Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Advice On Study In Poland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On Study In Poland (24396 Views)

Advice On Studying In Poland / Nigerian In Poland Needs Information On Norway. / Any Nigerian Living In Poland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Study In Poland by nedostic: 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2010
Pls I do like to meet with any Nigerian based student in Poland.I have been offered admission to a 2-year master's programme in the University of Warsaw,so I really do like to ask some fundamental questions :-are there work opportunities there?how receptive are polish people to blacks?is the economy really buoyant?

Pls I need serious minded,articulate cum knowlegeable nairalanders to help me address some of these questions.I would appreciate if I can get to meet any nairalander based in the country.Thank you.
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by mikkyangel(m): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2010
Nedostic,
try and get ur visa,then worry about the rest later on, The visa should be ur main problem for now.Polish visa is pretty difficult to get nowadays, as compared to 2yrs ago wen i appiled and got mine,

University of Warsaw is about the best university in Poland and one of the best in Europe,so mk u ready for serious jacking oh(reading), i"ll help you with more than enough info when u get the visa, mk sure u apply at the Polish Embassy in Abuja not Lagos, goodluck
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by nedostic: 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2010
@mikyangel, many thanks to you. i guess you are still in poland?pls what are the requirements for polish student visa?let me have your yahoo addy pls.if possible your number and facebook addy incase u are on fb platform.it seems you're online i do like to chat with you now.
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by mikkyangel(m): 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2010
CALL this number 08034048090, his name is Femi,he is the agent that did my visa runs, his agencies name is FEBA.But pls do not give a penny to him.all u need do is to pretend as if u want him to run the visa shows for u in a bid to get info from him about obtaining a Polish visa.Am saying this because nobody can help u get a visa even if that agent owns the Polish embassy. Besides,he has been in the bad books of the Polish embassy so pls "DO NOT GIVE HIM OR ANY OTHER AGENT U FILL U KNOW any MONEY",

After that u can try and get infomation about wht u need do to get a polish visa online, Or u go in person to the embassy to find out urself,

Whts ur full name so i can invite as a friend on Facebook, ? we can also Talk on skype if u hv a skypr id,

Guy,lots of Opportunities dey here,but u need to get that visa 1st!
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by nedostic: 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2010
@mikkyangel,thanks once again 4 ur insightful comments.i do call the guy and act as you said.add me on fb via my yahoo addy:ned4christ@yahho.com

i do expect to hear from you pretty soon, all the same you still haven't told me your current level of education, lets keep in close contact ,

i do appreciate positive feelers from others as well
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by tunde300us(m): 8:09am On Apr 12, 2010
@mikkyangel: U didnt tell dis guy abt the language barrier and the discriminative nature of the people,all u said was that there are plenty of opportunities which will make the guy more desperate.
Now wey dem president don get plane crash i hope those opportunities will still be there ?
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by mikkyangel(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2010
tunde300us,
E nor get any country wen disadvantages nor dey,
As for language barrier, yes its a problem here which u'll have to accept if indeed u want to come over, I have completed my 2yrs masters in marketing.Am about to apply for Green cards schemes available in some EU countries(Denmark Green Card, Ireland Green,Green card Greece to mention but a few , Some rich eu countries are in need of young and educated pple because they are experiencing aging population.aND U Will be accessed according to ur educational level, adaptability,age, language skills and work experince, Belive me its faster than Immigration to Canada,
Besides, visas to USA and Canada are a piece of cake here.They dont even bother to check ur bank account and leetr of invitation when u go to apply for US visa.
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by tunde300us(m): 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2010
As good as u make it sound i still think all these EU countries are not as economically viable as u guys paint it,the same greece u mentioned as one of those with green card etc is experiencing its worse economic sitution and had to approach the EU for assistance.
I once came in contact with a Nigerian who was not allowed into poland because they said he has not paid his school fees before coming,and it was the same immigration that said he can pay on arrival in poland.

Anyway sha i wish all of una wey wan go poland all the best.
Bon voyage
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by mikkyangel(m): 6:29pm On Apr 12, 2010
Youngman,
the bone of contention is Poland not Greece, Need i remind u that getting a Greek visa allows u access to all the Shegen countries in Europe.i was in hes shoes 2yrs 4months ago,and yes i went for my present Schools seminar in November 2007 Lagos after seeing the advert on the Sun newspaper.Offcourse i didnot take the school or Poland as a country serious because i didnot know much abt the country even after i had gotten my acceptance letter and failed to pay my tuition fee after the dealine. What did i do,i searched in social newtwork( Face party and Tubely), for Nigerians living Poland, found Steven and Wale who incidental were students of thesame school i was to attend, there and then they told me on a faithfull friday to make my move.which i did the following week.

