Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Atheism Is A Religion - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is A Religion (24386 Views)

The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. / Atheism Is Madness / Atheism Is Extreme Evil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by vaxx: 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=table&hl=en-GB&dcr=0&prmd=ivnsp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia8OelkefYAhXBKMAKHTRDDxwQ_AUIBigB
am sue your atheist brethren can testify that this techniques of answering question is poor? what is a table? that is my question ......this is not the way someone who consider believer stupid should defend his rational stand....this is indeed poor.... but i will play along

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

I have answered you. You can go into a forest and see a tree has fallen if you cared to. I have shown you proof for the table. No evidence was presented for pig feed fraud, so we best not believe it to be true. Regardless of what you or I subjectively think, they are as they are somewhere.

Your god argument is the inverse. You subjectively create one and claim it objectively exists. Imagine if we took that attitude to pig feed fraud?

BudaAtum, I see you are in the habit of continually accusing the esteemed Butterflyl1on of criminal offences without a shred of evidence.
This is the response of a lowly coward. I have investigated this with your best friend Otem, he claims his god revealed this rubbish to him. When he was asked by Butterflyl1on to present a copy of the email conversation between him and Butterflyl1on he made poor excuses.

You claim to be one that is a stickler for proven fact, but you are showing another side of yourself. It is not good.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by dalaman: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScepticalPyrrho:
I want to offer a quick solution to this prolonged arguments...

The next person to comment should prove that God exists with verifiable evidence(s).

Pls, note that your response will be good for the whole of humanity, not just nairalanders

It is as simple as that.

They have no evidence to provide only empty and delusional words. If God exists there won't be arguments for its existence. There will be evidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScepticalPyrrho:

The next person to comment should prove that God exists with verifiable evidence(s).

Pls, note that your response will be good for the whole of humanity, not just nairalanders

It is as simple as that.

You are obviously not paying attention to the comments from atheists here and their position of argument.

Point of note.

They said and boldly affirmed that one does not need to perceive something before it actually exists. Yet they seek for evidence for God when they already declared the afore statement? cheesy

Read through the discussion and stop asking questions not related to this issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by vaxx: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

The attached images are my perception of what my table is.
whaooo....this is wonderful......i

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
vaxx:
am sue your atheist brethren can testify that this techniques of answering question is poor? what is a table? that is my question ......this is not the way someone who consider believer stupid to defend his rational stand....this is indeed poor.... but i will play along
LOL ! Vaxx you certainly know how to humour these dudes. Just watch now, how Atheists will come defend the serious blunders of BudaAtum.

In his defense they will say that you should rather have asked BudaAtum "Where is the table?" This way it is more personal. They will say it is unfair of you to ask him an abstract question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by hopefulLandlord: 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2018
dalaman:

They have no evidence to provide only empty and delusional words. If God exists there won't be arguments for its existence. There will be evidence.

You mean there's no evidence?

"The universe began to exist" (Vilenken weeps) therefore god exists

"Objective morality" therefore god does care how we live our lives, therefore god exists and we should all blow ourselves up as allah commands and take slaves that'll obey us in fear and trembling

"The human body is designed by a designer that needs no designer" therefore god exists

"Can you explain............?" if you can't, god exists

"If you can imagine god, it exists" aka Ontological proof, you're imagining unicorn? No, it doesn't apply to unicorns

"I was in an accident, 1 billion people died but I survived" therefore god exists, ignore the fact that 1 billion just died, those don't really matter

"There's this book I have, written by ignorant goatherders who thought the sun moves round the earth under the influence of some powerful holy spirit, this book said god exists" therefore god exists

"That book also said god has revealed himself to everybody" therefore god exists

aren't these proof enough stop fighting god

5 Likes

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by dalaman: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

"Objective morality" therefore god does care how we live our lives, therefore god exists

"The human body is designed by a designer that needs no designer" therefore god exists

"If you can imagine god, it exists" aka Ontological proof

"I was in an accident, 1 billion people died but I survived" therefore god exists

"There's this book I have, written by ignorant goatherders who thought the sun moves round the earth under the influence of some powerful holy spirit, this book said god exists" therefore god exists

"That book also said god has revealed himself to everybody" therefore god exists

Checkmate athiest. grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScepticalPyrrho:

It is as simple as that.

Very interesting. Yes thank you we need a quick solution. But your suggestion will derail the OP and much more interesting developments already in progress.

