan 12, 2018
morbeta:
It's a pity. All Nigerians are journalists and entertainers.
Well some are truly, but consider this scenario: I am traveling on a long distant journey, maybe Lagos to Kaduna, I saw accident victims at Okenne, carried them and had my vehicle stained with blood, but that does not border me personally, I have to save a life. After saving them by getting them to a nearby hospital, I continued my journey and I am now in Abuja and at check-point a soldier/policeman looked into my car and see BLOOD stain
What becomes of me? embarassed
This is Nigeria
Re: Killer Herdsmen Are Just Like Many Nigerians, A Man Shares His Accident Saga by lalasticlala(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2018

(1)

A Look At Bala Usman’s Analysis Of Communal Conflicts In Nigeria (1) / Your New Coalition Is Deceitful - Edwin Clark Blast Ex President, Obasanjo / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu’s Wife Speaks On Whereabouts Of Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.