Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua (4738 Views)

Chief Of Army Staff's Representative Discredits Rivers APC At The Tribunal / Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace / Osundefender Newspaper Discredits Action Gov. Rochas Okorocha. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 11, 2010
Indications have emerged that the Acting
President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, and
members of his kitchen cabinet in the
Presidency have decided to ignore the
revelations by some clerics, who visited the
ailing President Umaru Yar ‘Adua, recently in
Aso Rock.
SUNDAY PUNCH gathered that Jonathan and
some close ministers as well as aides have
decided to spurn the revelations by the
clerics to the effect that Yar ‘Adua was
recovering very fast and that he would soon
resume duties in the Presidency.
It was learnt that Jonathan, who met with
some of the clerics to obtain first hand
information about the present health
condition of the President, later called a
meeting of his kitchen cabinet to review the
report made available to him by the Islamic
and Christian leaders.
It was gathered that Jonathan and his aides
concluded that the cabal loyal to Yar ‘Adua
invited the clerics to sell the dummy of his
improved health condition because they
assumed that Nigerians would believe the
religious leaders and that the action would
help to disorganise Jonathan ‘s
administration.
Sources in the Presidency told SUNDAY PUNCH
that the meeting between Jonathan and his
loyalists came to a conclusion that the report
by the clerics that Yar ‘Adua had recovered
significantly and was set to return to office
was a ruse.
The parley agreed that the clerics‘ visit to
Yar‘Adua was another staged managed plan
by the cabal loyal to the ailing President to
undermine the Jonathan leadership and heat
up the polity.
The meeting, said to be at the instance of
Jonathan, reportedly rose with a resolution
that the forum between the clerics and the
President was a needless distraction and
advised the acting president to move on in
line with the mood of Nigerians.
Findings by SUNDAY PUNCH showed that the
Acting President initiated the meetings with
the clerics and his loyalists in the wake of the
growing tension in the Presidency over the
report that Yar ‘Adua would soon take over
power from him.
It was learnt that the report initially jolted
Jonathan until the members of the kitchen
cabinet encouraged him to forge ahead.
One of the sources in the Presidency said on
Friday, ”The Acting President, Dr. Goodluck
Jonathan, granted audience to some of the
clerics, who visited President Umaru
Yar ‘Adua, in his office in Abuja last week,
apparently in order to ascertain the true state
of health of his erstwhile boss from them
and decide on the way forward. The acting
president was disturbed by the reports
credited to the clerics in the national dailies
that the President was recovering and that
he would soon resume duties.
”It is natural that the acting president would
be disturbed because the Presidency would
be thrown into full- blown crisis if the
President returns to office. With the
development in the Presidency since the
President took ill in November 2009, there is
no way the two of them can work together
harmoniously again if the President should
return to office. The question that agitated
the mind of the acting president is what is
going to be his political future and the fate of
the cabinet he has just constituted in the
event of the President ‘s return to office?
”In the search for answers to these
questions, the acting president summoned
some trusted ministers and close aides to his
Akinola Aguda residence after the meeting
with the Islamic and Christian leaders to
review the latest development in the polity.
The acting president reviewed what the
clerics told him with those who are known
lately in the Presidency as Jonathan boys and
draw conclusions on the way forward in the
Presidency and the country.
”To be specific, Jonathan and his kitchen
cabinet decided that the cabal loyal to the
President invited the clerics to meet with the
President as a ploy to destabilise and
disorganise the Federal Government. That the
cabal just came up with the joker that the
clerics be invited to the Presidential Villa to
help in sending a dummy to Nigerians that
the President was recovering and was almost
fit to return to his duty post.
”The cabal, made up of the First Lady, Turai,
and some sacked ministers were optimistic
that Nigerians would believe the clerics but
they had forgotten that Nigerians are wiser
now. The Jonathan boys told the acting
president that the action was meant to heat
up the polity and they advised him to ignore
the outcome of the meeting between the
religious leaders and the ailing President.
”The acting president heeded the advice of
his boys and he has decided to move
beyond President Umaru Yar ‘Adua and move
the country forward.”
The spokesman to Jonathan, Mr. Ima Niboro,
could not be reached for his reaction to the
report before press time. He neither picked
calls nor replied text message sent to his cell
phone by our correspondent on the subject
matter.
Meanwhile, further crticism has trailed the
visit of some Muslim and Christian leaders to
ailing President Umaru Yar ‘Adua with the
former minister of the Federal Capital
Territory , Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, describing
the move as an irresponsible strategy
employed by the cabal loyal to the ailing
president to destablise the polity.
He said,”Through deliberate disinformation
and whipping up primordial sentiments, this
cabal will seek to persuade Nigerians and the
international community that the succession
process is underscored by an invented
north-south chasm, and conceal their selfish
agenda under the aegis of Muslim vs.
Christian religious divide. This is an age-old
yet often effective strategy of playing off
north-south tensions.
”They know that the president is clearly
permanently incapacitated - having sneaked
into Abuja, without parades and welcoming
party, but accompanied by an unauthorised
deployment of the military, and ferried away
to the presidential villa in an ambulance
under close guard like a criminal into the
night.
”Their sponsors also know that though the
constitutional politics of Abuja may appear
far removed from Jos, by creating rising
tensions and inaccurate perceptions of
religious and ethnic tensions between the
‘ North‘ and ‘South,‘ the resultant effect of
creating a serious threat to the integrity and
governability of the country is achieved. ”
El-Rufai, who is on self -exile after the
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
declared him wanted, in a document
obtained on Saturday, questioned the
possibility of the clerics ‘ visit when no one
had been allowed to see the President.
He said, ”How can an invisible and elusive
Yar‘Adua, not seen by the Acting President,
the Senate President or the Chief Justice of
Nigeria then be revealed to be sighted, not
by a combined team of Christian and Muslim
leaders, but another carefully handpicked
clique ?”
Insisting that the visit was a threat to the
nation ‘s integrity, the former Director General
of The Bureau of Public Enterprises during
the Obasanjo administration, added that the
plan of Yar ‘Adua‘s cabal to misinform and
mislead Nigerians was to complete their
capture of the presidency.
El-Rufai also commended the sacking of the
former cabinet by the Acting President, Dr
Goodluck Jonathan, despite the constant
disinformation carried out by the cabal
seeking to cling to power.
He said, ”Until their firing last week, these
individuals have correctly grasped that the
law and the constitution are not on their side
- that in following due process the president
must be formally and permanently removed
from office through the constitutional
process. Unfortunately, their only recourse is
to interrupt the process through the age-old
yet often effective strategy of rumor
mongering and mischief to deepen and
broaden the invented north-south chasm
and Muslim-Christian division. ”
He similarly called on the international
community to maintain their demands for
the transition of full presidential powers to
Jonathan, through an orderly constitutional
process; and to resist all attempts by the
cabal to plunge Nigeria into tragic and
irreparable ethnic violence and untold
hardship.
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201004110151756
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by marvix(m): 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2010
Wat shld Jonathan b afraid of? He has done nothin wrong so if anybody tels him Yaradua wld b in d ofc 2moro he shld just relax nd say Thank God. Did Jonathan tell anyone dat he is prayin his boss doesn't get well.

