Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth (56078 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
I just thought of blessing someone this Christmas season and I thought what better people than the youths of our nation suffering under corrupt leadership with empty unfulfilled promises.
It's not much
Just $100 only
I tried doing this many years ago but it didn't get much support

CFCfan,berem and Cococandy can you help me be the judges

[size=18pt]Selection criteria[/size]

1) You must reside in Nigeria

2).Your handle must have been registered on nairaland for at least one full calendar year with up to 200 posts or more to qualify
If you have a job please don't bring bad fortune on yourself by claiming to be unemployed.

3) Write a short story here ( not more than 250 words) titled " An event in my childhood that impacted me greatly"
Please make sure to edit your spellings and get your tenses right,no bad English please,it will affect the decision.

4) You must also tell us at the beginning of your story what university,polytechnic or college of education you graduated from and what course you studied,with a picture of your certificate as an attachment to your short story.( please cover your name)

[size=18pt]
Applications without meeting all the criteria will be thrown out.[/size]

The winner will be announced on December 14th and the award given on December 16th

Let the stories begin

Modified,the money is now up to $450 with other donors,the judges berem CFCfan and Missmeiya will open the competition on another thread tomorrow
Watch out

22 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sister berem you will help me judge too abeg
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
Alright! cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by RoyalRoy(m): 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
cool cool

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by cococandy(f): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
Babyosisi Nice move nwanyi oma.

However I'm not sure I will be able to judge so that I don't promise and end up disappointing.

God will keep blessing you and all those who help others. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by cococandy(f): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
Can I make a suggestion ma'am?
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
cococandy:
Can I make a suggestion ma'am?

Please do dear
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by cococandy(f): 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Please do dear
i think 2 yrs is a bit too long.

Maybe one year?

Many nairalanders keep changing accounts so it is possible you have good contenders but the time limit won't let them participate.

7 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Gboliwe: 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
Then you should have taken this to the Jobs and Vacancy section. "Hiding" it here won't help a lot of us.

I would have loved to tag a lot of unemployed graduates but someone may take offence. So, its better you bring it down to our block let's do this!

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
cococandy:
i think 2 yrs is a bit too long.

Maybe one year?

Many nairalanders keep changing accounts so it is possible you have good contenders but the time limit won't let them participate.

Ok,I will change it to one full calendar year then but the person must be an active member with at least 200 posts
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by cococandy(f): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Ok,I will change it to one full calendar year then
smiley keep up the good work .

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gboliwe:
Then you should have taken this to the Jobs and Vacancy section. "Hiding" it here won't help a lot of us.

I would have loved to tag a lot of unemployed graduates but someone may take offence. So, its better you bring it down to our block let's do this!

Ebe Onye bi ka o na awachi as Igbos say
I reside in the family section so I posted here
Go ahead and tag them,that shouldn't offend anyone after all if they are interested we will still know who they are when they apply

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
Babyosisi nne,should we tell the mods to move it to front page? What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
berem:

You have 17,000 posts as berem,how can't a poster have 200 in one year?
They can start now to beef up their post count grin
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
Babyosisi nne,should we tell the mods to move it to front page? What do you think?

Go ahead please since you have connections as per Onye APC grin

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

You have 17,000 posts as berem,how can't a poster have 200 in one year?
They can start now to beef up their post count grin
so I have 17,000 posts already? Chineke meeee!!! grin grin
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by sommyblaze(m): 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by superneutral(m): 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
grin grin grin?
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Gboliwe: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
No Ma, I won't tag anybody. I don't want anybody's wahala.
Secondly, if I were unemployed and wanted to get into this, I would be so reluctant to upload my certificate online and on nairaland. I would personally not do it. This is Nigeria.

If someone is unemployed and visits nairaland in the last one year and has a minimum of 200posts, anybody should be able to figure out if he's a graduate or not.

Just giving my opinion

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Go ahead please since you have connections as per Onye APC grin
lol at connections!
Ishilove,I see you viewing.... tongue

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by RoyalRoy(m): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gboliwe:

Moving it to FP has taken care of that.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by slightlyMad(f): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
shocked
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gboliwe:
No Ma, I won't tag anybody. I don't want anybody's wahala.
Secondly, if I were unemployed and wanted to get into this, I would be so reluctant to upload my certificate online and on nairaland. I would personally not do it. This is Nigeria.

If someone unemployed and visits nairaland in the last one year and has a minimum of 200posts, anybody should be able to figure out if he's a graduate or not.

Just giving my opinion

It looks like we are now on FP,they will see it
I said clearly they should use something and cover their names,did you miss that?
This is totally voluntary,you know

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Ishilove: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
lol at connections!
Ishilove,I see you viewing.... tongue
I sight you too tongue
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by monemsis(m): 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
Mtcheeew

5 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by purplesummer(f): 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
So much for $100

20 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Please no more derailing. Let's be civil in posting comments. The competition has started.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

If You Don't Have This Type Of Aunty In Your Family, Then You're Missing Alot / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" / 20-year-old Nigerian & His 65-year-old American Wife (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.