Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls (17401 Views)

Advise Pls.my Wife Dresses Almost Naked To Visits A New Couple Today, / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth / Brothers Recreate Photos From Childhood For Mum's 55th B'day (pictures Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by jesuseun1(m): 8:19pm On Apr 11, 2010
my mum will be celebrating her 50th birthday in may,what birthday gift can myself and my wife give her or how best can one honour her.

ur contribution will be appreciated.thank u
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by iroko01: 12:25am On Apr 12, 2010
my mum always prefer large sum of money.

so if she is like my mum (which u shud know by now), juat give her cash.

the honest truth is that only u kno her best and u also know your pocket. get her something personal. somethin u know she really needs in the house and add some money to it with a personalised card telling her how much u love her,

just my two cent smiley

3 Likes

Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by IbrahimB: 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2010
Fifty candles and a piece of cake!  grin
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2010
I'd say a card, take her out to dinner, write her a poem/ or let her know how much you appreciate her seal it with a kiss and a hug smiley. if you are not in the same area, still send her a card, perhaps a bouquet of roses and a phone call.
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by spikedcylinder: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2010
Is she having a big party? What's your budget?

1 Like

Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by opata(m): 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2010
mZDARKSKIN , that may not fly o , see the poster's location. Lagos, Nigeria. Doubt if his mum will appreciate flowers, dinner etc!
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by labiyemmy(m): 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2010
Perfumes for Mum - a complete gift set. call 07036949019
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by abhosts(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2010
Reasonable Sum of Money Concealed in an Envelop or Complete Yards of a quality lace material. That is the Nigerian way.

2 Likes

Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by tkb417(m): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2010
if it was ma mum

100k cash, perfume and a new fone

all these will make my mama pray for 365 days for me non stop. my mum likes her gifts in cash ( she too like money)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by rickie4us(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2010
so your mum is same age with Nigeria? , congrats

well, you should know best. what your mum likes. it depends on your pocket though

my siblings and I decided to buy a car for my mum this year for her 60th birthday ,

look at what she needs and surprise her
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2010
well i will advice you to discuss it out with your mum and try to known what she really feel like having.ask without her guessing that you want to buy that for her.
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2010
@Opata undecided my bad lol just a suggestion. She will still accept his affection regardless of the form or where she is located that I am sure.
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by SamMilla1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2010
A private jet would be nice
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by mamagee3(f): 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2010
I think he should buy his mum an expensive designer Clothing. . .
And a pair of Shoes, believe me she would like it.
grin
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by toluxa1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2010
My mum is 52 and I'm 21 (i have an elder bro though). You're mum is GOING TO BE 50 and you're married. Hmm!

Well it depends on what kind of person your mum is. If she doesn't use perfume for example, then that won't make sense. Get her something you know she likes. It might not be material. Mums are different from wives. It might be setting up a birthday gettogether or something.
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by 9ce(m): 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2010
i will advise you take her out, for dinner have fun with the rest of the family members, and do not forget to buy her stuff she will always cherish,
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by fifi09(f): 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2010
50th birthday gifts need to be extremely unique and special, so get her any gift of your choice.

Contact your family (siblings, in laws and grandchildren), then make a booklet about the most memorable things she has done for you guyz and why you guyz think she is so special.
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by obyann(f): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2010
Buy her a brand new Prado Jeep grin grin grin
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by moremi2008(m): 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2010
ok
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by yme1(f): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2010
do something special that comes from your heart wink
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by snthesis(m): 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2010
Fiftuplets
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by SUKKIE(m): 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2010
It's subject to ur budget and how much she means to u.Since it's her 50th a lil get-together with family and few friends should do.
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by canuck(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2010
obyann:

Buy her a brand new Prado Jeep grin grin grin

Not a laughing matter - That's exactly what my Mum requested for and we (the kids) had to shake bodi.

I still remember the shock-disbelief-adoration (in that order) expressed by the Oyinbo bank cashier when I told her what the withdrawal was for, in response to her question.  cheesy

@ OP - If you have the liver, take a deeeeeep breath and ask her!
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by kayc33(m): 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2010
If you got the money, get her a Car, that would be nice wink
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by MsTom(f): 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
Dont know your mum or her interests. But I think mothers especially want to have their kids around them on occasions like this. Having a small get together with her kids/spouses on her birthday wont be a bad idea. Also, money would be a good idea for a gift. Let her buy what she wants.
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by aktunde(m): 1:01am On Apr 16, 2010
I can see some people talking about perfume, flowers, cards, candle light and so on here. This guy says his mum is celebrating her birthday and not his gf. This guy doesn't describe his mother here. Assuming the mother is an illiterate, selling akara in the village. Will she appreciate all these? It would also surprise you to know that a woman selling akara in the village., would not appreciate a car. She might only pray for his children to have the money to use it themselves. I know lots of happening girls who don't even appreciate cards and flowers, and not to talk of an illiterate old woman. Please don't get me wrong here. I do not know his mother, so I can't say if she is old or literate. I only use that to illustrate why it is wrong to make suggestions even when you do not know the woman or or the budget of the guy involved.

If you need suggestions, state your budget, describe your mom and especially what she likes now, but cant afford. If the cost of her pressing need falls within your budget, then go for it. You might find it interesting to know that her pressing need could be just for her to see all her children and grand children at a time. So, her pressing need might not necessarily be about cash or expensive gifts.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by moonraker(m): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2010
@ Ms Tom

in full support with what yu have stated. we can never

really knw what she wants so why not just give her the

cash so that she can get it ,
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by abussyaya(f): 8:24am On Apr 16, 2010
It all depends on your mum's idiosyncrasies(the kinds of gifts she likes) and your pocket, My mum's 40th birthday was a ballof course she paid the bills ,her 50th was practically non- existent we were not too young but everyone was still in the university and she just did not want to have a party , for her 60th she got a car and a party from my self and my siblings everyone made a contribution.

All in all with mothers generally you would never go wrong with cash gifts,
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by Lolladey(f): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2010
@ poster
u ve not described ur mother and the kind of things she likes,whether she is a fun loving person or not. but all in all i think having a party for her with ur siblings and close relatives will do the magic. then i am very sure that she would not mind a special gift(it does not ve to be expensive), and u are in the best position to know her likes and dislikes
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by awolols(m): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2010
i`ve read through all the posts, my mum would be 50 2nd oct, i aint married like you are and i`ve been doing the solo thinking of what to get for her. what is mainly on my mind is to change her car, you know the things humans cherish the most is what they see all the time not like them perishable stuffs like perf, cake, candles name it,

1 Like

Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by jumie(f): 10:19am On Apr 16, 2010
Look at what she needs or would like then you can get that for her.
Re: Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls by Sidauna: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2010
@poster

Just make her a huge cake with fifty lit candles on top and a fire extinguisher! Simple isn't it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

23-year-old Mechanic Disappears, Family Seeks Help / What Is The Funniest Thing You Did When You Were Still A Child?? / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.