This report does not make sense, that's y Niboro didn't ansa the reporters because they are d ones tryin 2 heat up d polity, if Yaradua wakes up by any miracle wat kind of crisis are we goin 2 hav, I can't c any and Jonathan doesn't see any, d only issue Jonathan had with d cabal is dat he can't take instructions frm them on behalf of d president, that is if d president wants anythin d president shld talk 2 him directly. So that has bin taken care of by sackin d ministas dat wanted 2 b stronga dan Jonathan so pls can d nation move forward while we expect and wait for Yaradua 2 get strong enuf to resume which cld be 2moro or May 28 2011.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2010
I support Jonathan for that, why should he believe the clerics when he has'nt even set eyes on Yaradua himself.
It does'nt make sense at all. Its just d cabal trying to distract jonathan from exercising his presidential duties.
NONSENSE angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by joeycrack: 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2010
You people have come with this imaginary cabal again. I don't understand why this is a worthy of news. If Jonathan seeked the Clerics opinions, then it's left to him to decide to take the advice or not. This is a non-story
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2010
These contradictory reports, and claims of OJUJU-CALABAR/Cabal are becoming harder and harder to keep up with.  Why are we still at the mercy of the RUMOUR-Factories, we call media houses in Nigeria, when it comes to getting information about our own government ooo?? What kind of country of this?
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by kosovo(m): 11:41pm On Apr 11, 2010
These spiritual leaders have no shame . . .
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Livvvvy(f): 9:38am On Apr 12, 2010
kosovo:

I agree so much with you. I am so angry with these clerics. What did they go there to do? Or where they invited by Turai to come and pray and cast the demons away from him?

