Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Atheism Is A Religion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is A Religion (24401 Views)

The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. / Atheism Is Madness / Atheism Is Extreme Evil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

grin honestly, I admire your patience
I've been around a long while. I know they are just boards one throws darts at. There are many silent observers who gain from these conversations. It keeps one fuelled. I do need to learn how you ignore that troll though wink
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

Oh listen to yourself.

If you cared to notice, I said so myself, but you managed to disregard the argument involved and posited the counter to it which in effect makes your god a figment of your imagination! Or do you think the about three times I've said so on this thread is in error?

Stick with the discussion. Do not let your religious subjectivity stop you from seeing the objective truth!

I am sticking with the discussion and this was your comment below

budaatum:

You mean, it exists only because you are aware of it?
You funny, dude. Smh

Your comment means that one does not need to OBSERVE, WITNESS, HEAR, FEEL, TOUCH, TASTE ANYTHING TO PROVE IT EXISTS.

so using this position of yours and the atheists argument that God does not exist because there is no OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE that he does (which by the way goes against your comment above) I had to ask you then if God exists.

If you were honest to yourself based on your line of argument and the above comment you directly made, your answer would have been a resounding YES without any hesitation. grin

But here you are grasping at straws for a way out. cheesy
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by hopefulLandlord: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2018
vaxx:
you are a good observer

that is why hopefullanlord disagree when i said general acceptance of a phenomenon is the objective while subjective evidence is solely base on individual acceptance ....

this is what i assume may pop up on his mind, majority of the world believes in GOD ... that make it an objective evidence....

for him to reject this acceptance, he will have to treat objective evidence as fact which is clearly wrong

General acceptance of a phenomenon does NOT make it objective

If the whole world says the earth is cone shape, it does not make it the objective shape of the earth, it seems I'll need Kingebukasblog here to explain further to you cuz I observe the other theists here are simply lapping up your posts without even thinking it through

Why not even google the meaning of objective and see how wrong you are?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:
cheesy grin

Budaatum and hopefullandlord why did you guys scamper off like little rats when caught in this trap ? cheesy

Come back and answer my question o.
Dude, I have a life outside you. Today is BAOSA UK Meeting. I'm there rest of today. Learn to be patient.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

No. Gods do not exist. They are subjective creations that do not exist objectively.

And no, you do not get to limit me between your boundaries, especially ones you have failed to comprehend. As I mentioned, because some people call one a pig feed fraud does not make it objectively so!

How can God not exist when you already said something can exist without us experiencing it? grin

So I ask again is this not your statement?
Based on your declaration can God exist without you experiencing him?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by vaxx: 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

General acceptance of a phenomenon does NOT make it objective

If the whole world says the earth is cone shape, it does not make it the objective shape of the earth, it seems I'll need Kingebukasblog here to explain further to you cuz I observe the other theists here are simply lapping up your posts without even thinking it through

Why not even google the meaning of objective and see how wrong you are?
ok let me hold on a little.....what is objective evidence?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 6:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
vaxx:
i

objective evidence is base on general held believe why subjective is solely base on individual opinion

Where did you get this from?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 6:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
vaxx:
i salute your interpretation

Thanks. We can clearly see from a scientific view point, why Atheism was born to fail.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by vaxx: 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

Where did you get this from?
http://www.iep.utm.edu/objectiv/ make sure you read
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScienceWatch:
@BudaAtum

When you say to Vaxx, "You obviously need to do some research on the topic at hand. You might want to read up on it here.
Good. You kept track.
I am saying the objective stands in its own right and has nothing to do with the eye of the beholder. This is the opposite of what vaxx said, so I imply vaxx's statement is false," you can make the needed correction later Sir.

If we consider that the mental experiences are the visible things that we take to be outside us, in this case the fallen tree. The thing itself is admittedly existent, but the character of the thing is what we have now found out and we have found it to be quite other than it is commonly thought to be.

BudaAtum, if you declare as in the bolded Red, that there are two separate facts, the fact of perception/subjectivity and the fact of an objective external material object, you have made a false analysis of sensation. The oneness of both idea and object is a discovery to which the subtle thinking of world religions and the sharp observations of good scientists inescapably lead us.

But this understanding emerges only after the hardest and most rigorous reflection, if one refuse to accept the anceint spiritual doctrines
Once this point is grasped, then one may say to himself: " I am aware of my awareness of this fallen tree," and he will then perceive that he cannot strip the second awareness from the tree in itself; they constitute an indivisible entity. Those who want to divide the facts, the tree known, into a perception of it on one hand, and its material objective substantiate on the other, who make perception a mental act and materialialty a non-mental thing, who challenges mind against matter, fall into a grievous fallacy. This is the downfall of Atheism.

