Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister (52999 Views)

Zonal Congress: Our South West Leaders Disappointed APC, Others – PDP / Kano LG Polls: NDLEA Screens 250 Candidates, Says Some Of Them Are Drug Addict / Our South African Classmates Bully, Tell Us To Leave Their Country – Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by References: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
Naledi Pandor, South African minister of foreign affairs, says there are many Nigerians in the country involved in drug and human trafficking.

Pandor said this on Thursday while responding to criticisms that South Africa’s security agencies are not doing enough to protect foreigners in the wave of xenophobia rocking the country.

Many Nigerians based in South Africa lost properties worth millions of dollars in the fresh attacks.

But in an interview with eNCA, a South African outfit, Pandor said South Africans believe many Nigerians are “harming our young people.”

Asked if the country’s security agencies have helped in protecting foreigners including Nigerians, she responded: “I would appreciate them in helping us as well to address the belief our people have and the reality that there are many persons from Nigeria dealing in drugs in our country.

“I believe that Nigerian nationals are involved in human trafficking and other abusive practices.

“These kind of assistance of ensuring that such persons do not come to our country will be of great assistance to our nation.”

The xenophobic attacks forced Nigeria to pull out of the ongoing World Economic Forum in South Africa.

In its initial response to the fresh attacks, the federal government summoned Bobby Monroe, South Africa’s high commissioner to Nigeria.

President Muhammadu Buhari also dispatched a special envoy to convey his concerns over the attacks to President Cyril Ramaphosa.

Nigeria demanded full compensation for its citizens affected in the latest attacks, but Pandor had earlier said there is no provision for such.

https://www.thecable.ng/sa-minister-many-nigerians-in-our-country-are-drug-traffickers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by dollytino4real(f): 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
give a dog bad name to hang it,

258 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
As much as what she said is true, this in NO WAY should be a reason to attack ANY law abiding Nigerian in SA (or even African criminals).

This idiot is looking for a scapegoat for the fact that her people are xenophobic, and have been attacking black foreigners in SA for decades.

232 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
He is right. Many Nigerians in SA are drug dealers and human traffickers.

But i wish the SA govt would seek assistance from the NGA govt on how to clamp down on NGA nationals with questionable characters who intend to come to SA and stay, because it is those ones with questionable characters that indulge in crime in SA

The Police of SA also, should do their jobs in bursting crime gangs, and not allow civilians attack foreigners lawlessly, because that is barbaric.

77 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by helinues: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
Many like in what %?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Sunofgod(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2019
Show proof...... statistics please.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Iamgrey5(m): 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
The drug dealer that sparked the uproar is not a Nigerian

He is a Tanzanian

She is a fool..tbh

These are the fools inciting the looters

What is the relationship between Drug dealing and looting honest business men

223 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by baby124: 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
I thought we had incompetent government officials in Nigeria. But the level of incompetence is South Africa blows my mind away. The government officials words and actions show that they support the mob actions of their people. If there are drug pushers/dealers in your country why not arrest, jail and or deport them? Are you an animal? Why mention it now during this Xenophobia saga as kind of a justification for what happened?

Yet, Nigerian government is trying to play the bigger role. Well Nigerian government is sitting on a potential explosion because 6months from now, it will happen again and this time, Nigeria will explode. The repercussions will affect the politicians in Nigeria if they do not take decisive actions against South Africa now.

247 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Andersonjr(m): 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
Delusional bigot

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by fiizznation: 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
Hear this stupid man that calls himself a minister. So south Africans don't commit crimes in other folks countries? Yeah even if some Nigerians decided to engaged themselves in nefarious acts, does that give you punk-asses the right to kill and maim foreigners/Nigerians in your stupid country? I still don't even know what Nigerians are looking for in SA, a country with very limited opportunities.. If you are there to study, that I will understand.

What happened to straightening your law enforcement agencies by making sure that those 'criminals' in your country are apprehended and brought to book. There are so many African immigrants(in their millions) that are doing one or two businesses in Nigeria, some of them commit all sorts of crimes in Nigeria, but you don't see Nigerians going about killing them indiscriminately.

Stupid xenophobic asshole!!!

