Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,327 members, 7,839,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Nigeria, Where Do Your Economists Study Their Econs? By; Oshaloto Joseph Tade. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Where Do Your Economists Study Their Econs? By; Oshaloto Joseph Tade. (280 Views)

Abiriba Village - The Beverily Hills Of Nigeria Where Wealthy Igbo Men Retire / The Economists: Biafran Separatists Are Gaining Support / Post Recession Nigeria; What Should I Expect? By Oshaloto Tade Joseph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Where Do Your Economists Study Their Econs? By; Oshaloto Joseph Tade. by coolphemie07(m): 4:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
There is an ambush which a dysfunctional Nigerian structure – by implication, the government – has sets on the path of the citizens’ conscience and dignity.
The right to the DIGNITY of HUMAN PERSON is key if the need to extract and profit from the priceless resources inside of our population matters. And it does. Simple economics presupposes the need for a give and take especially when there is a legal obligation to do so. I stand on this premise, therefore, to argue that the Nigerian government must fulfill its obligations to the entire workforce – the employed and the unemployed must not suffer the same socioeconomic indignity. Workers condition of service must reflect a realistic commitment to current realities and their positive potentials.
If a citizen would at least work, access to quality and dignified meal for them and their dependants must not be a luxury that only a corrupt privilege can procure.
Nigeria, you have stripped your citizens bare of their conscience and dignity the moment their employment statuses no longer guarantee them stable personal economics. They can’t even judge your profligacies because you have structured their personal economics with a nexus of impossible corruption.
Where exactly do your economics read their economics?
Where do your policymakers train?
Nothing frustrates my desire to love trust and believe in Nigeria than the facts that everything about her insanity is being denied, and conspiratorial silence on things that really matter.
It is sickening that you have morphed us into a community of self deceivers which pretends about and deny our impossible realities.
And you led us into this o Nigeria.
Look, the only collateral for this warped system – which sadly is our second most deadly experiment, our current structure being the first – that is available to our critical majority, by this I mean the masses and not the one percenters, is the endemic corruption.
The corporate denial of Nigeria’s impossible path to legitimate survival betrays our ‘efforts’ to take on our monsters. And it freaks me out. Because it is hypocrisy undiluted.
Nigerians in the majority earn wages that can never realistically cater to their basic needs. The wage calibration is so false that ‘alternative’ means of survival becomes a given.
How many desperate goats can you catch? Not many, right? Then it is time to de-goat the workforce through realistic reward system.
I sometimes get the urge to lash at some private hirers for their criminally unrealistic remunerations. But I tell myself to quit smoking hypocrisy. If I have not said much in protesting the government which rode on my approval and goodwill to power, what moral rights have I to reprimand an obviously profitist private establishment?
As long as hardworking citizens’ wages will not cope with BASIC needs such as healthcare, balanced and regular meal with a decent accommodation, we lie about our progress, about our knowledge. We lie about our dreams and everything. And truth is not in us.

(1) (Reply)

Means To Political Post In Nigeria. / Ekiti Must Look Beyond Federal Allocation ― Ambassador Ayodeji Ayodele / Reno Omokiri Blast Fg Over Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.