1) Atheism is a religion
2) The fallen tree
3) god does not exist. (only NO-god exits)

What will certainly be welcomed here is for you and your brothers to come and prove that NO-god really exist.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

"Objective morality" therefore god does care how we live our lives, therefore god exists and we should all blow ourselves up as allah commands

"If you can imagine god, it exists" aka Ontological proof, you're imagining unicorn? No, it doesn't apply to unicorns

"I was in an accident, 1 billion people died but I survived" therefore god exists, ignore the fact that 1 billion just died, those don't really matter

Atheist evangelism has begun, now that the truth is out that Atheism is a religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

"Objective morality" therefore god does care how we live our lives, therefore god exists

"If you can imagine god, it exists" aka Ontological proof

Now you are attempting to throw red herrings around so as to sway our focus grin

All you just typed above does not alter your strong position and comments earlier that one does not need sensory perception before we know something exists and your comments here further buttress your point which unfortunately for you AN ATHEIST was a validation for God and a ridiculing of yourself and your constant demands for objective evidence for him while declaring that one does not need such objective evidence before something would exist. After all malaria parasite was existing before man knew about it (according to you) cheesy

So can God not also exist without man not also first knowing about his existence? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
dalaman:

Why are you avoiding the obvious? The OP is about ATHEISM IS A RELIGION. Please tell us more about your NO-god. Is he a loving god?

Prove to us that NO-god exists?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Fvcknames: 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScienceWatch:
JacksonD7, I take my hat off to you in public Sir. I have shown your study on Atheism to many of my Atheist friends and they say you have found the Holy Grail of Atheism. They are impressed and afraid at the same time.
I sincerely doubt if you have atheist friends

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by dalaman: 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
So what if atheism is a religion? It is the religion of reality. Just check it out, isn't it a remarkable coincidence as human knowledge and understanding of reality increased, miracles and supernatural events declined at an exponential rate? Why did God show his "miracles" only to people living in societies beset by myth and superstition and lack of knowledge of
Many things thousands of years ago? Why did he take early retirement and stop sendubg messengers or sending himself? Why does no one take a man seriously in advanced societies (except backwatd shit holes)if he claims to speak on behalf of any God today? Why does no on take a man seriously who claims to fly on a winged beast to meet God today or claim he is God or his son? What does this tell us? If athiesm is a religion, then it is the religion of reality not like the ridiculous childish mythological construct of the ancients that we have around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
dalaman:

Yes there is no evidence FOR YOU. After all your atheist colleagues here namely hopefullandlord and budaatum have openly declared that sensory perception aka sensory EVIDENCE is not needed to prove the existence of something WHICH ALREADY EXISTED AND WE WERE IGNORANT OF SUCH AN EXISTENCE.

I can then boldly declare that God exists and it's only atheists who are ignorant of his existence but even at that, budaatum declared for you dalaman that the objective stands in its own right and has nothing to do with the eye of the beholder.

You are the beholder so for you THE OBJECTIVE STANDS ON ITS OWN RIGHT AND HAS NOTHINF TO DO WITH YOUR PERCEPTION OR LACK OF.

Na you and budaatum your fellow atheist get quarrel and not you and any theist here. grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by dalaman: 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Now you are attempting to throw red herrings around so as to sway our focus grin

All you just typed above does not alter your strong position and comments earlier that one does not need sensory perception before we know something exists and your comments here further buttress your point which unfortunately for you AN ATHEIST was a validation for God and a ridiculing of yourself and your constant demands for objective evidence for him while declaring that one does not need such objective evidence before something would exist. After all malaria parasite was existing before man knew about it (according to you) cheesy

So can God not also exist without man not also first knowing about his existence? grin

Ogbeni, does your God exist and does it want people to know it exist? How did you get to know that your God exist? How can anybody know that your God exist?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by vaxx: 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScepticalPyrrho:

It is as simple as that.
objectively verify evidence.......my existence is an evidence of the existence of GOD......

but if you say am wrong, you have to provide me God definition ...... what is GOD?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by hopefulLandlord: 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2018
dalaman:

Ogbeni, does your God exist and does it want people to know it exist? How did you get to know that your God exist? How can anybody know that your God exist?

