Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

A Shameful Sense Of Entitlement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Shameful Sense Of Entitlement (385 Views)

Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC / Presentation Of Leadership Award To Buhari Is A Shameful Endorsement – PDP / Deji Adeyanju's Re-arrest Shameful- Timi Frank ...says Osinbajo, Buratai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Shameful Sense Of Entitlement by Cannonleo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
Tonight I watched and still watching with keen interest an interview with Ahmed Gulak former special adviser to Goodluck Jonathan on the issue of the Fulani Herdsmen and practical solutions on channels television .

I must confess I am disappointed with eminent personalities from the Fulani dynasty,
the feeling that other Nigerians are lesser mortals who's welfare need no appreciation other than the blood thirsty wielding bandmen is totally tiring.

No practical solutions only harping on the fact that they have a right to any land of their choice and taste.

Please eminent Nairalanders,
oga gulak said it is enshrined in the constitution/law that fulani cattleherders have specified grazing routes that was encroached into by farmers?.

Please point me to that section or law please I want to read it.

That farmers meet them to complain with violence? All these news about simple complaints against them ending in machete cuts and decapitation of poor farmers is violent reaction

Someone please school me on this unabashed sense of entitlement.

I am furious with the way people misyarn with courage these day.

On a more practical note , the fact that there is virtually no physical barrier separating our borders with Niger, chad and to a large extent Cameroon ensures that the Rampaging Fulanis have no checks or identification before azontoing into Nigeria makes it even harder to deal with them.
No matter how much we spend on ISR, HUMINT, Border policing etc as far as there is no physical structure that can stop movement and funnel these people via a check point , our problems with libyan killers will continue

We need a wall

We need to proscribed Cattle rearers association

We need to enforce anti grazing as a full bill,

They need to be identified as everyone else with proper documentation as far as they step foot into this nation

Else, we would simply produce tears for the next cutting operations.

Cc Lalastilala help me move this to Front Page, I need to find that constitutional backing on their routes

Pardon my typos

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gov Ugwuanyi Visits Amuri, Directs Contractor Back To Work Site / Nigeria Ranks Second Worst Electricity Supply Nation In 2017 / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Brookings Institution Africa Growth Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.