188 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by aolawale025: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
This is very wrong
Especially from a government minister

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by eTECTIV: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
It seems South Africans are really stupid wen U consider their statements so far... If U have evidence dat dey are drug dealers why not arrest and jail dem? U claim dey are drug dealers so why are ur ppl looting legitimate businesses.. Drug dealers we know would have shot and killed as many of d attackers as possible during d attacks but yet we didn't hear any of such

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by justtoodark: 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
bullshit....

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by justtoodark: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
helinues:
Many like in what %?

ask am....

their justice system is failin and they wan blame others without doing something....

this is how politicians actualy are....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Gandollaar(f): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
fiizznation:
Hear this stupid man that calls himself a minister. So south Africans don't commit crimes in other folks countries? Yeah even if some Nigerians decided to engaged themselves in nefarious acts, does that give you punk-asses the right to kill and maim foreigners/Nigerians in your stupid country? I still don't even know what Nigerians are looking for in SA, a country with very limited opportunities.. If you are there to study, that I will understand.

What happened to straightening your law enforcement agencies by making sure that those 'criminals' in your country are apprehended and brought to book. There are so many African immigrants(in their millions) that are doing one or two businesses in Nigeria, some of them commit all sorts of crimes in Nigeria, but you don't see Nigerians going about killing them indiscriminately.

I just gave you a like. shocked shocked shocked

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Jorussia(m): 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2019
I thought it was only Cyril ramaphosa that was irresponsible until i watched this woman today on YouTube.The Truth is both the government and people of South Africa are utterly irresponsible and clueless.Recently,Nigeria rounded up many Nigerians involved in internet fraud in the USA.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Jorussia(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
fiizznation:

Na woman she be.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by kutchs: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
I saw and heard a South African on AIT now speaking about how a Tanzanian shot the SA taxi driver against what's falsely reported? He also denied the claim that nothing Nigerians are into drug trafficking saying it's mainly Tanzanian. So who's lying here?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Racoon(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Even if established to be true, does this shitcrap this woman is spewing justifies the xenophobic attacks by the lousy South-Africans to their negro brothers? All these unfortunate developments have the backing of the SA home govt.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
But I thought South Africans are saying we are stealing their jobs---was it drug dealing?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by nameo: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
fiizznation:

Bros, I just liked your comment.

There is really a first time for everything

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by DrNueLpureHoney: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ok...so the man confirmed that many Nigerians lost properties worth millions of dollars...but they have refused to include that life(s) were lost too... Even Nigerian Government have denied the fact that life(s) were lost...

"Nigerians are drug dealers" I laugh in Swahili.... See kettle wey dey call pot black

Well,Na only God fit save Nigerians

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by ednut1(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
Deport them all grin.

9 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by materialproject: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
Tell us who are their customers, and why you failed to arrest them.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by DrNueLpureHoney: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
Make we hear wOrd abegi
Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by martineverest(m): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
fiizznation:

na man be day abi na woman?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by AtikuNetwork: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
No problem. You can Deport them but don't kill, loot or maim them. #SayNoToXenophobia.

16 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Sunnycliff(m): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
Giving a dog a bad name to kill it.

Bleep off ye xenophobic elements

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by MPSA(m): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
AkeNathan:
He is right. Many Nigerians in SA are drug dealers and human traffickers.

But i wish the SA govt would seek assistance from the NGA govt on how to clamp down on NGA nationals with questionable characters who intend to come to SA and stay, because it is those ones with questionable characters that indulge in crime in SA

The Police of SA also, should do their jobs in bursting crime gangs, and not allow civilians attack foreigners lawlessly, because that is barbaric.

My Brother, I am really worried when you Support this since we have bad guys all over the place, We all know about the drugs Story, But They don't deserve this harsh punishment, I never watched the News this past weekend till today, Is when I realized things where not right at all, I thought you are Busy with your Giant thing when you're making noise here online, Only to found out you are talking sense

6 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by immortalityk: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
He is right
XhosaNostra Sunnyside hillbrow
What are those Nigerians doing there

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister by Denikayan: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
100/100

Honest and bitter truth we all know

7 out of 10 Nigerians are illegit in SA

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Full Pictures Of The Kankara Boys After Their Release / Obinna Okadigbo Is Dead (Chuba Okadigbo’s Son) / Fulanis Hold Massive Protest In Paris Against Killing Of Their People. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.