Clerics with no integrity. They should have atleast said they won't see him until Goodluck Jonathan sees him first,

That is why what they preach have little or no effect because they don't practice what they preach.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Ninapha(f): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2010
Quote from: kosovo on Yesterday at 11:41:02 PM

What is shame compared to their interest? private jets, universities, bank account and presidential handshake! I refuse to be fooled.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by agitator: 11:51am On Apr 12, 2010
Ninapha:

Quote from: kosovo on Yesterday at 11:41:02 PM

What is shame compared to their interest?  private jets, universities, bank account and presidential handshake!  I refuse to be fooled.

"shame" searching nigerian dictionary . . . 
30000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000hours remaining
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by jessefly: 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2010
jonathan is proving more n more evryday he is capable, i am loving his charisma wink
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by mbulela: 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

These contradictory reports, and claims of OJUJU-CALABAR/Cabal are becoming harder and harder to keep up with.  Why are we still at the mercy of the RUMOUR-Factories, we call media houses in Nigeria, when it comes to getting information about our own government ooo?? What kind of country of this?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=418970.msg5786183#msg5786183

Rumours, lies and deceit will be the final nail on the coffin of this country.
Those that are advancing their selfish,greedy interests by these means should not cry foul when same topples them rom the sit of power.
When the media are not even spreading outright lies and rumours, they are renting out media space to the highest bidder a la Azu and Steve Ayorinde et al.
It is such a sick situation that most of us are yet to comprehend fully.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by otukpo(f): 12:57pm On Apr 12, 2010
Honestly, am yet to understand the visit of the clerics.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Ooduafello(m): 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2010
Na wa for that country called nigeria ooo!!! Those of us living in white man land no fit hear word again cos eyinbo ppl dey laugh us whenever they c our naija pali. One of my teachers in school is used to reading nigerian news everyday and wheneven she comes to the class,Nigeria's issue will alway take up about 15min of her talk.And most of her predictions about Naija are 80% right. she had said in the past that jonathan will be there after 2 months wey yaradua go sick leave.Ask me what her next prediction is,
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by alldone(m): 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2010
he doesnt need to be afraid of anything. he should just continue what he is doing. if he wanted his boss out i could have done it.
He deseve to invoke sec144 of the constitution.
To lay the matter to rest.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2010
@ooduafella

Hope i'm not being nosy, but does your teacher teaches International relations, to be so concerned about Nigeria? I don't know what his/her business is with Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by DOAweb(m): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2010
micktosin:

@ooduafella

Hope i'm not being nosy, but does your teacher teaches International relations, to be so concerned about Nigeria? I don't know what his/her business is with Nigeria.

True talk - see me see trouble . ''wetin concern agbero with overload''!!
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by akwaowoudo(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2010
It is bound to be discredited; we know Yar'adua's illness is beyond recovery but the clerics have no ingredients in their utterances. They should be core religious saying the exact deadly situation of the man without fear.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2010
It is bound to be discredited; we know Yar'adua's illness is beyond recovery but the clerics have no ingredients in their utterances. They should be core religious saying the exact deadly situation of the man without fear.

I don't know why they (Clerics) allowed themselves to be so used. I can't still understand.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by akwaowoudo(m): 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2010
idnobleg:

I don't know why they (Clerics) allowed themselves to be so used. I can't still understand.
It might be as a result of to have an oppurtunity entering aso rock for the first time in addition to money.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by lastpage: 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2010
Look my feefull,

There is still a lot of money to be shared! Go ask Anaconda and that "Oturugburu of chief from Ibori"! grin
The religious leaders just took their own share of "Tithe and Zakaat", next inline are the Traditional rulers!

Where is that Obaa from Ile-Ife who is reputed to say "the man is doing well"?
IS it not time you and your Association of traditional rulers go and pay homage to Yar-Ardua?
Come back and tell us as usual, "the man just finished a marathon with Turai", right there in our presence grin grin
Useless bunch of deceivers sad
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Alehandre: 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2010
I align mysefl fully with Marvix opinion on the matter very spot.

marvix (m) Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua
« #1 on: Yesterday at 04:09:47 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wat shld Jonathan b afraid of? He has done nothin wrong so if anybody tels him Yaradua wld b in d ofc 2moro he shld just relax nd say Thank God. Did Jonathan tell anyone dat he is prayin his boss doesn't get well.