Today i am happy that that move paid off, i have had 4 kidney stone surgery for free(becos i had health insurance),this same treatment would hv cost me not less than 800k in n9ja.i hv worked in America(last summer),thereby getting a work experience Certificate and a social security number,i have added value to my CV thereby getting an MBA qualification. I have visited Spain, and just last week i was in Germany where i found some pretty good bizness Opportunities(i mean real good opportunities in the name of imptation). Do u know that irrespective of where u live in Europe,if u hv a wife who is Pregnant(white girl or n9ja chick),u can simply take her to Germany provided u both legally liv in any shegen country,and if she delivers there(in Germany) ur child becomes German citizen, not only that ur child gets free Education,Free Accommodation(flat nor be face me i face u ohh) and that same child/children will be paid a certain amount of Money every month for her upkeep ,assigned a personal doctor.My uncle did dis and succeeded by moving his wife from Spain to Germany, we even visited another bros who has 3 black kids and he claimed that he doesnt go to work because because what he gets from German government is enough to take care of his family since one of his biggest problem which should hv been accommodation is free, Yeah Germany needs pple too.

Do you know that one of the easiest countries to get an EU document is Poland.even with a blank passport or if u are illegal u can simple go to vilages to look for whity sharp sharp, So many Nigerians are trooping into Poland from Austra,Italy AND spain in search of wives.Yeah,woman full this ground to the extent that lesbianism is so so common here while guys dey scarce.

Guy information is Power, mk u nor discourage the guy, And for ur friend who said that He was turned back by the immigrations because he had not paid his school fees,hv u heared from the Agent to know whos saying the truth? My school now does thesame, that is "when u get ur visa,pay ur tuition b4 u fly',

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Study In Poland by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2010
@Mikkyangel,
I almost jump off my pantis going tru ur thesis. Tanx for d brilliant post. I dey feel u bro, noting do u jare, we explore opportunities ourselves. Honestly, i enjoyed evry paragraph here.
Cheers!
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by justwise(m): 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2010
@mikkyangel

Some things didn't add up in ur posts. In ur first post u mentioned that u got ur visa 2yrs ago and in ur third post u said that u have just completed ur masters in marketing then in ur last post u said u went to America to work last summer and bla bla bla. . , thereby getting ur MBA. How does that work? MBA in America or in Poland? How long does it take to get an MBA in poland?

In as much as i agree with some of the things u said, i think u exaggerated some as well. Having a schengen visa doesn't mean that u are entitle to alot of things, yes u can travel to all EU countries under schengen aggreement but u can't work or study.

tunde300us is not trying to discourage the poster but to give him a reality check and i hope he reads in between the lines
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by mikkyangel(m): 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2010
kkkkkkkkk
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by mikkyangel(m): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2010
lllllllll.
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by justwise(m): 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2010
mikkyangel:

Vijustice,
u are one of the brosses on this site i respect,i read one of your post on Countries in Europe 3rs ago which was part of what educated me abt EU and inspired my move, well for the records most POLISH MASTERS degree programs are 2 yrs, i stated february 2008 and ended feberuary 2010, in Between i went for work and travel programe in America in 2009, i HOPE u are now clear, And bross i didnot exergerate,its just that things worked wella , everything i hv said is trueand peharps i am lucky.

Can you answer my question now u have answered Vicjustice grin grin
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by nedostic: 8:42pm On Apr 12, 2010
@mikkyangel,
thank you for your incisive contribution to this topic. I do like to know if you have added me on facebook. Lets equally chat more via Yahoo Messenger.

I equally appreciate everyone that has contributed to this topic and welcome more honest contributions to this topic.
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by niassawa(f): 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2010
Hi all, i read through the thread and am Impress the way our brodas comment on this thread. I dont have any answer to give because am also in the same shoes with "nedostic" the poster of this thread. I direct my Question to everyone on this forum. I apply for a Bsc in Germany yet to get respond, but i want to know if student way and life is better in Germany or not? Is it easy to get Student Visa From Nigeria?

Any one with Respond will be Appreciated.

Cheers
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by mikkyangel(m): 11:38pm On Apr 12, 2010
yes i hv added u on my face book profile, hit me up there, anytime,
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by niassawa(f): 11:47pm On Apr 12, 2010
@mikkyangel, I just sent you an inbox on your face book not quite long, kindly pls respond.
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2010
mikkyangel:

Vijustice,
u are one of the brosses on this site i respect,i read one of your post on Countries in Europe 3rs ago which was part of what educated me abt EU and inspired my move, well for the records most POLISH MASTERS degree programs are 2 yrs, i stated february 2008 and ended feberuary 2010, in Between i went for work and travel programe in America in 2009, i HOPE u are now clear, And bross i didnot exergerate,its just that things worked wella , everything i hv said is trueand peharps i am lucky.