You can know their god exists by pretending to know their god exists, aka faith; that's how its done you foolish atheist, hell awaits you

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2018
dalaman:

Let budaatum an atheist like you answer you. cheesy

the objective stands in its own right and has nothing to do with the eye of the beholder.

He just answered you with the quote. grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Butterflyl1on you must join the SS soon as an interrogator. Damn, you are good Sir. He has indeed committed the most popular Atheist fallacy which is that you dont need sensory perception to confirm something exists. The way Hopefullandlord failed this simple test will have Richard Dawkins whispering in Harris' ear, "THE END IS HERE."
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Let budaatum an atheist like you answer you. cheesy

He just answered you with the quote. grin
YES INDEED !!! An absolutely brilliant answer that you gave him. You saw right through his boring diversion tactics. It is time they answer the questions. Please, you go ahead and ask the first question.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 8:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Butterflyl1on you must join the SS soon as an interrogator. Damn, you are good Sir. He has indeed committed the most popular Atheist fallacy which is that you dont need sensory perception to confirm something exists. The way Hopefullandlord failed this simple test will have Richard Dawkins whispering in Harris' ear, "THE END IS HERE."

I have the memory of an elephant. I never forget grin

So it's very easy to piece together all their self refuting desperate comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by dalaman: 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Yes there is no evidence FOR YOU. After all your atheist colleagues here namely hopefullandlord and budaatum have openly declared that sensory perception aka sensory EVIDENCE is not needed to prove the existence of something WHICH ALREADY EXISTED AND WE WERE IGNORANT OF SUCH AN EXISTENCE.

Don't carry your mental illness and come close to me with your ridiculous drivel because I'll always use you to mop the floor. What ever the two of them say remains their own opinion. Am not a religionists robot like you that have to dwell and accept the ridiculous mythology, fiction and folklore of ancient people and defend it always because you were indoctrinated with it. To me evidence MUST be provided to establish the existence of anything. That is my position so deal with it and stop being happy to display that you suffering from a mental illness.

I can then boldly declare that God exists and it's only atheists who are ignorant of his existence but even at that, budaatum declared for you dalaman that the objective stands in its own right and has nothing to do with the eye of the beholder.

Budaatum did NOT declare anything for me. When did he tell you that? I know the need for you to always tell lies to make you feel good. I am not like you that the ancient people think reason and do everything for. The ancients think for you and you follow their ideas, thoughts and imaginations like a senseless robot. Very soon you'll start quoting from their book (bible) while claiming it is the word of some divine being. Unlike you nobody can reason for me when it cos to the issue of God or religion but in your case all you have are the thoughts and ideas of others.

You are the beholder so for you THE OBJECTIVE STANDS ON ITS OWN RIGHT AND HAS NOTHINF TO DO WITH YOUR PERCEPTION OR LACK OF.

Na you and budaatum your fellow atheist get quarrel and not you and any theist here. grin

Again their opinions remain theirs. I don't have to support and cling unto it the way you do that of the ancients that created your religion. What ever fictional and mythological narrative they throw, you'll be there clinging onto it like a foolish akuya.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
dalaman:
So what of atheism is a religion? It is the religion of reality. Just check it out, isn't it a remarkable coincidence as human knowledge and understanding of reality increased, miracles and supernatural events declined at an exponential rate? Why did God show his "miracles" only to people living in societies beset by myth and superstition and lack of knowledge of
Many things thousands of years ago? Why did he take early retirement and stop sendubg messengers or sending himself? Why does no one take a man seriously in advanced societies (except backwatd shit holes)if he claims to speak on behalf of any God today? Why does no on take a man seriously who claims to fly on a winged beast to meet God today or claim he is God or his son? What does this tell us? If athiesm is a religion, then it is the religion of reality not like the ridiculous childish mythological construct of the ancients that we have around.

Please, what you are saying is worn out and boring. Rather tell us more about your beliefs in NO-god. What does he offer a suffering humanity? Lets get real ! The mental gymnastics game is up. Keep it real, tell us about NO-god. Prove to us that he exists so I can join you if he provides superior benefits.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by dalaman: 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You can know their god exists by pretending to know their god exists, aka faith; that's how its done you foolish atheist, hell awaits you

I can know their God exist by pretending to accept ancient mythical and fictional stories written by ancient Hebrews. Check mate atheist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by hopefulLandlord: 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
dalaman:

Don't carry your mental illness and come close to me with your ridiculous drivel because I'll always use you to mop the floor. What ever the two of them say remains their own opinion. Am not a religionists robot like you that have to dwell and accept the ridiculous mythology, fiction and folklore of ancient people and defend it always because you were indoctrinated with it. To me evidence MUST be provided to establish the existence of anything. That is my position so deal with it and stop being happy to display that you suffering from a mental illness.