What we can only know about the fallen tree is an idea, what we perceive is not a discovery but a mental construction. Those who deny this put themselves in the predicament of explaining away the inexplicable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2018
vaxx:
how do you verify the objective truth?
I was in a bar one day reading Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics.
This beautiful young girl comes up to me and asks me how I know the table in front of us was there.
So, I took her by the arm, held her hand turned upwards, and brought it down hard towards the table but she quickly pulled her hand away.
So I asked, is the table there?
She, grunted.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

Dude, I have a life outside you. Today is BAOSA UK Meeting. I'm there rest of today. Learn to be patient.

Is BAOSA UK still so damn good at soccer? Enjoy the fundraising.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by vaxx: 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

This beautiful young girl comes up to me and asks me how I know the table in front of us was there.
So, I took her by the arm, held her hand turned upwards, and brought it down hard towards the table but she quickly pulled her hand away.
She, grunted.
i love that analogy good

what is a table?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

She, grunted.

Very good Sir. Now your next step is to take that table to a science lab. They will tell you that it is not as solid as it seems. It is entirely made up of swirling untouchable atoms, molecules etc.

Suddenly the table is not so objective after all.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Your comment means that one does not need to OBSERVE, WITNESS, HEAR, FEEL, TOUCH, TASTE ANYTHING TO PROVE IT EXISTS.
Please, anytime you read my responses to ScienceWatch you will be best minded to assume I am being sarcastic. I denoted this with the "Smh" at the end of that comment.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

She, grunted.

This analogy goes starkly against your very comments and arguments here.

Your argument has been that ONE DOES NOT NEED TO SEE OR HEAR A TREE FALL BEFORE THEY SAY THE TREE FELL IN THE FOREST.

NOT SEEING OR HEARING THE SAID TREE FALL DOES NOT MEAN IT NEVER FELL.

the above has been your position all along and now you are saying the above? ARE YOU CONFUSED? grin

you do realise that sensory perception is required to validate or invalidate anything and you declared that this wasn't required to validate a tree that fell in the forest outside your view or ears yet you declare here that objective evidence of the existence of the table to this girl was her feeling the pain of hitting it with her hand (which is also a sensory perception)

Stop jumping all over the place bro. cheesy

So I asked again based on your comments earlier (which have been your position all day) Can God exist even when you do not SEE, FEEL, TOUCH, HEAR him?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
vaxx:
i love that analogy good

what is a table?
Excellent question. BudaAtum will take now take the so-called solid table to a science lab that has an Electron Microscope. What will he find out about the table?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Very good Sir. Now your next step is to take that table to a science lab. They will tell you that it is not as solid as it seems. It is entirely made up of swirling untouchable atoms, molecules etc.

grin cheesy

You read my mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

Please, anytime you read my responses to ScienceWatch you will be best minded to assume I am being sarcastic. I denoted this with the "Smh" at the end of that comment.

LOL ! I am not gay, I have no romantic feelings for you Sir. Why send me a Smh?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by vaxx: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
ScienceWatch:

wait , let him define table. he will overlap himself. he will realized what it term as table may not be table to you or me....logically, we will all have subjective definition

this is why socrate was very wrong when he said we should seek for absolute truth .....there is no absolute truth anywhere....only GOD IS THE TRUTH......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
Oh their God! How do you let them mix analogies like this?
Or are they just trying to ensure they do not use the brain you gave them? Please, Lord their God, they do you dishonour if they cannot at least be honest to you. I beg you, help them!

butterflyl1on:

This analogy goes starkly against your very comments and arguments here.

Your argument has been that ONE DOES NOT NEED TO SEE OR HEAR A TREE FALL BEFORE THEY SAY THE TREE FELL IN THE FOREST.

NOT SEEING OR HEARING THE SAID TREE FALL DOES NOT MEAN IT NEVET FELL.

the above has been your position all along and now you are saying the above? ARE YOU CONFUSED? grin

you do realise that sensory perception is required to validate or invalidate anything and you declared that this wasn't required to validate a tree that fell in the forest outside your view or ears yet you declare here that objective evidence of the existence of the table to this girl was her feeling the pain of hitting it with her hand (which is also a sensory perception)

Stop jumping all over the place bro. cheesy

So I asked again based on your comments earlier (which have been your position all day) Can God exist even when you do not SEE, FEEL, TOUCH, HEAR him?
You should have had this argument at the beginning. We have got so far now and accepted a hypothetical tree fell in a hypothetical forest.

By the way, the tree in the forest is chosen because everyone knows trees fall in forests without anyone observing the fall.

Gods might exist without anyone seeing, feeling, touching, etc, said gods, but so too can unicorns, teapots in space, aliens, spaghetti monsters etc. The fact however is that though they can exist, they categorically do not exist!
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

No you were not being sarcastic . Let me post your numerous comments that show you were not being sarcastic and which show I am right and you are simply clutching at straws.