This report does not make sense, that's y Niboro didn't ansa the reporters because they are d ones tryin 2 heat up d polity, if Yaradua wakes up by any miracle wat kind of crisis are we goin 2 hav, I can't c any and Jonathan doesn't see any, d only issue Jonathan had with d cabal is dat he can't take instructions frm them on behalf of d president, that is if d president wants anythin d president shld talk 2 him directly. So that has bin taken care of by sackin d ministas dat wanted 2 b stronga dan Jonathan so pls can d nation move forward while we expect and wait for Yaradua 2 get strong enuf to resume which cld be 2moro or May 28 2011.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Alehandre: 6:37pm On Apr 12, 2010
I align myself fully with Marvix opinion on the matter very spot on.

The last thing he wants to do is bother his head over such matters, he was the vice president, until the situation of the president's health whichnled to the application of doctrine of necessity by the senate.

If Yar' adua rcovers fully enuf to assume power back, no qualms. It is his constitutional right to do so. The newpapers firms are the ones heating up the polity by bandying such stories around to feather their nest for premuim sales.

But such could adversely affect the polity and they should desist from such.

Alehandre.

marvix (m) Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua
« #1 on: Yesterday at 04:09:47 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This report does not make sense, that's y Niboro didn't ansa the reporters because they are d ones tryin 2 heat up d polity, if Yaradua wakes up by any miracle wat kind of crisis are we goin 2 hav, I can't c any and Jonathan doesn't see any, d only issue Jonathan had with d cabal is dat he can't take instructions frm them on behalf of d president, that is if d president wants anythin d president shld talk 2 him directly. So that has bin taken care of by sackin d ministas dat wanted 2 b stronga dan Jonathan so pls can d nation move forward while we expect and wait for Yaradua 2 get strong enuf to resume which cld be 2moro or May 28 2011
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by ozalogbo: 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2010
This report gives the impression that Jonathan is afraid that Yar'Adua may get well. Why should Jonathan be?
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by PastorOla1: 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2010
My advice for The Acting President is just remain focus
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by DRCROSS: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2010
na wao for this people grin. goodluck rid on nothing dey happen
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by kosovo(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2010
agitator:

"shame" searching nigerian dictionary . . . 
30000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000hours remaining
lol cheesy
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by kliffo(m): 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2010
Some of our journalists are the ones heating up the polity, why create the impression that Jonathan doesnt want Yarduar to get well?
such reports are not helping matters.
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Rmc1(m): 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2010
And the drama continues, nigeria a land of never ending drama
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by Rastamann: 11:55pm On Apr 12, 2010
There is no problem in this. Whenever he is ready (before his tenure expires) let him come and take over. Sekina!
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by ssumpta(f): 1:15am On Apr 13, 2010
At least one of the christian clerics was courageous enuf to reveal d truth.
Shame on others like Oyedepo who said he owes nobody a report of what he saw.

Besides why din't the man of faith stretch out his hands and heal yar adua? Man of God. angry
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by matrixme(m): 3:27am On Apr 13, 2010
The acting president's 'imagined fear' is coming to life. I mean, as a minister of God, when the president sends for you, what do you do? Fold your arms and sit cross-leggedly beside your devotional? Don't leadership have spiritual implications? The most sensible thing the ministers could have done is to be silent, (afterall it is the last refuge of a fool and the first of the wise), I mean, what are journalists in this country paid for?
Re: Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua by infortune(m): 5:25am On Apr 13, 2010
Ooduafello:

Na wa for that country called nigeria ooo!!! Those of us living in white man land no fit hear word again cos eyinbo ppl dey laugh us whenever they c our naija pali. One of my teachers in school is used to reading nigerian news everyday and wheneven she comes to the class,Nigeria's issue will alway take up about 15min of her talk.And most of her predictions about Naija are 80% right. she had said in the past that jonathan will be there after 2 months wey yaradua go sick leave.Ask me what her next prediction is,

So, Ooduafello, you have been silent for too long. Pls what was her next prediction?

Dear fellows, i still dont get it. This man Jonathan shld forever lay to rest the possibility of Yardy coming back to power so that he can focus on delivering on the projects of his administration, attending to the needs of the nation, et al esp that of power. If regular power supply is all that he achieves, even in his administration, he would've scored BIIIIGGGGG and that alone will bring him massive electoral votes for the coming election even if his party doesnt want to make provision for his coming back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> / EXPOSED: What Jonathan Planned For JUNE If He Had Won! / Fact Or Fiction? Bode Thomas Died Barking After A Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.