Budaatum did NOT declare anything for me. When did he tell you that? I know the need for you to always tell lies to make you feel good. I am not like you that the ancient people think reason and do everything for. The ancients think for you and you follow their ideas, thoughts and imaginations like a senseless robot. Very soon you'll start quoting from their book (bible) while claiming it is the word of some divine being. Unlike you nobody can reason for me when it cos to the issue of God or religion but in your case all you have are the thoughts and ideas of others.

Again their opinions remain theirs. I don't have to support and cling unto it the way you do that of the ancients that created your religion. What ever fictional and mythological narrative they throw, you'll be there clinging onto it like a foolish akuya.

You've got to pity these people, according to them, they've checkmated the atheist position, something can be true regardless of lack of evidence = something is true regardless of lack of evidence

a tree can fall in the forest without any human knowing means god exists

You have to wonder if they're 2 year olds and not the traditionalist, self acclaimed pig farmer and a crate of vodka drinking Dawkins obsessed nonsense talker

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
dalaman:

After reading through you best thoughts here, it becomes very clear that the ancient people were much wiser than you, except the Barbarians. Your modern prophet of Atheism, the Satanist Richard Dawkins has proven that many Atheists so-called scientific beliefs are pure superstitions and weak assumption woven into unproven theories.

Two Satanists, Richard Dawkins and Harris is thinking for you. Nothing you say here has not been said by others a million times, which means simply that you can think for yourself. You are not the independent thinker you would like us to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Fvcknames: 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

How can God not exist when you already said something can exist without us experiencing it? grin

So I ask again is this not your statement?
Based on your declaration can God exist without you experiencing him?

I might not be getting the discussion fully, but I'd like to drop my 2 cents
I feel something can exist without you observing it, but that does not mean it definitely exist.
So there 'could' be a god without us experiencing it, but that doesn't mean there is.
But the chances of that god(if it exists) being the Christian God is slim.
So what I get here is that saying god doesn't exist does not stop him from existing(if he does), and saying that god exists does not make him exist if he doesn't.

All in all, I feel this arguments are of little use for the parties involved cause no matter the points given whether in favour of theists or atheists, there is always going to be a way around it.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
vaxx:
objectively verify evidence.......my existence is an evidence of the existence of GOD......

but if you say am wrong, you have to provide me God definition ...... what is GOD?

You evidence is indeed objective and verifiable. Case closed ! Next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Very interesting. Yes thank you we need a quick solution. But your suggestion will derail the OP and much more interesting developments already in progress.

1) Atheism is a religion
2) The fallen tree
3) god does not exist. (only NO-god exits)

What will certainly be welcomed here is for you and your brothers to come and prove that God does not exist.
On your failure to provide verifiable proofs that God(s) exists, I'll rather maintain that God, just like Santa Claus, doesnt exist no matter how much some people want them to.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by dalaman: 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
undecided
hopefulLandlord:

You've got to pity these people, according to them, they've checkmated the atheist position, something can be true regardless of lack of evidence = something is true regardless of lack of evidence

You have to wonder if they're 2 year olds and not the traditionalist, self acclaimed pig farmer and a crate of vodka drinking Dawkins obsessed nonsense talker

Butterflyl1on's recent evidence for his God is the story about some lady that got married to a guy that shares the same birthday with her after meeting him in a month and someone telling her that she'll marry someone that she shares something in common with.

This is the type of person we are dealing with. A guy whose God is now an event planner and match maker. cheesy
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Aww you must be hurting pretty bad to be dropping expletives all of a sudden. When caught and exposed you now switch to ad hominems grin

Still changes nothing. Your no God position is dead and buried using the self refuting arguments you volunteered here. cheesy

Na me do you? Look in a mirror and drop expletives at yourself that is if you are not punching a mirror right now from the pain of being caught out grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy / N8m Cash Gift To Clem Ohameze, Reason Mathias Ezeaku Went After Fufeyin / CAN To Meet PFN Leadership Over Pastor Fatoyinbo’s Rape Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.