All comments from budaatum on this thread

Good. You kept track. I am saying the objective stands in its own right and has nothing to do with the eye of the beholder.

It is a fact that the universe exists. Vaxx's statement would imply the universe does not exist until an observer exists to say it exists. This is clearly not true. The universe existed long before observers understood

Objective does exist in its own right.

Since those were your very quotes why are you now seeking evidential sensory perception to believe a table exists or a tree fell?

So I asked again, Can God exist even when you cannot experience him using your sensory perception?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2018
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

How can God not exist when you already said something can exist without us experiencing it? grin

So I ask again is this not your statement?
Based on your declaration can God exist without you experiencing him?
Your are a good interrogator, get his truth out of him.
You should have joined the SS.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=table&hl=en-GB&dcr=0&prmd=ivnsp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia8OelkefYAhXBKMAKHTRDDxwQ_AUIBigB

What a terrible way to answer a direct question from Vaxx. He asked you a simple but leading question. Please answer.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by vaxx: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=table&hl=en-GB&dcr=0&prmd=ivnsp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia8OelkefYAhXBKMAKHTRDDxwQ_AUIBigB
you see yourself....this is what i accept to be table not yours

https://www.google.com.gh/search?q=arab+design+table&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=ejXJQB17vhERHM%253A%252CC9OZHeioTfI2lM%252C_&usg=__OVnXkWPa95jE3MGW55IP7JansIM%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjN6YH-kefYAhWB_qQKHYOoCYgQ9QEIKTAB#imgrc=ejXJQB17vhERHM: am sure butterfly1ion and sciencewatch will their own table definition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by budaatum: 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

No you were not being sarcastic . Let me post your numerous comments that show you were not being sarcastic and which show I am right and you are simply clutching at straws.

Since those were your very quotes why are you now seeking evidential sensory perception to believe a table exists or a tree fell?

So I asked again, Can God exist even when you cannot experience him using your sensory perception?
I have answered you. You can go into a forest and see a tree has fallen if you cared to. I have shown you proof for the table. No evidence was presented for pig feed fraud, so we best not believe it to be true. Regardless of what you or I subjectively think, they are as they are somewhere.

Your god argument is the inverse. You subjectively create one and claim it objectively exists. Imagine if we took that attitude to pig feed fraud?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2018
budaatum:
Oh their God! How do you let them mix analogies like this?
Or are they just trying to ensure they do not use the brain you gave them? Please, Lord their God, they do you dishonour if they cannot at least be honest to you. I beg you, help them!

You should have had this argument at the beginning. We have got so far now and accepted a hypothetical tree fell in a hypothetical forest.

By the way, the tree in the forest is chosen because everyone knows trees fall in forests without anyone observing the fall.

Gods might exist without anyone seeing, feeling, touching, etc, said gods, but so too can unicorns, teapots in space, aliens, spaghetti monsters etc. The fact however is that though they can exist, they categorically do not exist!

You are imploding bro.

We are talking about God and not unicorns or teapots in space or aliens or spaghetti monsters (stay on track)

First you say Gods CAN EXIST WITHOUT ANYONE SEEING, FEELING HIM, ETC

then from saying THEY CAN EXIST you jumped eons forward and declared THE FACT IS THAT THOUGH THEY CAN EXIST THEY CATEGORICALLY DO NOT EXIST grin

you are sweating up a storm right now I can tell cheesy

If one does not need to have a sensory perception of something before that thing would exist why they is God an exception? Is he not also seen as an object in our objective world? (according to you)?

How can God not categorically exist when you said and I quote

the objective stands in its own right and has nothing to do with the eye of the beholder.

Can God not stand in His own right and have nothing to do with the eye of the beholder? grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

It is very instructive how one fallen tree can reveal serious flaws in the Atheist mind. It is not that they dont have access to knowledge, but rather their corrupt way of processing knowledge that is meant to open the door to higher truths.

Atheists have a serious mental block, which is in reality a spiritual block.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2018
I want to offer a quick solution to this prolonged arguments...

The next person to comment should prove that God exists with verifiable evidence(s).

Pls, note that your response will be good for the whole of humanity, not just nairalanders

It is as simple as that.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by butterflyl1on: 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2018
vaxx:
you see yourself....this is what i accept to be table not yours

https://www.google.com.gh/search?q=arab+design+table&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=ejXJQB17vhERHM%253A%252CC9OZHeioTfI2lM%252C_&usg=__OVnXkWPa95jE3MGW55IP7JansIM%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjN6YH-kefYAhWB_qQKHYOoCYgQ9QEIKTAB#imgrc=ejXJQB17vhERHM: am sure butterfly1ion and sciencewatch will their own table definition

The attached images are my perception of what my table is.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nairaland Prayer Network For Patience Jonathan / Don't Joke With COVID-19 - D.K. Olukoya / Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.