Its obvious that u told alot of porkies in ur posts, I think you are a visa sales man, I don't know how u got Msc and MBA in 2yrs. You exaggerated and u know why u did that.
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by tunde300us(m): 1:27am On Apr 13, 2010
Dis mikkyangel guy is a gambler oh,see all the games he is betting on and living on that.Is that what you want a new person to come and start doing in poland ? especially the aspect where u say there is no job and yet you say there are lots of opportunities.
Se na betting be the opportunity you are talking about abi na car wash ?
A word is enuf for the wise who has ears nd brain to think
Peace !
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by justwise(m): 7:40am On Apr 13, 2010
tunde300us:

Dis mikkyangel guy is a gambler oh,see all the games he is betting on and living on that.Is that what you want a new person to come and start doing in poland ? especially the aspect where u say there is no job and yet you say there are lots of opportunities.
Se na betting be the opportunity you are talking about abi na car wash ?
A word is enuf for the wise who has ears nd brain to think
Peace !
Those are opportunities he is talking abt and plenty women to go round, car washing for a foregin student is not bad cos he needs that extra income to keep going. What i hate so much is when pple come here to exaggerate things just to get 'customers' I really hope that the poster is clever enough to separate the real from the dream
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by Davedavy: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2010
This post is quite interesting and i will like to add my 2 cent.The truth of the matter is that jobs are scarce and the pay is not all that good.Teaching English is a way to start especially when you are educated at least to degree level,but at the same time,there are lots of opportunities here if you can do your home work.Living costs is considerably lower than other EU countries.
I have Polish residence permit and presently have a registered business in Poland,it is very easy to register a company especially a sole proprietorship.
Your residence permit allows you to travel to all the shengen states,hence you have access to the large EU market,not in terms of work ,but at least you can go there to buy stuffs and send them to Naija to sell or bring them here to sell
Another thing i have realized is that Poles are very hard working,even when what you are paying them is little.This has resulted in influx of businesses in recent times.
Bottom line,if you are planning to come here to find a job and make good dough,forget about it.But this place is very good for setting up a business and grow.
Bottom line,have a plan,pray about it and follow your dream.What works for Mr A might not necessarily work for Mr. B.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Study In Poland by tunde300us(m): 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2010
Nice advise dave ,atleast u didnt make it look as if everything is like Heaven on earth.Even if it has so much potentials i think one should be very careful the way advises are give here.
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by nedostic: 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2010
, for every one who has contributed, i must not fail to say kudos to you all, what is important in life is focus, i dont see poland as an eldorado but a good means to achieve a purpose and move on, its a known fact that poland is by far better off than Naija, schooling over there is equally cheaper compared to the UK,Canada,Australia and ultimately Yankee, i just want to use it as a leverage to better myself academically,socially,globally and definitely move on to better places, am still exploring on other countries like Luxembourg,Germany,Estonia and Norway for my Masters programme, for now I have gotten my admission to university of warsaw with little or no hassles,
@mikyangel you are yet to add me on facebook as well as yahoo messenger, pls kindly connect me,
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by johnsonpal: 12:02am On Apr 14, 2010
Nice thread!
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by johnsonpal: 12:02am On Apr 14, 2010
Nice thread!
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by JagaJaga1: 10:52am On Apr 14, 2010
@nedostic explain how you got admission with little or no hassles. This will help a lot of future applicants to polish universities
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by AKANDEswag: 11:04am On Apr 14, 2010
I am a chocolate skinned handsome dude based in Abuja.i need a gal dat is based in Abuja town.very beautiful,respects,caring & understandin 4 a serious relationsip.cal me or txt on 08068065099,no flash.
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by justwise(m): 11:17am On Apr 14, 2010
AKANDEswag:

I am a chocolate skinned handsome dude based in Abuja.i need a gal dat is based in Abuja town.very beautiful,respects,caring & understandin 4 a serious relationsip.cal me or txt on 08068065099,no flash.

Mumu go to dating and meeting section or romance

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Study In Poland by urchnez(m): 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2010
Hellow house! I have been following this thread carefully and frankly speaking you guyz are doing good except some few miscreant who come here to make a fool of themselves. Kudos 2 yah all.
@nedostic expecting your post as to how you got admission with little or no effort or are you one and same mikkyangel? JUST CURIOUS!!
Re: Advice On Study In Poland by nedostic: 9:57am On Apr 24, 2010
Niaralanders, lets keep this topic burning, more contributions are needed,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dv Lottery Winners Pls Advice: Is There A Secret For Winning The Visa Lottery / Man Calls Out Ikorodu LG & Lagos State Senator For Leaving The Road Like This. / 4 Feared Killed In Abuja Truck Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.